shape
carat
color
clarity

My first thread in this forum!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''m going simple and understated, as usual. Delicate pearl necklace and drop earrings (my "something borrowed" from my beloved grandma), my new sapphire eternity ring on the right hand and my e-ring on the left. No bracelets... they bug the heck out of me.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
How elegant! Incidentally, congrats on your graduation!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi Harriet,

I''m still at work, but here are a few I found...not sure at ALL what you are looking for, so bear with me! It''s hard not knowing what style you might like...you may hate them all!
9.gif

Mina Drapeneck Bridal

Strapless & pretty short

Vintage ebay

$9.99 at el Tar-Jay...how can you pass THAT up??? Seriously, they have a bunch of reasonably priced wedding dresses that ain''t so bad in a pinch: Target Wedding Dresses

JCrew Brides

JCrew Rosette

JCrew light pewter w/white polka-dots

AnnTaylor casual

Flowy Halter

JCPenney''s Love this one, but it''s long!

Short & flowy, but maybe too revealing?

Short but elegant

More cutesy?

Paired with some of the ugliest shoes I''ve ever seen!

Probably too casual...

Pretty, but maybe too young?

Okay, that''s all I''ve got for now...try not to laugh too hard as you go through! This is harder than it looks! If you DO like any of them, let us know so we know what style to look for. HTH''s!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my god Harleigh that polka dot dress from JCrew?! I love it! I can definitely see Harriet in that. Haha...and I have NO idea what Harriet looks like.

The Neiman Marcus website has some nice bridal-y dresses.

Here are some that I can "imagine" you wearing Harriet:
A Carmen Marc Valvo

NMT1LR5_mp.jpg

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2008 8:45:29 PM
Author: CrownJewel
Oh my god Harleigh that polka dot dress from JCrew?! I love it! I can definitely see Harriet in that. Haha...and I have NO idea what Harriet looks like.

The Neiman Marcus website has some nice bridal-y dresses.

Here are some that I can ''imagine'' you wearing Harriet:
A Carmen Marc Valvo
LMAO! This just cracked me up, CJ! Isn''t it fun to try to *see* a fellow PS''er in a certain dress when we have NO idea what they look like? Too funny...thanks for the chuckle!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Harleigh! Yeah! Hmmm...Ms. Harriet must be working hard today huh? Let''s just plan her whole wedding in her absence.

Harriet, seriously if you don''t give me and Harleigh a budget, I think we could do some major damage. Here''s one by my favorite bridal designer, Melissa Sweet Nell

MSNellforHarriet.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2008 9:36:54 AM
Author: Harriet
How elegant! Incidentally, congrats on your graduation!
Thank you!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
LOL! Somehow, I''m just not getting the strapless vibe from our favorite Ms. Harriet! Don''t know why, but it''s just a feeling I have.

Wanna move on to shoes???
9.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Let''s move on to shoes!!! You make the first move...

golden

Shiny_Rock

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2008 9:29:02 PM
Let''s move on to shoes!!! You make the first move...
Should we choose a dress we like for her first???

golden, welcome to the party! I hope you don''t find us too neurotic!!!

golden

Shiny_Rock
Another great dress-
http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod26650108&parentId=cat219500&masterId=cat215301&index=56&cmCat=cat000000cat000002cat000009cat215301cat219500

Harriet- what type of look are you going for, and I asked in the other thread (maybe you answered already!!!sorry if you did), but do you want a casual elegance or more of a formal look?

I hope you don''t find me TOO NEUROTIC, I am WAY too excited over this thread, I am sitting here as if I just ate a jar of sugar!
19.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi again,

Look to the first page for what Harriet was looking for...she mentioned short or tea length, white, cream or ivory, and a seemingly unlimited budget.

Also, we must keep the "girls" contained, I am guessing!
31.gif

ETA: I guess it really only matters if HARRIET finds us neurotic...if not, we're all good to go!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/22/2008 10:20:02 PM
Author: Harleigh
Hi again,

Look to the first page for what Harriet was looking for...she mentioned short or tea length, white, cream or ivory, and a seemingly unlimited budget.

Also, we must keep the ''girls'' contained, I am guessing!
31.gif

ETA: I guess it really only matters if HARRIET finds us neurotic...if not, we''re all good to go!
My favorite part!!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2008 10:24:41 PM

Date: 4/22/2008 10:20:02 PM
Author: Harleigh
Hi again,

Also, we must keep the ''girls'' contained, I am guessing!
31.gif

ETA: I guess it really only matters if HARRIET finds us neurotic...if not, we''re all good to go!
My favorite part!!
LOL...this is going to be funnnnnn!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
To echo the fun green of the tsavorite earrings!

ChristianLetsGo.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm so far the shoes I''ve picked cost more than the dress. Oops.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Darn...I''ve already spent too much time on PS! Must run off to study!! I''ll play more later.

golden

Shiny_Rock
Is there a picture of the earrings? I have not seen them.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ladies, you are cracking me up!
9.gif

Harleigh,
Yup, the girls need discipline. I like the vintage dress that you posted, but not the frou frou at the back.

CrownJewels,
How do you know that Manolos are my shoes of choice?

Golden,
I haven''t unleashed the earring plans on Leon yet.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2008 9:12:43 PM
Harleigh! Yeah! Hmmm...Ms. Harriet must be working hard today huh? Let''s just plan her whole wedding in her absence.

Harriet, seriously if you don''t give me and Harleigh a budget, I think we could do some major damage. Here''s one by my favorite bridal designer, Melissa Sweet Nell
I''m pretty sure this is exactly what the lovely Harriet is hoping will happen
31.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw, am I that much of a bum?
9.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
LOL...nevah! We''re just having fun ignoring our own priorities!!!

Which vintage dress did you like? The one from ebay? Also, may I ask what size are we looking for? A lot of these are in pretty limited sizes!

I swear I''m going to get some of my own work done before I tackle any more of Harriet''s work!
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup, the one from ebay. Need help with anything? I need some fun too!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
LOL...you''re limiting our possibilities!!

For reference, everybody, here is the vintage dress from ebay that Harriet likes, only she would like it without the frou frou on the back:

17bf_1.jpg

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
I missed the part asking if I needed anything...

Sure, could you put together a collage of green, fuschia and cream cymbidium orchids next to the name and picture of clothing each of the bridal party will be wearing???
9.gif

I could also use some help getting people in Maui to help me get both the Welcome Dinner and Wedding Dinner Reception planned...as I''ve mentioned before, they''re all on "Island time!" Arghhh!
32.gif

Get right on that, will ya?
31.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Wow, this is a tough job!

How do you feel about champagne?

I think this dress is absolutely stunning and perfect for your style of wedding if you do it in New York: HERE

You could fasten the top with a beautiful brooch, maybe add lace if the keyhole area is too open? It''s from MyShape.com, which is supposed to be flattering to a variety of shapes...check out some of their other things!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
There''s not a lot out there with sleeves...how about THIS?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results