clarity

My Doron Isaak Reset Is Here!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa Athena!! what a change!! looks Stunning! :love: :love: :love:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! :love: :love: :love: Gorgeous stone and that setting is amazing! What detail! That ring is truly one-of-a-kind.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Your ring makes a beautiful, dramatic statement. And it looks perfect on your hand!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I can say with 100% certainty that this is my forever ring. However ;-) I'm thinking of asking him to bezel set it. Does that make me a bad person?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow. It's stunning!

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
Of course that does not make you a bad person! What is making you want to bezel it?

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
That is absolutely stunning! :love:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
kal2021|1302078868|2889030 said:
Of course that does not make you a bad person! What is making you want to bezel it?

I guess it's that I'm afraid of the prongs. Right now they're catching on things, but when I've talked to Doron and he said he can fix that when I get back. Maybe I won't want it bezel set after that. BUT I also think it would make even more cohesive since the other stones are bezel set, if that makes sense.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
athena, I wasn't around when your ring was done but oh what a wonderful surprise I came home to!!!!! Honey, it came out perfect. Spectacular! After all the rings you tried on, some more beautiful than the next, this one is definitely IT! What fine job he did too, and by fine I mean his attention to the tiniest of details. Your up close shots are stunning. Oh baby that's a once in a life time ring!
And bezel or no bezel, it will be beautiful either way. Just be happy with it and show it off with pride because it's drop dead gorgeous!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, athena, I would sooo hate to see you change those gorgeous prongs for a bezel!!!! I think it is perfect as it is!!!

I just noticed on the pendant thread that you posted a beautiful pendant Doron made for you as well, but I don't see thread on that. Would you mind taking some pictures of it and posting a thread? There really aren't very many choices of pendant setting styles for a diamond solitaire.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I'm late to the thread but damn, Athena!! Talk about knocking it out of the park! That is one gorgeous, amazing piece!! :love: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky: :love:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
diamondseeker2006|1302311198|2891626 said:
Oh, athena, I would sooo hate to see you change those gorgeous prongs for a bezel!!!! I think it is perfect as it is!!!

I just noticed on the pendant thread that you posted a beautiful pendant Doron made for you as well, but I don't see thread on that. Would you mind taking some pictures of it and posting a thread? There really aren't very many choices of pendant setting styles for a diamond solitaire.
I'm sure once the prongs are set down better, i won't want to change to a bezel. They're just worrying me while I'm away from home. He'll have them fixed for me in no time, i'm sure.

When I get home I will take pics of my necklace. It's a really nice piece. I wear it almost all of the time.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
This is beautiful!!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You know what's funny? I never thought I'd be a halo girl. I never thought I'd own a halo, and now look at me! Hell, I'm even considering more with my colored stones!! Sparkly addiction!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I thought I'd post some pictures of my Doron Isaak pendant and ring together so you guys can see them (and a few more of the reset just for kicks). The main stone is a .5 carat H VS2. It was my original ER stone.

IMG_6902.JPG

IMG_6900.JPG

IMG_6892.JPG

IMG_6889.JPG

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ANd here are a few more of my reset.

IMG_6896.JPG

IMG_6895.JPG

IMG_6871.JPG

IMG_6866.JPG

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bird beak? You're kooky Athena - you're gorgeous!! And so is your ring - I know you have a large stone, and it shows up so beautifully on you and looks very substantial - and yet it looks very proportional to your hand, and very tasteful and elegant. Blingy without being too much. Oh, I'm not expressing myself very well, but it looks perfect on your hand!

And your pendant - omg, it's to die for! So so pretty - congrats on all of your gorgeous pieces!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, gosh, almost missed the new pics! I think it looks even more beautiful with a real life perspective! You must be thrilled! The pendant is just gorgeous, too, and perfectly compliments the ring! :love:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
i thought i'd post one more pic I took and a before/before (my very first ering, my second ering with my upgrade and then my rest) just to show ya.

IMG_6905.JPG

IMG_5623.JPG

ry=400.jpeg

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
What a perfect setting for your original diamond I love it!. So pretty, I might need one of those too. It has a great presence on your neck line. You look beautiful in your perspective shot. We've all got gripes about our looks, mine is my cursed double chin ick.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you Junebug and Sandycheeks. You're too sweet. We are really our own worst critics, aren't we? But hey, at least my bird beak distracts from my hay hair. :razz:

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
athenaworth|1303273771|2900736 said:
i thought i'd post one more pic I took and a before/before (my very first ering, my second ering with my upgrade and then my rest) just to show ya.

WOW! Upgrade after ugrade...lucky you :) I'm already drooling over my 10th year upgrade already, I have 3 more years to go.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pendant is as lovely as the ering. Silly girl - you're beautiful - no bad nose or bad hair!

Enjoy your new pretties - they are gorgeous!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wanted to add one more of my pendant/ring, then I'm done. Sorry for overloading. I have way too much fun taking pics.

IMG_6899.JPG

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Just popped back in to drool over your halo more and then WHAM! Gorgeous halo pendant! Athena, start a thread on your pendant! I'd love to see more shots of it, the side, back, etc. It's gorgeous!

stlc

Rough_Rock
Holy smokes!!!!!! This ring is GORGEOUS!!!! I LUFF it!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

stlc

Rough_Rock
athenaworth|1301855445|2886784 said:
OCmom3xboys|1301853061|2886752 said:
athenaworth|1301755338|2885881 said:
Here are a few more. I finally got to see her in sunshine. She's divine! I didn't have DSS with my old setting, lord knows I'll never get it with this one! I don't feel like it looks as ginormous on my hand as it does in the pictures.

athena - did i miss it somewhere? i know your center stone is 2.5, more specs please

thanks
It's an ideal VS2 I colored with SBF.

ooooh but can I ask even more specs plz, like what size baby d's are in your halo?
And the size of the baby d's running down the bands?
Also the width of the bands at its widest point (horizontal across your finger)?
I'm still new and learning but that kewl shaped diamond in the bands? What is it called? :read:

With the width Q: I'm trying to figure out how much space you need inorder to put that kewl shaped diamond inbetween the bands =)

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
stlc|1306655662|2933003 said:
athenaworth|1301855445|2886784 said:
OCmom3xboys|1301853061|2886752 said:
athenaworth|1301755338|2885881 said:
Here are a few more. I finally got to see her in sunshine. She's divine! I didn't have DSS with my old setting, lord knows I'll never get it with this one! I don't feel like it looks as ginormous on my hand as it does in the pictures.

athena - did i miss it somewhere? i know your center stone is 2.5, more specs please

thanks
It's an ideal VS2 I colored with SBF.

ooooh but can I ask even more specs plz, like what size baby d's are in your halo?
And the size of the baby d's running down the bands?
Also the width of the bands at its widest point (horizontal across your finger)?
I'm still new and learning but that kewl shaped diamond in the bands? What is it called? :read:

With the width Q: I'm trying to figure out how much space you need inorder to put that kewl shaped diamond inbetween the bands =)
I just typed up this whole thing and accidentially hit the back key! GRR!

Anyway - you're asking some excellent questions. I had to drag out my appraisal and ruler to get the info for you because I really had no idea whatsoever. :D

So the approximate width at the widest is 10mm. The appraisal doesn't say specifically what size each teeny stone is, but it does say there are 272 RB with estimated total weight of .74 cttw, so they're pretty teeny.

The side diamonds are called nobel cuts (http://www.am-diamonds.com/articles/fancy-shaped-diamonds/noble-cut-diamond.php) and they're Doron's design. They're .28 cttw.

And thank you for the compliments. I love it very much. It's definitely hefty, and has a lot of finger coverage, but I love it. I wore a fake solitaire when I was getting the horse shoe sizer put on it and I can definitely say I am not a solitaire girl.

kimber418

Shiny_Rock
OMG! Your ring is beautiful. I love it. I love your pendant also. Perfect setting. Congrats!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Since I finally figured out how to use my macro lens, I thought I'd snap a few more details of the ring and show them to you. Seriously - if I could just take pictures of furbabies and sparklies all day, I'd be in Heaven.

Thanks for letting me share.

IMG_4713.JPG

IMG_4710.JPG

IMG_4709.JPG

IMG_4707.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results