shape
carat
color
clarity

New cluster earrings to match my cluster ring. Ka-POW!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A while back I had a bezel set cluster ring with a sapphire in it and an all-diamond cluster pair of earrings. The ring had a 2ct blue sapphire and 2.1ctw of side diamonds - all colorless, eye clean, individually certed and ideal cut. The earrings had colorless, eye clean centers, both Astor Ideal from Blue Nile, ideal specs, GORGEOUS diamonds - with side stones that were, I think, around...12 points each? More than 10 and less than 15. That's as much as I remember. They were colorless and well cut and definitely very clean.

Together, they were lovely.

But over time, the earrings made my ears ache and the sapphire wasn't the hue I wanted. So I pulled the ring apart, sold the sapphire, let the sides just sit for a while, dismantled the earrings, let those sides sit as well, and used the centers as side stones in my 3 stone ring (which I think everybody on Pricescope has seen!)

But then I upgraded the ring and the sides were back in a box again, just waiting.

But *then* - Good Old Gold had a GORGEOUS 1.51 G SI1 diamond for sale on their site, which I snapped up, given that it was, honestly, the whitest G I'd ever seen. It was STUNNING. I had it set back into the 2.1ctw of individually certed sides that were just sitting around (26-27 points per stone, E color, VS/VVS), and came up with one of the few perfect pieces of jewelry that I own; my cluster ring.

But I didn't have earrings that could hold a candle to them, so after a false start and then some back and forth, David Klass at DKJ sourced me some absolutely top shelf 20 point diamonds - colorless, VS, ideal cut - to return my .95 and .96ct Astor Ideals to earrings.

And so we did. :))

I also have a beautiful peridot - a gorgeous apple green - and some other diamonds, fleshed out by a couple more sourced by DKJ - to make a pendant, but that will be later on this year and will complete the set. For now, here are my new earrings - F colored VS2 centers, Astor Ideal, .95 and .96ct respectively, with individually sourced 20 point sides - E/F, VS, ideal cut - snapped by the jewelry paparazzi out and about with my cluster ring.

The set equals 8.7ctw and we'll be throwing in another 2ctw for the pendant. I'll probably wear them all with my diamond bangles (another 10 ctw) - so at that stage I'll be all sorts of "Look out Liz Taylor - here comes Mrs B!!"

Ok. Not really. But maybe those stats explain why I say I'm at an end of it with diamonds. For me, there's a limit. Not for everyone, granted - and have at it, I say! But for me....I just want to set what I have left then call it a day. I am one very lucky woman who has more than anyone has a right to expect, and certainly far more than I ever dreamed. And I'm very grateful. Time to start giving more back.

20220408_114927.jpg

20220408_115133.jpg

20220408_115211.jpg

20220408_115234.jpg

20220408_115406.jpg

20220408_115412.jpg

Last edited:

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my word - they are stunning! Honestly, better than I'd expected (and given it was your project, I had high expectations ;)2 ). Wear them in good health - and I'm so looking forward to your peridot project <3

ETA - I can't picture your sapphire ring that started this whole trajectory of the ideal project.... I must be loosing my mind, because I am familiar with so many of your pieces posted here. Lol

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Stunning!!!! WOW just WOW!

cheers--Sharon

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a couple of photos of the old set.

20181026_161557.jpg

20200712_112800.jpg

And this was the pendant. The center stone was a GOG Ascendancy, so I used that to upgrade to the new center stone in my ring. It was a beautifully cut stone, but it was an I SI2, and I wanted something better than that for my ring. The sides will ultimately be used in the new peridot pendant. I've bought 2 extras, so I have 10 now for the pendant, and it will be a nice size - the largest diameter of the set - 16mm in total. The whole set is in platinum.

20200712_112857.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A while back I had a bezel set cluster ring with a sapphire in it and an all-diamond cluster pair of earrings. The ring had a 2ct blue sapphire and 2.1ctw of side diamonds - all colorless, eye clean, individually certed and ideal cut. The earrings had colorless, eye clean centers, both Astor Ideal from Blue Nile, ideal specs, GORGEOUS diamonds - with side stones that were, I think, around...12 points each? More than 10 and less than 15. That's as much as I remember. They were colorless and well cut and definitely very clean.

Together, they were lovely.

But over time, the earrings made my ears ache and the sapphire wasn't the hue I wanted. So I pulled the ring apart, sold the sapphire, let the sides just sit for a while, dismantled the earrings, let those sides sit as well, and used the centers as side stones in my 3 stone ring (which I think everybody on Pricescope has seen!)

But then I upgraded the ring and the sides were back in a box again, just waiting.

But *then* - Good Old Gold had a GORGEOUS 1.51 G SI1 diamond for sale on their site, which I snapped up, given that it was, honestly, the whitest G I'd ever seen. It was STUNNING. I had it set back into the 2.1ctw of individually certed sides that were just sitting around (26-27 points per stone, E color, VS/VVS), and came up with one of the few perfect pieces of jewelry that I own; my cluster ring.

But I didn't have earrings that could hold a candle to them, so after a false start and then some back and forth, David Klass at DKJ sourced me some absolutely top shelf 20 point diamonds - colorless, VS, ideal cut - to return my .95 and .96ct Astor Ideals to earrings.

And so we did. :))

I also have a beautiful peridot - a gorgeous apple green - and some other diamonds, fleshed out by a couple more sourced by DKJ - to make a pendant, but that will be later on this year and will complete the set. For now, here are my new earrings - F colored VS2 centers, Astor Ideal, .95 and .96ct respectively, with individually sourced 20 point sides - E/F, VS, ideal cut - snapped by the jewelry paparazzi out and about with my cluster ring.

20220408_114927.jpg

20220408_115133.jpg

20220408_115211.jpg

20220408_115234.jpg

20220408_115406.jpg

20220408_115412.jpg

Gorgeous earrings that make the perfect set!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Oh my word! All perfection! Your pieces are so well thought out and beautifully crafted. Always a treat to see!

rungirl

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous earrings and gorgeous set!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So simple. So complex.
So stunning.
Love love love them.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Stunning! We need some ear shots!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous! Such a gorgeous set!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Fabulous!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am dead. These are SO beautiful, as always :kiss2:

Can I ask for an ear shot, so that I can see how stunning these look on you?

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crazy beautiful! I second the request for ear shots :razz:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous earrings and set, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
The angles of the clusters are just perfection and allows the center stones to still shine and be the main focus without them getting lost, which I feel often happens with clusters. These are DIVINE. Bravo on an amazing set that is sure to bring you joy and happiness in addition to the hard to achieve, completeness.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Herewith 3 almost identical, all crappy, photos of them in my ear.

Sigh. I hate ear shots the WORST. And, as I always say, if you are looking at these trying to get a sense of proportion for yourself, keep in mind - I have the largest earlobes on the face of the planet. Rabbits notwithstanding. These earrings are about 13.5mm in diameter - and that's allowing for a 1/2mm tilt. So - yeah. THE largest. ON THE PLANET.

20220408_165159.jpg

20220408_164905.jpg

20220408_165244.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So stunning, wear them with extreme joy and pleasure!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! Perfect!! They look smashing on you and are a fabulous addition to your delicious suite of jewels! I want to come play in your jewelry box!! :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look perfect on your ears! Very pretty - enjoy!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, these are just above and beyond. What an absolute knockout set!! And I'm super excited for the peridot now!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness, this is a stunning set! The most perfect clusters ever. And they look absolutely wonderful on you, mrs-b! :love:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE these earrings! The earrings are gorgeous on you! I can just see the sparkle! And I love a set and wow this is a spectacular set! I hope you feel like a million bucks wearing this gorgeous set!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nailed it mrs-b -- heirloom quality cluster earrings -- so spectacular and perfectly beautiful on your ears -- ka-POW indeed! -- enjoy!!

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous set... Your earrings are stunning!!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Perfection-and sooo white and bright! IF there was a Rent the PS, your collection would have a waitlist!

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
These are stunning and look absolutely perfect on your ears. Lovely proportions.

I'm huge fan of your white metals collection. So fluid, chic, and wearable. Congratulations on an amazing new addition!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results