carat
color
clarity

Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fan

Yssie--I'm so glad that you consolidated and got this boulder instead of the VCA perlee! I swear it looks like a 5ct on you! :sun:

BTW, I'm always happy to enable you any time, lol! ;)) :bigsmile:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You sound so happy with your new stone - I can't think of a lovelier person to have it!

It looks beautiful and you know we'll all be super anxious to see more pictures - hurry please!! I too hope you'll at least find an inexpensive temporary setting for it - that stone is made to be worn!! No more worrying with side stones and proportions - you've got it all in one rock!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gosh, it looks fabulous on you! :love: And ditto to m2b...this is by far a better choice than the perlee clover bracelet (as much as I love it!)!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom|1458190273|4006582 said:
Yssie. I am so excited to see your stone. Soooooo excited. I hope it will be exactly as your heart desires. :bigsmile:

DS, that yellow gold looks so beautiful on you. Congratulations. How are you liking it? Have you been wearing it?? I have been wearing my cuff more. Still love it. :)

Ooops, missed this when I was blindsided by Yssie's new diamond!

Thank you! No, I haven't worn it yet! I did just go to the beach for a few days, but I didn't want to take a lot of jewelry this time. It will get worn more during the summer, I think! I love your cuff and your diamond tennis bracelet! :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

:whistle:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DS, I just have to tell you again how much I love your new bracelet and how amazing it looks on you!!! :love: :love: :love:
The rg was beautiful too but I just think this one suits you better! :appl:

And yssie, I am SOOO excited about your new diamond! Omg, amazing! Please get a temp and rock this baby ASAP!! :dance:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

He he he he he... :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

image_48.png

- - - - - - - - - -

b_img_0003.png

- - - - - - - - - -

c_img_0550.png

- - - - - - - - - -

dimg_0152_2.png

- - - - - - - - - -

h_img_0499.png

- - - - - - - - - -

f_img_0241.png

- - - - - - - - - -

e_img_0542.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pinto Upcoming!! :bigsmile: The phone pics - I attempted a bunch more - were setting my teeth on edge - they didn't do this gorgeous stone justice at all :(sad Some PSers take amazingly beautiful photos with their phones, I don't know how they do it but I would love to learn!!

msop We both have new stones! Similar sizes, too, since my stone is a lot deeper than yours :sun: :bigsmile: I saw your posts in RT - I can't wait to see what you end up with!!

I'm definitely going with EW - she just posted an unplated WG Grace solitaire on her Instagram and the colour and texture makes me swoon :love: but... I can't afford EW right now! :bigsmile: I was (still am) considering a temp, but I don't want to spend $400 (stuff around me is SO pricey)...

m2b I am too, no regrets!! It is odd not having extra settings around to plop things into, and not having loose stones to play with... But goodness, I'd make that trade off again in a heartbeat :bigsmile:

I do still want the Perlee - shocking, I know :rolleyes: I'm very glad I got this stone first whilst prices are lower, though! VCA prices are already astronomical... what's astronomical plus a bit more, when I do eventually get around to getting it, right? (She said in shifty justification...)

MGR Oh my goodness, you are a sweetheart - thank you!!

I feel very lucky to have this stone - nine years ago, five years ago, two years ago, I never would have imagined I'd be luck enough to own some of these pieces ::)

You're going to think I'm nutty, but... I want sidestones :bigsmile: I'm just not a solitaire person! Well, I shouldn't say "sidestones" - more a pair of small "accent" stones that tuck so far under the center they look more like half-moons. This is the look I'm going for :love: these proportions are 8mm/3mm, I'm thinking 10mm/3.5mm...

The spring holder holds the stone so high that it looks like it covers nearly the entire width of my finger, but with the stone lower I think (hope!) there'll be enough room to work with ::) the specifics of *how* to make that happen, well, that'll be Erika Winters' brainchild :))

DS I am definitely very glad I took PS advice - in particular FD's post, which you and others echoed - to return the other stone and not rush into another. I'm actually rather surprised by how much I'm enjoying thinking about setting and wearing this stone, given that I really didn't think I missed the larger solitaire after my studs reset!

The Perlee is still on my wishlist but it'll have to wait :))

Sharon, June :halo: :bigsmile: thank you June, I'm over the moon with this stone ::)

Edit - oh my. Got smileys?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here's my smiley contribution:
:o :shock: :love: :dance: :clap: :appl: :sun:

What a stunner!!!! :appl:
along the same vein of infinity + infinity = infinity, perlee math is astronomical + astronomical = astronomical so it doesn't matter WHEN you pull the trigger, just DO IT within your life time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Absolutely adore the new pics, Yssie!!! :appl: The pastels your new diamond gives off are absolutely amazing! ::) A 3 stone does sound lovely--do you have a pic/schematic to show?! :))

I'll have a lil' unexpected bauble of my own to post in SMTB soon, so stay tuned! :bigsmile:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I too would like to see a sample picture of the three stone you are talking about! I am so happy for you that you have found a stone that you love - just having that piece of the pie seems to make you a very happy girl! :appl: :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

m-2-b|1459187671|4012074 said:
Absolutely adore the new pics, Yssie!!! :appl: The pastels your new diamond gives off are absolutely amazing! ::) A 3 stone does sound lovely--do you have a pic/schematic to show?! :))

I'll have a lil' unexpected bauble of my own to post in SMTB soon, so stay tuned! :bigsmile:

How soon? Patience isn't our strong suit - lol!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

:bigsmile:... Can't seem to stop ::)

I really like these proportions -

image_51.png
image_52.png

Here's a lineup of not-diamonds I got to play with sizes - 3.5mm, 4mm, 4.5mm, 5mm, and 5.5mm. Above 4.5mm the stones are large enough that they're "sidestones" in the true sense of the word to my eyes, and I want to go smaller than that. Even the 4.5mm verge on too big, I think - I'm leaning toward 4mm each (that's what's in the pics) strictly for "accent"... Thoughts?

image_578.jpg image_579.jpg
image_580.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

M2b - tease!!

You have the best reveals - get thee to thy camera!!! :devil:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous pics, Yssie! :love: I totally get the idea about the little accent stones. I have been trying to figure that out for some time. For one thing, I always liked the Van C setting that had the appearance of small stones on the side of the center stone. Plus, I feel like it could be more easily worn as a rhr for my girls, eventually. But it is hard to work out everything I want into one setting! :lol: So it may never get out of the Vatche!

I also agree about the VCA being so high, what's a little more? That's why I voted diamond now. I love the one you chose!!!

(Thanks, Junebug, speaking of VCA! :wavey: )

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous honker of a stone, Yssie! I will be honest, I think the teeny sidestones look off; I don't think the proportions are quite right. Instead of accenting the center, they just kind of distract me. But it's really a matter of personal preference. Whatever you pick will look pretty.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

For as many beautiful solitaires that we have seen on PS over the years, I never think they look quite right on me either Yssie. I love small accent stones for a three stone - I've had two different settings with them through the years. The thing that is hard to visualize is when they are set and in a more 3D fashion than just lying all together. Trying to visualize the center stone higher with the side stones tucked underneath is sometimes difficult to do.

I like the concept but will admit that the proportions are larger/smaller than what I am accustomed to - but that doesn't mean it is a bad thing. You have had the ability to visualize other settings for yourself so I'm going with your gut choice on this one as well. I like the little something extra in small side stones that draws the eye out beyond the center stone - for me it just gives me a more balanced look somehow that makes a world of difference to me. I've tried to explain this to other less than stellar diamond folks in my real world and they just look at me like I have four heads and am just being my usual picky self - lol! Eureka - you get it and I love it - I'm finally feeling qualified and justified in my thoughts!! We are a crazy bunch - fellow diamond lovers - but we get the small nuances that make a ring uniquely and beautifully ours that just feels right!!

Can't wait to see but I'm gathering that it will be a while. I'll try to be patient for you!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Still waiting for completion on my mini project so no pics to show for it yet... :whistle: Will give the LTBP's gals here a heads up first, though, when I do! :Up_to_something:

Yssie--can you have EW do some preliminary sketches for you to see your 3 stone vision?

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie, WOW!!!! That is one heck of a beautiful stone :love:

So happy that you found it! You have 3 beauties now :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sorry for the very late replies :(sad work has been more like uni lately - specifically in the Last-Minute Madness respect...

DS That's exactly what I've been going for - little accent stones. I went from a three-stone to a larger three-stone to a still-larger three-stone to a five-stone to a seven-stone... for this I want to scale far, far back to "nearly solitaire". To be honest I only realised after getting my eternity that my ritual adding of sidestones had been in (futile) search of One Ring that could serve as both large-centerstone style and eternity, and... well, I achieved it, but wound up feeling more like I was missing out on both styles! ;(

So after that I have to caution against trying to get everything in one setting :halo: I adore your ring, simple setting and all, and solitaires work for you, so... leaving it in the vatche isn't a bad thing in my book :bigsmile:

Laila Thank you for your opinion That's really good to know... I've learnt to listen to PS opinions when I solicit them 8)

Can I ask if you find the inspiration setting in those screenshots I posted distracting and not quite right as well? Or is it specifically my layout that makes you feel that way? The inspiration has the sidestones tucked well under the center - I'd want to copy that. I didn't like the look of larger sides/accents: those combos read "three-stone" to my eyes and I want to avoid that. I wonder if going even smaller might work better, or adding more stones to create a very gentle taper like L's setting for sale on LT... Thoughts?

bgd_l_taper.png

MGR Thank you, again, for your thoughts love ::) The proportions are definitely unorthodox - I had the devil of a time finding photos of what I was looking for! Those screenshots are really the only good representations I found, after more time searching than I want to admit to...

The stone is... an odd size on me, really. It's large enough that it covers a significant amount of finger but it's still too small to overwhelm to the point where additional stones/decorations become gratuitous afterthoughts. Well, to my eyes, anyway :bigsmile: One thing that's really important to me is to maintain that "tulip" profile that solitaires have naturally; I see it in some three-stones as well, but not all. I don't know exactly what creates it or causes it to disappear - what combos of mount style, center and side sizes, degree of "tuck" under the center, exaggeration or diminishment of shoulder curve... I know that my second WF three-stone didn't have this look - the stones covered the entirety of the top of the ring and the shoulders reached up in almost straight lines to create a "box of diamonds". I definitely want EW to draw/CAD it out to make sure adding sidestones of any size doesn't jeapordize that profile - I think the "box of diamonds" would be complete overkill with this centerstone! :-o :bigsmile:

tulipprofile.png

m2b I can't wait to see what you're plotting... :Up_to_something:

Yes, I will definitely be asking for mockups, CADs, drawings, etc. For one thing EW is too pricey to re-do!! But... more importantly... ::) I trust her eye for design and proportions and I trust that she'll understand the look I'm going for, so I'm comfortable assuming that she won't let me lead this project astray :bigsmile:

bright ice Thank you!!! :bigsmile: :love: :bigsmile: Crazy to imagine that a few months ago I didn't even know I was looking for it!! :bigsmile:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I do think most three stone rings definitely give you the 'box' look and I totally get what you are saying. The only exception to this I've seen is one that I had and one that a current friend has. I wish I had a picture of either but in a nutshell the side stones were significantlysmaller than the center (this works for you) but were dropped down off of the same plane as the center stone in an almost exaggerated way. From the side of the center stone, they are set closer to the pavilion - sort of angled in - and set in a almost flat or just slightly angled fashion. I hope you can parlay my words into an image! It makes the side stones look tucked under the center from the top down and from the side view, you still get that tulip look. My friend's ring has six delicate prongs on the center - not clunky - so you get the full round stone feel making it look larger as well. I liked the mounting I had - it was by JB Starr - but I couldn't use it when I reset two stones ago - so I chose another three stone with larger side stones. They were still smaller in relation to the center but I liked the proportions. I would consider resetting IF I ever found an outstanding three stone!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie, obviously this is not as refined a setting as you have in mind, but it is one I saved of a solitaire with small accent stones. I thought of you when I was looking in my setting folders!

_mg_4822.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MissGotRocks|1459723723|4015054 said:
I do think most three stone rings definitely give you the 'box' look and I totally get what you are saying. The only exception to this I've seen is one that I had and one that a current friend has. I wish I had a picture of either but in a nutshell the side stones were significantlysmaller than the center (this works for you) but were dropped down off of the same plane as the center stone in an almost exaggerated way. From the side of the center stone, they are set closer to the pavilion - sort of angled in - and set in a almost flat or just slightly angled fashion. I hope you can parlay my words into an image! It makes the side stones look tucked under the center from the top down and from the side view, you still get that tulip look. My friend's ring has six delicate prongs on the center - not clunky - so you get the full round stone feel making it look larger as well. I liked the mounting I had - it was by JB Starr - but I couldn't use it when I reset two stones ago - so I chose another three stone with larger side stones. They were still smaller in relation to the center but I liked the proportions. I would consider resetting IF I ever found an outstanding three stone!

A PSer emailed me a video this morning that I *think* sounds very similar to what you're describing re. the way the sidestones are set! This ring is by Joe Schubach - I LOVE these proportions :love: The sides are tiny and set very low, right next to the pavilion, so they barely rise off the band - the result is exactly the "almost a solitaire" sort of three-stone I'm after :sun:

js_accentsides.png
http://youtu.be/hDgnYZqP04g

I, like you, am just not a solitaire person - but I, like you, certainly appreciate some of the pros of having one ::) This is as close to solitaire as I'll ever get! I do prefer six or more prongs on the center, more from a mind-clean safety perspective than anything else - I'd worry very small sides wouldn't protect the center the way larger sides do...

I forgot to post these earlier - older perspective pics of the stone (10mm) with different side sizes (from top to bottom 5.5mm, 5.0mm, 4.5mm, 4.0mm, 3.5mm):

sides_55_b.png
sides_50_b.png
sides_45_b.png
sides_40_b.png
sides_35_b.png
sides_lineup_0.png

DS Thank you! Another to add to my proportions collection :bigsmile: :appl:

And thank you to everyone here, and everyone who's emailed me!! My intent really isn't to take over this thread with this no-branding-whatsoever project :bigsmile: I started out with branded intent... and I must confess that I'm quite happy to keep this all to this thread ::)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes, that ring has the general 'look' that I am describing. It is such a beautiful, delicate ring and while the side stones add some dimension to the ring they in no way take anything away from the larger center stone.

Can't wait to see the design that you and Erica create - your eye for detail has a proven track record!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think with this look, the accent stones have more to do with shank size than center stone size. That's how I see it, anyway. I really like the JS setting. I found the video and really like the proportions as it looks closer to the size of my stone!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Goodness, Yssie!! Beautiful stone, such sharp arrows!! :love: :love:

I have a weakness for 3-stone rings. I miss having one. If I don't sell my 3ct this year or next year, I may set it into a 3-stone ring.

But back to yours, I can't wait to see what you end up with...it's going to be absolutely breathtaking.

ETA: love your new nails btw, ha ha

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sorry to keep everyone in suspense but I've been under the weather recently! Here is the promised sneak peek of my new "mini" upgrade project:

img_11385.jpg

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Oh wow!!! It's spectacular m-2-b!! Look forward to more pics and details :appl:
Hope you are feeling better now :wavey:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

m-2-b|1460516029|4018568 said:
Sorry to keep everyone in suspense but I've been under the weather recently! Here is the promised sneak peek of my new "mini" upgrade project:

Oh wow, is it a 5-6ct? Actually, it looks more like a 6ct! More deets please?! ha ha

Hope you get better soon.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

m-2-b|1460516029|4018568 said:

I don't know why but I had a funny feeling that you had upgraded your ring! Thought no, she is at the size she wanted but something said it was another ering diamond. Too funny to find this here and I was right! It looks beautiful - now you know we need all the details!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results