shape
carat
color
clarity

My Custom Whiteflash Ring is Here!!!!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Finally! After all these months it's here and I have pics! But first my little brown diamond has a story to tell........

Hello, I’m a little brown diamond and I want to tell you my story. It’s kind of long, but to me anyway, it’s the most fascinating tale ever told. It’s the story of my life.

It all started millions of years ago deep underground. I was a piece of carbon, crowded with other carbon down there, but comfortable. Eventually though, the crowding and the weight of the rocks on top of me got uncomfortable, then downright cramped. Something had to give. It turned out to be me. I was squeezed and crunched until I couldn’t breathe, and then even more. Eventually I was squeezed enough to change into a diamond. Hey, I’m the hardest substance known to man; just try to squeeze me anymore! So I got comfortable again, and the millennia passed. One day my home underground started shifting and something happened. I was moving! I found myself out in the open air for the first time in my life, and I saw a human. He picked me up and looked at me, then tossed me into a tray with some of my friends from underground. Apparently there was more than one tray, because I never saw some of my friends again. The tray I was in was referred to by terms like ‘included’, ‘off color’, ‘promotional grade’, and a few other things. What do those words mean? Am I inferior? I fear that I am.

Finally I’m picked up by someone who calls himself a ‘cutter’. He cleaves off part of me, oh the pain! Then he attaches me to a stick and abrades me into the shape he wants. Oh, this is so painful! :errrr: Just think if I were to grind off your kneecaps!! :angryfire: The pain, the pain! ;( A couple hours later he’s done and seems satisfied. At last, the pain is over. Does this mean I’m not inferior now? Am I beautiful? I’m wrapped in a small piece of paper and put in a box with some of my friends that have undergone the same torture. We’re all scared, we don’t know what’s happening to us. Why, oh why couldn’t we have been left alone? We weren’t hurting anyone, just minding our own business deep underground. We get bumped and bounced around in our little package, then a couple days later another human opens the box and takes us out. He opens a few of the papers and looks at us. He seems a little disappointed when he looks at me, does this mean I’m still inferior? I was hoping I was beautiful.

Not long after that I’m given a new home, in something called a ‘ring’. It’s a plain ring, but it’s my new home and I think I like it. I can see the world around me, the light reaches me and I even sparkle a little. I sit in a tray with a couple of my friends and several diamonds I’ve never met before. We all look at each other and I notice most of them are white or nearly white. I’m brown. What does this mean? Am I very rare? The others think it means I’m inferior. I think they’re wrong. We get packed into another box for another bumpy ride to another location, this is called a ‘jewelry store’. I see lots of other diamonds here, they live in rings like I do, or in ‘necklaces’, ‘earrings’, or other neat homes. Almost all of them are white too, and many of them sparkle more than me. But I’m bigger than most of them, I weigh one carat. I also have less ‘inclusions’ than most of them, so I’m happy.

A tag with numbers gets hung on my home and I’m put in a display case along with some of my friends. I like this, I get to see new people and even get held up to the light sometimes. I see some of my friends get picked up, but then they don’t ever come back and I get scared. Then I realize they got themselves a human to take them away so they could live in the light and make people smile. I want my own human! Each time I get looked at I try to shine and sparkle like the white diamonds, but I just can’t. I’m brown. So I rarely get taken out of the case and I always get put back when I do. I’m starting to worry, will I never have a human to call my own? Will I never be loved and make someone smile? Months go by, all the diamonds I came here with are long gone, as are their replacements and their replacement’s replacements. I despair that I’ll ever find a human to love me. :((

I’ve been long since moved to the far end of the case and the tag changed out for one with lower numbers when one day I hear a lady walk in and look at the pretty white diamonds like everyone else does. Then I hear her say “Got anything with a little more color?” The lady behind the counter’s eyes pop open wide, then she rushed down to where I am and hands me over. The lady takes me and smiles and says that this was what she had in mind. The store owner comes over and talks at length about diamonds to this lady, who hereafter shall be referred to as ‘MiLady’. Finally she makes a price offer for me! The store owner accepts, a size adjustment was made to my home and MiLady slips me on her right ring finger and leaves the store. I have my own human! :appl: :D

She wears me quite a bit, I also spend time in her jewelry box with some of her other jewelry and manage to make a couple friends. I find out that my home is what’s called an ‘engagement ring’, but that MiLady isn’t wearing me for that purpose. She’s already married and she wears me on the other hand. I don’t mind that, besides the guy she’s married to is mean to her. He’s even angry that she bought me, but she tells him to stow it until he starts paying the bills. I was glad when he was sent away a few months later. After a couple years she carries me into another jewelry store and hands me over to a lady who has loupes and tools. She also hands over another home that has no diamond living in it. They talk a little and MiLady leaves me behind. I’m a little scared, but the lady jeweler seems kind. She rips me from my home, but immediately puts me into that nice new home.
Top4-oldstone-croppedforPS.jpg

Wow, this is great, now I have a custom home! MiLady comes back a few days later and takes me home. She takes me out and when she’s about to put me on her finger she stops, holds me still for a few minutes and says something to herself and puts me on her finger. I quickly come to realize that I’m still not a wedding or engagement ring, but that I have a special meaning to MiLady. I don’t know what it is because she never explains it to anyone, but I don’t mind not knowing. I just like being special and loved. A few men come and go in her life, there's even the time I had to share her hand with another ring that seemed special to her but I didn't mind. She seemed sad the day she gave him that ring back, he moved out shortly after that. There was also the times when she wanted to get blinged up and she put me in her jewelry box and wore her fancier white diamonds. I didn't mind because I knew she'd always come back to me.

I like this! So the years go by and I’m happy and get to see the light a lot. I get worn most of the time and think life is grand. Then things start to change and MiLady seems restless. She packs up and moves across the country and I get to see the desert. She has also gone back into the Army and I get to see an Army base. After a couple years MiLady packs up again and goes back across the country to her old home. Then she packs just a few belongings and her Army uniforms and reports for deployment. I get to go with her! She goes to a place called ‘The Sandbox’, but she calls it a few things I feared would melt my home. After just a few months she gets sent home in a hurry, and a while after that she deploys again. This time she stays over here and I get to see more of this place. This time it’s warmer too. I just wonder where MiLady learned all those dirty words she uses when she talks about the place.

I’m as happy as ever, but one day MiLady packs me in a box and I start a long, bumpy journey. I have no idea where I’m going, maybe MiLady is sending me to get my home polished? It needs it! She’s been looking at diamonds online but that doesn’t scare me, she’s bought lots of other diamonds and still loves me. So I get to this place where they have lots of beautiful diamonds. Really beautiful diamonds. I suddenly feel inferior again, I’ve never seen diamonds shine and sparkle like these. The people there look at me with pity in their eyes. Why? What’s wrong with me? What does “cut like a truck” stand for? But none of that matters until a couple days later. Wait! STOP! Why are you ripping me from my home?!?!? STOP!!!!!!!!!! Oh, this is terrible! I’ve been torn from my home and the whitest, sparkliest diamond I’ve ever seen gets moved in. This interloper has something called a ‘grading report’. What does ‘D’ color mean? Does that mean it’s inferior? Something tells me it means just the opposite. Oh, this is terrible! What have I done to deserve such fate?

Now I get put back into a box with the new diamond in MY home in the same box and we bump and bounce our way back to MiLady. The interloper tries to be nice, but I’m not playing along. I refuse to even say hello. We get back to Iraq and Milady opens the box. First she looks at me, but then sets me aside. Then she opens the box with my home and the interloper and just stares for a minute. She looks in awe. She never looked quite that way at me! She puts my home down and takes pictures, then puts it back on her finger. It’s too much for me to bear, I can’t watch! I’ve been replaced!
LW-topshot-cropped.jpg

So now MiLady wears my replacement every day, takes lots of pictures and loves it more than she ever loved me. Oh, cruel fate! ;( :blackeye: She keeps looking at me, but it’s not the same. She has a strange look in her eye. What’s she going to do? Will she sell me, maybe to someone who’ll love me and give me a new home? Oh, I can dream. Finally after a couple months she puts me in yet another box for another bumpy ride across the ocean. Doesn’t she know I get seasick?!? Doesn’t she care?!? ;(

This time I arrive at a jeweler right by the one that ripped me from my home. I never want to see them again. These people seem nice, they look at me, measure me, then put me back in the safe so I can rest. Then one day someone named ‘Brian’ takes me out and starts grinding on me. OUCH! THE PAIN!!! OWWWWW, STOP PLEASE!!! :errrr: Mercifully he finally does, but not before I’ve lost 20% of my weight. Now they measure me again, and I’m something called AGS 0 now. Does that mean I’m beautiful, that I’m not inferior anymore? I finally get to see a reflection of myself and I can’t believe it. I’m lighter brown now, but I’m sparklier then I ever dreamed possible! So will I get a new home now?

BGD-recut1.jpg
80pt-recut-angle.jpg
80pt-recut.jpg
LittleBrown.jpg

But it doesn’t happen. Instead I’m packed back in yet another box for yet another trip across that God-forsaken ocean. I still have no home, why? Am I still ugly? I finally get back to where MiLady is stationed and hear her voice so I know it’s her picking me up. She’s walking back to her CHU with me when she hears explosions like she hears a lot, so she runs into a bunker. It’s starting to get dark, but she decides to look at me anyway, since she has to wait for something called the ‘all clear’. Even in the fading daylight she’s amazed at how much I sparkle and seems to wonder if it’s still me. Then she puts me away so she doesn’t lose me, and later takes me to her room. She takes me out and takes some pictures, but doesn’t have me a home. I feel rejected again, I’m just homeless. Then a few weeks later she stuffs me in YET ANOTHER box for yet another trip across the ocean. I swear whoever opens the box is going to think I’m a green diamond I’m so seasick by now! :knockout:

Finally I get to my destination and it’s those awful people who ripped me from my home! How could she?!?! I never knew MiLady could be so cruel! Oh, life is terrible! The cruel people there look me over and put me into that dark place they call a ‘safe’. It’s dark and claustrophobic in there, and they just leave me in there. Every day they open the safe and take out other, more beautiful white diamonds, but they just leave me behind. I’m so sad and rejected. One day I’m taken out by one of those awful people and measured again and looked at, but then I’m stuck back into that safe. Why are they so cruel? Oh, woe is me! ;(

Then one day I’m taken out of that dark safe and carried over to a workbench. I dare not hope, but a part of me wants to dream. Then it happens, I can’t believe what’s happening. I’m pushed hard against some metal and it’s real.
I HAVE A NEW HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl: :love: :appl:
I must be dreaming, this is too good to be true. I look around at my savior who put me in my new home, and all those other wonderful people at this place and I just know I’m in my forever home. They smile at me and I know I’m beautiful, then this lady named ‘Becca’ takes pictures of me that are almost as beautiful as I feel. They’re so beautiful, I hope they get sent to MiLady.

So now I’m put into a nice wooden box and packed for my trip back across the ocean, I’m so anxious. The trip seems to take forever because I can’t wait to see MiLady’s face when she sees me, I know she’ll look at me like she did that other diamond from this place. Finally, finally I’m back and out of that box.

First the WF pics by the oh so talented Becca....
011711e.jpg
011711d.jpg
011711f.jpg
011711c.jpg
011711a.jpg
011711b.jpg

Then some color comparisons to it's reverse-color twin....
WFBDR-BothOldCHU.jpg
WFBDR-BothInCabbage.jpg
BothWF-outside.jpg
BothWF-inMirror.jpg
BothWF-inside-2.jpg
BothWF-inside.jpg
BothWF-inside-3.jpg

And a few by itself....
WF-BD-OnMiddleFinger.jpg
WF-BD-InBox.jpg
WF-BD-Outside2.jpg
WFBDR-OnDeck-En.jpg
WF-BD-OnHand.jpg

And who can resist fire shots? I'm amazed at the different colors this moody little stone throws off....
WFBDR-GreenFire.jpg
WFBDR-WhiteRainbowFire.jpg
WFBDR-BlueFire-Pendant.jpg

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I love this story! Wow...what a difference in the brown diamond. It looks great.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for telling us your story, Brown Diamond! You ARE beautiful, and I love your new home.

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
I love this story, too! I feel a strong connection to you now, Brown Diamond. Do not be afraid, MiLady will always take good care of you. If not, I WILL!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: Great story! What a life you've lived little brown diamond!

I love your "new" diamond in its new home, Andelain! Beautiful contrast between it and its "reverse color twin"! What a great idea. :wavey:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I love how he has a different personality in different lighting! Very nice! ::)

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful - love Brown Diamond's history, really love the new ring - actually love the look of both rings on your hands!

P.S. With a little revamping and few more photos, I think you have the makings of a terrific children's story - I know time is not heavy on your hands but you should consider the idea - most kids I know would love this tale.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ande, that was an amazing story. I LOVED it!!! Your new ring is beautiful, and so is Miss Brownie. She looks very sweet and comfortable in her new home.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!

Amazing how the same setting w/ diamonds of the same shape and similar size can look - so very different!

It also struck me that most people would have done this the other way 'round - put Brownie in yg and the D in white 8) cute story though :bigsmile:

How will you ever decide which to wear?!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
I want a brown diamond too! Awesome, I love your style, one in each color. Will we see a rose gold version in the near future?

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
marymm|1298130033|2855388 said:
Beautiful - love Brown Diamond's history, really love the new ring - actually love the look of both rings on your hands!

P.S. With a little revamping and few more photos, I think you have the makings of a terrific children's story - I know time is not heavy on your hands but you should consider the idea - most kids I know would love this tale.

Wow, thanks. I never thought of anything like that. I just hoped some PS'ers would get a kick out of it. ::) :wavey:

Venice|1298089368|2855235 said:
I love this story, too! I feel a strong connection to you now, Brown Diamond. Do not be afraid, MiLady will always take good care of you. If not, I WILL!

<<< has been warned, and has no plans to make LBD homeless again. :oops:

gemgirl|1298133166|2855417 said:
Ande, that was an amazing story. I LOVED it!!! Your new ring is beautiful, and so is Miss Brownie. She looks very sweet and comfortable in her new home.

Thank you, I'm glad you're enjoying it. I see you think of it as a "Miss", but I got an email from Bob at WF asking me "His" name. Truth is, I don't know it's name or even gender, so I'm open to suggestions. What say you, PS? Gender? Name? :?: :?:

Yssie|1298151601|2855582 said:
Congrats!!

Amazing how the same setting w/ diamonds of the same shape and similar size can look - so very different!

It also struck me that most people would have done this the other way 'round - put Brownie in yg and the D in white 8) cute story though :bigsmile:

How will you ever decide which to wear?!

It seems you're not as fond of the contrast as I am? That's exactly what I like about these, the 'D' diamond in yellow and the browninsh in WG. As to which one to wear, this pic is exactly how I wear them.

BothWF-inMirror.jpg

There's a bit of a size difference due to my right hand ring finger having beeen broken at the knuckle a couple years ago, so they don't fit well if reversed. So the new one goes on the right hand, the old one on the left. :wavey:

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Oooo I love you Little Brown Diamond. Congrats to you and your mommy!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great story! I also think it would make a sweet children's book! I would be very curious to know the measurements of the brown diamond before the recut. I have a stone I might like to recut as well.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely fabulous rings. I would never have guessed your solution to getting a new home for your little brown diamond, but I love the new ring. One glance at the design, and I know its an Andelain. :))

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
Your creativity is amazing!!!! I love Brownie's story. She is simply stunning in her new white gold home.

Congrats on the "new" addition to your collection

:bigsmile:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1298172521|2855786 said:
Great story! I also think it would make a sweet children's book! I would be very curious to know the measurements of the brown diamond before the recut. I have a stone I might like to recut as well.

Thanks everyone! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

To answer your question, here's a couple links to when I got the stone recut, plus the before and after Sarin's. I'm really glad I got it done, the price was real reasonable.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-do-you-think-of-this-diamond.149984/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-do-you-think-of-this-diamond.149984/[/URL]
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/now-what-do-you-think-of-this-diamond.150720/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/now-what-do-you-think-of-this-diamond.150720/[/URL]

Sarin_Pre098-cropped.jpg
After-Sarin.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I just couldn't resist posting another pic. :bigsmile:

Here's my little brown friend outside on a dusty day. Not the dustiest day here by far, but visibilty was about 1/4 mile at best.
WFBDR-OutsideDustyDay.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh no it was just an observation ::)

Brownie is just so awfully cute!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Awww, I loved your story :praise:
Your brownie (new name maybe... or too expected? heehe) looks great in her new home, I like the idea of opposite but matching rings... pretty neat :sun:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love one on each hand like that!!!! Such signature pieces - enjoy!! :appl:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
athenaworth|1299013249|2862386 said:

Wow, cool! Thanks for showing me that. :wavey: :cheeky:

Would you believe that's the third time something of mine got shown in WF's news links? One previous time they ran an article about what not to buy for Valentine's Day, and my pendant was suggested as an alternative. That's here. http://www.whiteflash.com/about-diamonds/tips-and-advice/what-not-to-buy-your-wife-for-valentines-day-851.htm#

The other time that I know of they used my Eightstar diamond in a Vatche RC that they repaired to illustrate Vatche settings. That's right here. http://www.whiteflash.com/about-diamonds/diamond-education/vatche--king-of-the-ring-856.htm#

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Andelain,
what a fabulous post. I'm not a sentimental person, but you achieved the near impossible and brought a tear to my eye with LBD's story. Thank you so much for taking the time to share.

I'll never look at diamonds in quite the same way again and always be thinking about their stories too.

Brilliant

M

ETA: I hope LBD stays happily in her new home for many years and is constantly loved. She deserves it :appl:

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Andelain|1298168806|2855751 said:
Thank you, I'm glad you're enjoying it. I see you think of it as a "Miss", but I got an email from Bob at WF asking me "His" name. Truth is, I don't know it's name or even gender, so I'm open to suggestions. What say you, PS? Gender? Name? :?: :?:

Definately a "she"

How about Brunhilda? ('Brown'hilda) Its an old german name and means 'ready for battle'. Seems a bit appropriate given where you are and what you're doing, and also all the battles she has gone through to get to her lovely new home?

rubyprincess

Shiny_Rock
Those are wonderful matching ying/yang esquey rings. Andelain I have to say I am so awed by your collection of lovelies -- wow do you ever have great taste in stones.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
love it! great story and everything! :love: :appl:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Andelain - Seriously.... that has got to be made into a children's book. They can learn to appreciate diamonds! It's like the ugly duckling of diamond stories!

I LOVE your opposing color twins.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Thanks sarahbear, rubyprincess, MAC-W, and everyone! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

MAC-W, I like that name suggestion. I'll have to see how SHE like that name. :bigsmile:

dragonfly411|1299516204|2866637 said:
Andelain - Seriously.... that has got to be made into a children's book. They can learn to appreciate diamonds! It's like the ugly duckling of diamond stories!

I LOVE your opposing color twins.

Thanks, dragonfly! I never really thought of this story being anything more than amusement for mt fellow PS'ers, but a childrens book does seem like a neat idea. Do you or anyone have any idea where I'd begin to get this published? :?:

SilverFire

Rough_Rock
I love your idea of the opposite twins!

Little brown diamond is very beautiful now! :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results