shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My indian summer dream

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am a longtime lurker on this site, however I rarely posted. Please bear with me, as the story might turn out a bit long.

My original ring was a modest .28 solitaire in a simple setting. It is a lovely diamond, really sparkly, with excellent color and clarity, which were both a priority when this diamond was purchased. I loved it for many years but little by little (especially due to the fact that I became a regular lurker here on Pricescope), a wish to upgrade crawled into my heart. I was no longer content with what I had a started to dream of a LARGE (in my terms) diamond.

Very soon it was clear to me, that I would need to make up my mind about limitations and Cs that I would be willing to sacrifice. I purchased several diamonds and ended up returning them as none of them seemed to touch my heart. However during this attempts I was able to gauge my color and clarity sensitivity. Besides, I realized that I am having difficulty finding the quality of cut in an old cut stone that would make me happy. This meant that I needed a vendor to do the legwork for me. I thought of the typical Pricescope vendors such as JBG, LAD, OWD but all of them were overseas which made ordering and returning the larger stone hardly possible due to customs and VAT issues.

My criteria were: appr. 9mm, colorwise I was comfortable with cape (M-N-O), however it had to be eye clean and very well cut old or transitional cut. I wanted to see the diamond with my own eyes and inspect it with ASET before committing. All this had to be done on a rather strict budget.

Then I found a vendor who has suggested this incredible 2.51ct transitional. I had it inspected with my ASET viewer prior to setting and was super happy. This diamond has hardly any leakage and is incredibly fiery.

She sold it to me as N-O SI2 (uncerted). Later I had the diamond appraised by an independent appraiser and it came back as M SI1. The only inclusion is located right at the girdle and can be polished out, however I decided against it to keep the diamond above 2.5ct threshold, as I neither can see it nor it poses any structural risk.

The setting is semi-custom and was crafted in platinum and specifically adjusted to fit this diamond. I love its art deco style and protection it offers to the stone. I really wanted a way to set the diamond in a way I cannot hit the girdle, but I am not a fan of most bezel settings so this was my solution.

Now, enough explaining, it is time to show my autumn dream that came true. She reminds me of indian summer - filled with warm rays of light and soo delightful. So, without further ado... here is my unicorn of a diamond

D02A362F-3EBA-4FBE-BCB2-A227C7821B31.jpeg FB1E6144-0BE4-430E-B499-37B08B75FBC8.jpeg 6F8FCCB7-93F9-4CBC-BEAC-F8B90A8E2361.jpeg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dizzie, it's beautiful!! And absolutely HUGE! I bet this is a huge adjustment for your eyes having gone from your original stone.

I love that setting - can I ask who made it? I'm also in the U.K. & am toying with the idea of a reset for my pear into something lower & more interesting, so if you wouldn't mind sharing that would be fab. Finding good craftsmen in the U.K. Is definitely worthy of a shout out :appl:

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful find @Dizzie, enjoy her well...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!:love: Love the setting and love the diamond.:love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - love that stone and setting - looks fabulous on your hand! Congrats!

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dizzie, it's beautiful!! And absolutely HUGE! I bet this is a huge adjustment for your eyes having gone from your original stone.

I love that setting - can I ask who made it? I'm also in the U.K. & am toying with the idea of a reset for my pear into something lower & more interesting, so if you wouldn't mind sharing that would be fab. Finding good craftsmen in the U.K. Is definitely worthy of a shout out :appl:

I admit I did not go directly from. 28 to 2.51. I currently wear 1.3 carat OEC as my main engagement ring :whistle:
Indian summer felt like a perfect size for a right hand ring :rolleyes:
As for the setting - actually the vendor has sourced it. I do not know who is the maker of the setting

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning ring this is! Love the stone and the setting! Congratulations on your lovely new piece. :))

And...is there a thread on your 1.3ct engagement ring anywhere? We'd love to see it!

blingthing

Shiny_Rock
I don't really post and mainly lurk, but your new ring is gorgeous!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its gorgeous!!

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful find @Dizzie, enjoy her well...

Thank you, she is truly a unicorn.:mrgreen2:
I am very surprised about the chameleon nature of this stone. While I was absolutely prepared to see tint in a low colored diamond, it does very often play games with my eyes, appearing plenty white. Interestingly, this diamond looks its best in incandescent lightning, which I would not have expected

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Beautiful! Wear it in health.

cheers--Sharon

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a stunning ring this is! Love the stone and the setting! Congratulations on your lovely new piece. :))

And...is there a thread on your 1.3ct engagement ring anywhere? We'd love to see it!

Thank you, I admit I have not posted my 1.3 OEC. I do not have any photos of that at hand, but I did found couple of screenshots showing the diamond once it was unset. I tried to upload the video, but it would not work, so I had to do screenshots from it

I am not sure, how easy it is to see here, but this baby balances cut, color and clarity just nicely

AEF7AEFE-022F-4928-9BB1-468AAB56ABD1.png

F281B124-BDE6-4E27-83DC-40CF1DEE2AD3.png

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I don't really post and mainly lurk, but your new ring is gorgeous!

Its gorgeous!!

HI:

Beautiful! Wear it in health.

cheers--Sharon

Many thanks for all your kind words. I felt it would be good to post about a warm diamond. It is an area where it is tricky to make a leap unseen. I felt uneasy about such step if I would not be able to inspect the stone in person and have to appraised by an appraiser of my choice prior to purchase.

I am amazed how beautiful a warm diamond can be in its own right. They are normally spoken badly by jewellers around here, but a warm diamond is like a sunshine on the finger

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful. I love the setting. Could you show us a side view?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one beautiful ring, and the stone, I could look at a thousand pictures of it. Great choice, great buy, lovely ring.. Congratulations on finding a stone and setting that are so exqusite!!

:love:

Q

Queenie60

Beautiful stone and beautiful ring. Thank you for sharing.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your Indian Summer and your OEC - what a gorgeous pair! how is your OEC set?
That transitional is a fantastic size :love: Would you mind sharing your vendor? I'd love to look at other things they sell if this is any indication

VoldeNuit

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!:love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Both the setting and stone are gorgeous! Congrats on your Indian summer dream!

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is beautiful! It looks great on your hand! The stone and the setting are just gorgeous! Wear it well! :)

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring. enjoy!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! Congrats! :appl:

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is one beautiful ring, and the stone, I could look at a thousand pictures of it. Great choice, great buy, lovely ring.. Congratulations on finding a stone and setting that are so exqusite!!

:love:

Thank you, this setting did make me do a little happy dancy when we located it and the diamond brings a smile to my face every single time I look at it. It just always lit. I know that things like that are not important in the big scale of things, but being on the jewelry aficionado site, I can admit that it is still fun :twisted2:

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love your Indian Summer and your OEC - what a gorgeous pair! how is your OEC set?
That transitional is a fantastic size :love: Would you mind sharing your vendor? I'd love to look at other things they sell if this is any indication

Beautiful!:love:

Both the setting and stone are gorgeous! Congrats on your Indian summer dream!

This is beautiful! It looks great on your hand! The stone and the setting are just gorgeous! Wear it well! :)

Beautiful ring. enjoy!!

Lovely! Congrats! :appl:

Many many thanks for all your kind words. i appreciate them a lot. I still have not been able to capture her true beauty. Somehow my eyes see different things than that what I manage to capture on the camera

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results