shape
carat
color
clarity

New cluster earrings to match my cluster ring. Ka-POW!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Herewith 3 almost identical, all crappy, photos of them in my ear.

Sigh. I hate ear shots the WORST. And, as I always say, if you are looking at these trying to get a sense of proportion for yourself, keep in mind - I have the largest earlobes on the face of the planet. Rabbits notwithstanding. These earrings are about 13.5mm in diameter - and that's allowing for a 1/2mm tilt. So - yeah. THE largest. ON THE PLANET.

20220408_165159.jpg

20220408_164905.jpg

20220408_165244.jpg

Completely knock out on you! I bet they look amazing in low restaurant lighting :kiss2:

Blindingly beautiful!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SWOON! :kiss2:
Clusterlicious!

swoonemoji.png

Wear in good healthy and blingalicious joy sweet @mrs-b!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Those aren’t a clusterf**k - those are a cluster worders!

Last edited:

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
A while back I had a bezel set cluster ring with a sapphire in it and an all-diamond cluster pair of earrings. The ring had a 2ct blue sapphire and 2.1ctw of side diamonds - all colorless, eye clean, individually certed and ideal cut. The earrings had colorless, eye clean centers, both Astor Ideal from Blue Nile, ideal specs, GORGEOUS diamonds - with side stones that were, I think, around...12 points each? More than 10 and less than 15. That's as much as I remember. They were colorless and well cut and definitely very clean.

Together, they were lovely.

But over time, the earrings made my ears ache and the sapphire wasn't the hue I wanted. So I pulled the ring apart, sold the sapphire, let the sides just sit for a while, dismantled the earrings, let those sides sit as well, and used the centers as side stones in my 3 stone ring (which I think everybody on Pricescope has seen!)

But then I upgraded the ring and the sides were back in a box again, just waiting.

But *then* - Good Old Gold had a GORGEOUS 1.51 G SI1 diamond for sale on their site, which I snapped up, given that it was, honestly, the whitest G I'd ever seen. It was STUNNING. I had it set back into the 2.1ctw of individually certed sides that were just sitting around (26-27 points per stone, E color, VS/VVS), and came up with one of the few perfect pieces of jewelry that I own; my cluster ring.

But I didn't have earrings that could hold a candle to them, so after a false start and then some back and forth, David Klass at DKJ sourced me some absolutely top shelf 20 point diamonds - colorless, VS, ideal cut - to return my .95 and .96ct Astor Ideals to earrings.

And so we did. :))

I also have a beautiful peridot - a gorgeous apple green - and some other diamonds, fleshed out by a couple more sourced by DKJ - to make a pendant, but that will be later on this year and will complete the set. For now, here are my new earrings - F colored VS2 centers, Astor Ideal, .95 and .96ct respectively, with individually sourced 20 point sides - E/F, VS, ideal cut - snapped by the jewelry paparazzi out and about with my cluster ring.

The set equals 8.7ctw and we'll be throwing in another 2ctw for the pendant. I'll probably wear them all with my diamond bangles (another 10 ctw) - so at that stage I'll be all sorts of "Look out Liz Taylor - here comes Mrs B!!"

Ok. Not really. But maybe those stats explain why I say I'm at an end of it with diamonds. For me, there's a limit. Not for everyone, granted - and have at it, I say! But for me....I just want to set what I have left then call it a day. I am one very lucky woman who has more than anyone has a right to expect, and certainly far more than I ever dreamed. And I'm very grateful. Time to start giving more back.

20220408_114927.jpg

20220408_115133.jpg

20220408_115211.jpg

20220408_115234.jpg

20220408_115406.jpg

20220408_115412.jpg

So beautiful! I love them!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww - you guys! I'm so glad you like them!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bright & shiny - I post a photo of the previous set for you - does that ring a bell? it was lovely...but not exaaaactly what I wanted. I love this new set - and with diamond prices going the way they have, there is no way I'd be able to put it together now. So I feel incredibly fortunate. I'm glad you like it. :))

@canuk-gal - Yay! On my lobes, you don't get a sense of how substantial they are. But in real life, I have to say - they *are* pretty WOW!

Thank you, @Catmom - this was a loooong time coming and I'm very happy with where I landed. I'm glad you like them. :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much, @CHRISTY-DANIELLE! I out a LOT of effort into my custom pieces and even these need to go back to be tweaked. Nothing major, just a bit of love to make them an identical match with my ring.

Thank you, @rungirl! I love them. <3

Hallo @Rfisher :wavey: You know what it's like - something like clusters, with so many moving parts, but SO exposed, can be an absolute nightmare. Let's just say - we did a few CADs on these.... :shock:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Mreader - earshot above. They're crappy, tho. These pieces reflect SO much light, they blur out a lot. I did my best.

Thank you so much, @tyty333! I'm really happy with them. As I said above, they need a small tweak, but after that - this is *it*.

Thank you, @MamaBear - I agree with you! :mrgreen:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Ally T! :mrgreen: Please don't be dead - you have a big day coming up on Monday!! (Have fun, you lot!). I'm glad you like my new bibs and bobs tho - I'm pretty pleased with how these turned out.

@rainydaze! How nice to see you! I was thinking of you the other day and wondering how you were; we don't see you that much these days and your lovely personality is missed. I'm glad you like the earrings - I do too. :))

@dk168 - thank you, dk! I do love them and they're sheer indulgence. I won't wear them a lot - I knew that going in. But when I want something with impact, and I want to feel as tho the ring has the *just so* earrings to go with it - only these will do. It's a substantial investment for something I might wear half a dozen times a year...but there you go.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful set :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: @mrs-b
The setting is so feminine, elegant and glorious!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dk168 - thank you, dk! I do love them and they're sheer indulgence. I won't wear them a lot - I knew that going in. But when I want something with impact, and I want to feel as tho the ring has the *just so* earrings to go with it - only these will do. It's a substantial investment for something I might wear half a dozen times a year...but there you go.

That's how I feel about my nicer pieces - they are there in case I need the bling power on the rare occasions.

DK :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Muluver - completion is EVERYTHING. Well - after proportion, I suppose. I love the angles on these and the more fluid feel it gives the earrings. Thank you for your kind words.

@springerspaniel - hallo gorgeous! And from you - I would have accepted the wise-ass-y bunny joke! They are gorgeous tho, aren't they? Both the earrings and bunnies in general. So to that end and just for you.....

too cute_a.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @bright ice - I will do my best! :))

Thank you, @PreRaphaelite! I don't know if you were aware of the decision I had to make re the side stones - go over budget and get top shelf, or stay on budget and have "I'm sure nobody can see the difference except me...." quality. In the end I went waaaaay over budget and got the best out there. But I have to tell you, you can SEE it. When you look at these, you can see arrows EVERYWHERE. And they're WHITE. and CLEAN. And super, super, gorgeous. Happy with the decision I made - now just need 6 months to recover!!

@Slick1 - hallo, my friend! COME ON OVER! You're welcome to play in my jewelry box any time you like! I'm very happy with the final proportions and feel they fit on my ears *just right*, as Goldilocks said. :)) I hope all is well with you. ox

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @MissGotRocks! In the final analysis, it's all in the wearing, isn't it? They sit on my ear perfectly and are substantially lighter than the previous iteration using these center stones. So - Mission Accomplished, I think!

@ItsMainelyYou - Mary is a genius. Clearly. And I'm so glad you like them - I think they're pretty perfect, myself. :wavey: Btw, I have always meant to ask you - do you live in Maine? I'm in Boston and we travel up to Maine regularly - mostly Kennebunkport, to which I would like to retire (amongst other places). But I'd also need a house in California, I think - I need to be out of the cold in winter. Anyway, it's a gorgeous state.

@Dandi! How are you, sweetheart? I hope all is well with you in the GodZone! I'm glad you like my new baubles. And - I'm with you - I love color! So the peridot piece will be a big hit for me.Probably my anniversary gift - which will be a few months yet. Will be great to have it done, tho!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww - thank you so much, @Kim N! I've done my best and am very happy with them. They need some *tiny* tweaking, but this is basically *it*. Very happy.

@bling_dream19 - hallo Bling! I'm SO glad you like them! I feel as tho they're a paltry offering next to the avalanche of gorgeousness coming from you these days, but I'm happy with them. The whole set - especially when you add in the necklace - is...substantial, and it took me years to get here. These are my last big project, I think. I have 2 lockets to go - and the gold one will be...a lot - and one more ring - a Gloria Floria with a sapphire center. The peridot necklace is still to go, and a diamond necklace as well, which will be the most expensive piece of my remaining projects. But none of them compete with these earrings. So I feel as tho I'm *almost there*. Watch this space!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much, @marymm! I love that expression - nailed it! Because that is exactly what I was going for! I wanted to leave it all out on the floor with these - no corners cut, no stone left unturned. if you could see them in real life, I think you'd see the quality in them; they really are gorgeous and the light return is spectacular.

@OneKuhlChic - thank you so much! I don't think we've met before? Welcome to PS!

Awwwwww, @lulu_ma - you're so sweet! I thought I'd add some photos of all my top shelf earrings to this thread at some point, just for fun. It's been raining here in Boston for days now, but when we finally get a sunny day, I'll add a few pics of 'the fam' - it's a pretty combination. :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MrsBlue - thank you so much! I have a few pieces to go before my white metal collection is done (mostly necklaces, in fact) - but I'm getting there! Slowly, but getting there.... :wavey:

Awww- thank you, @DorotheaBrooke! I do my best! And your collection continues to look increasingly stunning! Gorgeous stuff!!

Thank you, @oncrutchesrightnow! And your profile photo is an ever-changing odyssey! I love it! Everyone should do it, actually, so we get to slowly work through everyone's collection! Keep 'em coming, please - it truly is enjoyable. :))

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi mrs-b!!
Or should I say mrs-b-Taylor? :lol:
Your new set is AMAZING!!! I loved the whole story and I love how you repurposed all of these beautiful stones to make something even more beautiful than the original.
Perfect scale for your ears. :love:
P.S. I hate ear shots too!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ally T - thank you, sweetness! My earlobes are so hard to 'dress' - studs, for instance, just aren't an option. I just don't get the coverage. To be honest - I bought my God-daughter a pair of custom hoops from DKJ for her 21st birthday (amongst sundry other things!) and they have an 'invisible' closure. They were so perfect, I ordered a pair for myself. They're 1", fairly fine, and I wear them every day - AND I sleep in them. They can rotate 360 degrees through my ear, they catch on nothing, they never open of drop or anything like that. They don't drag my ear down, they look both utilitarian and decorative - I mean - I LOVE these earrings. I received them almost 2 weeks ago now and I've taken them off ONCE - to try on my new cluster studs. Tried on the studs - took a few snaps...then hoops straight back on! Stand by for the fire sale in 2 years when I finally admit I haven't worn any other pair of earrings in all that time! These things are the BOMB!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - thank you, AG! If I hadn't received a couple of "...licious"s from you, I would have been broken hearted!! "Clusterlicious" - you bet your patootie!! :mrgreen::wavey::love:

@caolsen - that made me LAUGH! No. Definitely *not* a "cluster**ck"!! And I'm glad you like them. :))

Thank you, @Fabulous50. For me, with my lobes, earrings are all about proportion. I do like the way these sit on my lobes, for which I'm relived, as I was a little concerned how the trade between removing the bezel, but amping up the ctw would balance out in the end. I'm very happy, tho, so all is well. One small tweak to go, and we're done.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there, @Sparkles88! I always go for uncluttered/classic/feminine/timeless with my pieces, so your comment about them looking feminine definitely hit a note with me. Thank you! - I'm so glad you like them!

@dk168 - exactly. EXACTLY. Fire power. And cohesion. I hate dressing up but feeling as tho something doesn't *quite* go - the shoes are the 'wrong black', or the jewelry doesn't quite complement, or something does fit perfectly - all of that. So finishing this project was a relief, as much as anything. Glad to now have them in the fold!

@Rubies-R-Me - ok. So now I definitely want to change my PS name to Mrs-B-Taylor! I won't, tho, as I'm pretty sure some people wouldn't get the joke and might think I was serious. I kinda love it tho! Ooooh - I could call myself Mrs Bliz Taylor!! ("Call me Bliz for short...") LOL! (I've lost a lock on this thread at this point....). And YES! Don't you just hate ear shots?!! I always look like I have some sort of disease and have zero jawline. Whether this is true or not is irrelevant! I just don't want to LOOK like that! But I'm glad you like the earrings and the set in general - it's a beauty I think. :)) :wavey:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your cluster earrings are simply beautiful and perfect on your ears! Are the heavy? Will the be for everday wear? Your bling ROCKS!:kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are breathtaking! I was waiting for ear shots..You have beautiful earlobes! I don’t think I ever said that to someone..haha

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning earrings @mrs-b! :kiss2: They are beautifully made and great quality, and they look perfect on you. Congratulations on these beauties!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ally T - thank you, sweetness! My earlobes are so hard to 'dress' - studs, for instance, just aren't an option. I just don't get the coverage. To be honest - I bought my God-daughter a pair of custom hoops from DKJ for her 21st birthday (amongst sundry other things!) and they have an 'invisible' closure. They were so perfect, I ordered a pair for myself. They're 1", fairly fine, and I wear them every day - AND I sleep in them. They can rotate 360 degrees through my ear, they catch on nothing, they never open of drop or anything like that. They don't drag my ear down, they look both utilitarian and decorative - I mean - I LOVE these earrings. I received them almost 2 weeks ago now and I've taken them off ONCE - to try on my new cluster studs. Tried on the studs - took a few snaps...then hoops straight back on! Stand by for the fire sale in 2 years when I finally admit I haven't worn any other pair of earrings in all that time! These things are the BOMB!

Pictures of the most heavenly hoops that were ever constructed, please!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are just so pretty!!! And your earshots are the best. Congratulations on a very successful project.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooo pretty! They look amazing on you!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These are just gorgeous, @mrs-b! Blingy cluster-licious beauty and truly perfection!!

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
Your earrings are to die for and they look wonderful on your ears! The matching necklace makes me just sigh with pleasure. You are so creative and know just how to hit the right note of elegance. Wear this set in happiness!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results