clarity

New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answers

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

packrat|1291315147|2785278 said:
I'm getting multiple emails again every time someone posts in a thread I've posted in. I used to just get a topic notification, then I was getting emails for every single post, then it was back to the single topic notification, now it's back to an email for every post. Is there a way to fix this? I'd really dislike to end up having 850 emails in my inbox to slog thru every morning.

Some how your setting was set to automatically send email to you for every response to your posts.

I changed it so hopefully it will stop. Also you may want to check your subscriptions.

Let me know if it does not clear up.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

PS Admin|1291386777|2786192 said:
I'm getting multiple emails again every time someone posts in a thread I've posted in. I used to just get a topic notification, then I was getting emails for every single post, then it was back to the single topic notification, now it's back to an email for every post. Is there a way to fix this? I'd really dislike to end up having 850 emails in my inbox to slog thru every morning.

Some how your setting was set to automatically send email to you for every response to your posts.

I changed it so hopefully it will stop. Also you may want to check your subscriptions.

Thanks Andrey. Was gone for a couple hours this am and had a bunch when I got back just now but I'll keep an eye on it this afternoon and let you know if it's changed.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

Is this true?

Agreed, PS search is flawed, it links to WFs Expert selection as hearts and arrows where in fact they are not. They are usually jjust "arrows" without proper "hearts".

If PS searches are incorrectly pulling up Whiteflash Expert selection stones as if they are H&As ... that seems like a pretty big problem to me. And one that should be sorted quickly to avoid the perception of any intentional misdirection.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

packrat|1291403022|2786467 said:

Thanks Andrey. Was gone for a couple hours this am and had a bunch when I got back just now but I'll keep an eye on it this afternoon and let you know if it's changed.

K, it's still not working Andrey!

lulu

Ideal_Rock

Hey,it turns out I was subscribed to Kenny. I unsubscribed and hopefully that will fix it. Thanks.

the glitterati

Rough_Rock

Hi, I am not a trade person and not sure why this is suddenly on my profile. Please help! ;-)

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

the glitterati|1291669685|2789100 said:
Hi, I am not a trade person and not sure why this is suddenly on my profile. Please help! ;-)

It is just a glitch, it is now removed.

the glitterati

Rough_Rock

Thanks!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

decodelighted|1291406676|2786546 said:
Is this true?

Agreed, PS search is flawed, it links to WFs Expert selection as hearts and arrows where in fact they are not. They are usually jjust "arrows" without proper "hearts".

If PS searches are incorrectly pulling up Whiteflash Expert selection stones as if they are H&As ... that seems like a pretty big problem to me. And one that should be sorted quickly to avoid the perception of any intentional misdirection.

Hi decodelighted,

The Pricescope Search is not flawed, It only shows what the vendors give us in the data-feed.

I have contact Bryan Boyne at Whiteflash regarding this and he insures me this can not be true.

He will double check the data-feed and post a reply about this.

In the meantime, can you please post an example of this and let me know where you heard the above statement?

Thank you

geckodani

Ideal_Rock

PS Admin|1291245631|2784534 said:
Steal|1291148993|2783163 said:
geckodani|1291124260|2782624 said:
Dancing Fire|1285908517|2725915 said:
copy and drag the "emoticons" doesn't work on my computer... :(sad

Me either. Is there a work-around for this? I can get emoties into my signature, but not into posts. Used to be able to drag and drop.

It is a PITA. I saved some emoties to my images and just add them like normal pictures.

runaround1.gif

It is on our list to make it draggable, but we have a few other thing to complete. :)

Cool. Glad it's on the list.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock

Every time I post, it brings me back to the posting page (like it does when someone posts between the time you hit Reply and the time you hit Submit) and has this at the top of the page. No amount of resubmitting fixes it, instead it just keeps making me do duplicate posts.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_posting.php on line 1998: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Unknown modifier '/'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /posting.php on line 1397: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3553)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4640: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3553)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4642: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3553)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4643: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3553)

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock

I just noticed that if I hang out on the page after that error pops up long enough, it will eventually send me to my post in the thread. But it takes FOREVER.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock

MonkeyPie|1291692433|2789537 said:
I just noticed that if I hang out on the page after that error pops up long enough, it will eventually send me to my post in the thread. But it takes FOREVER.

The same think started happening to me yestarday.

Also, under Tools, the HCA tool says Cutlet, instead of Culet....

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock

I can't seem to log out today for some reason, either from the Log out tab under My Pages, or from the button at the top of the page. When I click on one of those it looks as though I've successfully logged out, but when I return to one of the forums I am still logged in. Suggestions?

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

MonkeyPie|1291692392|2789536 said:
Every time I post, it brings me back to the posting page (like it does when someone posts between the time you hit Reply and the time you hit Submit) and has this at the top of the page. No amount of resubmitting fixes it, instead it just keeps making me do duplicate posts.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_posting.php on line 1998: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Unknown modifier '/'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /posting.php on line 1397: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3553)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4640: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3553)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4642: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3553)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4643: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3553)

Thank for letting me know. It should be gone soon.

We are still working on making changes to improve things. :)

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

geckodani|1291731114|2789773 said:
MonkeyPie|1291692433|2789537 said:

The same think started happening to me yestarday.

Also, under Tools, the HCA tool says Cutlet, instead of Culet....

Thanks. The spelling error has been corrected. :)

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Aoife|1291735412|2789832 said:
I can't seem to log out today for some reason, either from the Log out tab under My Pages, or from the button at the top of the page. When I click on one of those it looks as though I've successfully logged out, but when I return to one of the forums I am still logged in. Suggestions?

We just cleared it from our side. So you should be logout now.

Can you let me know what browser and OS you are using and what if you are still experiencing this issue.

Thanks

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock

PS Admin|1291740679|2789923 said:
Aoife|1291735412|2789832 said:

We just cleared it from our side. So you should be logout now.

Can you let me know what browser and OS you are using and what if you are still experiencing this issue.

Thanks

I just logged in again, and can't seem to log out, again. I use Safari as a browser, on Mac OS X, version 10.6.5.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

risingsun|1291317417|2785322 said:
PS Admin|1291245809|2784539 said:
risingsun|1290928057|2780787 said:
What has happened to our Image Gallery? Do we now have to download from our computers again? If so, do we have to keep changing file names? Just when I was really comfortable with using the Image Gallery, it seemed to disappear :((

ETA: what size image will be accepted?

the image Gallery is now here https://www.pricescope.com/gallery/cafe

You do not need to change any file names and more. It should work without any issue. The new system now converts the file size so there is no need to worry about that.

I get a message: 502 Bad Gateway, when I click on that link. I also get the same error message when I try to pull up the Knowledge section :confused: Just to clarify, I am referring to our individual image galleries.

I am still having the same problem and asking the same question. Thank you.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

PS Admin|1291673443|2789154 said:
Is this true?
Hi decodelighted,
The Pricescope Search is not flawed, It only shows what the vendors give us in the data-feed.
I have contact Bryan Boyne at Whiteflash regarding this and he insures me this can not be true.
In the meantime, can you please post an example of this and let me know where you heard the above statement?
Thank you
Hi Andrey,
Here's the thread that sparked my concern. I assumed the folks were telling the truth and did not do any investigation myself.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ences-pros-cons.153194/#post-2786645#p2786645

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

risingsun|1291756593|2790149 said:
risingsun|1291317417|2785322 said:
PS Admin|1291245809|2784539 said:
risingsun|1290928057|2780787 said:
What has happened to our Image Gallery? Do we now have to download from our computers again? If so, do we have to keep changing file names? Just when I was really comfortable with using the Image Gallery, it seemed to disappear :((

ETA: what size image will be accepted?

the image Gallery is now here https://www.pricescope.com/gallery/cafe

You do not need to change any file names and more. It should work without any issue. The new system now converts the file size so there is no need to worry about that.

I get a message: 502 Bad Gateway, when I click on that link. I also get the same error message when I try to pull up the Knowledge section :confused: Just to clarify, I am referring to our individual image galleries.

I am still having the same problem and asking the same question. Thank you.

Can you tell me which Browser your are using, the version and Operating system?

I am unable to reproduce this.

Andrey

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

^^^^I will obtain this information and get back to you ASAP. I did reboot my computer and that had no effect.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

decodelighted|1291757641|2790165 said:
PS Admin|1291673443|2789154 said:
Is this true?
Hi decodelighted,
Thank you
Hi Andrey,
Here's the thread that sparked my concern. I assumed the folks were telling the truth and did not do any investigation myself.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ences-pros-cons.153194/#post-2786645#p2786645

I just saw Bryan respond in that thread. Hopefully that answers your question.

Steel

Ideal_Rock

I think I'm in a cheap made for tv lifetime drama...''The lights are fading ***cough***splutter***cough***''

Have the colours in the PS header and perhaps all the colours in general become lighter? :confused:

***cough***splutter***cough***

:))

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

packrat|1291410672|2786636 said:

Can you check to see if you have the following checked when posting?

notify%20me.png

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Steal|1291934223|2792527 said:
I think I'm in a cheap made for tv lifetime drama...''The lights are fading ***cough***splutter***cough***''

Have the colours in the PS header and perhaps all the colours in general become lighter? :confused:

***cough***splutter***cough***

:))

Not that I know of. :)

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

PS Admin|1291967990|2793000 said:
packrat|1291410672|2786636 said:

Can you check to see if you have the following checked when posting?

notify%20me.png

Will do..yes, it's checked. But now I rarely get the notifications anymore, it's sporadic for the topic notifications and the reply notifications. I'd still like to get the topic notifications, just not the individual reply ones.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock

For some reason when I post links now the text loses its spacing (even though I've double checked and the spaces were put in place).

For example: go here to check it out ETA: (of course this one works properly...but strangely I hit space 15 times and yet can't make this ETA space further away from the link)

Also, I just discovered that when I tried to link to the specific post, it instead sent me back to the main forum page.

Thanks!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

sillyberry|1292002080|2793329 said:
For some reason when I post links now the text loses its spacing (even though I've double checked and the spaces were put in place).

For example: go here to check it out ETA: (of course this one works properly...but strangely I hit space 15 times and yet can't make this ETA space further away from the link)

Also, I just discovered that when I tried to link to the specific post, it instead sent me back to the main forum page.

Thanks!

I know what you mean. Will look into it.

valchiria

Shiny_Rock

Hi.
Why I have the trade logo?
I'm not a trade person :confused:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results