shape
carat
color
clarity

NOW What Do You Think of This Diamond?

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
A few weeks ago I ran this thread showing the before and after IS and ASET images for this diamond, after Brian Gavin put the thing on a crash diet. He cut it down from .99ct to .80ct and it lost very little diameter, but it sure lost some weight off the crown!
Top4-oldstone-croppedforPS.jpg

I got it back, and had to loupe it to be sure I had the same stone. I knew the cut would be great, but had no idea what to expect the color to look like. Was I in for a surprise! My little brown diamond has more to it than I ever imagined. In some light when I expect it to look darker it looks almost colorless. In other light it looks honey or gold colored. At other times I swear it's greenish-grey. I took some pics, but can't get the color very well. Still, enjoy!

BGD-recut1.jpg

BGD-recut2.jpg

BGD-recut3.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Here's a couple more pics. The other 3 stones are .64, and close to half on the smaller 2. They don't have pedigrees, so I don't really know the color and clarity, although they're all high color.

BGD-recut4.jpg

BGD-recut5.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
What an interesting diamond andelain! It looks beautifully cut. What are you going to do with it?

bricklayer

Rough_Rock
That's pretty amazing! I guess that's a cognac or something? I think it would look neat with a thin halo around it.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
bricklayer said:
That's pretty amazing! I guess that's a cognac or something? I think it would look neat with a thin halo around it.

I'm not sure what the color would be called, but cognac works for me. I'm not even sure if it's completely off the alphabet anymore. It might be in the T-Z range, just brown instead of yellow. The green and gray overtones confuse me even more. Not that any of that matters, I just like the stone. I thin, very white halo would be really nice around this stone. Definitely something to consider if my Plan 'A' falls through.

starryeyed, I agree. Brian did a really nice job on this stone. It's not as perfect as my BGD signatures, but it sure sparkles now. I have plans to set in in white gold. I'll spill the rest of the details later, it's something totally crazy that only I could dream up. :bigsmile: :lol:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a difference! It's fabulous! :wavey:

bricklayer

Rough_Rock
i cannot wait to see what you come up with.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cut looks great...you've got quite a collection there!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I love the color! And the recut did amazing things for that stone. What a pretty diamond. A tiny, high-color halo would look great :appl: but of course I'm interested to hear more about what you're cooking up!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Andelain said:
starryeyed, I agree. Brian did a really nice job on this stone. It's not as perfect as my BGD signatures, but it sure sparkles now. I have plans to set in in white gold. I'll spill the rest of the details later, it's something totally crazy that only I could dream up. :bigsmile: :lol:
I can't wait! :love: :appl:

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I missed the original thread on this stone, would someone kindly link me? (It is a lovely stone, is it a chameleon?)

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
great recut!!!! it looks terrific :bigsmile:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
reader|1286821550|2734321 said:
I missed the original thread on this stone, would someone kindly link me? (It is a lovely stone, is it a chameleon?)

Reader, I just realized I never gave you the link you asked for. :oops:

Here you go. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-do-you-think-of-this-diamond.149984/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-do-you-think-of-this-diamond.149984/[/URL]

I don't think it's really a chameleon, but it might be. It sure acts like one at times. It can be gray, brown, greenish gray-brown, or even white if the mood strikes it.

Here's what I did with it. :bigsmile: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-custom-whiteflash-ring-is-here.156794/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-custom-whiteflash-ring-is-here.156794/[/URL]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results