clarity

New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answers

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

Ella said:
Steal said:
sillyberry said:
Steal, I just opened PS on my Blackberry Curve and it loaded perfectly fine. Probably not the answer you were hoping for. :))

Awh, you are a sweetheart. Thank you.

But no, not what I wanted to hear. I have just sent the e-mail I didn't want to send to my phone company; this phone is less than 2 months old :blackeye: .

Hi Steal,

Sorry for waiting to answer. We just did not have an answer for you. We tried with an E71 today and it worked, but that is as close as we could get to your phone model.

Thanks Ella. I'm so impressed that you got hold of a nokia to check for me. :appl:

Well, it is like a scab for me and I keep picking. :rodent: I can download the PS main page and show me the ring but not FHH, Coloured stones, Newlyweds, BWW etc. Even if I type in the long [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/family-home-health']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/family-home-health[/URL] address, it won't download, nor if I try to sneak up on it by going to another page first and then FHH using the dropdown menus (because it isn't hotlinked at the bottom of the page like the other forums).

Is it normal, when I download a PS page that it uses 1.2-1.6MB I thought it was less but I can't remember. How much should it be?

I know you have checked and guess it is my problem but because I used to be able to see any PS page I'm wondering why I can't now. I had gotten so used to picking up the phone to check in I feel a little out of sorts when I have time to kill.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

When I submit a reply or start a new thread this "error" shows up at the top of my page, then th epage refreshes and the reply or topic is posted.

weirderror.jpg

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock

I've been getting that for 2 weeks as well.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

davi_el_mejor said:
When I submit a reply or start a new thread this "error" shows up at the top of my page, then th epage refreshes and the reply or topic is posted.

Sorry about that. We are working on it.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock

I keep getting logged out automatically, then when I try to log back in, it says that my password is invalid. I have to keep requesting a new password and logging in that way. Is something going on? Is this happening to anyone else?

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

Never mind. Computer reboot solved the problem. However, the last problem I posted, remains. The one with the down arrow shooting me down to the bottom of the page :((

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

risingsun said:
When I press the down arrow on my keyboard [instead of scrolling with the mouse], it shoots me down to the bottom of the page. My up arrow doesn't work at all. This only happens on PS.

Are others having this problem as well?

The arrows work fine for me on both a windows machine and an apple. Safari and Chrome.

Is this problem with IE?

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

^^^I'm on Firefox. I can't do anything on IE anymore.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Is there an "advanced search" button? Can't find it.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

tourmaline_lover said:
Is there an "advanced search" button? Can't find it.
There is, but for me I can only GET the advance button after I do a quick one to two key words, like this:

bezel > search > then go to the "GO Back to Advanced Search" where I circle. I don't know any other way at least for me :confused: its a bit confusing, having two different search box, one at the homepage, and the other within subforums, Where as before I can search at any box and pull up the same info? and I find using the back arrow button gives me error UNLESS I was already in the Advance Search screen and afterwards then I can back arrow to another thread withing my advance search without an error.

search.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Is anybody else having trouble with the quote button? I'm able to post a quote, but it looks the way it does when I first write a post, the quote isn't in a box. And other peoples' posts appear that way, too.

delayedreaction

Shiny_Rock

Odd but minor issue, I logged in after a password reset and noticed I was flagged as a trade person. Not a big deal, just kind of funny.

Love Street

Shiny_Rock

I see that links to GOG and WF (and maybe others) are being imbedded in posts now. It works fine in text, but it wreaks havoc if trying to post a link to a PS thread with GOG or WF in the title and ultimately renders the link useless and messy. This seems to be an intermittent issue. I noticed it a couple days ago, and then I noticed that some thread links which were previously messed up were now clickable and useable, but then in posting a message today I noticed that the GOG link embedded in the thread title I pasted as a URL was once again unclickable because of that embedded link.

This is the link I was posting: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...eview-perry-cushion-vs-gog-avc-w-pics.147506/ It shows up fine in the "preview" but when actually posted it goes haywire.

I apologize if someone has already pointed this out, but I thought I would mention it.

Embedded links messing up linked thread.jpg

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Thank you LoveStreet. Andrey will want to know about that.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

Can somebody tell me how I can still get the Topic Reply notification e-mails, but NOT get the individual reply e-mails every time someone responds (with the text of the reply in the e-mail)? I still want to know when someone's replied in a thread but I don't want the dozens and dozens of e-mails I get for each and every response. Thanks!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Love Street said:
I see that links to GOG and WF (and maybe others) are being imbedded in posts now. It works fine in text, but it wreaks havoc if trying to post a link to a PS thread with GOG or WF in the title and ultimately renders the link useless and messy. This seems to be an intermittent issue. I noticed it a couple days ago, and then I noticed that some thread links which were previously messed up were now clickable and useable, but then in posting a message today I noticed that the GOG link embedded in the thread title I pasted as a URL was once again unclickable because of that embedded link.

This is the link I was posting: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...eview-perry-cushion-vs-gog-avc-w-pics.147506/ It shows up fine in the "preview" but when actually posted it goes haywire.

I apologize if someone has already pointed this out, but I thought I would mention it.

Hi,

All fixed. Thank you for pointing it out.

PoshPrincess

Rough_Rock

I'm having problems uploading an avatar. The pic is 98x90 so I know it's under or around the 100x100. On the profile page the picture is there but on any post I make there is just a red X .... I don't know if anyone else is having this problem at all or if others can see my avatar and I just can't or what. Just thought I would let you guys know... :)

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

PoshPrincess said:
I'm having problems uploading an avatar. The pic is 98x90 so I know it's under or around the 100x100. On the profile page the picture is there but on any post I make there is just a red X .... I don't know if anyone else is having this problem at all or if others can see my avatar and I just can't or what. Just thought I would let you guys know... :)

Is your avatar saved as .JPG by chance? It needs to be lowercase. Try that. :))

PoshPrincess

Rough_Rock

I'll check and see Ella.... Thanks.... ::)

PoshPrincess

Rough_Rock

It was touch and go there for a minute.... I don't know how or what I did... but I have my guitar kitten and that will be just fine!!! LOL!!! :bigsmile:

kimber418

Shiny_Rock

Hi! On my posts it says I am a trade person. I am not. The link is not checked. Thank you!

princesss

Ideal_Rock

Okay, this is really nerdy and nitpicky, but when you quote somebody it says "Wrote by xxxxxxxxx" - gramatically, I believe it should be "Written by xxxxxxxxx" or "xxxxxxxxx wrote".

Like I said. Nerdy and nitpicky.

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock

Hi Ella,
Any chance there is a PS app in the works?

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

princesss|1289236762|2758413 said:
Okay, this is really nerdy and nitpicky, but when you quote somebody it says "Wrote by xxxxxxxxx" - gramatically, I believe it should be "Written by xxxxxxxxx" or "xxxxxxxxx wrote".

Like I said. Nerdy and nitpicky.

Thanks for catching it. I put it on the list to clean up.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

waterlilly|1289305475|2759025 said:
Hi Ella,
Any chance there is a PS app in the works?

Hi Waterlilly,

There is currently no APP at this time, but we are considering one and what it would contain.

I would love to hear what you would like to see in it.

Please start a thread in the suggested box area and lets see what we can come up with.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock

Please see my comment/question/suggestion regaring Pricestats, here:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/we-want-your-suggestions.123036/page-3#post-2759687']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/we-want-your-suggestions.123036/page-3#post-2759687[/URL]

Ira Z.

P.S. Andrey, since there is another search page which is not great, but can find some things, especially when you know a previous author, and can populate that field, why not make this page: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/search.php']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/search.php[/URL] more visible to people?

Meanwhile, for reasons I don't know, my IE at home, vs work, is handicapped, so I cannot "block" text, nor even use my google spell check functionality. This may be local computer specific, but I don't know...

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock

In the BWW forum, there are two stickied topics (Share Your Wedding Dress Please! and Bridal Weight Loss Thread) that show new posts. However, when it click on the little "go to next unread" button it takes me to the first page. When I go to the last page of the topic, it doesn't show what the main forum page says is the last post.

Just a glitch I wanted you to be aware of! Thanks a bunch!

OK when I make a post and I hit submit it won't go anywhere... if a new post is made in the thread while I was writing it out.

Driving me nuts. It has probably stalled on me 15 times already this morning.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

bean|1289490770|2761489 said:
OK when I make a post and I hit submit it won't go anywhere... if a new post is made in the thread while I was writing it out.

Driving me nuts. It has probably stalled on me 15 times already this morning.

We have been making some changes updates. Hopefully it is all good now.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Regular Guy|1289357431|2759692 said:
Please see my comment/question/suggestion regaring Pricestats, here:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/we-want-your-suggestions.123036/page-3#post-2759687']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/we-want-your-suggestions.123036/page-3#post-2759687[/URL]

Ira Z.

P.S. Andrey, since there is another search page which is not great, but can find some things, especially when you know a previous author, and can populate that field, why not make this page: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/search.php']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/search.php[/URL] more visible to people?

Meanwhile, for reasons I don't know, my IE at home, vs work, is handicapped, so I cannot "block" text, nor even use my google spell check functionality. This may be local computer specific, but I don't know...

Hi Ira,

I know what you mean by the PriceStats. It is on my list of things to do.

Regarding the Search we are going to try google custom search hopefully this will be more helpful. It appears there is a general bug that is not easy to fix in the current system. The google search should be available soon.

Regarding the IE and google spell check. I think you need to make sure you have the google tool bar and it is enabled. IT is browser specific.

Hope that helps.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results