shape
carat
color
clarity

My new beauty - 4.01 J VS1 in Erika Winters' Margot

Platinum-blonde

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You're right, I haven't done a thread on it. I felt weird doing so, since it's preloved, but maybe I should. I don't think that the lovely person I bought it from did either.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie, it's absolutely TO DIE FOR and that EW setting makes it all the more special.

What can I say??? Delighted for you, it's amazing!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie
On behalf of all PS members, I am formally requesting many more pics of this masterpiece. :halo: :kiss2:

teslagirl1234

Shiny_Rock
Trade
We went with a high-polish finish but I wanted a little of Erika's signature brushed finish somewhere... That the shields are finished differently is entirely unnoticeable in-person unless you're looking for it and I adore this little detail :love:

Shields.png

And this I couldn't help but laugh at! After all that exacting attention to detail, interior and exterior... here's the marker's mark. It didn't occur to me that she might not use a fancy monogram - and its absence is somehow completely endearing ::)

MarkersMark.png

One last one of my EW staples. Studs are 5.4ctw J RBs in Grace-inspired custom settings: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...nters-jewels-by-grace-custom-settings.215121/

Suite.png

Wow! Gorgeous together!

KiloSierra

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@yssie How on earth did I miss your gorgeous set?! Oh. My. Land. It’s amazing!!!!

That stone in that setting!! Droolorama. I love how you chose a more vintage styled setting. The combo is striking! And paired with those bands is a dreamy set! You’re collection is gorgeous.

How is the brushed finish wearing for you? I currently have both rings being a brushed finish and haven’t seen anyone post a platinum brushed knife edged set yet!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Maisie - A very late thank you!!

I did have a lab ruby set into the RDG! I'm loving the colour combination - the rich red is perfect in that setting :love: but I'm not thrilled with the setting job :(sad I'm planning to take it in for some tweaking next weekend. Photos will follow! :bigsmile:

A late but heartfelt thank you for your lovely comments to you as well @hearts-arrows_girl!! ::)

A full year later... I still adore everything about this ring, and there's still absolutely nothing I'd change :kiss2: I honestly don't believe I've ever felt that way about a ring before! :geek2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Platinum-blonde I completely understand if you'd prefer not to start a thread ::) I'll admit my request was wholly selfish: I'd love to see more photos of your beautiful piece :love: and its journey to you isn't something I'd think to wonder about - but of course you should do only what you're comfortable with, and it's entirely up to you! :appl:Thank you again for stopping by my thread :))

@Lorelei thank you so much!! :mrgreen2:

@msop04 I really do owe this thread an update or two :halo: I may have decided Lily's getting lonely and reached out to Erika about adding Viola to the family... :whistle::bigsmile:

Thank you @teslagirl1234!! :bigsmile:

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@KiloSierra thank you!! I'm not used to being so satisfied with my ring... :roll2: it's been a year now and it's still the picture of perfection to me! I do hope to add another band or two to the stack this year :sun:

The finish on both Margot and Lily is holding up wonderfully! Lily's concave shoulders protect the delicate brush - a benefit I realised only after I'd started wearing it. My Margot is high-polish all over except on the shields: I wanted a sample of Erika's signature finish somewhere on the ring, but I knew brushed finishes tend to show wear more visibly; the shield detail was the perfect location - slightly inset from the doughnut and very well protected ::)

Here are a couple of (very un-glamorous!!) pics showing a year of use in (acutely unflattering!!) detail. I specifically requested PT 950/Ru for its scratch-resistance, and from normal viewing distance the ring remains blazingly shiny, but the toll that regular wear has taken on the previously-pristine finish is visible in close-up. The unavoidable price of enjoying the piece... that I'm more than happy to pay, but I do rather wish there was some miracle metal that would let me have my cake and eat it too :geek2::mrgreen2:

FINAL_1_12.png

KEEP5_12.png

Edit - pics were taken with an iPhone and a loupe as both cameras are currently having parts replaced ;(

Last edited:

KiloSierra

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@yssie I won’t ever tire of more photos of your delicious pieces!! So beautiful!

That gallery is so unique, I love all the thoughtful detail and the different finishes!

I had Jonathan do the brushed satin finish on the solitaire and matching band - am hoping that it was a good decision. I haven’t been able to find many photos of a brushed platinum set.

P

Petalouda

Your ring is absolutely stunning. One of the most beautiful solitaires I have ever seen. I adore Erika Winter’s work.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much, again, @KiloSierra ::)

I just went back through your RT thread. The design is lovely - clean and graceful :love: it will be fabulous brushed!! I think a brushed or matte finish makes milgrain really stand out - that centerline will steal the shank show :bigsmile:

I’m looking forward to seeing brought to life!

@Petalouda thank you ::)

Erika’s designs are truly inimitable. I love this ring just as much as I did when I first got it, and there’s nothing I’d change about it... and I’ve honestly never felt that way about a ring before :bigsmile:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every time this thread comes to the top of the feed, I have to look at it! Your ring is my all time favorite on ps. It is perfection. Simple stunning perfection.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: Stunning ring!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh @ceg, thank you love!! ::)

Thank you @JPie, @teslagirl1234!!

I've been travelling for several days - just got home yesterday. A lovely PSer had reached out to me whilst I was on the road to ask how I felt about Margot after living with her for several months... I wrote (quite honestly!) that I love her as much now as I did when she was brand new to me, and added that I'd like to upgrade my stone one day - and that when I did, the new stone would be going into this same setting.

Then I got home. And put my beloved ring back on. And all thoughts of upgrading flew out the window. This stone still takes my breath away. And this setting, with exactly these proportions, is just... so perfect for me.

Turns out there are cures to even the worst cases of both Diamond Shrinkage and Serial Reset Syndromes :mrgreen2:

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I turn 60 in a little under 2 years and I'm pretty committed to another diamond bangle and a trip to Paris.

And then I look at this thread and I'm all "bigger studs ahoy!!"

This thread is addictive.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread is addictive.

Yes, yes it is, in the best possible way IMO ... love love love this thread and other similar PS threads ... so much fun, so much beauty, so much diamond! :clap:

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Just stumbled upon this thread. @yssie - your ring is to die for with the beautiful details of your setting. Your band is also beautiful. Simple yet elegant. What a perfect combo. Your photo skills are amazing, as well ;-).

FireMonkey

Shiny_Rock
I'm so late to this party, but HAVE to chime in and say: holy damn cow! :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A year since my last update, two and a half years since acquisition - and I adore both my magical Margot and my lovely Lily as much as ever :kiss2:

Darling @mrs-b - Something tells me you'll be ringing your 60th in with pomp and circumstance :kiss2:

“Bigger” for the sake of bigger has never been your Thing - your collection is meticulously planned and conscientiously curated... And I so admire your ability to work with what #Life has thrown your way - Paris and a diamond bangle would make a sumptuous duo and I can’t wait to see them come to fruition :mrgreen2:

@marymm Thank you!! Goodness, I’m certainly happy to feed a jewellery addiction :mrgreen2:
:geek2:

Thank you so much @Dmndsr4evr11 !! I love this ring. It is honestly the first mount I’ve ever had that hasn’t made me yearn for something more, something different :kiss2:

Thank you so much for the kind comment on the photos! I love taking pictures of jewellery and Erika’s pieces have such bright, clear voices - I feel like all I’ve got to do is record what they’re saying :kiss2:

@FireMonkey Thank you! :mrgreen2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few photos of my beloved Lily and my single cut eternity from Leon Mege - I usually wear these with a skinny RG spacer. Lily's brushed fininsh has held up to two years of weekly wear wondefully :kiss2:

LILY_SG_3.png

- - - - - - - - - -

LILY_SG_1.png

- - - - - - - - - -

LILY_SG_2.png

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your rings and earrings are stunningly beautiful but your photography skills are also amazing! What cameras and lighting set ups do you use?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings and earrings are stunningly beautiful but your photography skills are also amazing! What cameras and lighting set ups do you use?
Thank you so much!!

Re. Photos - I'm a Canon girl :kiss2: For the past couple of years I've been using my little G7X Mark II for all my jewellery photos.

My setup is almost embarrasingly basic :oops2: The G7X is really a glorified P&S - it isn't outfitted for lenses or filters, so I've got this attachment and some step-up/down adapters for my filters (I pretty much only ever use ND, polarizing, and macro).
https://lensmateonline.com/collecti...pter-kit-52mm-by-lensmate?variant=39888528524

My preferred lighting is direct sunlight - diffused with layers of white tissue of needed. I don't use a tripod and I like to keep ISO at lowest available setting, so having an environment that's bright enough to keep the lens reasonably fast is a sanity-saver! I do normally use a very wide aperture, 1.8-3.2, which also helps. Yesterday's weather was doom and gloom so those pics were taken at f/2.2, ISO 400 (ick), and shutter 1/6 and holding my breath trying not to move :mrgreen2: Honestly I think the best pics in this thread are on Pg5; I don't imagine I'll top 'Lily under daisies' - but I'll keep trying! ::)

Last edited:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is absolutely stunning in every way! The stone is unbelievable, the setting is fit for a queen yet perfect for daily wear. Love everything about it! Do you have a thread on those amazing earrings that you have in the pics with the ring? The settings are amazing. I'd love to see them in more detail :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
And my deluge ::)
... I just noticed that I chose exactly the same flowers in exactly the same colours for my backgrounds of loose and set, a full year apart. I'm consistent with myself at least? :halo:

F_A1.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

F_A2.png

F_A3.png

F_A4.png

Well, you have absolutely impeccable taste! After falling down a rabbit hole and learning about pearls thanks to you, I got to wondering about your engagement ring. And I was very pleased to see you have one of my HG dream settings! Seriously you have the best taste. Absolutely love it!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, you have absolutely impeccable taste! After falling down a rabbit hole and learning about pearls thanks to you, I got to wondering about your engagement ring. And I was very pleased to see you have one of my HG dream settings! Seriously you have the best taste. Absolutely love it!

That’s so sweet @diamondyes! Thank you!! ❤️

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Timeless beauty!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
@yssie- so excited to see this old post again to see your gorgeous rings and earrings. I remember commenting on your other post about your setting and totally forgot that I’ve commented on this post way back. Love, love your jewels!!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Years later and I’m still loving this thread…and your Margot!❤
You have exquisite taste in jewelry and mad photography skills, @yssie !! Might we see latest pics of your Margot and how you‘ve been wearing her lately? Please? Thanks in advance!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results