Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love your new diamond @nala . It makes me want to upgrade!!!:mrgreen:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your new diamond @nala . It makes me want to upgrade!!!:mrgreen:

Do it. Do it. Do it!
lol. Thank you. But seriously, start a thread so that we can all her juicy details!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! What an absolutely STUNNING diamond!!! Loved following your bling journey too.. thanks for taking us along on the ride!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! What an absolutely STUNNING diamond!!! Loved following your bling journey too.. thanks for taking us along on the ride!

Anytime! Thanks for coming along!!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it @nala ! It’s gorgeous and Elegant. I hope this diamond is Everything and more for you!! :)

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
god that stone is so bright! How do you feel now about the color upgrade? Are you starting to notice it? And I really like the setting!

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Hello All! I have to be honest, I hadn’t started a thread here for a number of reasons. First, I wanted to be 1000th percent sure that my upgrade would be a keeper. Then. I wanted to debut her in a perfect dress. Finally, I needed a fitting title. Well 2 out of 3 isn’t bad, lol.
I’m going to post pics in the first halo setting-my jeweler had me examine her in this setting-only bc that’s the one that I took at the time. Then I recycled a solitaire setting when I decided to keep her because I wanted focus on the stone. I hate the prongs but I’ll live until I decide my next move for the setting. For now, this will do and I’m in no hurry to reset but I did want to show her off.
So a bit of background for those of you who didn’t follow the thread. This stone is not ideal cut and scores a 3.4 on the HCA scale. She weighs 2.9 but only measures 9.03 by 9.09 bc she is a deep girl. With her angles, I don’t think many pser’s would consider her. And I had already written her off were it not For some lovely pser’s who encouraged me to check her out in person—based on the video. Thanks again @yssie @SimoneDi @stonewell. Thanks also to @Rockdiamond for talking some sense into me about the idea that beauty exists outside of certain angles.
When I finally met her, I got a chance to compare her to my old stone—that Although not an ideal cut, had passed the ideal scope and hca test and I loved dearly. She was a super performer but I had become dissatisfied with the I color and clarity. So I fell hard for this one, in all her brightness and crispiness! and I scoped her and she passed the test! I was sooo relieved!!! But I was still skeptical. And so I’ve been spending all this time scrutinizing her under every light and corner and setting! And I am soooo in love! She doesn’t fail to disappoint. As to the title. She has become my escape. I would not have upgraded if Covid hadn’t cancelled my vacation plans. Or if I was caught up in my day to day life, lol. Truth is that I looked into the upgrade bc I needed a pick me up and here we are. I’ve been teaching online for a few weeks now and learning all kind of technology and jumping through all these new challenges that this pandemic has made me feel like A year 1 teacher. So my ring has become my escape! Every time I need a break, I take her out and photograph her! And stare. And fall in love. And fantasize about her new dress.
So here she is. My 2.9 E. si1 Gia with medium blue flour.

@nala , this is so gorgeous and your journey has been so inspiring! Congratulations! May I also add, I have learned so much from you and your analysis, as you have considered the various aspects of this fabulous diamond and whether or not it meets certain criteria. I really appreciate that as well!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
god that stone is so bright! How do you feel now about the color upgrade? Are you starting to notice it? And I really like the setting!

Omg! Yes!!! The whiteness has become very obvious, especially bc I went shopping for a setting in the LA jewelry mart—just to get ideas. And I couldn’t find a single match in the sea so stock settings. I too have gained an appreciation for my current setting Bc it’s A great match! I’m learning delayed gratification and I don’t want to jump into another setting until I know for sure.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala , this is so gorgeous and your journey has been so inspiring! Congratulations! May I also add, I have learned so much from you and your analysis, as you have considered the various aspects of this fabulous diamond and whether or not it meets certain criteria. I really appreciate that as well!

Thank you!!! In great part, I had mentally prepared myself to accept that I was not purchasing a branded ideal stone—had that been the case, it would have cost me double what I paid. I also knew that it was small fit it’s weight at 9.03 by 9.09 mm. But I was ok with that bc I was not looking to upgrade for size. Color and clarity had started to bug me in my previous stone so much so that it was the first thing my eyes registered and I couldn’t really enjoy it as much as I used to. But I was also prepared to know what aspects were deal breakers. And I can honestly say that I am still 1000th percent sure that she is right for me!

Last edited:

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Everything is gorgeous about your diamond!! WOW WOW WOW!!! Congratulations, it looks stunning on you.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Oh nala, I am so thrilled for you. I kept up with the highs and lows of your journey in another thread. You ended up with a beautiful stone!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh nala, I am so thrilled for you. I kept up with the highs and lows of your journey in another thread. You ended up with a beautiful stone!

Thanks for following! It definitely was not smooth sailing, lol. I think that’s how I learned delayed gratification—it really was a learning experience!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Oh she is exquisite and I can see how you get lost in those facets. Looks amazing.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
So glad it worked out for you! It sure is beautiful.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a beautiful ring! Wear it in good health.

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous diamond! I LOVE her in a solitaire setting.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
It is amazing! Came back to see the new photoshoot! I love that size!

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
Such a gorgeous diamond ring. The size and colour is a dream combination!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a gorgeous diamond ring. The size and colour is a dream combination!

Thank you! Never did I ever think I could reach this combo! It really was a matter of taking a chance and making a compromise but so far no regrets!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
I really didn't like the setting with a mrb, when you posted it initially. But my was I wrong! This is stunning and beuatiful!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you!!! In great part, I had mentally prepared myself to accept that I was not purchasing a branded ideal stone—had that been the case, it would have cost me double what I paid. I also knew that it was small fit it’s weight at 9.03 by 9.09 mm. But I was ok with that bc I was not looking to upgrade for size. Color and clarity had started to bug me in my previous stone so much so that it was the first thing my eyes registered and I couldn’t really enjoy it as much as I used to. But I was also prepared to know what aspects were deal breakers. And I can honestly say that I am still 1000th percent sure that she is right for me!

I’m so happy for you @nala!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results