shape
carat
color
clarity

New cluster earrings to match my cluster ring. Ka-POW!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I went out to lunch today and wore the whole cluster / diamond bangle set. Cheesy photos, I know - my apologies. Best I could do getting everything into the one shot.

20220409_155114.jpg

20220409_154833.jpg

20220409_155327.jpg

20220409_160803.jpg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Well, I hope I continue to, or my handle would be intentionally misspelled for the rest of time. It is very beautiful, though the weather can have an especially harsh edge.
I'm not entirely sure after, oh, the 17ish yrs I've been in this part of Northern New England that I could really be anywhere else. Maine's weird, I'm weird, it's a whole thing.:lol:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the additional pics. They are gorgeous. The perspective shots really show the impact. :kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b They are spectacular! :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ZestfullyBling - will they be for everyday wear? Good lord, no! I mean, I guess some people would, but that's just not a life I live. They're over 5ctw and they're somewhere between 13.5 and 14mm across - so that's a loooot of diamond bling! Most of my life is at home, gardening, playing with my dogs, housework, drs appointments and sleeping - interspersed with walking, yoga-ing and gym-ing. The idea of these getting clogged with sweat and grime is a bit nauseating! So these will be kept for times like today, when I went out to lunch with a nice PS friend who lives locally - @Hudson_Hawk. But thank you, Zesty, for thinking I could be anything APPROACHING that glamorous! :mrgreen:

Awwww - my earlobes and I thank you, @MamaBee!

That's lovely of you to say, @junebug17. :)) They really are fabulous quality - the type you rarely see as earrings - so I'm super chuffed and pleased with my decision to go with the best quality sides, rather than 'compromise and save a few bucks'. I'll have these forever.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ally T - you will be seriously disappointed with the hoops - I can assure you! They're plain 14kt yellow gold with no detail whatsoever! They're perfect because I can't feel them AT ALL and because I never have to take them out. I'm thinking about (and doesn't this just sound sooooo like me!) getting them made in rose and platinum as well! Maybe a smidge bigger - 1.25 inches, I think. I love them!! if you REALLY want a photo I'll take it - but no ear shots!! :eek2:

Thank you so much, @LLJsmom! I love these new beauties - they're very comfortable and NOT too heavy - ergo they addressed the issue with the previous clusters I owned. And the sparkle factor is OFF THE CHAIN!

Thank you, @Bonfire! And your avatar photo is spectacular!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww - thank you, @carbonfan! I'm VERY happy with them. They're surprisingly comfortable and significantly lighter than the previous bezel set iteration, so that's what I was looking for. I'm glad you like them!

@Mcgregor! Hallo! How are you? Are you feeling like me and just DEEPLY relieved with these more mild temperatures? I like April - but May is my favorite month and I'm looking forward to it so much! Thank you for your kind words re my new earrings! None of my photos go even close to doing them credit, so I can only assure you - they look even better in person! Hugs to you! :wavey:

@DiamondGal28 - what a lovely thing to say! Thank you so much - I'm very happy with how they turned out!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ItsMainelyYou - clearly, you've found your tribe with Maine! I don't mind weather with a harsh edge. it's weather with a harsh edge...6 months of the year that I dislike! How people in Canada, for example, do it, I don't even know!

@LLJsmom - I just can't get a close up straight on shot! Consequently, they always look smaller than they do in real life. They're very substantial - and I'm GOOD with that! I'm glad you like them! :wavey:

Thank you, @MamaBee - I try. :))

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Such a gorgeous set. They look beautiful on you. Hope you enjoy them and wear them in good health for many years.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ally T - you will be seriously disappointed with the hoops - I can assure you! They're plain 14kt yellow gold with no detail whatsoever! They're perfect because I can't feel them AT ALL and because I never have to take them out. I'm thinking about (and doesn't this just sound sooooo like me!) getting them made in rose and platinum as well! Maybe a smidge bigger - 1.25 inches, I think. I love them!! if you REALLY want a photo I'll take it - but no ear shots!! :eek2:

Thank you so much, @LLJsmom! I love these new beauties - they're very comfortable and NOT too heavy - ergo they addressed the issue with the previous clusters I owned. And the sparkle factor is OFF THE CHAIN!

Thank you, @Bonfire! And your avatar photo is spectacular!!

Not being able to feel you are wearing something is such a good sign. But you know me.... I want an ear shot :kiss2:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I went out to lunch today and wore the whole cluster / diamond bangle set. Cheesy photos, I know - my apologies. Best I could do getting everything into the one shot.

20220409_155114.jpg

20220409_154833.jpg

20220409_155327.jpg

20220409_160803.jpg

And the bangles are.... just exquisite.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@rainydaze! How nice to see you! I was thinking of you the other day and wondering how you were; we don't see you that much these days and your lovely personality is missed. I'm glad you like the earrings - I do too. :))

Aw hey @mrs-b ! You brought a smile to my heart. Overall I have been well, but I do have three teens.... 'nuff said. :lol: Been fielding some heavier stuff lately so I have had low energy reserves for much else, but I am still around, getting bling fixes and enjoying the lighter topics 'round here. How have *you* been doing lately? I had noticed a while back that you weren't around as much yourself, and checked the NIRDI thread hoping you were there and all was well, and was saddened to read some of what you have been going through. Your incredible spirit shines bright always (like your fabulous diamonds!), but I can only imagine how draining a run it's been for you lately.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Calliecake. :)) I'm very happy with them - as any girl should be, with a big pair of diamond earrings! :mrgreen:

Thank you so much, @rcjtraveler. Diamonds are one thing - but good health is a whole other level, so thank you, sincerely, for your kind wishes.

@Ally T - the bangles *are* exquisite and I've been thinking of a third for a while now. They're not cheap, tho, so....we'll see. And OF COURSE you want an ear shot! I love you dearly, but you're a menace! I'll see what I can do. :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw hey @mrs-b ! You brought a smile to my heart. Overall I have been well, but I do have three teens.... 'nuff said. :lol: Been fielding some heavier stuff lately so I have had low energy reserves for much else, but I am still around, getting bling fixes and enjoying the lighter topics 'round here. How have *you* been doing lately? I had noticed a while back that you weren't around as much yourself, and checked the NIRDI thread hoping you were there and all was well, and was saddened to read some of what you have been going through. Your incredible spirit shines bright always (like your fabulous diamonds!), but I can only imagine how draining a run it's been for you lately.

What a lovely post - thanks for touching base and the catch-up. :wavey: Three teens will do it to you, for sure! I'm sorry for the 'heavier stuff' you've been carrying lately, and hope it moves past you and leaves you in good health and peace - both you and your family. And bling fixes are always a good thing, I think. :))

My Crohn's disease, tho improved since I started on Humira, continues to give me stick. I'm doing what I can to keep my head above water, but it's a lot of work. My back, too, which I had operated on 17 years ago, has been having a rough go of it, and I've been recommended for spinal fusion. But my insurance has turned it down twice because I haven't tried steroid injections - which I *can't* do, due to their effects on my blood glucose. So they're demanding something I just can't do. Thanks guys. Awesome. :roll2: 2.5 years ago it was cancer (6 monthly check up on Monday - always terrifying), and some weird inflammation thing in 2020 that has left me with scaring in my stomach and off-the-charts acid, which is, quite literally, a pain in the gut. So it's a lot and it's basically been illness and intermittent strong pain for about 3 years now, which is exhausting and, in turn, sets of my Crohn's - and round and round we go. But I can do gentle exercise (and do), 6 times a week, I still live a normal life, and recently leased a beautiful townhouse in California to get me out of the MA cold and into the Cali heat, which is good for my Crohn's. So I go back and forth between the two - which I love, because I have friends and my God-kids in LA and I love the weather - and also hate, because it takes me away from my DH and my dogs, and the regular relocation, which can make me feel a tad disorientated.

But as a woman I once knew said to me - "It could be worse, Mrs-B, we could be ugly." Or even worse - I could have ugly jewelry! Wouldn't *THAT* be awful! So, on balance, I'm a very fortunate woman and more than content with my lot in life. Thanks for checking in and asking after me, and I still think regularly - both of you, and of the gorgeous ring in your avatar!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @MissGotRocks! In the final analysis, it's all in the wearing, isn't it? They sit on my ear perfectly and are substantially lighter than the previous iteration using these center stones. So - Mission Accomplished, I think!

@ItsMainelyYou - Mary is a genius. Clearly. And I'm so glad you like them - I think they're pretty perfect, myself. :wavey: Btw, I have always meant to ask you - do you live in Maine? I'm in Boston and we travel up to Maine regularly - mostly Kennebunkport, to which I would like to retire (amongst other places). But I'd also need a house in California, I think - I need to be out of the cold in winter. Anyway, it's a gorgeous state.

@Dandi! How are you, sweetheart? I hope all is well with you in the GodZone! I'm glad you like my new baubles. And - I'm with you - I love color! So the peridot piece will be a big hit for me.Probably my anniversary gift - which will be a few months yet. Will be great to have it done, tho!

Ooh I can't wait! We're good here thank you, much much better after a week with The Rona. And wow, did it ever suck! Hope you and yours are all well. What number anniversary will this year be? The peridot project sounds like the perfect way to celebrate!

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ahhh, @mrs-b :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:
These earrings are perfection!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh I can't wait! We're good here thank you, much much better after a week with The Rona. And wow, did it ever suck! Hope you and yours are all well. What number anniversary will this year be? The peridot project sounds like the perfect way to celebrate!

Hi @Dandi. :))

This next one will be 38. And together a year and a half before we married. So at this point, we've been together 39 years. I actually prefer to celebrate the day we met, rather than the day we married, because it was *that* day that my life changed forever. So, next year will be the 40th anniversary of us meeting and I'd like to do something special, tho I don't know what. I'm thinking I'll do a sapphire ring - my DH's birthstone - which I've had in the back of my mind for some time, as a commemorative piece of jewelry. But we'll probably go on a vacation as well. A nice one. But we'll see how it plays out.

I'm glad you're feeling better! And I hope your week with Rona at least gives you some good immunity that you can enjoy for at least a few months! Big hugs to you!

Last edited:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set @mrs-b ! So very classic and wearable. :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Clean & classic. These are such a perfect size & you can't go wrong with a plain hoop :kiss2: Thanks for showing them!

You're very welcome, dear girl. :))

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another Ka-POW for @mrs-b! I am so glad you went for the top-shelf stones - you won't regret it!

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock

20220409_155114.jpg

20220409_154833.jpg

20220409_155327.jpg

20220409_160803.jpg

So so beautiful!!!

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
@ZestfullyBling - will they be for everyday wear? Good lord, no! I mean, I guess some people would, but that's just not a life I live. They're over 5ctw and they're somewhere between 13.5 and 14mm across - so that's a loooot of diamond bling! Most of my life is at home, gardening, playing with my dogs, housework, drs appointments and sleeping - interspersed with walking, yoga-ing and gym-ing. The idea of these getting clogged with sweat and grime is a bit nauseating! So these will be kept for times like today, when I went out to lunch with a nice PS friend who lives locally - @Hudson_Hawk. But thank you, Zesty, for thinking I could be anything APPROACHING that glamorous! :mrgreen:

Your daily life actually sounds a lot like mine. I say wear these beauties whenever you want - the Ultrasonic is there to deal with the dirt and grime!! :)

I love your photos - looking fabulous!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

20220409_155114.jpg

20220409_154833.jpg

20220409_155327.jpg

20220409_160803.jpg

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!! Your jewellery is sublime, but you are the true gem here...you are simply fabulous. Your skin is absolutely GLORIOUS :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @Ally66 - I can't imagine something better for me, to be honest. So I'm very happy with them. :))

Thank you, @icy_jade! I *always* go for classic, because I simply can't afford to do re-sets every time fashion changes. So I need things that will last a lifetime - both in their function, but also in their form. I'm glad you like them. :wavey:

@Ally T - I love them; they're sooo comfy! I do think I can pump them up in size just a trifle, tho. If I do platinum and rose gold ones, they'll probably be a 1/4" larger - which doesn't sound like much, but visually just makes them that tad bit more interesting. Enjoy your vacation!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Gussie - I'm glad I went all the way with the side stones, definitely. There will be no more upgrades on these - either in quality or in size. These are DONE.

Awwww - thank you, @springerspaniel! I felt very glamorous, to be sure!

@DorotheaBrooke - as always, photos affect the way the proportions of things and make these look more discreet than they actually are. In real life, they're VERY sparkly and have much more visual presence. In the photos above, they look a *lot* smaller than the ring. But as you can see in the photos on the first page, they're smaller, definitely, but not actually that much smaller, and in real life, they're very substantial. I wouldn't wear these as day-to-day earrings because they just look too glitzy to me for that, and there's just too much of a disparity between these and very casual clothes. It's not a case of being too shy to wear them daily - not at all! To my eye, they just don't go, and besides, I love hoops above all things for earrings. Hoops and pearl studs are my absolute favorites, and I would LOVE a pair of @molinePDG pearls, but I think I need to get together about 6k at least for what I want (9.5-10mm gem quality). Sigh. It's endless, isn't it?

@Dandi - I'm 61 years old, and turning 62 soon! I bless my mother for my good skin! Thank you, Mum!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock

20220409_155114.jpg

20220409_154833.jpg

20220409_155327.jpg

20220409_160803.jpg

Omg you look like a jewelry model!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results