shape
carat
color
clarity

Not cheaper by the dozen - mrs-b's new projects - watch this space!

tfc_diamondlvr

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Your earrings are EXACTLY what I envision the perfect pearl earring combo to be! I love the size of the pearls, the concept of a pear as the base and the added touch of the connecting diamonds.

So classic, and so thoughtful! I'm excited to see your other projects too!!!
Congrats!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my word! Love those beautiful earrings, great choices with your setting, really stunning mrs-b!! I have the 'wants' so bad for some W SSP earrings & strand, those are gorgeous!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @petite_singe - thank you! One more project today. (see below) :))

@DiaDiva - on old cut diamond? Oh my! :love: I've had to stop myself going down that path - I could imagine it being endless and addictive!!

@tfc_diamondlvr - thanks so much! I think, if anything, the pearls are slightly larger than the photos make them look. My lobes are large, and on average lobes, i think they'd look pretty substantial! I'm so glad you like them!

@sarahb - thank you so much for your kind words! I've wanted a 22" graduate hanadama pearl necklace for years now. I doubt it will ever happen. But I think it would be AWESOME!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So these were a bit of a detour. I was in DKJ and saw them - and buckled immediately and entirely. I was having a shockingly bad day, so my resistance was at an all time low - and when I spied these pearls - unset - in the display cabinet, I knew they had my name written all over them.

Golden South Sea pearls - somewhere between 10 and 11mm - I cant remember the exact size. I asked for them to be set in yellow gold, with jumbo backs.

DKJPV_0511_PE-1.jpg

Last edited:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both beautiful, I love golden pearls!!!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You are a roll, love your new Golden’s—they are lucious!!:love::love: Would love to see ear pics for sizing when you get them!

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
They are absolutely beautiful!! I love pearls!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are absolutely beautiful!! I love pearls!!

Me too. And these are the first golden SS pearls I've owned. I think they're glorious!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are beautiful, Mrs-b. I didn't see them in the case the last time I was there. Although, I had a hard time focusing on one particular thing since there is just so much to look at. Did you get them from DK or one of the pearl vendors in the building? They are gorgeous. I so understand, the bad day vulnerability. I am like that too. Who knows what would happen to me if I happened to be at a jewelry store, usually I am vulnerable to carbs. I think I would rather be at DK for a bad day, because afterwards I would have lovely new baubles instead of sore joints, LOL. Note to self: next horrible, no good, very bad day, run to DK.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok - next one....

I received these photos from Amy at DKJ last night. I already had the cushion diamonds (.61 and .62ct respectively - both E color, VS1 and SI2, both almost exactly 5mm each) set as studs. They were bezel set a while back and I always intended to get them jackets. But I never got around to it - until.... @DanDiAnDi put up a pair of WF jackets for sale! And then, the opportunity to have jackets made with WF melee was just too good to pass up!

So I bought them, sent them off to DKJ, and this is the result. I believe they're being mailed to me today, so I should have them tomorrow or Thursday. Another long-time list project finished - and with far better melee than I would have thought possible. YAY!

DKJPV_0507_SILVEREARRINGS-3933.jpg

DKJPV_0507_SILVEREARRINGS-3932.jpg DKJPV_0507_SILVEREARRINGS-3939.jpg

DKJPV_0507_SILVEREARRINGS-3931.jpg
Omg, these are PERFECTION!!!! I don’t like jackets where the center earrings pop out and the flush ness of this set is TDF.

Amazing.... keep ‘em coming!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took a few ear shots today. They all suck. But here they are for those who wanted them. The one of my profile is to try to give some real life perspective; my apologies for the fact that it's taken, basically, straight up my nose.

Perspective shot first to get this out of the way:

20180505_140005_resized.jpg

In the car with another BGD stud in my outer piercing:

20180505_142933_resized.jpg

I'm including this next one just so you can see where this sits on my ear:

20180505_140118_resized.jpg

And lastly - probably the best photo which gives the most accurate idea of how these look:

20180505_140152_resized.jpg
So so so pretty!!! LOVE the size of your pearls!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!! Love the golden glow. Hope they help you to feel better. You are such a nice person and you deserve some extra bling

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! those are simply BEAUTIFUL! love them, so darn unique...

Me too. And these are the first golden SS pearls I've owned. I think they're glorious!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b Your earrings are GORGEOUS!!! I'm a total sucker for SSPs! I can't wait to see the rest of the pieces, especially the upgraded 4ct ACA!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much, @arkieb1! I think they're luminescent. They almost look like brushed gold 24kt. Love them!

@sarahb - will do - tho I should warn you - my ear lobes are huge - so photos of earrings on my ears won't help you very much. Happy to take them tho. :))

Laughing here, @luv2sparkle! I think DKJ on a bad day is better for your waist but way worse for your wallet! It's a case of 'pick your poison', I suppose! Where in LA are you?

ETA - I got the pearls from DKJ.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ILikeShiny - I TOTALLY agree with you re raised center stones! I always ask for them to be aaaalmost flat. A teensy bit of raised gives a nice 3D look - but hate it when the center stones look like they're in the wrong earrings altogether!

@Acinom - that's so nice of you to say. And yes - I felt much better by the end of the day. I was shipping one of my dogs from LA to Boston - utterly nerve-wracking!!

Thanks, @Tekate! I agree - unique. I've wanted a pair of golden SS's for years, so this is really scratching an itch for me! I definitely see my wearing them with gold jewelry.

@CareBear - I spoke to WF today. Update post below. :D

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heard from WhiteFlash today. They sent me...this:

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3988988.htm

It's got a bunch of features I really love; 56.3% table, rather than 57+. Lower girdle % - 77. Ideally I would have loved 75, but 80 would have been a bit of a disappointment. So 77 is fine. And depth is 60.8, so I've got spread, rather than depth. The overall width is 10.3mm - and that's very good for a 4.01ct diamond. So all up, I'm VERY happy with where we landed.

Glamor photos tomorrow and it's being shipped straight to DKJ in the afternoon, arriving Wednesday. And then it's just a case of waiting for DKJ to get it into its setting! This is a temp setting, but it's a beautiful solitaire setting, so I'll be happy if my new diamond stays in it for some time.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can’t wait to see your amazing diamond in its setting! I am not in LA but about an hour outside, in SoCal. Close enough to get there but far enough to keep myself outside of serious trouble, LOL

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not all my projects are for me. These are for my niece. .50 ctw, 14 kt white gold, rhodium plated to go with her engagement and wedding rings. 8.35mm across.

DKJPV_0514_STEAR-1.jpg DKJPV_0514_STEAR-2.jpg DKJPV_0514_STEAR-3.jpg DKJPV_0514_STEAR-4.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So these were a bit of a detour. I was in DKJ and saw them - and buckled immediately and entirely. I was having a shockingly bad day, so my resistance was at an all time low - and when I spied these pearls - unset - in the display cabinet, I knew they had my name written all over them.

Golden South Sea pearls - somewhere between 10 and 11mm - I cant remember the exact size. I asked for them to be set in yellow gold, with jumbo backs.

DKJPV_0511_PE-1.jpg
They do look like gold! :appl:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They do look like gold! :appl:

Don't they tho? From a distance, especially, you could easily mistake them for brushed metal - they have such a sheen!

petite_singe

Shiny_Rock

DKJPV_0511_PE-1.jpg
@mrs-b, those golden south sea pearls are gorgeous and delicious! I can understand how you can't resist them. ;-)

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

It's got a bunch of features I really love; 56.3% table, rather than 57+. Lower girdle % - 77. Ideally I would have loved 75, but 80 would have been a bit of a disappointment. So 77 is fine. And depth is 60.8, so I've got spread, rather than depth. The overall width is 10.3mm - and that's very good for a 4.01ct diamond. So all up, I'm VERY happy with where we landed.

Glamor photos tomorrow and it's being shipped straight to DKJ in the afternoon, arriving Wednesday. And then it's just a case of waiting for DKJ to get it into its setting! This is a temp setting, but it's a beautiful solitaire setting, so I'll be happy if my new diamond stays in it for some time.
@mrs-b The new stone is absolutely DELISH!!! Only a .02mm deviation in the diameter and a 56.3/60.8 combo!!! :love::love::love: I cannot wait to see it in its setting!

JoJa12345

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I took a few ear shots today. They all suck. But here they are for those who wanted them. The one of my profile is to try to give some real life perspective; my apologies for the fact that it's taken, basically, straight up my nose.

Perspective shot first to get this out of the way:

20180505_140005_resized.jpg

In the car with another BGD stud in my outer piercing:

20180505_142933_resized.jpg

I'm including this next one just so you can see where this sits on my ear:

20180505_140118_resized.jpg

And lastly - probably the best photo which gives the most accurate idea of how these look:

20180505_140152_resized.jpg

I am not a pearl girl at all but these earrings make me REALLY want a pair of pearl earrings (exactly like this!!). Just stunning!! :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ACA looks absolutely, completely picture perfect :love:

What a perfect stone!!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, AAAAAMAZING!!! I was secretly hoping to catch a glimpse of your stunner when we were at WF but alas, it was a different 4 carat honker in the video/photo box!! Can't wait to see pics!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not all my projects are for me. These are for my niece. .50 ctw, 14 kt white gold, rhodium plated to go with her engagement and wedding rings. 8.35mm across.

DKJPV_0514_STEAR-1.jpg DKJPV_0514_STEAR-2.jpg DKJPV_0514_STEAR-3.jpg DKJPV_0514_STEAR-4.jpg

Love these and I'm sure she will, too!! So wearable!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received a photo of my new ACA from WF today, but it's not what I was hoping for. It's one of those hyper-lit photos, where all you can see is sparkle, and you don't really get any idea of the size or look of the stone. This is the sum total of the photos I received:

GLAM_4.016.jpg

It doesn't really give any real sense of the diamond, so I don't have anything to share except this and the link above. It's being shipped straight to DKJ this evening; I have no idea how long it will take to set, but I'm hoping not all that long.

ac117 - I would have LOVE it if you'd been able to see it! That would have been awesome!!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received a photo of my new ACA from WF today, but it's not what I was hoping for. It's one of those hyper-lit photos, where all you can see is sparkle, and you don't really get any idea of the size or look of the stone. This is the sum total of the photos I received:

GLAM_4.016.jpg

It doesn't really give any real sense of the diamond, so I don't have anything to share except this and the link above. It's being shipped straight to DKJ this evening; I have no idea how long it will take to set, but I'm hoping not all that long.

ac117 - I would have LOVE it if you'd been able to see it! That would have been awesome!!

Hubba hubba :love: I know it wasn't what you were expecting but she sureee is perrrtyyyy!!

I was actually confused bc I was convinced your stone was the custom cut 4.07 I VS1 they were videoing and they said was spoken for although I did remember you saying it was 4.01 but since I knew the original range was 4-4.07, I thought maybe I was mistaken?!? I mean, how many 4 carat I VS1 custom cut stones could there be?!?! Well apparently, I was mistaken!! :lol:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ac117 - was either Brittany or Vera there? I can ask them if my diamond was at the get-together. Because I'm with you - how many I VS1 custom cut diamonds can there possibly be??

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results