shape
carat
color
clarity

My first thread in this forum!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2008 10:33:38 PM
Author: Harleigh
LOL...you're limiting our possibilities!!

For reference, everybody, here is the vintage dress from ebay that Harriet likes, only she would like it without the frou frou on the back:
I'll hit the stores over the weekend and see if I can rustle up anything.
I like your 2 new suggestions too.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2008 10:36:17 PM
Author: Harleigh
I missed the part asking if I needed anything...

Sure, could you put together a collage of green, fuschia and cream cymbidium orchids next to the name and picture of clothing each of the bridal party will be wearing???
9.gif

I could also use some help getting people in Maui to help me get both the Welcome Dinner and Wedding Dinner Reception planned...as I''ve mentioned before, they''re all on ''Island time!'' Arghhh!
32.gif

Get right on that, will ya?
31.gif
Yes, ma''am.
9.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Why, thank you!
36.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where in Maui will the wedding be?

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
We''re getting married at the Ka''anapali Beach Club Vacation Resort in the gardens. Apparently it is the big pink hotel, but I''ve never been, so am relying on pictures and everyone else''s experiences!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''ll post load of pics, right?

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to this board, Harriet!

Jumping on the bandwagon a bit late, but I haven''t really decided what to wear! I have dropped unsubtle hints with my fiance that I would like a gold and pearl bracelet (preferably antique), and I have an antique-looking gold brooch that I plan to have attached to my dress somehow. Once I figure that out, I will pick out some complementary earrings.

BTW, I am LOVING the dresses that you ladies are picking out! I love love love that silver strapless one from Saks.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2008 8:03:51 AM
Author: Harriet
You''ll post load of pics, right?
But, of course!
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2008 9:57:32 AM
Author: Krissie
Welcome to this board, Harriet!

Jumping on the bandwagon a bit late, but I haven''t really decided what to wear! I have dropped unsubtle hints with my fiance that I would like a gold and pearl bracelet (preferably antique), and I have an antique-looking gold brooch that I plan to have attached to my dress somehow. Once I figure that out, I will pick out some complementary earrings.

BTW, I am LOVING the dresses that you ladies are picking out! I love love love that silver strapless one from Saks.
Thanks!

I can''t wear strapless dresses.
8.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2008 10:41:43 PM
Hi Harleigh,
Why is the dress being held up? I have no idea what I''m going to do about a dress [throws hands up]!
Well uh, starting to look, like tomorrow, would not be an insane suggestion.
9.gif

I cannot believe you don''t have your dress! Getting cracking woman!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
This weekend, I promise.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Easy peasy. I found 3 candidates at Bergdorf''s this evening. Here''s one -- it''ll have to be made in white and shortened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I love that!

It''s so elegant and will look amazing in white

Are you going for shorter than ground length?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks. It''s flattering. How short would you make it?

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Totally unrelated...but Harriet, LOVE the new avatar.
30.gif

What were the other two choices from Bergdorf''s? Oh, and btw...would love to go shopping if you''d like help!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! It''s distorting my round into an oval.
Another gown that looks like the one I posted and something entirely different from Valentino. I''m game for a shopping companion.
35.gif
How much time do you have between finals and Barbri (you''re in law school, right?)?

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Shortest I'd go is what the Italians call 'lungette' which is between the ground and mid-calf.

It really depends what height you are.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s the length I was thinking of. The pink version of that dress is growing on me.

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/26/2008 10:20:41 AM
Thanks! It's distorting my round into an oval.
Another gown that looks like the one I posted and something entirely different from Valentino. I'm game for a shopping companion.
35.gif
How much time do you have between finals and Barbri (you're in law school, right?)?
Yup, in law school...well, technically done with the school part and I'm done on Wednesday with my last final ever (wohoo)!!! And Barbi doesn't start until May 20.

ETA: I LOVE the pink dress! And I think mid-calf would be perfect...maybe longer in back (sorta like an off the ground "train" for lack of better terms) and slightly shorter in front.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!
Do you like it in pink or white?

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/26/2008 10:48:22 AM
Congratulations!

Do you like it in pink or white?

Since you''re doing something so non-traditional for the wedding, I''d do pink. White would also look gorgeous, but I think it would look more "Greek goddess-y." Question is would you regret not wearing white for your wedding?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't know. We're headed to Madison this afternoon to see what we can find. The dress comes in turquoise and black too.
ETA: Pink will clash with my tsavorites.
9.gif

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/26/2008 11:07:38 AM
I don''t know. We''re headed to Madison this afternoon to see what we can find. The dress comes in turquoise and black too.

ETA: Pink will clash with my tsavorites.
9.gif

Hmm...mental note, find dress that matches tsavs...got it.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, no, no -- go study!
1.gif

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/26/2008 11:18:27 AM
No, no, no -- go study!
1.gif

Ha ha...heading to the school now. But my goal is to find something (on my study breaks, of course)...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks. Just be good.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Harriet. Sorry I''ve been MIA for a few days. Studying for a big exam on May 10th. Eeek.

LOVE that pink gown. I personally would get it floor length, but that''s just because I''m short and have disproportionately large calves, so anything midway btwn knee and ankle makes me look even shorter. If you don''t want floor length...go for right under the knee. That''s elegant and flattering, no matter what height you are.

The white would look so amazing with your tsavorites.

I wish I could go shopping with you ladies! But I have to study too. Scarlet, good luck with exams and the bar (what is barbi? a nickname for the bar? or is it the other way around?). Are you taking just NY or multi-state? I have lots of lawyer friends and they all made it through the bar alive...so just buckle down and bear it!!!

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/26/2008 3:56:30 PM
Author: CrownJewel
Hi Harriet. Sorry I''ve been MIA for a few days. Studying for a big exam on May 10th. Eeek.

LOVE that pink gown. I personally would get it floor length, but that''s just because I''m short and have disproportionately large calves, so anything midway btwn knee and ankle makes me look even shorter. If you don''t want floor length...go for right under the knee. That''s elegant and flattering, no matter what height you are.

The white would look so amazing with your tsavorites.

I wish I could go shopping with you ladies! But I have to study too. Scarlet, good luck with exams and the bar (what is barbi? a nickname for the bar? or is it the other way around?). Are you taking just NY or multi-state? I have lots of lawyer friends and they all made it through the bar alive...so just buckle down and bear it!!!
Sorry to threadjack Harriet. CJ - Barbri is the 2-month super intensive bar review course (a la princeton review or kaplan). I''m "just" (understatement of a lifetime) going to take NY. I was going to take NJ also but the post-bar work is ridiculous and not worth it, plus the firm I"m going to doesn''t really care.

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Ok Harriet...and for you I have this dress. It is a little different but it could be super gorgeous (but it''s not short)! And it''d go w/ your tsavs...

BMblue.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Harriet, I tried on the most stunning Laundry dress the other day at Bloomingdales - it had a shape like this one link, but it was full length, and it was in this stunning print - on a white background with large, soft, pink and pale orange florals. I can''t find it anywhere online, but it was out-of-this world in person - incredibly flattering and ethereal and lovely. Possibly worth browsing at Bloomie''s or giving them a call to see if they have it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results