shape
carat
color
clarity

My new beauty - 4.01 J VS1 in Erika Winters' Margot

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the bands complete it perfectly!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhhhh this is why I need to hop onto PS proper more often!!! What a stone!!!! What a setting!!! WOW! I love this so much! It's simply perfect.

Hope you are doing well, haven't caught up with you in forever!

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
[

@Skhii Thank you, again!! ::) The brightcut bands are by Leon Mege - both are Pt, 1.6mm, with singe-cut melee. One of the bands is made with his stock (colourless) single cuts and for the other he special-ordered a lower coloured parcel.

I was initially concerned that "low-colour" would also mean less well cut and of poorer clarity, as I know melee parcels are often sorted as generically 'higher-' and 'lower-quality', but he assured me all stones would be watch-quality stuff and he certainly came through! Both bands sparkle like mad.

I plan to post a comparison of these two bands on PS soon :read: "Does melee colour matter?" and "do single cuts match lower-coloured centerstones better?" are two of the most common questions we see in RT and I just happen to have two otherwise identical bands by a master craftsman! For me the answer to both is definitely "yes!" :D

No wonder the workmanship is so fine and matches with your Lily band so well-- Leon made it! I would have had the same initial concern you had about lower color melee, but I'm happy to hear that high-end watch-quality single cuts exist in both higher and lower colors. I am looking forward to your next thread! Comparison posts are my favorite! :geek2:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lily's home ::)
Pt 950/Ru with Erika's signature finish
Lower-coloured single-cut melee, 24 stones for 0.06ctw - tiny!!

Lily-Set1-1.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lily-Set1-2.png

Lily-Set1-3.png
This is my favorite new set! I absolutely love the Lily band. It's my favorite EW band from her collection! Beautiful!!!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favourite combo is Margot with a plain band, or Lily with one of the brightcut bands on days without the E-ring. To be honest the latter is what I reach for most days 8-) a low-key, low-maintenance spot of bling ::)
You have that beauty and she's not on your finger every single day? :eek-2: :o :eek-2:
That stack is a pretty gorgeous low-maintenance alternative though! I've always loved the Lily and she's a perfect complement to the Margot!

Tarrotka

Rough_Rock
Love everything about your gorgeous ring! :lickout: Just perfect! You are a great photographer, Yssie!

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is very beautiful.

memorystation

Rough_Rock
Lily-Set3-1A.png

Lily-Set3-2.png

Lily-Set3-3.png

Lily-Set3-4.png

OMG. I love everything! The design of the ring and band are matched seamlessly.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
This entire set.. start to finish.. blew my mind...:love: :appl: congratulations!!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Omg your set has so much personality! I love the E-W band, gorgeous. LM..gorgeous.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:roll2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

xcacaox

Rough_Rock
That is so!!! gorgeous!!! Congratulations!
I'm a huge fan of Erika Winters too... so I really like what you did here... hehehe.:kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few late-night snaps of two of my trio-to-be of rings ::) The CS is an 8.7mm peachy pink spinel by Gene that Erika set into my old RDG setting. Both these settings are works of art :love:

SAT_0.png

SAT_1.png

SAT_3.png

This. There are absolutely no words.

<adoreadoreadoreadoreadoreadoreadoreadoreadore>

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Wow. Just Wow. yssie, your patience and time paid off. That is one stunning stone!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie, coming back to look at your Margot. It’s so beautiful. Hope you are still loving it!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, msop04, arkieb1, bright ice, Scandinavian, Tarrotka, CravingDiamonds, memorystation, blingmeupscotty, ccuheartnurse, KKJohnson, mrs-b, NOYFB Thank you!! I'm so happy to be able to say that I'm still loving these rings every bit as much as when I first got them :love:

Attachments

• Margot_2C.png
    Margot_2C.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 189
  • Margot_3C.png
    Margot_3C.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 171
Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MissGotRocks Thank you!!

I suppose I am nothing if not predictable :bigsmile: I wear Margot... once a week or so? Lily, however, is a daily staple. I had no idea how much I'd come to appreciate the concave pinch up to the milgrain girdle - it's kept the brushed finish pristine! The devil's still stewing in those details ::)

Thank you @LLJsmom ::) Oh, these rings and I are still very happily romancing each other :whistle:

I thought of myself as "not a solitaire girl" for a full decade. Turns out - I'm a solitaire girl. Looking back... none of my previous settings gave me this sort of complete, wholehearted satisfaction - there was always something I wanted to improve on, something I thought could be tweaked, "something to keep in mind for next time". This time, with this ring... there's still nothing I want to change, months later, and it's incredibly satisfying not to have a "next time" in mind!!

@kama_s Thank you love!! It has been too long! Even I have to admit the sparkliest PS pretties can't hold a candle to your little fellow, though, so I can't blame you for spending your free time ogling him instead :bigsmile: :love:

@Skhii Well, it's been four months, but I do still intend to post that comparison one of these days :lol: Both bands have held up to daily wear extraordinarily well - shape is intact, stones are in place, milgrain is crisp... :sun:

@kayla17 Thank you! The Lily is IMO one of Erika's most feminine designs - it's one of my favourites too! I'd love an Imogen or Isabella as well, one day ::)

@foxinsox You've got me! :bigsmile: I think I wear her about once a week? Low-maintenance and low-profile almost always win!!

I do feel very lucky to have the option to choose though. A couple of years ago I was debating whether to upgrade my stone or buy a new piece, and I envisioned being perfectly happy without a "larger centerstone-type ring" because I wore low-key bands daily - I'm glad I went this route after all ::)

Thank you @xcacaox ::) Erika's designs are so fluid, and her workmanship is always flawless, and she's a dream to work with :kiss2: I expect that my purse will resign itself to its fate sooner or later... :lol:

A couple quick in-the-mirror pics ::)

Margot_2C.png

Margot_3C.png

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why am I just now seeing this!!! :love::clap::love::dance::love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie I am so glad that you are enjoying your new rings! They are gorgeous but I know how exacting you are so for them to have stood the test of time they are obviously lifetime keepers!! No wonder - what's not to love? So glad you finally have the rings that make your heart sing!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gah, love the pics you posted yssie, just gorgeous! That ring looks amazing on you! :love::love::love:

Platinum-blonde

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings! :love: you have a beautiful set. It looks perfect on your fingers.

I love Erika Winters' work. I have a modified Laurel ring that I bought preloved. I couldn't believe how fine the multigrain was, and the attention to detail. It always make me happy to see her work on here.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just love this set. It's my favorite set on PS as of now. :lol:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is so beautiful. Took my breath away. I love the Margot so much and with your stone and finish it is amazing.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Do you think the lily band is durable. Like you amcan wear it and not have to worry about it?

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's humongous! Beautiful ring, gorgeous stone, enjoy!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne Thank you!! :bigsmile:

Thank you @MissGotRocks, you are a dear ::)

It really is lovely to be able to simply tell a vendor what I want and trust that the details will be fleshed out and executed to my satisfaction without my input, and that my opinions will be explicitly solicited when needed... this worry-free shopping thing is addictive :bigsmile:

Thank you @junebug17!!

I didn’t know that I’d appreciate a solitaire on me so much, having only ever before had three-stone rings :kiss2:

@Platinum-blonde Thank you! I looked through your threads and I didn’t see one for your Laurel - please consider starting a thread on it? :sun:

I would agree wholeheartedly: to me Erika’s workmanship and attention to detail is well worth her premium, and I love that I can blindly trust her to scale, finagle, edit the design to preserve the aesthetic for different shapes and sizes :geek2: :love:

:bigsmile: @soxfan Thank you!!!

Thank you @hathalove! ::)

I’ve been wearing my Lily pretty much daily and she’s held up beautifully!! :love:

Erika’s Signature finish is quite delicate, and it’s been my experience that all brush/matte finishes show wear far more quickly than shiny high-polish. I was very worried about ruining the finish on my Lily but it’s pristine despite daily wear; I believe the reason is that the shoulders of the band (from edge to center mgrain line) are concavely pinched on both sides, which guards all brush-finished face-up area against contact with other surfaces. I don’t know that this finish would hold up as well on a plain rounded band, or a design featuring large non-concave non-edged metal planes - though I suspect gold would fare better than platinum... I would be curious to find out!

Thank you @thecat!! ::)

@doberman Thank you! :mrgreen2:

Last edited:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Such a beautiful ring! Sorry I’m a few months late!

Did you set the lab ruby in your other setting? You are allowed to post lab stones in the fabulous fashion jewellery section. I would love to see it.

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I keep looking at the pictures of your gorgeous stone and setting! Your ring is amazing. And your photography captures it's beauty perfectly! Thanks for sharing such a stunning ring! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results