shape
carat
color
clarity

Not cheaper by the dozen - mrs-b's new projects - watch this space!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The earrings are just gorgeous! I really love the design and the size relation of pearl to diamond. They really turned out well.

Happy for you too regarding the ACA - I love VS1 clarity too. It is decadent and not always necessary but the crispness it adds is just beautiful! Will be waiting to see your pictures!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sparkles88 - there has been plenty of dancing going on in this house today! :mrgreen:

@Acinom - David and Amy are the loveliest people you could ever hope to meet. They are genuinely committed to their clients getting what they want. They're witty and warm and generous - everything you could hope for in people. Love them both!

As for my ACA - I'm going to do a plain, two-tone soli initially, with a view to going a little (not a lot) more glam in the future. Mostly, tho, since it's a largish stone, I want something I can still wear on a day to day basis. So I'm keeping it simple for now.

@hathalove - too funny! I've never thought of myself as 'winning' before! I'm about to add some ear shots - all of them hopeless - but there you go. :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi @m-2-b - for the moment, I'm just happy to know it's been cut, to be honest! Once WF got back to me with the stats, I breathed a huge sigh of relief! I'm hoping DKJ have it next week and after that it gets reeeeeally exciting!

@MissGotRocks - that's it exactly! 'Crispness'. Especially in larger stones, as you know. At this point I'm crossing my fingers about where on the I color spectrum it sits. And holding my breath....!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took a few ear shots today. They all suck. But here they are for those who wanted them. The one of my profile is to try to give some real life perspective; my apologies for the fact that it's taken, basically, straight up my nose.

Perspective shot first to get this out of the way:

20180505_140005_resized.jpg

In the car with another BGD stud in my outer piercing:

20180505_142933_resized.jpg

I'm including this next one just so you can see where this sits on my ear:

20180505_140118_resized.jpg

And lastly - probably the best photo which gives the most accurate idea of how these look:

20180505_140152_resized.jpg

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I took a few ear shots today. They all suck. But here they are for those who wanted them. The one of my profile is to try to give some real life perspective; my apologies for the fact that it's taken, basically, straight up my nose.

And lastly - probably the best photo which gives the most accurate idea of how these look:

These are everything pearl drop earrings should be. So elegant and polished. Love love love.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are just stunning on the ear - pure perfection!

EarlyBirdAsscher

Rough_Rock
They really are sublime! The cut quality on the diamond trio really stands out and the proportions look perfect.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! @mrs-b those earrings look amazing on you! I had David and Amy re-work a pair of heart shaped earrings for me, and, like you, I am so happy I did. I had wanted to to it literally since I bought them. They changed them from studs to lever backs. Now, I just can't stop thinking of all the things I want him to make fabulous for me.
Your earrings are perfect in every way!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am so excited for you with regard to these gorgeous earrings and your custom cut stats as well! :love::love: Bravo, @mrs-b!! I must say, you are setting the bar high for the rest of us! (And just for the record, IRL I am also a "Mrs. B." so in addition to being "jewelry sisters" I have a particular affinity for you! :D)

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I gather you live in LA, which means I really want to come play in your jewelry box :D

Those earrings are divine and omg that ACA is going to be stunning. I just went to WFs page to dream up a 4ct diamond. My wife would kill me, so it’s not gonna happen. But a girl can dream...

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, mrs-b, your earrings are stunning on you and I absolutely love them! Actually, I really love pearls in general, but those earrings have taken pearl earrings to a new level! The workmanship really looks perfect as well.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I gather you live in LA, which means I really want to come play in your jewelry box :D

Those earrings are divine and omg that ACA is going to be stunning. I just went to WFs page to dream up a 4ct diamond. My wife would kill me, so it’s not gonna happen. But a girl can dream...

@HappyNewLife -

I split my time between LA and Boston. If you like, we can meet up at David Klass Jewelry in LA when I'm next there and have a play in David and Amy's store! :))

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ooh! They look fantastic on you!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Catmom - I am totally with you on pins.

For me, I think pendants - unless pretty carefully chosen and matched with what I'm wearing - can just make me look busty. I have a few pendants I enjoy wearing - but I love the way it visually changes your shape to emphasize clavicle rather than neck-->bust line. I think it's a very elegant look. I'm not sure if you've seen any of my pins - or even if I've posted them. So here's a shot of my favorite. :))

It's 18kt rose gold. I'm not entirely sure of the dimensions of the stones, but I know the diamond is an H colored, half ct, OEC - very pretty. The tourmaline is Afghanistani, and I think 1.78ct? I bought it in person from Richard Wise. DH and I spent a lovely hour one weekend sitting in his office going through all his things. Beautifully cut and a gorgeous color in real life! And the one at the top absolutely escapes me! Topaz maybe? Cut by Peter Torraca, I believe. I need to get a rose gold stopper made for it, but I'm blowed if I can find someone these days who will make a stopper for a pin!! This pin is perfect for fall.

Of all your pins, I think my favorite is the butterfly! That graduation and that BLUE! Oh my!! Super classy. Can you imagine it on a bright white linen shirt? Oh, HELLO!

IMG_2305.jpg

IMG_2310.JPG

Well, first, I love how your earrings look on you. Just perfect!

I love your pin! The color combination is wonderful and I like that it is rose gold. I do believe that you have been holding out on sharing your pins/brooches. Taps foot.............

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

So pretty, mrs-b! And the earrings are nice, too.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PERFECT.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@HappyNewLife -

I split my time between LA and Boston. If you like, we can meet up at David Klass Jewelry in LA when I'm next there and have a play in David and Amy's store! :))

twist my arm :P2

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@leukolenos - Thank you so much! I can find pearls to be a bit frumpy. So I tried hard to get something contemporary but classic.

Awww - thanks so much, @MissGotRocks! Blushing here! :wavey:

@EarlyBirdAsscher - the first time I saw these earrings on, I was walking towards a mirror. From a good 15ft away I saw them flash. BGD diamonds really are all that and a bag of chips!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@luv2sparkle - have we seen the heart drops? And I hear you re the endless list of 'things to make fabulous'! That list has no limit!

@carbonfan - hallo fellow Mrs B! I'm looking forward to finishing all my projects and fixing years of 'getting it wrong'. It's a RELIEF when something not-so-great becomes something satisfying.

Hi @kathley! The workmanship is truly lovely, but I need to acknowledge BGD here. They set the original drops, so everything below the pear is their work. I love pearls, too - but I find that to keep them contemporary and modern looking takes a fair bit of thought. Otherwise, I can tend to end up looking like the queen mother! Not the look I am, in general, going for!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much, @alene! :wavey:

Thanks, @Catmom! My pin collection is pretty modest. You've now seen the best one. But I will definitely post my diamond bar brooch when it's done. I'm guessing it will be another month, but I'm SO looking forward to it! I've wanted a substantial diamond brooch / pin for many years.

Lol - thank you, @TweetyBird23!

@LLJsmom - I look at your collection and I think if YOU think it's lovely, then it must be! :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok - next one....

I received these photos from Amy at DKJ last night. I already had the cushion diamonds (.61 and .62ct respectively - both E color, VS1 and SI2, both almost exactly 5mm each) set as studs. They were bezel set a while back and I always intended to get them jackets. But I never got around to it - until.... @DanDiAnDi put up a pair of WF jackets for sale! And then, the opportunity to have jackets made with WF melee was just too good to pass up!

So I bought them, sent them off to DKJ, and this is the result. I believe they're being mailed to me today, so I should have them tomorrow or Thursday. Another long-time list project finished - and with far better melee than I would have thought possible. YAY!

DKJPV_0507_SILVEREARRINGS-3933.jpg

DKJPV_0507_SILVEREARRINGS-3932.jpg DKJPV_0507_SILVEREARRINGS-3939.jpg

DKJPV_0507_SILVEREARRINGS-3931.jpg

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok - next one....

I received these photos from Amy at DKJ last night. I already had the cushion diamonds (.61 and .62ct respectively - both E color, VS1 and SI2, both almost exactly 5mm each) set as studs. They were bezel set a while back and I always intended to get them jackets. But I never got around to it - until.... @DanDiAnDi put up a pair of WF jackets for sale! And then, the opportunity to have jackets made with WF melee was just too good to pass up!

So I bought them, sent them off to DKJ, and this is the result. I believe they're being mailed to me today, so I should have them tomorrow or Thursday. Another long-time list project finished - and with far better melee than I would have thought possible. YAY!

DKJPV_0507_SILVEREARRINGS-3933.jpg

DKJPV_0507_SILVEREARRINGS-3932.jpg DKJPV_0507_SILVEREARRINGS-3939.jpg

DKJPV_0507_SILVEREARRINGS-3931.jpg

Loooove!!! :love: Fantastic fit!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gosh they look beautiful! Love the hearts too!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Me luvs!! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b, the before can be seen in the show me your costco thread. They did not have the stone above the heart. They were studs. BD46121C-03F6-4F3E-98F2-E7B9534F627E.jpeg 1BD1E365-03A9-4604-A19D-BC9564D49EAC.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For anyone who is interested - I believe the melee in the jackets is made up of 2 pt stones, ergo .56 ctw. Combined with the studs, they're 1.8 ctw. and are my every-day studs. They're about 9mm across, so not huge but still noticeable. A very wearable pair of earrings. And if I want something subtle, of course, I can always wear them without the jackets.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see this threat being completely addictive @mrs-b

It's like Christmas: you open a present & get super excited, only to find there's an even better present immediately after! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results