shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone have any eye makeup suggestions or obessions

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Since, there is a thread on lip products, lets do one on eye makeup. So how many ladies are obessed with eye makeup, whether it is shadow, eyelinear, mascara. I know i am totally addicted and am looking for new eye shadows all the time. Along with different ideas for the eyes. A good product, and cheap, is ELF products. They have a website, and there are a lot of things on it for a buck! YES, LADIES a dollar, who in the heck would have known. If you go to target, they also have it there. Even brushes are a buck :errrr: ....its like makeup overload.. :appl: . I will be trying out a new look for my eyemakeup this weekend, going out to see a show with the family and out afterwards, if it turns out okay, ill post some pictures. It involves, glittter, creme eye shadows, eyelinear, false eyelashes, and a lot of time.

So ladies, whats your favorite brand, color, look whater...i and im sure other, would really like to know about it.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
eyeshadows for me! MAC specifically if i'm doing designer - if drugstore, my favorite brand is the physician's formula - shimmer strips for blue eyes. They have REALLY beautiful shades that truly compliment your eye color. I love it!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I feel like eye makeup really wakes my face up and makes me look nice, so yes, I have a major obsession. I feel like I'm constantly trying to find the RIGHT products, or fresh colors. Right now my favorites:

Mary Kay Liquid Eyeliner (though I might try another because it catches on my lashes a lot and they leave little black lash marks on my lids)
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara
Maybelline Colossal lash mascara - I alternate between the two
Sephora Block Buster palette - this has every color under the sun in both powder and cream form. I'm still mastering the fine art of creams.
Mary Kay Moonstone eye shadow
I have a l'oreal eye combo that has varying shades of blue (one almost white, two mid tones, and a darker blue) that I use parts of.

What I'm after at this point - a REALLY GOOD dark grey or black for darker stuff, more mascara, more eye liner, colored eye liners, and any good recommendations for shadows.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I cannot get enough of black sapphire mascara by color something or other... for a person with light eyelashes and no brown hair, it is the perfect shade for daytime. LOVE it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am sure I have as many tubes of mascara as lipstick :errrr: ...but I wear it daily so feel in that I may be forgiven. :cheeky:

Dior, Iconic mascara is fab. I love big lashes and that I get from Dior. Guerlain is also excellent for this outcome--plus they have great colors. YSL is the third brand I routinely buy for color, especially, and for big bold lashes. Somewhere in my pile I also have a tube of Clinique for big lases, and it is super quality and great price point.

Again I seem to defer to Dior for their multi-color compacts. Really love their color combo's. I use the eye shadow for a liner as well--and my MAC thin lliner brush is excellent.

My sister recently suggested using a lid primer--and I bought some Nars. I does help to keep liner and color in place all day--as I do note my color tends to fade with the day.....

In case you use liners--I love YSL liner pen--it is the finest brush I've ever used. My sister loves her Chantecalle (sp) liner.

cheers--Sharon

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I recently purchased a Korres eyeliner set from Sephora. 10 colors (including gold, which is the color I was looking for that led me to the set!) for $32.50. So far, I'm a big fan! I do need a better eye makeup remover, though...they LAST!

As for mascara, my one true love is DiorShow. I flirt with other mascaras (recently bought two from the Ulta brand), but I always always go back to DiorShow. I just can't quit it. Expensive but worth every penny. I can do a simple light application for daytime or load it on for killer hooker lashes. Works great for either need.

stringtheorygirl

Rough_Rock
Oh my. Where to start?! I am a complete makeup junkie. Some of my eye favorites include...

*Make Up For Ever eyeshadows (especially #92!!!) & glitters
*MAC Paint Pots (painterly!) & Pigments
*MAC 217 brush, 224
*Laura Mercier cake eyeliner in ebony
*Urban Decay glitter liners
*Wet N Wild Color Icon palettes (yep, from the drugstore)
*LA Colors mineral shadows (from the Dollar Tree/dollar store)
*ELF mineral shadows (I love ELF!! Their studio brushes are wonnnderful!)
*Fyrinnae mineral shadows
*Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy ( amazing mineral shadow base)
*Bare Escentuals shadows, Bare Escentuals in "Well Rested" for under-eye circles
*Urban Decay Naked Palette/UD Book Of Shadows (any)
*Tarina Tarantino sparklicity powder
*Milani Liquifye Liners (wonderful for the waterline)
*Benefit High Brow *wonderful highlight for browbone*
*NYX jumbo pencil in "milk"- makes shadow more vivid

I'll stop there. My obsession is showing!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I am completely obsessed with eye makeup... outside of chapstick and face powder it is the only makeup I wear… it would be embarrassing to post a picture of all of the product I have... haahaa.

Some of my favorites:

Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner (love the gunmetal for a soft daytime look)
Urban Decay liquid liners
Urban Decay book of shadows
Urban Decay Eye primer potion (this stuff makes my eye shadow last all day with no creasing)
Covergirl lash exact mascara (the one in the purple tube and skinny yellow tubes)
True colors eyeshadow (like mineral makeup that comes in pots, but in very vivid and sparkly colors)
Heatheresque mineral eyeshadow
Covergirl eyebrow pencils (without them my eyebrows are invisible since they are so blonde...haaha)
Benefit eyebrow lifter (cant remember if that is the exact name, but it is a light pink pencil that you apply right under your eyebrow line to give the appearance of higher arches)

Those are pretty much my favorites :))

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I have an obsession with mascara. I have about 15 different ones at any given time. I like to wear it because not many Asian people have large eyes with long lashes like I do, so I play up those features whenever I can!

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
The older I get the more eye make I need:

Chanel Mistique Quad--Bronzes and Coppers
Chanel Duo==Kahki and Cream
Mally Lavender Duo
Chanel LeStylo Pencils--Marine, Black Jade, Casis
Mally Eye Liner Navy
Fiber Wig Mascara
Mally Mascara
Chanel Mascara

At night before I go to bed I use Talika Eyelash conditioner...I have noticed increase growth with this product. I WILL NOT use the other eyelash products.

Even if I don't use mascara, I have to swipe on some kind of liner/shadow or I look AWFUL.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Also, if you dont have a lid primer, you can use your foundation....espically if its a type that feels a little sticky before the powder, it makes your eyeshadow pop so much more.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I have a major thing for black eyeliner. I have worn it since high school, and I think I don't look like me without it. I use black (or very dark purple if I'm feeling adventurous) pencil to line my inner lids, then I use black, dark brown, or purple for a thicker line on my top lid. I love Urban Decay's 24/7 liner pencils for my top lid, but they don't seem to line the waterlines all that well, so I use Revlon ColorStay black liner pencil for that.

If I'm getting dressed up or have more time, I will do shadow and mascara. I like TooFaced Shadow Insurance as a primer--it really makes my shadow crease-proof and long-lasting.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Too Faced Cosmetics Shadow Insurance - Anti Crease

love this stuff, my eyeshadow stays forever when I take the time to use this. You have to let it dry
after applying so it kinda slows ya down for a few minutes.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I've used the expensive stuff, and I've used the cheapest from the grocery store.

Currently I'm using and like:

L'Oreal color quads (neutrals in browns, greens, and rosy tones to make my blue eyes pop)
Revlon ColorStay eye pencil in Blackberry (darker than brown, not as harsh as black)
Milani Taupe eyebrow pencil is the perfect color for my brows

I have always preferred (and am bereft that they have discontinued the original formula with wire brush) Cover Girl Fantastic Lash in waterproof. It never clumps, never coats too thickly, never comes off until you take it off. It was the best. I have 3 in reserve. When they are gone, I will cry.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the tip on ELF. they are having a sale right now (but it ends in like an hour and a half) for free shipping over $20. I'm ordering all new stuff, because it's been a while since I made any changes in my routine.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Welcome, its pretty good stuff for its price, it really is. I use their powder when i wear fondation, along with the eye linear ( liquid) and eye shadows.

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
I think that MAC eyeshadow is definitely the best bang for your buck. I have....a lot of it.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
bebe|1292021691|2793714 said:
Too Faced Cosmetics Shadow Insurance - Anti Crease

love this stuff, my eyeshadow stays forever when I take the time to use this. You have to let it dry
after applying so it kinda slows ya down for a few minutes.

Love this too bebe!!! I just started using it about a month ago because I have oily lids and it is AMAZING! My shadow and liner stay put all day!!!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone have suggestions for a really good eye makeup remover? I have still having eyeliner on the next morning after use makeup remover and washing my face...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
sillyberry|1292125950|2794622 said:
Does anyone have suggestions for a really good eye makeup remover? I have still having eyeliner on the next morning after use makeup remover and washing my face...

Lancome Bifacil works really well. It needs to be rinsed off after you wipe your makeup off. I'm not sure if it's the best, however, I've been using it for years, so I would guess that sums up how I feel about it! (I've never even bothered finding another brand b/c I love the lancome one)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results