shape
carat
color
clarity

My first thread in this forum!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
What do you plan to wear by way of jewellery?

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Hi!
35.gif
Just bought my jewelry this weekend. Need to take photos of it. Just a basic earring and bracelet since the dress has detailing on it.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
for the ceremony i am wearing the pearls my FI got me for our first christmas together. then for the reception i am wearing some really great peridot colored crystal earrings and necklace
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi and congrats! I haven''t bought my dress yet, but it will be simple and I''d love a necklace to dress it up. I don''t think it''s within the budget though.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to say welcome!! I am still working on my jewelry, so nothing to post.
14.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! What do you have up your sleeves?

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Hiya Harriet! It''s going to be fun having you on this forum!! I think I''m going to go sans necklace...but go for pretty earrings and bracelet instead. Haven''t picked any yet...but will most likely go for crystal or something else more affordable.

What are you thinking of?

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
I''m wearing this necklace with the backdrops, diamond studs that FI gave me, and an antique looking diamond bracelet that he got this past Valentine''s Day.

champnecklace.JPG

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
CrownJewel,
Thanks for the welcome. What''s your style like? I would like a necklace, but that''s not going to happen. Dangling earrings and my e-ring? It''s a small daytime wedding.

CourtneyLub,
You lucky girl!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Harriet! You have such a wonderful collection of jewelry that I doubt you have to go shopping! Heck, if you''re not going to wear them, can I borrow your Harry Winston loop earrings?!!!

My style is fairly low-key. I love vintage styles. For earrings I''d like some kind of big drop earrings (around 2 inches long). I haven''t found anything that I''m over the moon about yet, except for some that are out of my price range like these Lauren Kleins that sera introduced me to.

laurenkleinwhitetopaz.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are lovely! Thanks for the compliment. I''d be happy to share, but the Harry Winstons are less than 2 inches long.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
I also like these, but part of me still feels like I should splurge on something non-CZ. It''s just hard to get this kind of look within my budget.
40.gif

perfectdetailsvintageteardrop.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like those too. You bad girl.
9.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock

Oh Harriet I would break my rule to wear your jewelry. :) Which earrings are you planning to wear? Or is this a new project?

11.gif

And for a bracelet...I''m trying to get this kind of look. Either a small pearl bracelet or tennis bracelet paired with a DBTY style bracelet.

braceletCJ.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
post your ideas Harriet. I''m dying to know. I have to run and make some dinner but will check back!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Leave it to Harriet to put the jewels before the dress
9.gif
3.gif

I wore a simple strand of pearls and slightly less simple pearl earrings. But my dress was a bit more on the ornate side, so I wanted to go simple and classic.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the bracelet look. Understated and elegant. Is that the type of bouquet you''ll be carrying?

12.gif
I have a new earring project (actually, it''s only my first). Have you seen my pair of tsavorite cushions? I plan to make them into dangling earrings. Marquise diamond, round diamond, marquise diamond, round diamond, tsavorite. Make sense? Leon is working on a matching ring right now, which is why I''d love a tsavorite-diamond necklace to complete the suite.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2008 7:32:46 PM
Author: icekid
Leave it to Harriet to put the jewels before the dress
9.gif
3.gif

I wore a simple strand of pearls and slightly less simple pearl earrings. But my dress was a bit more on the ornate side, so I wanted to go simple and classic.
You know me!

All pearls? Tres chic.
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2008 7:40:31 PM
Author: Harriet
I like the bracelet look. Understated and elegant. Is that the type of bouquet you'll be carrying?

12.gif
I have a new earring project (actually, it's only my first). Have you seen my pair of tsavorite cushions? I plan to make them into dangling earrings. Marquise diamond, round diamond, marquise diamond, round diamond, tsavorite. Make sense? Leon is working on a matching ring right now, which is why I'd love a tsavorite-diamond necklace to complete the suite.
I remember your tsavorites and I am seriously jealous! The earrings sound phenomenal. Are you planning to wear them for the wedding?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d like to, or should I keep the jewellery to diamonds and pearls?

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi again, Harriet!

I bought some sterling silver and cz DBTY for my girls as well as a set for myself, so I may end up wearing those, but I also bought several pieces of antique look green amethyst jewelry both in sterling and white gold that matches the groomsmens'' shirts, so I guess it will just depend on what looks best, if and when I ever get my dress!

Speaking of dresses, what are you going to do for a dress in such a short time???

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/21/2008 7:44:43 PM
I''d like to, or should I keep the jewellery to diamonds and pearls?

Well you could stick to diamonds and pearls...but since you''ll have your gorgeous tsavs, why NOT wear those?! I love colored gems for wedding jewelry - so fun and more personalized. I can''t wait to see your earrings!!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/21/2008 7:40:31 PM
I like the bracelet look. Understated and elegant. Is that the type of bouquet you''ll be carrying?

12.gif
I have a new earring project (actually, it''s only my first). Have you seen my pair of tsavorite cushions? I plan to make them into dangling earrings. Marquise diamond, round diamond, marquise diamond, round diamond, tsavorite. Make sense? Leon is working on a matching ring right now, which is why I''d love a tsavorite-diamond necklace to complete the suite.
No...my bouquet will be a hand-tied verson of this (the stems will stick out instead of being completely wrapped):

lovethisbouquet1.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2008 9:40:09 PM
Author: Harleigh
Hi again, Harriet!

I bought some sterling silver and cz DBTY for my girls as well as a set for myself, so I may end up wearing those, but I also bought several pieces of antique look green amethyst jewelry both in sterling and white gold that matches the groomsmens'' shirts, so I guess it will just depend on what looks best, if and when I ever get my dress!

Speaking of dresses, what are you going to do for a dress in such a short time???
Hi Harleigh,
Why is the dress being held up? I have no idea what I''m going to do about a dress [throws hands up]!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2008 9:49:27 PM
Author: CrownJewel

Date: 4/21/2008 7:44:43 PM
I'd like to, or should I keep the jewellery to diamonds and pearls?

Well you could stick to diamonds and pearls...but since you'll have your gorgeous tsavs, why NOT wear those?! I love colored gems for wedding jewelry - so fun and more personalized. I can't wait to see your earrings!!
That's what DF said, since gems are a great hobby of mine. I'll keep you posted. Will it be overkill to wear the matching RHR?

I'd like a bouquet just like the one you have planned.
1.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2008 10:41:43 PM

Date: 4/21/2008 9:40:09 PM
Author: Harleigh
Hi again, Harriet!

Hi Harleigh,
Why is the dress being held up? I have no idea what I''m going to do about a dress [throws hands up]!
Um...because I didn''t order it until February!

I had ordered several off of ebay and found one I liked all right, but none of my friends liked it (said I looked preggo because of the empire waist!) so I went ahead and ordered this one: Casablanca 1831 and was told 10-12 weeks. Unfortunately, when they called me later that week to confirm my order, they said it would be 12-16 weeks, and every other bride I''ve seen online talking about Casablancas has said it has been right at about 4 months. I am going to start calling May 1st and try to get a better idea as to its arrival date so that I can have a seamstress lined up in case it needs some alterations quickly!

If I were you, I would look at the higher end stores like Nordstrom, Macy''s, etc..., as well as J.Crew, White House/Black Market. If you let us know what you''re looking for, we can start looking online for some dresses that might fit the bill. JCPenney online even had some beautiful gowns very reasonably priced, but it all depends on what you''re looking for.

Let us know, we''re here to help!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It takes that long to get a dress?! I''m in trouble.

The Casablanca is stunning. Wish I could pull it off!

If I do the City Hall / nice lunch wedding, I just need a simple white day dress, right? Great, 3 months to get into shape on top of everything. Any dress ideas?

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, hun! I''m glad you like it!

To better help you, we need to know what you might like:

Are you thinking long, short, tea length?

White, cream, ivory?

What body shape are you and what styles are you comfortable in?

Some people like empire waists, dropped waist, natural waist, etc...

Do you like a v-neck, scoop neck, high neck?

If you can give us an idea of what you like for your shape, that will help us find you something.

Also, what''s the budget???

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
On any other day, I would say it''s fine to wear the tsav suite together, but on your wedding day I think the only things on your hands should be your engagement ring and wedding band. Imagine having pictures taken with you holding your bouquet with both hands...the focus should be on your left hand.

But that''s just one day.
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harleigh,
Short or tea length; white, cream or ivory. How do I put this delicately? For off-the-rack tops, I have to wear knits because what accommodates my top is too loose for the rest of my torso.
2.gif
I gravitate towards styles that are not too fitted. I don't have your figure.
1.gif
Other than that, I'm open. The budget is pretty open. Thanks in advance!

CrownJewel,
I agree. I don't want to overshadow my e-ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results