shape
carat
color
clarity

Not cheaper by the dozen - mrs-b's new projects - watch this space!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow @mrs-b you have exquisite taste. Those pearls with their diamond tops are amazing. Can’t wait to see the rest of the projects!:appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Veeerrryyyyy nice!!

cheers--Sharon

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
How fabulous! Can’t wait to see what else you have in store! If those earrings are any indication, you are creating heirloom pieces!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lissyflo - you're too kind!

@bright ice - I really think so, too! This was the best way possible to use them.

@dkata - I hope I can make it worth your while!

Thanks, @Rubybrick - that's a fine line to walk and it took a couple of tries to get it right. I think I'm there now, tho!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kayla17 - oh, I feel your pain! Letting them go - even temporarily - is horrible! I'm sure, tho, that it will be worth the wait! Can't wait to see your new projects! DKJ will be setting my new ACA in a couple of weeks also - so I'll be looking at yours as an indication of how beautiful it can be!

@Catmom - I saw your contribution to the 'favorite 5 pieces' thread. They were the 5 I would have chosen, too. Tho I have to agree...your dragonfly pin...oh man.... I'm currently doing a diamond brooch. It's just a plain bar because I want to wear it on the lapel of my winter coats. Have I ever told you I have a thing for dragonflies? I used to have an enamel pin of a dragonfly - loved it! Thanks for your kind comments about my collection; I'll be very glad to finally arrive!

@diamondseeker2006 - you agree that it's an improvement? I really think it is. The long, plain shepherd's hook wasn't sufficiently cohesive before, in my opinion. And they were just too long; long, with a big blob on the end. I figured I could do better. :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rpb - thank you! I think every jewelry collection needs a pair of pearl drops. There are so many things they go with - and so many things where only a pearl's soft luster really works.

@Mcgregor - I'm so glad you like them!! When all my projects are done, perhaps you and your DD could come to a get-together? And I want to see your new ring IN PERSON!! :love:

Thanks, @luv2sparkle - me neither!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lookinagain - in all seriousness, it's kind of exhausting! I think you and I are at the top of the leaderboard for new projects - and - don't you find this to be the case? It's exciting, and wonderful, and thrilling - but planning each piece, waiting waiting waiting - then each piece arriving - is a bit like running a marathon! We HAVE to get-together soon!

@kathley - thank you so much; your comment made me smile. As my husband would say "straight, fair, and to the point!" :))

hi @sarahb :wavey: I will probably receive them on Tuesday, 10.30am. Photoshoot on Tuesday, 10.31am!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ac117 - I'm so glad you like them! You're one of the PS'ers who has been with me on all the stages of my crazy journey to have the jewelry collection of my dreams. Your company is much appreciated. :))

hi @JDDN - I really was trying for a little geometrical interest, so it's wonderful that you picked up on that! And I'm very pleased that you like them! I was after something just a liiiittle more interesting than the average pearl drops. I think I hit it!

@Octo2005 - it will be probably 2 months till I have everything, but it should be a fun ride between now and then!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Bonfire! I had the silliest mental picture of the pup in your avatar with its jaw on the floor! I'm glad you like them and am only hoping my (normally horrible) photos can do them some sort of justice next week! I'll do my best!

@Luce - I think this is going to be a pretty interesting thread! Will enjoy having your company along the way. :))

Hi @Maggiemeans - the bottom part was the same. The only thing that has changed was the removal of the shepherd's hook (plus its long stem) and the addition of the pear diamonds. They're probably shorter now by about half an inch - but it looks like I've shortened them much more than I have, since the stem was plain and straight and ran right up to the hole in my ear. I'm glad you like them!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @Alex T! And I love your 5 favorite things! I have loved your pearl and diamond cluster ring for-e-ver! It was wonderful seeing a few of your things all in the one shot! Bella!

@yssie - I have a big head, large lobes, and an equally large personality. My friends joke that I am a force of nature (I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this, but I've learnt to roll with it). So dainty earrings are wasted on me. And at 57, I figure I've earned it!

Thank you, @foxinsox - that's one of my favorite compliments re jewelry. Classy would be the other one. I'd like to think I've hit both those things with this pair. :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal - you're definitely in a place to know - your collection is exquisite. I loved seeing your sapphire and diamond ring today on the 5 favorite pieces thread - and I'm sorry 2016 was such a horrible year. But if anything was ever going to put a smile on your face, it would be that ring! Would you consider starting a thread on it? Wear it in joy and good health!

Hi @yennyfire :wavey: That's *exactly* what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to make the most beautiful pieces I can, within the budget I've got. I made a list yeeeeears ago of all the pieces I wanted, and it has changed surprisingly little over the years. The pieces that have been 'false starts' tend to be the ones where I've deviated from the list. I could go on buying jewelry indefinitely, but I do think the completion of this list will be the completion of my collection.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And in the spirit of completing projects - I wanted to share that I just got the stats from WF on my custom cut ACA. I was guaranteed 4.00 - 4.07, I VS2. It came in at 4.016, I VS1! I am so pleased about that extra step up in clarity! I reeeeally didn't want to see anything in the stone, and this is just an extra guarantee.

I have taken a leaf out of @diamondseeker2006's book re clarity; it's just a touch of luxury and extra 'jam' on my ACA bread! :mrgreen:

(and now I'm going to go stand under the cone of silence and scream excitedly like a 5 year old at Christmas!)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow! That is SO wonderful, MrsB!!!!!!:appl::appl::appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, thank you, my friend! The feeling is quite mutual! {{{hugs}}}

I can't wait to see the new diamond set!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I CAN'T wait to see it. And we definitely need to get together. But let's do it once your gorgeous new ring arrives. I have to see it!

@Lookinagain - in all seriousness, it's kind of exhausting! I think you and I are at the top of the leaderboard for new projects - and - don't you find this to be the case? It's exciting, and wonderful, and thrilling - but planning each piece, waiting waiting waiting - then each piece arriving - is a bit like running a marathon! We HAVE to get-together soon!

@mrs-b we might be somewhat equal in number of projects but yours are larger than life and mine are pretty humble. And I'm a sequential project person. You take on many at once. My mind would be spinning. I am anxious enough when each of my small projects is "in the works" not knowing if my vision will really be what I want or look right once it is real. I can't imagine what you must feel. But each of your projects that I have followed have turned out fabulously. You never seem to miss the mark.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The earrings are beautiful, would love to see ear shots when you get them! How exciting to have multiple projects getting done, can’t walk to see what else you have coming!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deeee-lish!!!! Congratulations @mrs-b They are a triumph!! Well done. :appl::wavey:

Can’t wait to see what is next!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And in the spirit of completing projects - I wanted to share that I just got the stats from WF on my custom cut ACA. I was guaranteed 4.00 - 4.07, I VS2. It came in at 4.016, I VS1! I am so pleased about that extra step up in clarity! I reeeeally didn't want to see anything in the stone, and this is just an extra guarantee.

I have taken a leaf out of @diamondseeker2006's book re clarity; it's just a touch of luxury and extra 'jam' on my ACA bread! :mrgreen:

(and now I'm going to go stand under the cone of silence and scream excitedly like a 5 year old at Christmas!)

SOOOOOOOOOO excitinggggg!!!! I'm doing a little dance for you over here!!! I love how we could all share in each other's joy even if we've never met!!! :dance::dance::dance:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
... This pair is a re-set to adjust for length and to add some bling to the top of the earring; I wasn't fond of the long, plain, bare metal - then all the bling at the bottom. But now they're exactly what I wanted and will become a forever...
. You are spot on about having the bling all at the bottom. The reset is a much more balanced look with the full roundness of the pearl.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I CAN'T wait to see it. And we definitely need to get together. But let's do it once your gorgeous new ring arrives. I have to see it!

@mrs-b we might be somewhat equal in number of projects but yours are larger than life and mine are pretty humble. And I'm a sequential project person. You take on many at once. My mind would be spinning. I am anxious enough when each of my small projects is "in the works" not knowing if my vision will really be what I want or look right once it is real. I can't imagine what you must feel. But each of your projects that I have followed have turned out fabulously. You never seem to miss the mark.

I do hear you on this. To be honest, I've found this all pretty stressful. A few things have made it bearable - mostly that I've been planning most of these projects for, literally, years. I had all the diamonds and so forth, and it was mainly a case of just having them all put together.

The other thing that helps immeasurably is having access to David and Amy in LA. Being able to sit down in person and go over all the details removes that whole "I wonder if what I'm saying makes sense and if the picture they see is the one I'm trying to paint" problem. I think at this point, too, we've done a bunch of projects together, and they know the sort of thing I like and also what my hot-button issues are.

From my perspective it seems I often miss the mark. But I'm happy enough with a success rate of around 50%. I can picture things pretty well, but the difference things like halo width, for example, make to a ring is HUGE, and I'm just not sure of specific widths. Sometimes I get the proportions wrong - which is, i think, the most difficult part - and sometimes I'm just plain 'off'. But it makes it a lot easier when you have a great jeweler who is prepared to melt it down and start again without making you feel guilty or inconvenient.

Anyway, I'll give you a yell when the new ACA ring is done. I hope both of us love it!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @alene! Will definitely post ear shots when the earrings arrive. <sigh> Ear shots. The worst thing about new earrings!

That's lovely of you to say, @LLJsmom. :)) I do feel as though this is one of my better pieces. And unusual, too. I really like pieces that are a tad outside the norm.

@ac117 - it's lovely of you to join in on this. I think it takes a particularly generous person to see the world through another's eyes. :wavey:

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, gorgeous and very elegant ear rings Mrs-b. I can’t wait to see your other completed pieces.
Congratulations on a very happy ending on the ACA custom cut, I would be doing happy dance too!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So excited about your ACA!! What kind of setting are you planning for it?

And it must be great to have direct access to David Klass and Amy! I have worked several times with David and his service is great. It all were long distance projects though. What are they like in real life? They seem like PS celebrities.

I admire you for having 12 projects in the works. I never did more than 3 at the same time. I love it to actually sit down with a jeweller to discuss a new jewelry piece.

Love this thread!!!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Those are lovely. I’m curious what that size looks like on the ear too and would love to see photos. It’s going rob be fun watching this thread evolve with all of your pieces. I especially can’t wait to see your new cut ACA. You are WINNING!!!!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news on your ACA--can't wait to see it set!:appl:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kayla17 - oh, I feel your pain! Letting them go - even temporarily - is horrible! I'm sure, tho, that it will be worth the wait! Can't wait to see your new projects! DKJ will be setting my new ACA in a couple of weeks also - so I'll be looking at yours as an indication of how beautiful it can be!

@Catmom - I saw your contribution to the 'favorite 5 pieces' thread. They were the 5 I would have chosen, too. Tho I have to agree...your dragonfly pin...oh man.... I'm currently doing a diamond brooch. It's just a plain bar because I want to wear it on the lapel of my winter coats. Have I ever told you I have a thing for dragonflies? I used to have an enamel pin of a dragonfly - loved it! Thanks for your kind comments about my collection; I'll be very glad to finally arrive!

@diamondseeker2006 - you agree that it's an improvement? I really think it is. The long, plain shepherd's hook wasn't sufficiently cohesive before, in my opinion. And they were just too long; long, with a big blob on the end. I figured I could do better. :))

Thank you mrs-b, it seems I have a thing for dragonflies myself. Have you seen my opal, tsavorite and ruby dragonfly pin? :P2 I can't wait to see your diamond brooch. Another that I will be anxiously awaiting.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Catmom - I am totally with you on pins.

For me, I think pendants - unless pretty carefully chosen and matched with what I'm wearing - can just make me look busty. I have a few pendants I enjoy wearing - but I love the way it visually changes your shape to emphasize clavicle rather than neck-->bust line. I think it's a very elegant look. I'm not sure if you've seen any of my pins - or even if I've posted them. So here's a shot of my favorite. :))

It's 18kt rose gold. I'm not entirely sure of the dimensions of the stones, but I know the diamond is an H colored, half ct, OEC - very pretty. The tourmaline is Afghanistani, and I think 1.78ct? I bought it in person from Richard Wise. DH and I spent a lovely hour one weekend sitting in his office going through all his things. Beautifully cut and a gorgeous color in real life! And the one at the top absolutely escapes me! Topaz maybe? Cut by Peter Torraca, I believe. I need to get a rose gold stopper made for it, but I'm blowed if I can find someone these days who will make a stopper for a pin!! This pin is perfect for fall.

Of all your pins, I think my favorite is the butterfly! That graduation and that BLUE! Oh my!! Super classy. Can you imagine it on a bright white linen shirt? Oh, HELLO!

IMG_2305.jpg

IMG_2310.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2310.JPG
    IMG_2310.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 18

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Catmom -

Citrine! It's a citrine!

Felt like I was losing my mind there for a sec. No idea on the size - 2.5ct maybe? And yes, definitely cut by PT.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results