clarity

My new beauty - 4.01 J VS1 in Erika Winters' Margot

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This Is PERFECTION!!!!!!

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
For future reference, what size (mm and/or pointer) are the side stones that you weren't able to use? I really like the look of a larger stone flanked by significantly smaller stones, but like you, I don't want adjacent fingers to be squished by the accent stones.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
its AMAZING.. congratulations!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry for some very late replies - the past couple of months have been hectic!!

Loreal - Oh my goodness, thank you!! Two months later, still over the moon with her... I'll take the win :D

Zest - Thank you!! I adore this stone and the setting is just... so perfect for it ::)

Thank you MSOP!!!

MGR - I owe the RDG some camera time!! I've had the peachy spinel in her for a few months... and to be honest I just don't love the combination. The setting is too bold, too caricatured a representation of some whimsical reality to house such a subtle, mellow colour. I had a lab-created ruby shipped out a couple of days ago and I love it - it'd look like the sort of ring Alice might have found in Wonderland... Sadly I'm not going to be able to buy a 9mm in that colour any time soon! :halo: So I'll most likely reset with the synthetic for a few years.

I'm not sure lab-grown coloured stones are permitted on PS though, so I guess those pictures will have to happen sooner rather than later!! :rodent:

apacherose - Thank you!!! This MRB is absolutely everything I want in a modern round - thick juicy mains, tiny table reflection, big bold flashes of colour 8-) and the antique-y setting works so well, somehow... and the flawless finish still takes my breath away... :love:

Dandi - You are a sweetheart ::) Thank you!! I'm so happy to say with complete honesty that I love everything about it too - I've not felt that way about a new piece and it's a terrible feeling, but being able to say it and still mean it months later is wonderful!!

carbonfan - Thank you!! Erika's designs flow so well and her workmanship is absolute perfection :love: I confess, I do especially enjoy wearing this ring with my EW studs - I love knowing all my jewellery is by the same designer - and I had no idea that was something I cared about at all before this!! :D

hearts - Thank you so much!! She's such a pleasure to photograph - not a bad angle to be found!! I had to wait a few days for the sun to come out and when that finally happened - well, some three hours later I had a significant other who wasn't particularly happy about being ignored for half the afternoon and nearly a thousand photos to sort :geek:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pearaffair - Would you believe that this is my first ever non-custom ring? :halo: Having had both wonderful custom experiences and not-so-great custom experiences... I definitely agree with you re. being wary of it if there are satisfactory alternatives! Since Erika had no multi-stone rings in her portfolio I'd planned on another custom piece out of necessity, but once I learnt that the aesthetic I was looking for just wasn't possible any need for custom evaporated!

In my case since I'd already had an excellent custom experience with Erika I had a good idea of what to expect going in and I knew this project would have been in good hands, but there honestly isn't a thing about Margot I'd change :love:

minimountains - Thank you!!!

Thank you Mikla!! ::) I'm thrilled with her!!

ringcat - Thank you!! I very much hope to :D

I've found that if I'm going to get reset angst it usually sets in around the end of the first month... :whistle: So I'm taking the fact that I still love her every bit as much as I did when I first opened the box as a very good sign!! :rodent:

Madison - Thank you!! The diamond was a bit of a miracle find - and I'm so glad I waited on choosing a final setting for as long as I did!! I'd always thought I wasn't a solitaire girl, wearing a temp made me realise that wasn't actually the case and opened up a world of setting possibilities :love: and taking the pressure off choosing one sure does seem to have paid off! :D

february - Thank you love! ::)

tkyasx78 - Thank you!!!

Niel - I know!! :confused: And not only did I not go custom - I think I made the right choice! Talk about paradigm shift :D

Thank you!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EC8 - Thank you!! ::)

Erika's workshop does both handforging and casting - my earrings (for which I did receive CADs) were partially hand-forged and partially cast. I don't actually know how my Margot was manufactured though! For me personally... after multiple experiences with both casting and hand-forging I've learnt that the method of manufacture just isn't important to me: I'm particular about design, workmanship, longevity, and quality of finish, but I'm comfortable letting my vendor decide how to best achieve those goals. I know not everyone feels that way though! I'd always recommend an explicit discussion about what's important to you up-front, especially when working with a new vendor 8-)

CinqueTerre - Thank you!!!

Judy - Thank you so much love ::) The whittling sure doesn't come easy sometimes!! :read: I'm irredeemably a creature of habit and extensive collections like many of our fellow PSers have put together would be wasted on me :( I've been following m2b's culling-the-collection example and I'm really, really happy with where I am now - the jewellery box is mostly empty but I love and cherish the pieces I have :love:

My WF eternity came in several weeks ago and it's perfect!! But I'm the dolt who's already managed to loosen two stones so it'll have to go back for some TLC :cry:

We are in total agreement re. choosing stones!!! I owe you an email - I'm looking forward to hearing about what you decided!! :appl:

ABKIS - You made me laugh out loud, thank you!! ::)

Thank you ceg!!

skhii - Thank you again!!

The sidestones I bought are 19pts each - 3.70x3.72mm and 3.66x3.69mm, and my center is 10.04x10.11mm. Erika explained that even with the sides angled and tucked under the centerstone, thanks to the minimum angle subtended by the centerstone (due to its depth/height off the finger) the visual horizontal finger coverage would be 100% or greater - which I didn't want. I LOVE the look of a large center flanked by sides small enough to be called "accents" - as long as you can see skin on both sides of the end-stones! (Nitpicky, nitpicky, I know! :D) I posted these pics that might help provide more context in another thread
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...es-yssie-ds-and-all-other-fans.213919/page-15

With a lineup of 3.5/4/4.5/5/5.5mm CZs:
3.jpeg

With 4mm CZs:
2.jpeg 1.jpeg

blingmeupscotty - Thank you!! :D

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In other news - I finally made some decisions re. bands! 8-) I'm waiting on an EW Lily in platinum with lower-coloured single-cut melee to match my Margot, hopefully I'll have an update for this thread soon :love:

I was also gifted a gorgeous 1.6mm bright-cut eternity by Leon Mege that I thought might pair nicely - the style is a perfect match but the stock single cuts are noticeably whiter, even in this tiny size, so I spoke with Leon earlier today and he's going to source lower-coloured watch-quality single cuts for a lower-coloured duplicate :appl: I have a 1.8mm antique channel band with single cuts that are noticeably more tinted and that match my J much better, but the stones are also quite a bit larger - I'm very curious to see how much visual difference the melee colour will make in two otherwise-identical bands!! ::)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait... are you changing the setting to something with the accent stones??

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait... are you changing the setting to something with the accent stones??

Nope! Those are from when I originally thought I wanted a three-stone. I don't know what I'll do with the accents... hoard them!! :D

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope! Those are from when I originally thought I wanted a three-stone. I don't know what I'll do with the accents... hoard them!! :D

I was about to say, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"

Glad you're not resetting. LOL

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
2A.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2B.png

2C.png

2D.png

2E.png

2F.png
Gorgeous rock!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lily's home ::)
Pt 950/Ru with Erika's signature finish
Lower-coloured single-cut melee, 24 stones for 0.06ctw - tiny!!

Lily-Set1-1.png

Lily-Set1-2.png

Lily-Set1-3.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lily-Set2-1.png

Lily-Set2-2-2.png

Lily-Set2-3.png

Lily-Set2-4.png

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lily-Set3-1A.png

Lily-Set3-2.png

Lily-Set3-3.png

Lily-Set3-4.png

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Another perfect piece. Love it so much. Your photos are always so phenomenal too. Jewelers need to hire you!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lily-Set3-1A.png

Lily-Set3-2.png

Lily-Set3-3.png

Lily-Set3-4.png

Simplicity can be so beautiful! Your Lily band is so elegant and sets off your (absolutely stunning) Margot beautifully well. I love the combination!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Yessie! Your set just keeps getting more amazing! Those wedding bands with your ering are just perfection!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lily is a stunning addition to your amazing set. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photo's. I love the combinations you showed. Which is your favourite? You have a very versatile set.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have exquisite taste. I love everything you have, but the margot is one of my favorite settings. Perfection.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie, You have one of the most beautiful rings on Pricescope.. The new bands compliment your ring perfectly. STUNNING!!!!

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous set! Your photography is divine, as usual. Who made your brightcut pave bands, and are they low-colored single cuts, too?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
*Gasp* LOVE the new pics yssie!!!! :love::love::love: Your ring is perfection and your pics totally show it! the bands complement your ering perfectly too :appl:

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OOOO, the set is LOVELY!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@CravingDiamonds Thank you!!

@athenaworth Thank you love ::)

I had a wonderful time taking these pics! The brushed finish looks like... Some sort of very fine silken threading, it glows in sunlight :love: and I actually didn't notice the directionality of the brush until I took these photos! I just hope I don't destroy the finish too quickly :geek:

@lissyflo Thank you! I was debating between Lily in Pt or YG - I conservatively chose platinum, thinking that adding a new colour on top of the difference in style and finish might be too much, and I'm so glad I did as they work so well together IRL! 8-) I think a different colour probably would have been too much.

@tyty333 Thank you!! I've never done much in the way of stacking before - my old rings generally had a lot going on by themselves, so I kept bands as plain as possible... I'm really enjoying this new-to-me world of stacking bands!! :love:

Thank you @acaw2015!! :D

@Acinom Thank you!! I was just writing earlier that I'm quite new to stacking - my older rings were all much busier designs, so I've never really had the chance to wear multiple bands before. I see why people enjoy it so much!!! It's such a quick and cost-effective way to completely alter today's aesthetic :read:

My favourite combo is Margot with a plain band, or Lily with one of the brightcut bands on days without the E-ring. To be honest the latter is what I reach for most days 8-) a low-key, low-maintenance spot of bling ::)

@soxfan Thank you!! Margot is definitely my most beloved piece - I couldn't adore her more :love:

@Calliecake Oh wow, thank you!! I'm so flattered you'd think that!!

I am loving these new bands - finding Margot some friends was the perfect excuse :rodent: so far I've got the two pave bands by Leon and a couple of vintage ruby bands and I'm really looking forward to adding some of these and these and maybe these...

@Skhii Thank you, again!! ::) The brightcut bands are by Leon Mege - both are Pt, 1.6mm, with singe-cut melee. One of the bands is made with his stock (colourless) single cuts and for the other he special-ordered a lower coloured parcel.

I was initially concerned that "low-colour" would also mean less well cut and of poorer clarity, as I know melee parcels are often sorted as generically 'higher-' and 'lower-quality', but he assured me all stones would be watch-quality stuff and he certainly came through! Both bands sparkle like mad.

I plan to post a comparison of these two bands on PS soon :read: "Does melee colour matter?" and "do single cuts match lower-coloured centerstones better?" are two of the most common questions we see in RT and I just happen to have two otherwise identical bands by a master craftsman! For me the answer to both is definitely "yes!" :D

@junebug17 Thank you love! ::) I've been completely converted to the philosophy of the stack!! 8-) Just switch out yesterday's band and toss in something new and it looks like a completely different set that makes a completely different statement :love:

I would love to add some bright colours next... Oh, the possibilities... :whistle:

Thank you @Yimmers!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Jealousy is a terrible thing......I MUST STOP looking that this thread!!!:mrgreen2:

cheers--Sharon

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GOD, this is so perfect! <if my damn emojis worked, you'd see lots of hearts as eyeballs>

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just gorgeous Yssie! Love the new band with the solitaire and also sandwiched between the other two bands. Gives you lots of versatility - wear them all in health and happiness!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PERFECT BANDS to complement your solitaire.:love::love::love::love::love: They are just stunning. The whole set needs to be on an ad.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is sheer perfection the Lily looks amazing with it!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results