shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My Leon Upgrade: Emerald Cut with French Cut Sides!!!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! It's very classy and elegant. You have to get some finger shots for us!!
what are the mm measurements on your stone? very nice.

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
that is truly breathtaking. congratulations!!!

trueblue101

Shiny_Rock
OH. MY. GOD. That ring is amazing. Wear it in good health and can you please post like 685940330459 more photos of it asap, especially some more hand shots!

Thanks!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI;;

HOLY. MOLY.

Impossibly beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

princessfeedme

Shiny_Rock
:love: :love: :love: Holy Guacamole :love: :love: :love: It's so drop dead gorgeous! Your stone is beautiful with the perfect L:W ratio. Could we have the dimensions please?

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
Oh my...what a gorgeous bling :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beyond gorgeous...and one of the very best rings ever posted here...seriously!!! :love: :love: :love: I love it, can you tell?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mimi, it is stunning!!! Oh my gosh, I love it so much. As others have said, everything about it is perfect! Wow, wow, and wow. I hope you love wearing it every single day. Usually, my taste runs more towards round stones but that emerald is jaw-dropping beautiful!!!!
Congratulations all the way around!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning! :love: :love:

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Wowzers! That's unbelievably gorgeous :-o

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
mimi72|1333129072|3159992 said:
I must start by paraphrasing LGK -- "I drank the french cut upgrade kool-aid. It was yummy."

Thanks to all of you who have responded to my many neurotic postings in the development of this ring. Many were iffy on the combo of an EC and FC sides, ie modern step cut and antique-y faceted french cuts. (Actually I didn't realize the EC was considered modern until after I commissioned the ring). But I just had to have it done, even though it was a huge risk since I couldn't find any photos of anything it might look like. In a way I was inspired to proceed by LittleSparkle, who has a cushion cut with step cut sides (traps and bullets) by LM. I thought the combo looked great together and was a nice bit of contrast of texture etc. This ring is sort of the inverse of hers.

Why did I choose Leon, since VC seems to be the darling of PS nowadays? Well, I started cruising PS back in about '05-'06. Those were big Leon years. I've had it in my head ever since that I would have a Leon Mege setting someday, and so it is. The experience was very positive.

My original e-ring was a 0.66 ct RB, ideal cut G VS2. Being naive back then I did a lot of research on the stone and bought the best we could afford at the time, but basically did no research on the setting. It was meant to hold probably at least a 1 ct so my poor stone just sunk right in and never looked right. I've been dreaming of an upgrade ever since. Though I wasn't necessarily looking for an EC or anything this big, this stone came up for sale in a ring at an auction house near me that does high end jewelry auctions a couple of times a year. I bid by phone and went one bid higher than I planned, and WON! Nearly passed out, but then recovered and am thrilled - I love the stone, it has tons of sparkle and life. It was a 10th anniversary present! We are now past #11.

I am thrilled!!!!! I've only been wearing it a few hours but I love it. The low setting will take some getting used to. I think I works well with this ring style, and it's part of what makes a Leon a Leon. I so far like the sleek, low, understated elegant look.

Specs:
3.77 ct emerald cut GIA certed E SI1
Table 65%
Depth 66.6%

Sides - 1.17 ctw french cuts, F/G color
Ring size 5.25
I wanted a smooth rather than milgrain edge to better complement the clean lines of the step cut.
I don't plan to wear a wedding band...sort of "over that" and feel like any ring is sufficient to send the message that "I'm taken" :bigsmile:

Warning...many photos...and not spectacular ones! Not too many flowers here yet in IL!

Ha! I have drank the same kool-aid...Isn't it just tasty??!! :cheeky: Dying here! This is just a breathtaking piece. Wear it happily! :appl: :appl:

haute_couture

Rough_Rock
I came out of a 4 year lurkdom to say I am SLAYED by this beauty. It's utterly elegant. LOVE IT!! :love: :love: :love: :love: Congratulations on such a fine LM piece, wear it in good health!!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is beyond perfect! This needs to be in the next pricescope calendar!

SC86

Shiny_Rock
DROP DEAD GORGEOUS :love:

bigdiamondtinygal

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is BANANAS AMAZING. AH-Mazing.

Drop dead gorgeous.

It looks stunning on you and a huge congrats on your upgrade (and your spectacular taste)!

Wear it in good health!

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
My goodness, I am so humbled by all the positive remarks. I won't thank everyone individually because I'd surely miss someone, but THANK YOU!!

The EC is 10.58 x 7.66 x 5.10. A slightly more elongated EC. And I love really wide clipped corners but this has pretty small corners.

Whole hand shots...eh, well. I bite my fingernails and clearly don't believe in manicures. Hands not pretty. So just a couple! And I rustled up a few scraggley flowers! :appl:

Hand distance.jpg

Hand distance 2.jpg

Flower 1.jpg

Flower 2.jpg

haute_couture

Rough_Rock
fridays_child|1333133490|3160045 said:
If you want to post 50 more pictures, I wouldn't complain :)
DITTO. Who cares about flowers when you have that beauty?

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
For fun -

Lego.jpg

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
This is the layout from Leon. At first I was nonplussed. My sister convinced me it looked good so I went for it - yay for her!

leon mege_grad_french cuts.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is truly.......<<sigh>> one of the most beautiful rings I have ever seen in my life. And I've been around (I mean on the planet) for a long time and I've oogled an awful lot of e-rings!!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a truely beautiful ring :love: The EC is complimented well by the Frenchies. I am quite a fan of them.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is amazing!!! You must be on cloud nine!!!

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
By the way, the setting the stone came in is in my avatar. It was wonky, got bent when I had it sized, and then a prong broke. I was thinking I'd get the Leon setting for my 15th anniversary, but had to get it sooner. OH WELL!! :lol:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beyond Stunning! :appl: :love: :love:

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
IN-credible ring!! :love: You made the absolutely right call to go with the French cut side stones. I have a feeling that I'll be coming back to this thread many times over.

han001

Rough_Rock
It's gorgeous Mimi!! :love: Way to trust your instincts! LM does such beautiful work.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Oay, I came back for another look. Still stunning!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
stunning! congrats:)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is incredibly beautiful! I love the french cut sides with the emerald stone - fabulous!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beyond stunning!

I think emerald cuts are so gorgeous and regal, especially in those big sizes! Yowza!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results