shape
carat
color
clarity

Spessartite and Tsavorites

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got a 5.15 ct spessartite cushion as a birthday pressie. It's practically neon -- imagine the bleed from an orange highlighter, but super-saturated. Since the stone speaks for itself, I'd like to set it simply. How about Leon's classic solitaire, with double prongs, and in rose or yellow gold?

I also found a pair of tsavorites that match my larger one perfectly. I'd like to set them as studs. However, as they are elongated cushions, I'm concerned that they'll spin. Any thoughts here?

P.S. Linda, you were right!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, yummy!

Happy birthday by the way!

I would go for the yellow gold - the double pronged Leon sounds like a great idea.

I can''t comment on the elongated cushions spinning - I have some pears (not tsav) and they do spin a bit. What length are they?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you!

The tsavorites are 7.1x5.8. Rounds won''t spin, but this pair matches my cushion so well that I''m loathe to give it up.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your stones sound lovely. Pictures please.
emsmile.gif

I think the earrings as studs would spin, would you consider doing them in dangles? I think they would look pretty in that but I really like studs too. I have a few heart shaped studs and even they spin and they are close to round.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
The battery''s charging and I''ll hazard a few pictures in a bit.

Dangles are a better idea, but I''d love a pair of studs. Bummer.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have more studs than anything in my earrings and do really enjoy them but hate it when they spin. I will watch for your photos.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2008 12:41:39 PM
Author: Harriet
Thank you!

The tsavorites are 7.1x5.8. Rounds won''t spin, but this pair matches my cushion so well that I''m loathe to give it up.
I don''t think I could ever do studs in anything but a round because of the spin factor. I am a little too OCD to be able to deal w/ the lack of symmetry
20.gif

I think I would do these- http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=123 from the lovely Leon. Always a favorite of mine! Or a halo version would be fab as well.

Awaiting the pictures...
11.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2008 2:53:28 PM
Author: icekid
I don''t think I could ever do studs in anything but a round because of the spin factor. I am a little too OCD to be able to deal w/ the lack of symmetry
20.gif
Are you my twin?
2.gif

Here''s one of the spess:

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s another:

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
One last one:

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
My tsavorite pair:

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was finally able to capture my mint tourmalines:

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
One of the mints:

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
My single tsav (I have no idea why the pic is so big).

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m glad you''re going simple for the spess: it does not need any type of decoration and stands on its own. i am not a halo fan and think it would have cluttered up the look of the stone itself. while i love 18k red told, because of the saturation of this stone, i''d go with 18k yellow gold.

movie zombie

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your input, MZ.

Here''s a clearer pic of the spess:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2008 3:43:35 PM
Author: movie zombie
i''m glad you''re going simple for the spess: it does not need any type of decoration and stands on its own. i am not a halo fan and think it would have cluttered up the look of the stone itself. while i love 18k red told, because of the saturation of this stone, i''d go with 18k yellow gold.

movie zombie
I think that sounds gorgeous.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty stones
1.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
The stones are beautiful - I love the tsavs.

I would set them in baskets with a hook fastening so they hang just below the ear.

Or as a pair of jackets that will hang beneath diamond studs...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty gemstones. Your jewelry will be lovely.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
How about dangly plain leverbacks for the tsavs since you are worried about spinning? Personally, I would want to play up the orange color in the spess and set it in 24k yellow gold with a brushed or hammered finish.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Harriet, those stones look awesome!!! Great pics!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

At least 18K yellow gold; and i am a sucker for filigree; antiquey basket. Lovely stones Harriett!

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2008 5:09:57 PM
Author: kcoursolle
How about dangly plain leverbacks for the tsavs since you are worried about spinning? Personally, I would want to play up the orange color in the spess and set it in 24k yellow gold with a brushed or hammered finish.
i was going to suggest that also but i didn''t think it was the look she was going for in what she described with prongs. my spess is set in 22k hammered gold and i wouldn''t have it any other way.........unless it was 24k hammered gold!

movie zombie

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Wow -- Gorgeous stones... Love that Spess! I do agree with yellow gold for that one.. it is a stunner!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, ladies and gentleman.

Re. spessartite:
Will high carat yellow gold be too soft for a skinny setting like the one I have holding my diamond?

Re. tsavorites:
I have a pair of square cushions on the way for dangles.
27.gif
This pair was earmarked for studs (pun unintended). I guess I should re-think my plans.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
18k gold will do fine.....i''d not do anything higher unless you''re willing to widen and thicken the band up some and change the prongs to a semi-bezel look. 18k will do fine for prongs and the slighter band.

movie zombie

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Birthday Harriet!!!

Nice pictures.

But it looks like a good photo shoot is in order....

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, MZ.

Eva, many thanks. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stones, Harriet! I think the tsavorites would spin as studs, but, since they match your larger tsav so well I really think you need to put them to use!
31.gif
I am delighted to hear you have some square cushions for dangles as that would be my suggestion for the set you have posted! Tsavorites make fabulous dangles because of their sparkle. Oh I can just see them catching the light!

The spess is a gorgeous stone as well. If you did use 22 or 24k yellow gold perhaps you could make the band slightly wider. 3mm?

ETA: I forgot to wish you a happy birthday! Any fun plans to celebrate? Other than jewelry plans?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results