carat
color
clarity

New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answers

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

princesss|1289236762|2758413 said:
Okay, this is really nerdy and nitpicky, but when you quote somebody it says "Wrote by xxxxxxxxx" - gramatically, I believe it should be "Written by xxxxxxxxx" or "xxxxxxxxx wrote".

Like I said. Nerdy and nitpicky.

Did somebody say nit-picking? :cheeky:

On the Forums Main page 'ever' is misspelled. (https://www.pricescope.com/community/)
"Who's online
There are currently 511 users online : 135 registered, 376 guests (base on users active over the past 30 minutes)
Most users even was 787 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 21:15 "

I have a random comment:

When I'm in a topic I often use the extension in the You are Here to get back to the main subforum. However at least half of the time when I click on the subforum it throws me out to Pricescope.com main page, not linking back to the subforum.

Eg: "You Are Here : Home >>Forum >> Pricescope café >> Family, Home & Health >> The Official TTC for 6 Months or More Thread "
50% of the time, clicking on the >> Family, Home & Health >> hyperlink throws me out to the main page, not to FHH.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Steal|1289602215|2763801 said:
Okay, this is really nerdy and nitpicky, but when you quote somebody it says "Wrote by xxxxxxxxx" - gramatically, I believe it should be "Written by xxxxxxxxx" or "xxxxxxxxx wrote".

On the Forums Main page 'ever' is misspelled. (https://www.pricescope.com/community/)
"Who's online
There are currently 511 users online : 135 registered, 376 guests (base on users active over the past 30 minutes)

I have a random comment:

When I'm in a topic I often use the extension in the You are Here to get back to the main subforum. However at least half of the time when I click on the subforum it throws me out to Pricescope.com main page, not linking back to the subforum.

Eg: "You Are Here : Home >>Forum >> Pricescope café >> Family, Home & Health >> The Official TTC for 6 Months or More Thread "
50% of the time, clicking on the >> Family, Home & Health >> hyperlink throws me out to the main page, not to FHH.

Hi Steal,

Great catch on the misspelling.

Regarding the breadcrumb area it is a small bug that when you click on above the letter it seems to think you are clicking on the main logo. That always takes you to the main page. I thought it was fixed awhile ago, but i guess it crept back up.

Thanks for bringing to my attention.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock

sillyberry|1289434907|2760527 said:
In the BWW forum, there are two stickied topics (Share Your Wedding Dress Please! and Bridal Weight Loss Thread) that show new posts. However, when it click on the little "go to next unread" button it takes me to the first page. When I go to the last page of the topic, it doesn't show what the main forum page says is the last post.

Just a glitch I wanted you to be aware of! Thanks a bunch!
Sorry to bump my own post, but since this hasn't been addressed I wanted to bring it up again. Best I can tell it appears the problem is that a spammer was the last poster on these threads, and although it's post was deleted, the thread is still showing up as having a new post that can't be found so it goes to the first page and never actually looks unread.

I like to look unread. I'm almost embarrassed to admit that it is driving me INSANE that I can't! :lol:

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock

Help!

Nearly all the posts I've made in the last 24 hours seem to have vanished into the ether. On the index page it will say 'last post - Pandora', but when you open the thread there is no post from me. Getting very frustrated.

No guarantees that this post will even show up, have sent a report concern to admins but no idea if that got through either!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Pandora, it was a glitch that appears to be fixed. Let us know if you continue to have trouble.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Steal|1289602215|2763801 said:

"Who's online

I have a random comment:

The spelling part is fixed.

:)

Hera

Ideal_Rock

I think that whenever I pick the small icon on the left side, it takes me almost to the last posting rather than the last posting I read. It's been happening since yesterday.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock

I'm sorry, but nobody ever answered me last time... I'm still having trouble with the site logging me out, and when I try to log back in it tells me my password is invalid. I have to request to change my password every time... Why is this happening?

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

What has happened to our Image Gallery? Do we now have to download from our computers again? If so, do we have to keep changing file names? Just when I was really comfortable with using the Image Gallery, it seemed to disappear :((

ETA: what size image will be accepted?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

B.E.G.|1288664447|2752857 said:
Can somebody tell me how I can still get the Topic Reply notification e-mails, but NOT get the individual reply e-mails every time someone responds (with the text of the reply in the e-mail)? I still want to know when someone's replied in a thread but I don't want the dozens and dozens of e-mails I get for each and every response. Thanks!

Sorry to quote my own post but I was wondering if there was any update on this?

Steel

Ideal_Rock

The shopping forum looks wonky with only 1 or 2 topics showing per page....

geckodani

Ideal_Rock

Dancing Fire|1285908517|2725915 said:
copy and drag the "emoticons" doesn't work on my computer... :(sad

Me either. Is there a work-around for this? I can get emoties into my signature, but not into posts. Used to be able to drag and drop.

Steel

Ideal_Rock

geckodani|1291124260|2782624 said:

Me either. Is there a work-around for this? I can get emoties into my signature, but not into posts. Used to be able to drag and drop.

It is a PITA. I saved some emoties to my images and just add them like normal pictures.

runaround1.gif

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Tuckins1|1290878780|2780399 said:
I'm sorry, but nobody ever answered me last time... I'm still having trouble with the site logging me out, and when I try to log back in it tells me my password is invalid. I have to request to change my password every time... Why is this happening?

Not sure why it is happening to you.

If this is still happening can you tell me what browser you are using and what OS?

Thanks

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Steal|1291148993|2783163 said:
geckodani|1291124260|2782624 said:

It is a PITA. I saved some emoties to my images and just add them like normal pictures.

runaround1.gif

It is on our list to make it draggable, but we have a few other thing to complete. :)

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Steal|1290969610|2781010 said:

I am unable to reproduce this. Is this still happening?

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

risingsun|1290928057|2780787 said:
What has happened to our Image Gallery? Do we now have to download from our computers again? If so, do we have to keep changing file names? Just when I was really comfortable with using the Image Gallery, it seemed to disappear :((

the image Gallery is now here https://www.pricescope.com/gallery/cafe

You do not need to change any file names and more. It should work without any issue. The new system now converts the file size so there is no need to worry about that.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Just wanted to update everyone about the search. We are still working on it and we will need to overhaul it.

In the mean time we have added "search by google" buttons near the regular search and advanced search for your convenience.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

I am having trouble changing my signature? Has anyone else had a problem?

ETA - It keeps telling me my email address is already registered.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

dragonfly411|1291308862|2785171 said:
I am having trouble changing my signature? Has anyone else had a problem?

ETA - It keeps telling me my email address is already registered.

Will look into it and let you know.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

Thanks

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

dragonfly411|1291312132|2785231 said:

Give it a try now

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

I'm getting multiple emails again every time someone posts in a thread I've posted in. I used to just get a topic notification, then I was getting emails for every single post, then it was back to the single topic notification, now it's back to an email for every post. Is there a way to fix this? I'd really dislike to end up having 850 emails in my inbox to slog thru every morning.

Steel

Ideal_Rock

PS Admin|1291245699|2784536 said:
Steal|1290969610|2781010 said:

I am unable to reproduce this. Is this still happening?

No, it was just that day. Gremlins I'll wager ;)) .

Also, I meant to thank you for explaining about the crumbs thing. I posted about the sub forum hyperlink throwing me out to the main page. Now I know why, I click exactly on the extension link and I avoid being kicked out to the main page. Very helpful. Thanks!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

PS Admin|1291245809|2784539 said:
risingsun|1290928057|2780787 said:

the image Gallery is now here https://www.pricescope.com/gallery/cafe

You do not need to change any file names and more. It should work without any issue. The new system now converts the file size so there is no need to worry about that.

I get a message: 502 Bad Gateway, when I click on that link. I also get the same error message when I try to pull up the Knowledge section :confused: Just to clarify, I am referring to our individual image galleries.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

Yay! Thanks

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock

PS Admin|1291245469|2784531 said:

If this is still happening can you tell me what browser you are using and what OS?

Thanks

Yes, this still happens. It's not all the time, only once in a while. I use Chrome and have Windows 7 on my computer.

lulu

Ideal_Rock

I'm having the same problem as packrat but it's only Kenny's posts that come through to my email. I'm not subscribed to anyone and I like Kenny but how do I stop it?

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

lulu|1291385740|2786181 said:
I'm having the same problem as packrat but it's only Kenny's posts that come through to my email. I'm not subscribed to anyone and I like Kenny but how do I stop it?

Lulu,

check under Kenny's avatar and make sure you are not subscribed to him.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Tuckins1|1291380966|2786149 said:
PS Admin|1291245469|2784531 said:

Thanks

Yes, this still happens. It's not all the time, only once in a while. I use Chrome and have Windows 7 on my computer.

Will keep investigating this. Very hard to reproduce. :(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results