Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answers

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
1,426
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

valchiria|1292080701|2794208 said:
Hi.
Why I have the trade logo?
I'm not a trade person :confused:


We have a small glitch which we are trying to identify that will occasionally do that to members. :)

I fixed it for you.
 

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
5,549
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

risingsun|1291827914|2791044 said:
^^^^I will obtain this information and get back to you ASAP. I did reboot my computer and that had no effect.

We tried accessing the information on my husband's computer and were able to access the Knowledge section and the Image Gallery.
We are able to use the page down key without problem. The problems I have been experiencing are with my computer. My only question now is what has happened to our individual image storage?

Thank you for your patience :))
 

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
5,549
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

risingsun|1292177272|2794921 said:
risingsun|1291827914|2791044 said:
^^^^I will obtain this information and get back to you ASAP. I did reboot my computer and that had no effect.

We tried accessing the information on my husband's computer and were able to access the Knowledge section and the Image Gallery.
We are able to use the page down key without problem. The problems I have been experiencing are with my computer. My only question now is what has happened to our individual image storage?

Thank you for your patience :))

We thought we had it figured out, but we didn't. I can access Knowledge and the Gallery when I am not logged into PS. As soon as I log into the site, I receive the Bad Gateway message. This appears to be a Log In problem. Hopefully, you can fix this for me.
 

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
1,426
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

risingsun|1292179860|2794959 said:
risingsun|1292177272|2794921 said:
risingsun|1291827914|2791044 said:
^^^^I will obtain this information and get back to you ASAP. I did reboot my computer and that had no effect.

We tried accessing the information on my husband's computer and were able to access the Knowledge section and the Image Gallery.
We are able to use the page down key without problem. The problems I have been experiencing are with my computer. My only question now is what has happened to our individual image storage?

Thank you for your patience :))

We thought we had it figured out, but we didn't. I can access Knowledge and the Gallery when I am not logged into PS. As soon as I log into the site, I receive the Bad Gateway message. This appears to be a Log In problem. Hopefully, you can fix this for me.


Give it another try. I think it should work.
 

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
5,549
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

PS Admin|1292286316|2796026 said:
risingsun|1292179860|2794959 said:
risingsun|1292177272|2794921 said:
risingsun|1291827914|2791044 said:
^^^^I will obtain this information and get back to you ASAP. I did reboot my computer and that had no effect.

We tried accessing the information on my husband's computer and were able to access the Knowledge section and the Image Gallery.
We are able to use the page down key without problem. The problems I have been experiencing are with my computer. My only question now is what has happened to our individual image storage?

Thank you for your patience :))

We thought we had it figured out, but we didn't. I can access Knowledge and the Gallery when I am not logged into PS. As soon as I log into the site, I receive the Bad Gateway message. This appears to be a Log In problem. Hopefully, you can fix this for me.


Give it another try. I think it should work.

I logged out. When I logged back in I got a Bad Gateway error message. I backspaced and found myself logged in. Could still not access these areas on PS :((
 

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
1,426
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

risingsun|1292292329|2796146 said:
PS Admin|1292286316|2796026 said:
risingsun|1292179860|2794959 said:
risingsun|1292177272|2794921 said:
risingsun|1291827914|2791044 said:
^^^^I will obtain this information and get back to you ASAP. I did reboot my computer and that had no effect.

We tried accessing the information on my husband's computer and were able to access the Knowledge section and the Image Gallery.
We are able to use the page down key without problem. The problems I have been experiencing are with my computer. My only question now is what has happened to our individual image storage?

Thank you for your patience :))

We thought we had it figured out, but we didn't. I can access Knowledge and the Gallery when I am not logged into PS. As soon as I log into the site, I receive the Bad Gateway message. This appears to be a Log In problem. Hopefully, you can fix this for me.


Give it another try. I think it should work.

I logged out. When I logged back in I got a Bad Gateway error message. I backspaced and found myself logged in. Could still not access these areas on PS :((

Please make sure you clear your cache and try again.

Thanks
 

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
May 21, 2009
Messages
1,304
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

hi. i'm having a problem uploading & posting new pictures. i actually noticed the problem last week but thought it might correct itself. trying again today, still not working. i'm using firefox. i click "insert image from server," then click "upload," & choose my file, then "save." once i do that, after about a minute i will get a screen that says "connection was reset from server, please try again." and this happens over & over. what am i doing wrong?
 

beesha77

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Nov 16, 2010
Messages
249
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

I just noticed when I saw one of my posts that my avatar is NOT the pic i've uploaded. I have no idea who that couple is and when i looked at my info page it does show the one i uploaded. How do i get my picture there?? Thanks!
 

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
251
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

Hi,

Everytime someone posts on this forum, I receive an e-mail about it. I looked into my settings and I do not have anything ticked off that states I want to receive these e-mail updates and I don't know how to fix it. Can you please look into this it's filling up my inbox.

Thanks
 

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Trade
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
1,397
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

EyeElle|1292457279|2798017 said:
Hi,

Everytime someone posts on this forum, I receive an e-mail about it. I looked into my settings and I do not have anything ticked off that states I want to receive these e-mail updates and I don't know how to fix it. Can you please look into this it's filling up my inbox.

Thanks

Someone as in anyone, or a particular person?

If a particular person please click through the link to the post and make sure you are not accidentally subscribed to that person. It will tell you under their avatar.
 

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Trade
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
1,397
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

beesha77|1292455982|2798002 said:
I just noticed when I saw one of my posts that my avatar is NOT the pic i've uploaded. I have no idea who that couple is and when i looked at my info page it does show the one i uploaded. How do i get my picture there?? Thanks!

Hi Beesha,

This has been a glitch that has occurred a few times. It has been removed for you.
 

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
1,426
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

sillyberry|1292002080|2793329 said:
For some reason when I post links now the text loses its spacing (even though I've double checked and the spaces were put in place).

For example: go here to check it out ETA: (of course this one works properly...but strangely I hit space 15 times and yet can't make this ETA space further away from the link)

Also, I just discovered that when I tried to link to the specific post, it instead sent me back to the main forum page.

Thanks!

It should be fixed now. Please let us know if you see this again.

Thank you
 

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
251
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

Hi, It's when anyone posts - it is not specific to one particular person.
 

ritaareynolds

Rough_Rock
Joined
Oct 17, 2007
Messages
22
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

Ella - I need to ask a very important question. How can I email you?
 

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Trade
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
1,397
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

Hi Rita,

We can be contacted by using the report concern button on a post, the CONTACT US button on the bottom of the page, or at ella at pricescope dot com.

It is important to be sure that your email address in the system is correct so our emails get through as well.
 

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Sep 20, 2008
Messages
23,343
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

You cannot add emoticons in IE6.0 any more. The ones to the right of the reply page.
 

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Oct 27, 2008
Messages
12,504
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

How do I format properly when I'm trying to remove a quote on top of quotes on top of quotes, and just keep the one single quote in tack? I just dont want to have a long post with several quotes when I only want a line or two, but when I try to delete everything but the quote and try to keep the html [/quote] PS doesn't format and I with no quote box. Thanks!
 

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Nov 18, 2004
Messages
29,570
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

I can't find threads, and know the title. They aren't deleted. But it says your search shows no matches... I can't begin to say how frustrating this is, was fine before the switch...
 

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jul 28, 2009
Messages
1,792
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

I often have trouble with color - I click the color button and nothing happens! Not always, mind you. Just sometimes. Which makes it both irritating and strange!

I'm using PS on Chrome. Thanks!
 

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Sep 20, 2008
Messages
23,343
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

Is there a way to search threads for specific phrases. For example, if I want to search the words, "blue spinel", it will only bring up threads with the words "blue" and "spinel", but not next to each other in a single phrase "blue spinel."
 

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Sep 9, 2008
Messages
14,069
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

New posts in multi-forum threads, bumps up the thread but does not show up as un-read post/thread in the other forums where it is not residing. Not sure if that shows up in the forum that it is residing in.
 

hihowareyou

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
188
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

i'm not sure why i am showing up as a trade's person :confused:
 

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
5,549
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

Ella~ I am still unable to access any of the knowledge section or hyperlinks. I have tried three different browsers [AOL, IE and FF], without success. It has been recommended that I clear my cache. Excuse my lack of computer skills, but won't this affect all the sites I have with passwords and other information? I don't want to have to start all of my sites from scratch again. Do you have any other suggestions. I never had this problem before. It is a fairly recent development. I have rebooted the computer and that solved nothing. As I mentioned before, if I sign out of PS, I am able to access all of these areas on PS. These leads me to believe it is caused by a log-in problem.

Thanks!!
 

in a rush

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jan 8, 2011
Messages
1
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

I'm trying to post a question. I'm looking at a Princess cut diamond: SI2 clairty: G: 1.67; Very good polish/symmetry: fluorescence: faint; cut: depth 77% and 83%; 3 stone ring: quote $8800; EGL USA report; white gold with 0.5 carat on the sides. I'm allowed to upgrade at anytime. Not sure if the cut is right? Worth the money? Or should I go for higher clarity and better cut. Please help!! In a rush.
 

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
5,549
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

in a rush|1294508539|2817594 said:
I'm trying to post a question. I'm looking at a Princess cut diamond: SI2 clairty: G: 1.67; Very good polish/symmetry: fluorescence: faint; cut: depth 77% and 83%; 3 stone ring: quote $8800; EGL USA report; white gold with 0.5 carat on the sides. I'm allowed to upgrade at anytime. Not sure if the cut is right? Worth the money? Or should I go for higher clarity and better cut. Please help!! In a rush.
You are in the wrong subforum. Post in Rocky Talky and someone should be able to help you.
 

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jan 2, 2011
Messages
441
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

Hi there. I'm not sure if this is just me, but I constantly have problems with the site not responding. For example, I will come to the site and surf around for a bit. After maybe a few clicks (i.e. forum, topic, back, new topic), the site will stop responding. I can't select anything and I will have to close my browser and reopen.

I only have this problem with PS - other sites continue to work when I have these issues so I know it isn't my computer or the internet.

Anyone else have these issues?

ETA: Of course it actually did it again while trying to post this question.
 

captainmcgee

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Aug 10, 2010
Messages
329
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

I need to remove some photos for privacy issues. How do I go about this?
 

Faluzure

Rough_Rock
Joined
Apr 16, 2010
Messages
68
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

My posts are reflecting that I'm a "Trade Person", but I'm not a dealer, retailer, or trader by any means. Not sure when I got that badge and as far as I can tell, all my posts don't reflect any kind of "trade".
 

Saffyre

Rough_Rock
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Messages
27
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

I am having trouble Uploading pictures.

I have tried to upload several different images of stones, but the same image keeps uploading. I am using Firefox and I have also tried IE. Same Result. I have tried moving that file that keep getting uploaded and changing its name. but it keeps uploading different files as the same photo. any advice?
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Get the Look: Moira Rose
    Get the Look: Moira Rose
    Spic n' Span Sparkle - How to Clean and Protect your Jewelry
    Spic n' Span Sparkle - How to Clean and Protect your Jewelry
    January Birthstone 2021: Red Garnet
    January Birthstone 2021: Red Garnet

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.

New posts

Top