shape
carat
color
clarity

Pendant poll

Which pendant would you get if you were me?

• bezel with inside-only milgrain

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • antique style 4-prong that could be hung on a DBY chain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • halo style from BGD or Bev K, etc.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Van Craeynest

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like this one best by far.
I may have voted for the wrong one as the descriptions were not clear to me.

k.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, thanks everyone for all the great comments! It helps sooo much to hear what other jewelry lovers think! I do value all your input!

Circe and Dreamer- I think price is really the thing holding me back because the VC costs about 4.5 times as much as the plain bezel pendant!!! I don't know how many diamonds are in my future, but I can see myself one day getting either the VC or a halo if I get the bezel now because I have two girls...which is my excuse to need two of everything! ;)) :lol:

MrsS-I know I told you I had decided, but I couldn't speak with BG until Thursday, so it gave me time to rethink it all! :lol:

Bella, Dani, MissGR, Kenny- This is very helpful that so many really like the simple but elegant bezel setting! Thanks!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1302721561|2895194 said:
Andelain- I know, I love the VC, too, and I would still keep it on my wishlist if I could someday add another pendant! The stone is not back yet but should be soon! It was 1 ct. before and he projected .82 after. It was worth it to me to turn it into a beautifully cut stone!

I had Brian cut my .99ct light brown diamond down to .80ct and you wouldn't recognize the stone when it got back. You're going to love it and I can't wait to see pics!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain|1302735929|2895427 said:
diamondseeker2006|1302721561|2895194 said:
Andelain- I know, I love the VC, too, and I would still keep it on my wishlist if I could someday add another pendant! The stone is not back yet but should be soon! It was 1 ct. before and he projected .82 after. It was worth it to me to turn it into a beautifully cut stone!

I had Brian cut my .99ct light brown diamond down to .80ct and you wouldn't recognize the stone when it got back. You're going to love it and I can't wait to see pics!

Wow, that is super, Andelain!!! I'd love to see yours!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
athenaworth|1302737607|2895450 said:
I haven't read the rest of the responses, I wear my pendant every day and it's a small micropave halo. The pictures are on page three of this post: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-doron-isaak-reset-is-here.158714/page-3']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-doron-isaak-reset-is-here.158714/page-3[/URL]

I went back and saw your beautiful new pictures! That pendant is gorgeous and really is perfect with your new ring! I do love your pendant halo because it is so delicate! Doron is certainly right up there with the masters of pave, that is for sure! If I had had these pictures when I made the poll, I would have included this one for sure! Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going to go vote for the bezel. They are so classy looking. All your other choices are very pretty though. I'm not much help in these matters because it's all pretty to me. :bigsmile:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Yes, he does.

izumi

Rough_Rock
DS, just saw this thread. I'm currently working on my pendant setting, I prefer prong setting, so tried on the Tiffany's. The four basket fixed chain setting does NOT flip at all. The sales told me that Tiffany set stones lower 1ct on a bail, and above 1ct with fixed chains.

SK prefers the slider, promised me his basket setting will not flip at all, while Maytel likes the fixed chain, and said there is no guarantee of not flipping.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I vote bezel, but I prefer no millegraining. I used to have a slider, but I'm switching it out for a stationary one with my upgrade, so we'll see if it ends up flipping.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is very interesting, izumi! I was recently in Tiffany's but did not think to try on pendants. I usually think of their bezel pendants which have fixed chains, but it is interesting how they set the stones above and below 1 ct. with and without a bail. The family stone I am setting was 1 ct. but I had Brian Gavin recut it, so it will only be around 6mm when it is done (which I hope will be any day now). I was mainly thinking bezel since the stone is relatively small.

So SK makes a basket setting that slides? I'd be interested in knowing how that works. I do like slider settings. I did get a quote from Maytal and would probably have her make a halo pendant for me, but I would still go for a slider. I couldn't post a picture of her halo pendant because I couldn't copy photos from her site.

Have you sent your stone to be set yet? I'd be interested in seeing what you have made!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jstarfireb|1303616423|2903869 said:
I vote bezel, but I prefer no millegraining. I used to have a slider, but I'm switching it out for a stationary one with my upgrade, so we'll see if it ends up flipping.

Hmmm, I know Tiffany bezels have the fixed chain, but I am not sure how it would lie with the open culet. That is my hesitation with that style. I'd love to see yours, too!

izumi

Rough_Rock
DS, after seeing Frankie's posts, I'm thinking about halo it. Maytel thinks the halo will help prevent flipping. I'm still waiting for her quote and have not talked about the halo detials - how big the melee will be, airline or not, side and back design. One thing for sure is no bezel.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Another bezel vote! I have the BGD Barbara pendant with a .75 ct. center, and I absolutely love it. It doesn't flip on me at all. It's easy to dress it up or down. I like the milgrain idea, too. It gives it a little something extra, which I think could make it fit better in the "heirloom" category.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1303616988|2903872 said:
jstarfireb|1303616423|2903869 said:

Hmmm, I know Tiffany bezels have the fixed chain, but I am not sure how it would lie with the open culet. That is my hesitation with that style. I'd love to see yours, too!

I specifically asked for the DBTY-style bezel because I wanted to see the profile. I'm not sure how it will lie, but as this G color stone will be my whitest diamond to date, I wanted to be able to see the icy whiteness from the side view. I'll post pics when it's done!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Here's a pic of my slider bezel from WF if it helps. This is the old one I sent back when I upgraded my stone. It certainly got a lot of mileage.

JB_0529.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm late to this thread, but I hope to have my Barbara pendant from BGD soon; and will post pics and my opnions about it.

I vote for a milgrained pendant, cos I'm biased, he he! :tongue: :twirl:

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Don't know if you're still deciding but if it were me, I'd wait and save for the VC. It has all the qualities you're looking for: bezel-set, heirloom quality, and I think its simple enough to wear daily.

Unless you absolutely, positively have to have a pendant NOW! :wink2: then I'd get the bezel.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Izumi- I was pleased with Maytal's quote. She made my daughter's wedding band back in Dec. and the ring was so beautiful! I probably would do prong-set for a halo myself.

kittybean- your Barbara pendant influenced me a lot to consider that setting since your stone is similar size to mine! I am glad you have been pleased with it! I wish I could see the back in person but it helps to read that you think it is pretty!

jstar- I do love the way your old slider bezel works, but I also have decided on a more open back this time. I'll look forward to seeing your new setting!

Phoenix- Oh, I can't wait to see your new pendant, either! I'm just afraid I will have DSS after seeing yours! But seriously, I did look back at your former inside-only milgrain studs in helping me to decide how to do the bezel. I just loved how they were done!

Amelia- I know, there is something so special about VC! I know I would never have regrets about it. I think my only fear was something someone posted earlier that just because I love it wouldn't mean that a daughter or grandaughter wouldn't reset it eventually, and it is a lot of money to spend when it might not be somebody else's taste. I think the bezel is probably the safest, although it isn't as much of a statement piece as VC or a halo.

I think I have about talked myself into needing one of each pendant!!! :lol:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1303676909|2904178 said:
jstar- I do love the way your old slider bezel works, but I also have decided on a more open back this time. I'll look forward to seeing your new setting!

My thoughts exactly with my reset/upgrade.

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
kenny|1302731021|2895341 said:
I like this one best by far.
I may have voted for the wrong one as the descriptions were not clear to me.

I second (or third, fourth...) this option! It's on my "eventually I'll have one" list! And I agree with the others about having it be a slider--not hip on the mickey mouse look.

Have fun deciding!

BoulderGal

izumi

Rough_Rock
Izumi- I was pleased with Maytal's quote. She made my daughter's wedding band back in Dec. and the ring was so beautiful! I probably would do prong-set for a halo myself.

I'm towards prong set halo too, with fixed chain. I know if I talk myself into the stock setting of 3 prong or 4 prong, I will regret later.

Are you thinking about 1 pointer or 2 pointers? Cut down pave or V pave? Do you have a design/ reference # in mind? I saw your daughter's wedding band, it was very beautiful! I wonder how Maytel's halo compares to SK's.

happybear

Shiny_Rock
DS,

Your poll ended before I could vote :cry:

But I would have gone for the bezel with milgrain like the majority here ::)
Can't wait to see your finished product!

I am currently planning my bezel pendant project too! I still can't decide if I should have a single milgrain or a double and what kind of side profile/detailing I would like to have. Maybe I should start a poll too :razz:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bouldergal...seems like a very strong preference here for that pendant! Thanks for your input!

Izumi....I didn't get into a lot of detail when I asked Maytal for the quote. I was thinking maybe 1 pt. stones in the halo, though, beadset with a milgrain edge, center stone prong set probably, and I think I would have the pendant slide on the chain. I just asked her to quote one similar to the ones on her site. I think Steven would be wonderful, too, but since I had worked with Maytal before, I decided to just ask her.

Happybear...I am sorry the poll closed before you voted! I wish I could have revised the date! But it is really interesting to me that there is such a preference for the bezel pendant! I talked to Brian after posting this and I really got the idea that it almost isn't worth redesigning the side or back of the Barbara pendant. He said with a small stone it was pretty involved to try to make cut outs on the sides. That works better on a larger halo pendant. So at the moment, I am leaning toward going with the Barbara with inside-only milgrain. If you haven't already, find Phoenix's milgrain bezel studs and that is what I am talking about. I'd look but it is so far past my bedtime that I can't search for it tonight!

happybear

Shiny_Rock
DS dear, please go to bed soon :snore:

I searched for Phoenix's studs and oh my.... gorgeous! :love:
For the benefit of others, here's the glamor shot (hope Phoenix doesn't mind me posting her photo of her beauties here)

Brian does has a point about the effort required for the side or back of the pendant. My diamond is also about 6mm, so it may not be worth the while doing something intricate on the side. Did you also check with him on the possibility of the diamond in the slider pendant being affected by the chain in any way?

Attachments

• phoenix milgrain studs.bmp
    700.2 KB · Views: 343

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
kittybean- your Barbara pendant influenced me a lot to consider that setting since your stone is similar size to mine! I am glad you have been pleased with it! I wish I could see the back in person but it helps to read that you think it is pretty!

I think I have about talked myself into needing one of each pendant!!! :lol:
The back really is lovely in person. It's very swoopy, delicate, and pretty. I scrounged up a few more pictures from my thread that might give you a better idea. I have had several slider pendants in the past--never liked the fixed ones as much--and this on is by far the prettiest, the least flippy, and the most glamorous-looking with its super-thin bezel and its fireball of a diamond. Here are a couple photos I grabbed that show the back:

(P.S. Hope you have time for a wee bit of enablement: all your choice are gorgeous, and I think you should get all of them eventally :Up_to_something: .)

Attachments

• BBP BACK 2.bmp
    157.8 KB · Views: 352
  • BBP BACK 2.bmp
    157.8 KB · Views: 343
  • BBP back 1.bmp
    582.3 KB · Views: 368

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
I cant wait to see your pendant ! I am certain its going to look amazing :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
happybear- 1 am is just too late for me to stay up, but I lose track of time when I am on here! Thanks for posting the photo of Phoenix's beautiful bezel studs! I think the milgrain is perfect on these! It does make me want an extra pair of matching studs, though! I want to keep my current pair in a prong setting because I like that look, too, for studs. I wish there was a way to try some on! I don't think I'll bother with redesigning the back since kittybean is pleased with the way it looks and functions. And I have not heard of any problems with the slider chain. I am going to ask them to take some pictures for me with one of the DBTY chains to see if I like that or of it is too much.

kittybean- thanks for adding your pictures! I sometimes forget how delicate these pieces really are when we see them magnified 1000 times! Your pendant is really beautiful! PS is always enabling, that is for sure!

Hospatogi- thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results