shape
carat
color
clarity

My E is for Escape...

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is soo beautiful! I love this setting! It's perfect for you. And you've inspired me to have a second setting! I live that you change up your settings. Do you think this one will be your forever setting or you will go back to your new fishtail setting? Both are stunning. I really love the VC setting for you with your gorgeous diamond. :kiss2:

Ty!! You know, having a second setting is fun! And why not?? What are you going to get? I do love my previous one and intend to revisit it at some point—-in the distant future——but right now I’m enjoying my dream setting!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ty! It was a 2.52 GIA I, Si2 and it measured 8.68 by 8.72. I know this one faces up small at 9.02 by 9.09 but given the price I paid, I think that was factored in.

Thank you @nala I‘m asking because I’m going to upgrade the color which may mean I’ll go down in size. When it gets close..sometime at the beginning of the year...I’ll start a thread and get some help...

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Ty!! You know, having a second setting is fun! And why not?? What are you going to get? I do love my previous one and intend to revisit it at some point—-in the distant future——but right now I’m enjoying my dream setting!!!

Your dream setting is amazingly stunning and beautiful! I picked up a fabulous deal on louptroop, which is a BG tapered classic 6 prong platinum setting! I have the BG dream setting in my avatar. My original ering that hubby got for me was a 6 prong solitaire. The setting wasn't comfortable and I didn't love the diamond so he returned the ring lol. Part of me longs to wear a classic 6 prong solitare sometimes. It was a great deal so I'm sure at some point, I'll throw my diamond in the 6 prong and see how I like it. This new setting feels very comfortable so I think it will work. He thinks I'm a little cray to change the setting but why not? :lol:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @nala I‘m asking because I’m going to upgrade the color which may mean I’ll go down in size. When it gets close..sometime at the beginning of the year...I’ll start a thread and get some help...

Since you are debating size over color, check this out! My sister recently got a 1.94 I vs2 for her 29th anniversary. I recommended whiteflash and her hubby surprised her by picking from her top choices. I finally got to see her ring and it’s gorgeous!! We took side by side pics and I’m magnifying mine for you so that you can see the color difference. The first disclaimer is that the lighting was horrible! Gloomy day! From a distance, her I looks very white and is even set in a Simon G setting with F-G stones—I believe. But the ACA looks right at home. 8690D13B-3413-4599-B2FE-0AD92B466A0D.jpeg F77BC5AD-1D72-4010-B369-CED645F28E13.jpeg 35711AA9-843D-4CE7-B87E-F080DBFA09ED.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since you are debating size over color, check this out! My sister recently got a 1.94 I vs2 for her 29th anniversary. I recommended whiteflash and her hubby surprised her by picking from her top choices. I finally got to see her ring and it’s gorgeous!! We took side by side pics and I’m magnifying mine for you so that you can see the color difference. The first disclaimer is that the lighting was horrible! Gloomy day! From a distance, her I looks very white and is even set in a Simon G setting with F-G stones—I believe. But the ACA looks right at home. 8690D13B-3413-4599-B2FE-0AD92B466A0D.jpeg F77BC5AD-1D72-4010-B369-CED645F28E13.jpeg 35711AA9-843D-4CE7-B87E-F080DBFA09ED.jpeg

Thank you @nala! That was so sweet of you! Your sister’s diamond is beautiful! Is your diamond Gia graded? I just got an offer for Libby which is contingent that it is up to GiA standards. She is AGS certified. The person said AGS is sometimes one to two grades off. :-o

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @nala! That was so sweet of you! Your sister’s diamond is beautiful! Is your diamond Gia graded? I just got an offer for Libby which is contingent that it is up to GiA standards. She is AGS certified. The person said AGS is sometimes one to two grades off. :-o

First. Wow. You are definitely taking steps forward! I know I suggested selling Libby rather than your gorgeous asscher, so I’m happy for you if you move In that direction to hit your dream ACA. Yes. My stone is GIA E with med blue flourescence. I hope it works out for you!!! What color do you think you will aim for in your new ACA?

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
First. Wow. You are definitely taking steps forward! I know I suggested selling Libby rather than your gorgeous asscher, so I’m happy for you if you move In that direction to hit your dream ACA. Yes. My stone is GIA E with med blue flourescence. I hope it works out for you!!! What color do you think you will aim for in your new ACA?

I’m not sure I can give her up because I’m not going to get what I would like. I don’t want to give her away. I toyed with getting an h first. I’m color sensitive so I don’t know if that would work for me. I would like to get a g like Libby..My studs are a g but GIA graded. I’m making myself blind trying to see if there’s a difference in color because of the different labs.. lol My dream is an F but I’m cheap! Haha I don’t want to hijack your thread. I wish we had messenger!

Last edited:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not sure I can give her up because I’m not going to get what I would like. I don’t want to give her away. I toyed with getting an h first. I’m color sensitive so I don’t know if that would work for me. I would like to get a g like Libby..My studs a g but GIA graded. I’m making myself blind trying to see if there’s a difference in color because of the different labs.. lol My dream is an F but I’m cheap! Haha I don’t want to hijack your thread. I wish we had messenger!

No worries! Threads are meant to be hijacked!!! That’s what makes reading them so much fun! Maybe we should start a thread in real life color comparisons! I’ll go ahead and do that and maybe others can chime in!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Hello All! I have to be honest, I hadn’t started a thread here for a number of reasons. First, I wanted to be 1000th percent sure that my upgrade would be a keeper. Then. I wanted to debut her in a perfect dress. Finally, I needed a fitting title. Well 2 out of 3 isn’t bad, lol.
I’m going to post pics in the first halo setting-my jeweler had me examine her in this setting-only bc that’s the one that I took at the time. Then I recycled a solitaire setting when I decided to keep her because I wanted focus on the stone. I hate the prongs but I’ll live until I decide my next move for the setting. For now, this will do and I’m in no hurry to reset but I did want to show her off.
So a bit of background for those of you who didn’t follow the thread. This stone is not ideal cut and scores a 3.4 on the HCA scale. She weighs 2.9 but only measures 9.03 by 9.09 bc she is a deep girl. With her angles, I don’t think many pser’s would consider her. And I had already written her off were it not For some lovely pser’s who encouraged me to check her out in person—based on the video. Thanks again @yssie @SimoneDi @stonewell. Thanks also to @Rockdiamond for talking some sense into me about the idea that beauty exists outside of certain angles.
When I finally met her, I got a chance to compare her to my old stone—that Although not an ideal cut, had passed the ideal scope and hca test and I loved dearly. She was a super performer but I had become dissatisfied with the I color and clarity. So I fell hard for this one, in all her brightness and crispiness! and I scoped her and she passed the test! I was sooo relieved!!! But I was still skeptical. And so I’ve been spending all this time scrutinizing her under every light and corner and setting! And I am soooo in love! She doesn’t fail to disappoint. As to the title. She has become my escape. I would not have upgraded if Covid hadn’t cancelled my vacation plans. Or if I was caught up in my day to day life, lol. Truth is that I looked into the upgrade bc I needed a pick me up and here we are. I’ve been teaching online for a few weeks now and learning all kind of technology and jumping through all these new challenges that this pandemic has made me feel like A year 1 teacher. So my ring has become my escape! Every time I need a break, I take her out and photograph her! And stare. And fall in love. And fantasize about her new dress.
So here she is. My 2.9 E. si1 Gia with medium blue flour.
Congrats on this beautiful icy ring, @nala!!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to @ellekay for suggesting that I update this thread with my reset. So although my Emilya is my holy grail setting, she is high maintenance and that they gave an excuse to give into my most recent reset-itis itch!! I do plan to hang on to my halo and reset it when life goes back to normal but since I work from home—I don’t want to risk losing any pave. Most of you know I bought my halo second-hand so I do shudder to think what will happen if the unthinkable happens! I don’t think VC will repair it so for the time being I need a hefty ring that I don’t have to be constantly checking on! Lol. That’s not to say that I garden or wash the dishes with it, but even sticking my hands in my coat pocket during the winter walks or jogging can make me fret. So here is my new 3 stone. I actually had this setting and the tweaked it. Sides are .31 carats each.
19A9C7A0-FDD4-47DB-96D6-E65D00599F35.jpeg

Attachments

• 0AE388F6-9E46-4B4B-9892-49289919AE41.jpeg
    0AE388F6-9E46-4B4B-9892-49289919AE41.jpeg
    130.4 KB · Views: 21
  • B88F7B34-B589-4E24-B587-0F4642225C27.jpeg
    B88F7B34-B589-4E24-B587-0F4642225C27.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 21
  • CC81A8BA-22DF-41B0-8B82-55EE5BE23AB1.jpeg
    CC81A8BA-22DF-41B0-8B82-55EE5BE23AB1.jpeg
    201 KB · Views: 22
  • 5F2CC922-675C-4EF6-B841-570769C9FE31.jpeg
    5F2CC922-675C-4EF6-B841-570769C9FE31.jpeg
    170.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 5F03A70D-E438-4DB6-8C0A-EA27A5064135.jpeg
    5F03A70D-E438-4DB6-8C0A-EA27A5064135.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 23518DA9-C2DD-4C69-978A-6C33001BB037.jpeg
    23518DA9-C2DD-4C69-978A-6C33001BB037.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 23
  • D94C52CC-7C79-484F-A7E3-4D6C168A2E32.jpeg
    D94C52CC-7C79-484F-A7E3-4D6C168A2E32.jpeg
    175.2 KB · Views: 26

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it @nala I too would be wary of losing pave stones. This is gorgeous!!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elegant and beautiful. I love it.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Love your stack on the top right corner (one with blue sleeves showing!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your stack on the top right corner (one with blue sleeves showing!

Thank you! I wasn’t too sure that I would even try stacking, tbh. I think I prefer to go solo but I have so many stackers that I can experiment!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to @ellekay for suggesting that I update this thread with my reset. So although my Emilya is my holy grail setting, she is high maintenance and that they gave an excuse to give into my most recent reset-itis itch!! I do plan to hang on to my halo and reset it when life goes back to normal but since I work from home—I don’t want to risk losing any pave. Most of you know I bought my halo second-hand so I do shudder to think what will happen if the unthinkable happens! I don’t think VC will repair it so for the time being I need a hefty ring that I don’t have to be constantly checking on! Lol. That’s not to say that I garden or wash the dishes with it, but even sticking my hands in my coat pocket during the winter walks or jogging can make me fret. So here is my new 3 stone. I actually had this setting and the tweaked it. Sides are .31 carats each.
19A9C7A0-FDD4-47DB-96D6-E65D00599F35.jpeg

Beautiful, @nala! I get your point about settings with pavè although the VC Emilya is beautiful.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you deserve the title of “Queen of resetting” in PS=)2 your new ring is beautiful!! Love the proportion!!!

Hahaha! I’m sure You aren’t the only one thinking that! But I’m sure there are some who would give me a run for my money—this is PS, after all!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, @nala! I get your point about settings with pavè although the VC Emilya is beautiful.

Ty! That’s not to say it isn’t high quality and would prob withstand my day to day —but why risk it now? I’ll gladly take the risk when life is back to normal!

ellekay

Rough_Rock
OMG I'm in love! Thank you so much for posting more pictures! Tell us more about the setting. Can you take a picture of the profile? I'd love to see how high up it's set.

I loved looking through all your settings! Such a gorgeous stone.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I'm in love! Thank you so much for posting more pictures! Tell us more about the setting. Can you take a picture of the profile? I'd love to see how high up it's set.

I loved looking through all your settings! Such a gorgeous stone.
Thank you!
I realize that I don’t have any good profile shots—lol. Prob bc it’s such a basic setting. The height is nothing special and this type of setting could really go lower than I have it. I don’t mind the way it is but I wish I would have gone lower.

Last edited:

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
It’s beautiful, perfect upgrade.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nala! :wavey:
WOW!! Your new reset is GORGEOUS!!!
It really highlights how large and lovely your stone is.
I love the chunky prongs and the theme of little round- big round - little round.
Enjoy it!!!!

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
Wow! So, so beautiful!

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Nala, your ring is insanely beautiful.
No one here minds more photos from every angle :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results