shape
carat
color
clarity

My first thread in this forum!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Another thing about City Hall is that you have to wait in line to be married. We got the first appointment of the day (Highly recommend this), so we wouldn't have to wait too long, but we did have to wait a bit and a line formed behind us.

The line was interesting. All sorts of dress, from formal gowns, to cocktail, to my plain wrap dress.
1.gif
I have to say that the more formal/cocktail gowns looked incongruous in City Hall (not that there's anything wrong with that
3.gif
), but for my personal sensibilities, I chose to pare down.

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
I''d love to take you shopping! Just say the word.

If you like that dress, you should maybe call a shop that carries Ramona Keveza (I think maybe Bridal Reflections) and see how quickly they could get it in. I still think it''d be appropriate to wear that dress to the City Hall here...and to Per Se. I see Audrey Hepburn wearing it to City Hall to get married in!

If you want to do the 2 dress idea, I do still love the Marchesa. Maybe instead of a business suit, you can find something like this? It''s Ralph Lauren from Saks. A little more feminine than a suit, but still somewhat casual (and nice & summer-y).

RLshirtdress.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2008 4:05:25 PM
Author: coatimundi
Hi Harriet,
I was recently married at City Hall, and I wore a DVF wrap dress. (Autumn in Los Angeles)

I''d do a simple dress for City Hall, and a more dressy dress for dinner.

I vote two dresses--or suit/dress combo/something thereabouts.
1.gif
Congratulations, coatimundi!
36.gif

Do you happen to have photos of what you wore so that I can get a sense of what''s appropriate?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2008 4:07:11 PM
Author: Ellen
I''m not ds, but she agreed with me, so do I count?
9.gif
2.gif
No.
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2008 5:45:07 PM
Author: scarlet16
I'd love to take you shopping! Just say the word.

If you like that dress, you should maybe call a shop that carries Ramona Keveza (I think maybe Bridal Reflections) and see how quickly they could get it in. I still think it'd be appropriate to wear that dress to the City Hall here...and to Per Se. I see Audrey Hepburn wearing it to City Hall to get married in!

If you want to do the 2 dress idea, I do still love the Marchesa. Maybe instead of a business suit, you can find something like this? It's Ralph Lauren from Saks. A little more feminine than a suit, but still somewhat casual (and nice & summer-y).
But you have to study!
2.gif

Nice Ralph Lauren -- crisp and smart. I'll also see what else Bergorf has in store.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2008 7:47:07 PM
Author: Harriet

Date: 4/27/2008 4:07:11 PM
Author: Ellen
I''m not ds, but she agreed with me, so do I count?
9.gif
2.gif
No.
9.gif
lol.gif

slap4.gif

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2008 7:49:29 PM

Date: 4/27/2008 5:45:07 PM
Author: scarlet16
I''d love to take you shopping! Just say the word.

If you like that dress, you should maybe call a shop that carries Ramona Keveza (I think maybe Bridal Reflections) and see how quickly they could get it in. I still think it''d be appropriate to wear that dress to the City Hall here...and to Per Se. I see Audrey Hepburn wearing it to City Hall to get married in!

If you want to do the 2 dress idea, I do still love the Marchesa. Maybe instead of a business suit, you can find something like this? It''s Ralph Lauren from Saks. A little more feminine than a suit, but still somewhat casual (and nice & summer-y).
But you have to study!
2.gif

Nice Ralph Lauren -- crisp and smart. I''ll also see what else Bergorf has in store.
Just until Wednesday! Then I have 3 weeks free as a bird! P

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enjoy your pre-BarBri time!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
I love, love, love the Grecian gown from Bergdorf''s, but I have to say, I am partial to white for a wedding. I also like the length long, but it will depend on what you decide to do where and at what time of day.

If you end up doing a lunch in NYC, then I say shorter, but if you do end up on the beach, I think the long flowy gown would be lovely!

Do we get to see any of the other dresses you found???

P.S. You done good on your little shopping spree!
31.gif
Now keep going!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I should be able to get that gown made in white. Should I have the embroidered panel done in white too? I can''t find pics of the other dresses. I''m sick of shopping already.
9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2008 6:28:31 PM
Date: 4/26/2008 5:23:59 PM

Author: AmberGretchen

Harriet, I tried on the most stunning Laundry dress the other day at Bloomingdales - it had a shape like this one link, but it was full length, and it was in this stunning print - on a white background with large, soft, pink and pale orange florals. I can''t find it anywhere online, but it was out-of-this world in person - incredibly flattering and ethereal and lovely. Possibly worth browsing at Bloomie''s or giving them a call to see if they have it.
Thanks, AmberGretchen. I''ll pop by Bloomie''s tomorrow, but I doubt I can carry off that neck line.

Harriet - I honestly never would have thought I could carry it off either (I''m a 32DD, and so strapless or halter in any form has been tough for me), but the SA at Nordstrom fitted me with a miracle strapless, and once I had that baby on, I could pull off so much more. Honestly though, the dress, including the neckline, was something that Gypsy grabbed off the rack and we both sort of looked at it and sighed because it was so beautiful but I was thinking "you''d have to be 5''10" (I''m 5''3") with a model''s body to pull that off" but once I got it on, I was singing a very different tune.

You have other lovely options too though - I''m sure whichever one you end up with will be stunning.
9.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I can answer your question now!
36.gif
Wow you''ve been shopping up a storm! My Mom and I bought two things from QVC. Go to www.qvc.com and enter item number: J35761 and J34515. I will post pics when it gets here, let''s hope it looks good!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2008 11:20:58 AM
Author: AmberGretchen
Harriet - I honestly never would have thought I could carry it off either (I''m a 32DD, and so strapless or halter in any form has been tough for me), but the SA at Nordstrom fitted me with a miracle strapless, and once I had that baby on, I could pull off so much more. Honestly though, the dress, including the neckline, was something that Gypsy grabbed off the rack and we both sort of looked at it and sighed because it was so beautiful but I was thinking ''you''d have to be 5''10'' (I''m 5''3'') with a model''s body to pull that off'' but once I got it on, I was singing a very different tune.

You have other lovely options too though - I''m sure whichever one you end up with will be stunning.
9.gif
Hi Amber, I haven''t been able to find the dress, but will try a number of other stores. What brand is the strapless/

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2008 11:38:01 AM
Author: SarahLovesJS
36.gif
Wow you''ve been shopping up a storm! My Mom and I bought two things from QVC. Go to www.qvc.com and enter item number: J35761 and J34515. I will post pics when it gets here, let''s hope it looks good!
So have you! I especially like the bangle. Are you done with the jewellery shopping?
31.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2008 7:36:55 PM
Date: 4/28/2008 11:38:01 AM

36.gif
So have you! I especially like the bangle. Are you done with the jewellery shopping?
31.gif

I think so, other than of course wedding bands! Until I get the jewelry I am done anyway, we''ll see. I hope I like it in person!
12.gif
Do you need jewelry help? Wee!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do. I still can''t decide on a wedding band. And I would lurve a necklace.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, what kind of necklace are you interested in?
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Something that matches my tsavorite-earrings-and-ring-to-be. I highly doubt it''ll happen though.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2008 9:56:47 PM
Here's the Marchesa in white.
It doesn't come in white this season. Grr. Please let me know if you come across a white, empire waist, medium-length, dress.

sweetlime

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/29/2008 4:28:19 PM

Date: 4/26/2008 9:56:47 PM
Here''s the Marchesa in white.
It doesn''t come in white this season. Grr. Please let me know if you come across a white, empire waist, medium-length, dress.

i haven''t followed this entire thread, but i saw white, empire waisted dresses at jenny yoo''s boutique. there''s a store in nyc.
http://www.jennyyoo.com/wedding_alternatives.html

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
And you won''t need a necklace with that one!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, that dress is gorgeous, but did you check out the price tag??? Holy cow, Batman!

Sorry for my post yesterday...I didn''t see you had made your decision about City Hall already when I posted. I think it would be kind of fun to have a dressier dress for the restaurant, but you could find something that is easily appropriate for both, I think.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Woo, this thread is still going and I am getting behind. Which page were your earrings on that you mentioned Harriet I can''t find them? I am feeling lost!
5.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2008 5:22:35 PM
Author: Eva17
And you won''t need a necklace with that one!
Darn. There goes my excuse.
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2008 6:13:01 PM
Author: Harleigh
Oh my, that dress is gorgeous, but did you check out the price tag??? Holy cow, Batman!

Sorry for my post yesterday...I didn''t see you had made your decision about City Hall already when I posted. I think it would be kind of fun to have a dressier dress for the restaurant, but you could find something that is easily appropriate for both, I think.
I know -- the price hurts. But we''re not spending much on the wedding. Just dinner fo 7.

No worries/
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/29/2008 8:13:46 PM
Date: 4/29/2008 6:16:29 PM

Woo, this thread is still going and I am getting behind. Which page were your earrings on that you mentioned Harriet I can't find them? I am feeling lost!
5.gif
I'm having dangling earrings made with the pair of tsavorites here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/spessartite-and-tsavorites.82007/

Or, I could wear these: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-very-first-harry-winstons.62006/

Goodness...I study hardcore for a day, and see what I miss!

Harriet, how in the world did I miss those AMAZING HW earrings!!! WEAR THOSE!

Here's a slightly less expensive alternative: Moschino

Or something with a little color: D&G

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2008 8:13:46 PM
Date: 4/29/2008 6:16:29 PM

Woo, this thread is still going and I am getting behind. Which page were your earrings on that you mentioned Harriet I can''t find them? I am feeling lost!
5.gif
I''m having dangling earrings made with the pair of tsavorites here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/spessartite-and-tsavorites.82007/

Or, I could wear these: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-very-first-harry-winstons.62006/

Hmm I love the second pair!! The tsavorites are pretty too. I will start searching for a necklace. Hmm so something to match the tsavorites. Here I go!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results