shape
carat
color
clarity

What Do You Think of This Diamond?

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
It's around .80ct, maybe Q-R color, and the inclusion you see at 2 oclock is a fracture that seems to disappear when you rotate the diamond

Hearts_Final.jpg

IDSfinal.jpg

80pt-recut-angle.jpg

80pt-recut.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Now before you answer, you might want to know what it used to look like........... :bigsmile:

80pt-recut-before.jpg

ASETPre098.jpg

Hearts_Pre.jpg

IDS_PRE.jpg

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not a H&A for sure. :razz:

Slight leakage under the table from the IS, so slightly steep PA, not completely compensated by a largish lower half? Leakage probably not visible in stereo vision?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can definitely see the leakage under the table but the before pics looked like a train wreck!

Recut is a huge improvement!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Stone Cold, I think you're missing the point. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It went from being an ugly duckling that I loved in spite of the cut from hell to being a pretty, but much lighter little rock, even though it'll never be perfect. :bigsmile: :wavey:

But I think you're right on the technical details. :appl: You should have seen the 'before' crown height and angles. :-o

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
What was the carat before?

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Doc_1 said:
What was the carat before?

It was .998. How's that for a crash diet? :naughty:

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
:razz:
BGD did the lipo-suction for the stone?
Looks like it had a very high crown before the surgery, for such a large weight loss. Not sure about the PA, some parts suggests leakage, some obstruction. Very off symm.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Stone-cold11 said:
:razz:
BGD did the lipo-suction for the stone?
Looks like it had a very high crown before the surgery, for such a large weight loss. Not sure about the PA, some parts suggests leakage, some obstruction. Very off symm.

Liposuction isn't the word for it, but yes, Brian recut it for me. I wish I could get to the sarin report he sent me, the original crown height and angles would have been idea if they's been stats for the PAVILION! And you can tell from the pics how very out-of-round it was. :lol:

I think to the naked eye it's going to be a beautiful stone. Now to get it reset....... :Up_to_something:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Whoa what a difference! Talk about a great transformation. How's the color? It looks super white to me in that first pic. What are you doing with it? Is it going back in the ring?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
What were the face up measurements before and after? I bet it did not lose too much diameter...

I think it looks great!

antelope1

Brilliant_Rock
The improvement is amazing!

... Does Brian work on humans too? If he could just take off some of my rough... :D

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
antelope1 said:

... Does Brian work on humans too? If he could just take off some of my rough... :D

Big ditto Antelope :lol: :lol: :lol: I wish Brian could work some miracles on me too!

Andelain, your diamond looks beautiful! What a great improvement :appl:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
B.E.G. said:
Whoa what a difference! Talk about a great transformation. How's the color? It looks super white to me in that first pic. What are you doing with it? Is it going back in the ring?

That's what I said, B.E.G.! The stone is distinctly honey colored, so while I expect it to be a lighter honey, I doubt 'white' will be in the discription. I think it's just the way they light the stone for the arrows pic. The angled shot shows a little of the color, but I still can't tell what it'll really look like. When I get it back I'll try to get pics showing it's color as we see it. My little brown diamond is sure to be shown off here and happy about it.

In order to put it back in the ring I'd have to remove a .84 ct D-VS2 ACA stone, so I'm sure you've guessed that's not going to happen. :bigsmile: I do have another project in mind for my old brown that's so different that I'm going to keep it under my hat for just a bit longer so I can surprise all you PS'ers with it. It's something I doubt you'd ever think of. :naughty: :Up_to_something: :bigsmile:

allowingtoo

Shiny_Rock
All these Brian Gavin recuts makes me rethink mine. I showed him a diamond I have a year or so ago and he said he could do it and I've put it off. It's 1CT Mine Cut Type II A diamond (how do you write that? I forgot). It's too steep deep? so the center tends to looks dark if it's not absolutely clean. I ended up taking it out of a ring and putting it in a bezel doughnut setting on a necklace and that helps, but looking at these I can only imagine what it would look like after he did it. He said he would keep the Mine Cut and not make it into a Brilliant Cut of course.

Yours is gorgeous!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Andelain said:
B.E.G. said:

That's what I said, B.E.G.! The stone is distinctly honey colored, so while I expect it to be a lighter honey, I doubt 'white' will be in the discription. I think it's just the way they light the stone for the arrows pic. The angled shot shows a little of the color, but I still can't tell what it'll really look like. When I get it back I'll try to get pics showing it's color as we see it. My little brown diamond is sure to be shown off here and happy about it.

In order to put it back in the ring I'd have to remove a .84 ct D-VS2 ACA stone, so I'm sure you've guessed that's not going to happen. :bigsmile: I do have another project in mind for my old brown that's so different that I'm going to keep it under my hat for just a bit longer so I can surprise all you PS'ers with it. It's something I doubt you'd ever think of. :naughty: :Up_to_something: :bigsmile:

I was wondering! I just figured you really liked that setting, lol. I can't wait to see some IRL shots of the diamond - and can't wait to see how you set this! :)

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
so is this stone being sent to a lab for grading or you just going to let it go ungraded?

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Stone-cold11 said:
so is this stone being sent to a lab for grading or you just going to let it go ungraded?

I really don't think it's worth getting graded. It's I-something (probably 1) in clarity and way down the alphabet, plus small. Plus I don't plan to sell the thing, so I don't see any point getting a report on it. Think I'll just enjoy it for whatever it is.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great make-over! I have a very ugly .75ish stone that I would love to have re-cut but I'm afraid that Brian
wouldnt touch it with a 10 foot pole. I'm pretty sure its an I1, 2 or 3??? Maybe I should post some pics and see
what other folks think about a re-cut. Yours turned out great!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
tyty333 said:
What a great make-over! I have a very ugly .75ish stone that I would love to have re-cut but I'm afraid that Brian
wouldnt touch it with a 10 foot pole. I'm pretty sure its an I1, 2 or 3??? Maybe I should post some pics and see
what other folks think about a re-cut. Yours turned out great!

Send it to him for an eval, the most you'd be out of shipping both ways. I think it he'd cut mine he'll cut yours. That extra arrow you see at 2 oclock is a fracture that goes most of the depth of the stone.

I found the pre-cut sarin report if you want to laugh at just how bad the stone was cut before it's crash diet.

Sarin_Pre098-cropped.jpg

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow...

So what is the final crown and pav angle?

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Stone-cold11 said:
Wow...

So what is the final crown and pav angle?

I don't know. I asked Jamie for that, but haven't gotten it yet. I hope they don't forget to give me that.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great improvement!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
natyLad said:
antelope1 said:

Big ditto Antelope :lol: :lol: :lol: I wish Brian could work some miracles on me too!

Andelain, your diamond looks beautiful! What a great improvement :appl:

You know, I just might have to pack myself in a box addressed to Brian. If he could do the same thing for me too I'd love it. :bigsmile:

And he did work wonder on the diamond.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results