shape
carat
color
clarity

My new beauty - 4.01 J VS1 in Erika Winters' Margot

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Yssie! Your new ring is gorgeous. The stone, the setting, your beautiful hands PERFECTION!!!!

The guilty party is adorable too!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow oh wow

Amazing stone!
Lovely setting

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie, your ring is incredible! :love: Your studs and this ring make up the perfect collection, and I hope they are forever pieces! Your patience and persistence really paid off in your diamond hunt and setting choices!:appl: So happy for you!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Pinto!! ::)

derby- thank you so much. You are darling as always ::) Opening the box... it took my breath away. I feel incredibly fortunate to have wearable art like this to call mine :))

LLJ - thank you! A non-custom ring... this is radical for me! 8-)

Y'know, I've been so busy at work these past months... I've adored Margot since I first saw her, but I'll admit that part of my "all roads lead to Erika" mentality was... the thought of worrying about whether a custom piece would turn out the way I wanted, or a semi-custom design would scale well, or whether I'd be happy with execution... scared me! I know I can trust Erika to tell me what will and won't, to sort out the details, to envision all possibilities and choose the most aesthetically pleasing... even though I wound up not going custom I knew working with Erika would be entirely angst-free and I didn't have the energy to deal with this project being any other way.

I'm glad I went with the high-polish finish too. There's just something about brilliant cuts and shiny metal... but I have to say, I LOVE step cuts in matte or brush finishes - if only those finishes didn't show wear so much more quickly and obviously!

Eight prongs... well, it's definitely a lot of prong!! Very pretty prongs, I think, but... y'know, a lot of them! :mrgreen: I've been watching your reset thread - I'm really looking forward to seeing where you go!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie it's absolutely incredible! Your rings have always inspired me (starting with your epic 5-stone trellis), and this is no exception. Incredibly lovely, wonderful color, cut, everything is perfect! And the final setting fits perfectly. Congrats!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful beautiful beautiful!!:love::love::love:

Your ring has revived my love for solitaire rings!!

Glad to see you again here!:wavey:

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wewechew - Thank you!! ::)

foxinsox - I love your handle :mrgreen: Thank you! The weather finally deigned to cooperate today :roll: I have to say though, taking photos of this ring is so easy - not a bad angle to be found!! I really think the hardest part was avoiding highlighting some light scratching from having worn her for a few weeks already ::)

Tekate, ac117 - Thank you!!! :mrgreen:

ringo - Thank you! I'll toast to many Gahs (I'm on my last glass of not-awful wine here so only one toast, but I sure hope to catch up tomorrow... :twisted:)

posh Thank you, and thank you!!

My studs are a daily joy ::) I do suspect that once I'm past the "OMG new sparkly!!!" phase I'll go back to generally eschewing rings, but apparently having the option of wearing one is very important to me! The studs, though, I certainly get excellent mileage from :mrgreen:

DF - Thank you!! 8-)

Thank you june! It's a dream piece, that's for sure ::) It's been a long but valuable journey - wearing the stone in a temp for several months taught me that I'm not opposed to solitaires on my hands as I'd always thought, choosing a stock setting instead of moving forward with an uncertain custom job is a choice I know I wouldn't have made a few years ago but that I'm confident was the right decision... I truly couldn't be happier with the outcome ::)

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Ooooohh!!!
I've been waiting to see how you were going to set your gorgeous diamond!

The setting is perfection and showcases the diamond so well!:love::love::love:

I love my blingy settings but solitaires really let the diamond be the STAR of the show!

Congrats!!:appl::appl::appl:

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
SWOON! :love::lickout:

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring and photos, yssie! I love your stone, and I am so glad you shared because it's very rare to see Erika's work with a polished finish. Thanks for explaining why the accent stones weren't able to be incorporated-- I have been looking forward to seeing that design. Perhaps they'll be for a future RHR? ;-)

What made you decide on PT 950/Ru instead of a warm nickel-white gold alloy for your e-ring and studs? Also, does Erika send her rings in the same box as the one you showed for your studs?

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
You nailed it, drop dead gorgeous!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh goodness, this is just mesmerising!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie your new ring is simply spectacular and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. It's a timeless elegant beauty for which there are no substitutions. Perfect in every way. And it looks gorgeous on your lovely hand. AMAZING. I cannot think of any way you can improve this breathtaking solitaire. PERFECTION.:love::love::love:

Wear in health and happiness!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be still my heart !!!!!! Yssie, it's absolute perfection if there ever was! I, like others think your ring and studs are just TDF :love::love::love:

Enjoy them for a lifetime.

Kbell

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring!!! Looks perfect on you!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! just perfect, enjoy :)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: It's fabulous!

Diamondz1

Shiny_Rock
Oo, it's lovely! It must be a thrill to have it on your hand after such a long search. I'm a fan of SMTB threads big and small... but especially big :mrgreen:. Thanks for sharing it with us!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spectacular! Love everything from the perfectly executed tiny details to the overall effect... and the polish is divine! How awesome that your diamond popped up in the 11th hour!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one happy and gorgeous EW family!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To. Die. For. Your ring and photography. I love your detailed explanation of your experience and mind set. A pleasure to have you posting again! Congrats Yssie!

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yssie, Your new stone is to die for!!! I love everything about it! It looks beautiful on your hand! Enjoy it and wear it well!!! :love:

P

PierreBear

So beautiful and stunning! Thanks for sharing your story and the photos. Ahhh the details are so perfect! Enjoy!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous, both setting and stone! :love::love::love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohaa! This is exactly what perfection
looks like. Your stone is out of this world and the EW setting frames it so well. Enjoy wearing your new beauty. I enjoyed reading your story.

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Perfection! Congrats and enjoy your new ring.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alene - Thank you!!

The pup is three now... couldn't tell you when that happened! She's usually maniacal when her humans come home (fortunately she's learnt to take the worst of it out on her brother!)... that day her greeting was calm and polite. Red flag!! :think::rodent:

Yimmers - I had to go back and check your threads :twisted: your modified Liv is gorgeous!! :love: Laurel or Margot would be beautifully complementary ::)

I happen to love the look of eight-prong settings but I also hugely value having the girdle encased in metal. I'm just not a bezel person, so a multitude of prongs is my compromise between safety and aesthetic - with eight evenly-spaced prongs no part of the diamond girdle will make contact with a flat surface no matter which way I whack it or drop it...:roll:

The only thing I'd change about Margot, if I could, would be to round out the interior of the shank for comfort-fit. I prefer rings to be quite loose so the flat shank isn't uncomfortable by any means, but I suppose I've been spoilt by buttery-smooth comfort-fit bands ::)

I'm looking forward to seeing what you choose!!

m2b - Thank you!!! It's good to be back ::) I saw your recent addition to the 'favourite pics' thread - you've halo'd your MRB!! I have a date with your reset thread, can't wait 8-)

My collection is... a slow work in progress! I'm waiting on an eternity from WF to replace the one I sold... and then it's off to Ban Island: I'm still lusting after the Perlee Clover bracelet, two years on, so... I suppose we'll see whether my motivation proclamation actually bears fruit :whistle:

MGR Oh, if only!! See, that's the type of artificial intelligence I wouldn't mind one tiny bit ::)

ROL - Thank you!! :mrgreen:

mol - I'm so glad you saw this thread!! Your upgrade was both the inspiration for the original three-stone idea and my motivation for choosing non-custom Margot when it became clear the three-stone wasn't feasible :love:

We seem to be of one mind ::) I, like you, always thought of myself as a multi-stone person. I started out with a three-stone. Upgraded to a five-stone. Upgraded to a seven-stone. Noticed a trend :lol: and decided to wear this new stone in a temp for a while to figure out how I actually felt about solitaires... turns out I'm not "not a solitaire person" after all!! As long as I like the setting, that is. I honestly feel that I love my Margot every bit as much as I'd have loved a ring with sidestones :love:

I think I'm the Two Rings sort - I'm happiest with one centerstone-style ring and one standalone eternity ::)

imitcan - Thank you so much! ::)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie - Thank you ::)

She does guilty awfully well - she's had lots of practice. Got into the cat food? Guilty slump. Chewed up another cheque book? Guilty slump. Fell asleep on the couch? Extra-guilty slump... but the trail of brown fur on the cushions gives it away, as does the fact that her brother takes his cues from her and isn't smart enough to jump off before the door opens :lol:

Thank you whitewave!! :mrgreen:

DS, good friend ::)Thank you!!

You've known me long enough to have witnessed the many resets first-hand... Dare I say this is the end of the tale? :halo: I, like you, have reached my limit on what I'm willing to spend on a single stone - so the upgrade door is closed, locked, and barred! And I do believe a substantial eternity will satisfy my want of a multi-stone ring... And truly, this setting is so beautiful - I don't look at it and see things I'd change, like I normally would; I look at it and see everything Erika got just right.

I feel at peace with this piece. It's a wonderful feeling ::)

lovedogs - Thank you, that's so sweet!! I couldn't be happier with this ring, and I'm so glad I took my time with the project - it's eye-clean and mind-clean for me :mrgreen:

Phoenix I'm so glad to see you too!!

Your collection - and m2b's - are what mine dreams of growing up into :love: I still, after two years, want the Perlee Clover bracelet as much as ever - I shall blame you for that!! :mrgreen:

I must go through your history and see if I've missed any updates on Holly's final home... :twisted:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few more pics from earlier today ::)

3.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

31.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

33.png

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock