shape
carat
color
clarity

Not cheaper by the dozen - mrs-b's new projects - watch this space!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ohhhhhhh those cushion earrings. TDF

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cushion earrings are both beautiful and versatile - dress them up with the jackets or wear them naked - lol! They are truly beautiful though - another great addition!!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, those cushion earrings are blindingly beautiful! :love::love: I cannot wait to see ear shots!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!! They are beyond gorgeous, I just love how they turned out!! :love::love:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just now seeing these gorgeous earrings! Beautiful! Love the jackets!!!!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
I took a few ear shots today. They all suck. But here they are for those who wanted them. The one of my profile is to try to give some real life perspective; my apologies for the fact that it's taken, basically, straight up my nose.

Perspective shot first to get this out of the way:

20180505_140005_resized.jpg

In the car with another BGD stud in my outer piercing:

20180505_142933_resized.jpg

I'm including this next one just so you can see where this sits on my ear:

20180505_140118_resized.jpg

And lastly - probably the best photo which gives the most accurate idea of how these look:

20180505_140152_resized.jpg

Love these earrrings! You look fabulous!

twang07

Shiny_Rock
Man those stud+jackets :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those cushion studs and jackets are to die for! They are perfect in every way and absolutely seamless. That is amazing.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
checking back. Now whatchoo got to share with the class? :razz:

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes waiting with anticipation to see the next completed piece!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mrs B you are such a nice, cool, normal lady.. your new rehabs and stones are perfect. I can't wait for all to be done.

❤❤❤❤❤❤

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
Love those pearls!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahh... the cushions are glorious :lickout::love:
Wonderfully different from the pearls!

So tell us, have you already commissioned the extra pairs of ears, wrists, fingers, and whatever other appendages you'll be needing to host your twelve new treasures?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahh... the cushions are glorious :lickout::love:
Wonderfully different from the pearls!

So tell us, have you already commissioned the extra pairs of ears, wrists, fingers, and whatever other appendages you'll be needing to host your twelve new treasures?

This is what friends are for! :)) Also nieces and god-daughters, I have it on the best of authority!

I planned out my collection in a very specific way. It centers around the three metal colors - yellow, white and rose.

I wanted a casual set of plain metal earrings, a plain metal wedding ring, a pendant and a bangle - all without diamonds - in each of the three metal colors.

Next step was to do 3 narrow diamond bands, in the three colors, so I would have one to add to each plain band to glitz up a little. I also did casual diamond earrings - not too large and suitable for every day wear, also in each of the three metals.

I added one pave diamond bangle, which can be worn with any of the three metals.

Lastly is the blinged out diamond earrings (I wanted two pairs - in white and yellow - and dropped off the rose gold iteration at this point), and three larger diamond rings - one, again, in each metal.

So I have a low maintenance and daily wear set in each of the three colors, then 3 slightly dressier sets, then 3 more formal sets. To that I've added large SS pearl studs for daily wear, a pearl bracelet, a long pearl necklace, and pearl and diamond drops - so I can do the whole thing with pearls, also.

So that's the method to my madness! I am a triumph for OCD sufferers everywhere!

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl:
I couldn't find the swoon emoji, so I thought a standing ovation would do. I can't wait to see this magnificent collection and I totally get the method to the madness and I am jeolous:mrgreen:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You need to rename this The Thread That Keeps On Giving!

Love the new additions, the logic to your collection (I’d LOVE the budget to do something similar) and can’t wait for the next reveal!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @ac117 :wavey: It hurt to spend the money to make such a small tweak - but the improvement is noticeable, and at this point in my life I want it all to be perfect.

@meely - thank you! I like the hearts, also. :))

@canuk-gal - me too! :bigsmile:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @HappyNewLife! :wavey:

I love versatile, @MissGotRocks. It's like 2 for the price of one, and both are looks I'll enjoy wearing. :bigsmile:

@carbonfan - thank you! I'll post ear shots (sigh - hate doing ear shots!) when they arrive. I had thought they might come today, but it's also DKJ are posting them to me with the next project, so we'll see!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DanDiAnDi - I credit you with this project! I never thought I'd have jackets made from ACA melee! Very, very pleased with how this all turned out! Thank you!!

Thanks, @ceg :) Love your new ring, too! How are you enjoying your new dahlia? One of the loveliest rings on PS, without a doubt.

@DiaDiva - you are too kind. Thank you! At 57, I've abandoned all pretension to good looks! Love your new earrings, btw. As soon as I saw them I started wondering....could they possibly be done in platinum....with pave?? :D

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laughing here...thank you, @twang07!

@luv2sparkle - I know, right?! The fit is gorgeous - you'd never guess they were jackets if you weren't told! When I first saw them I thought "um...they did remember these were meant to be removable...didn't they??" Love them!

@Tekate - thank you so much :)) I'm looking forward to them all being done, also - but mainly so I can be finished! And thank you for the warm words. :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lorrissey - thank you! They're a bit of a dream come true. :sleep:

hi @Octo2005 :wavey: Thank you for the standing 0. :)) It will be deeply satisfying to have all the iterations I've wanted for so long!

@lissyflo - come on over! You'd be more than welcome to play with my jewelry!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@HappyNewLife and @meely - you are relentless!! I'm not sure when the next piece will come - but be assured, I will post it here FIRST!! :wavey: :wavey:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is what friends are for! :)) Also nieces and god-daughters, I have it on the best of authority!

I planned out my collection in a very specific way. It centers around the three metal colors - yellow, white and rose.

I wanted a casual set of plain metal earrings, a plain metal wedding ring, a pendant and a bangle - all without diamonds - in each of the three metal colors.

Next step was to do 3 narrow diamond bands, in the three colors, so I would have one to add to each plain band to glitz up a little. I also did casual diamond earrings - not too large and suitable for every day wear, also in each of the three metals.

I added one pave diamond bangle, which can be worn with any of the three metals.

Lastly is the blinged out diamond earrings (I wanted two pairs - in white and yellow - and dropped off the rose gold iteration at this point), and three larger diamond rings - one, again, in each metal.

So I have a low maintenance and daily wear set in each of the three colors, then 3 slightly dressier sets, then 3 more formal sets. To that I've added large SS pearl studs for daily wear, a pearl bracelet, a long pearl necklace, and pearl and diamond drops - so I can do the whole thing with pearls, also.

So that's the method to my madness! I am a triumph for OCD sufferers everywhere!
You are certainly an inspiration to those looking to curtail impulse-shopping :mrgreen2::appl:

One every-day, low-maintenance set, one dressier set, one formal set in each colour... very equitable, very evenly-distributed, and rather curious ::)

I personally tend to prefer white metal earrings, RG bracelets, white/yellow rings... a white metal bangle in my jewellery box wouldn't get nearly as much use as a RG bangle. I think you and I are different in this respect though - it sounds like your preference is to not mix metals? How do you choose your daily/event metal? :sun:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are certainly an inspiration to those looking to curtail impulse-shopping :mrgreen2::appl:

One every-day, low-maintenance set, one dressier set, one formal set in each colour... very equitable, very evenly-distributed, and rather curious ::)

I personally tend to prefer white metal earrings, RG bracelets, white/yellow rings... a white metal bangle in my jewellery box wouldn't get nearly as much use as a RG bangle. I think you and I are different in this respect though - it sounds like your preference is to not mix metals? How do you choose your daily/event metal? :sun:

It's curious - I've spoken often about this set of projects finishing off my list, and people have said "Oh no - you'll keep buying jewelry!" But I won't. I always have a list - for any project. When I get to the end, I'm done. Otherwise, it's just gratuitous and, for me, can't be justified. And - let's face it - this is a LOT of high quality jewelry; it's not like I'm denying myself anything. And I like feeling like I've reached my goal and it will sit well with me to be able to say "I have bought all the jewelry I want."

I never mix my metals unless it's in an intentional way. I'll wear my three bangles together, or any of my bangles alone with the diamond bangle. But the diamond bangle is mostly just diamonds, so goes with everything anyway and is more like an emphasis. I'll wear a white bangle and a yellow bangle with a yellow gold ring with a platinum head. But yellow is dominant to white, to the eye, so anything else I add (necklaces, earrings) will be yellow, not white. And the world will rotate in a different direction before I wear yellow gold earrings and a rose gold necklace. 'Contrast' - great! 'Just slightly different' - <shudder>.

I pick which set on the basis of what color I'm wearing. Cooler tones - platinum. Warmer tones - yellow gold. Earth tones - rose.

But as often as not I'll just do what I'm doing today; a ring in the ultrasonic rather than on my hand, diamond earring in my outer piercing, one pearl earring next to it, and the other somewhere around the house wherever I was when I took it off when I was talking on the phone. :mrgreen:

petite_singe

Shiny_Rock
Wow Mrs-b, both earrings are so gorgeous. :kiss2::kiss2: Im a huge fan of pearl earrings!

Look forward to seeing more of your projects!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's curious - I've spoken often about this set of projects finishing off my list, and people have said "Oh no - you'll keep buying jewelry!" But I won't. I always have a list - for any project. When I get to the end, I'm done. Otherwise, it's just gratuitous and, for me, can't be justified. And - let's face it - this is a LOT of high quality jewelry; it's not like I'm denying myself anything. And I like feeling like I've reached my goal and it will sit well with me to be able to say "I have bought all the jewelry I want."
For someone whose pleasure comes from having a thoughtfully-curated, meaningful set of finished pieces - I can certainly understand being done once that collection has been completed.

I also think most people have a finite limit to what they're willing to spend on luxuries. That limit might change over time, but when it's reached, whatever it is at any given time... anything more would bring more discomfort than satisfaction.

It sounds like you've both figured out what you want in your collection and figured out what you're comfortable spending to achieve it - I admire that! I can't wait to see the full wardrobe when you're done :mrgreen2::cool2::kiss2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
'Contrast' - great! 'Just slightly different' - <shudder>.
Oh, we are on the same page my friend! Slight differences - noticeable, but obviously not deliberate... :eek-2::lol:

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
@DanDiAnDi - I credit you with this project! I never thought I'd have jackets made from ACA melee! Very, very pleased with how this all turned out! Thank you!!

Thanks, @ceg :) Love your new ring, too! How are you enjoying your new dahlia? One of the loveliest rings on PS, without a doubt.

@DiaDiva - you are too kind. Thank you! At 57, I've abandoned all pretension to good looks! Love your new earrings, btw. As soon as I saw them I started wondering....could they possibly be done in platinum....with pave?? :D

Mrs B, so long as we feel good and we're healthy, all is well. I love how you are creating all these "new" pieces. I've stopped doing this after I left India, it was way more affordable there. I'm also less "obsessed" if that's possible on a diamond forum. Hahaha.

Can't wait to see the completed pieces. Meanwhile, I'm living vicariously through you. Maybe next year for my 5-0 I'll get my holy grail, an old cut diamond....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results