shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My 2021 Sparkly Year In Review

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all the onyx, turquoise and diamonds, especially! Wouldn't you want your onyx 20 in yg to go with your earrings and bracelet?

That dragonfly is gorgeous!!! And the studs are perfection!

I actually almost bought the Tiffany starfish but am going with a different one instead (it hasn't come yet)! I love all of your new additions!

Oh, how clever to put those initials on the earring cases!!!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Final photo of the evening...a shot of the top drawer of my Stackers jewelry box. It shows some of my new 2021 treasures. There are many older pieces in there too. I just thought it looked pretty and is a good last photo.

Thanks y'all for listening! May the Sparklies be with you!

Jewelry Box.jpg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new pieces are incredible! You look wonderful in all of them, but my favorites are the onyx pieces. What a sparkly year you had! Wear them in good health.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
PriceScopers are inspirations to me, you all continually offer support and guidance, and lead by example with thoughtful collecting. A big hug to all of you!

One of the many people I want to send a special thank you to is @diamondseeker2006 -- you are a true inspiration in every way. Thank you! :love:

Okay, I'm off to bed now -- its been a day. I'll respond to all the lovely comments you beautiful ladies have made tomorrow.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on a thoroughly successful Year of Sparklies! Thanks for sharing your fabulous collection, and for the IRL shots. Perspective is great. I confess that I've always loved dimples (and SO wanted them as a kid)—you have great dimples! :D

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Your diamond earrings are the most perfect size for your ears. They look wonderful.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your curated collection is phenomenal @RunningwithScissors :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:,
I hope each piece brings you so much blingy joy!
Also, fantastic news regarding your dad, I hope his health continues to improve.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Quite a collection you have there, @RunningwithScissors !! Timeless, classic and elegant pieces; they’re as beautiful as the lady who wears them❤️❤️❤️
Thanks for sharing your collection with us, and wear them in good health.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pieces that will stand the test of time and that you obviously love and enjoy wearing; jewellery doesn't get better than that!

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely love love your collection. It’s so well curated and thought out. Your studs are my absolute favorite….they are amazing size and look great on you

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
What a year! Thanks for sharing your pictures, love seeing the year in review!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SWOON!!!!!

THUD!!!!!!!

:kiss2:

Absolutely STUNNING collection and an even more gorgeous person inside and out. And so happy your dad made a full recovery! Sending well wishes his way and wear your gorgeous collection in good health and very blingy joy!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on these wonderful pieces!!!!
Wow, wow, wow!! Drooling here!!!!

Enjoy them well!!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I love them all! After the diamonds (obvi) I am drawn toward that amazing vintage cab pendant. Just exquisite! What an enviable collection you have. Wear in blingy joy!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning collection of beautiful classic pieces! I wish you many years of pleasure owning and wearing them.
Also happy that your dad has recovered well.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You've put together a wonderful collection and it shows how much thought you've put into it. Enjoy it and wear it in good health.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
oh my goodness gracious.
Your collection from this year is the epitome of class and elegance. Truly each piece is timeless.

And I don't want to be tacky about commenting on age at all, but you are beautiful and I would have never guessed you're close to 50, ever. <3

Congrats on a stunning collection, and thanks for sharing!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh goodness. So glad your father has recovered so well!! I hope he keeps his feet closer to the ground - no need to be up on ladders with chainsaws any more!! ;(

And I have to laugh, not too many people would name a 2.5ct precision-cut D colour high-clarity diamond “dainty” :bigsmile:

I wish video hosting platforms didn’t compress so much. Those two stud stones are *phenomenal* matches. From different vendors, no less!! I was commenting to some friends just a couple of days ago that I’d been very lucky to find my own stud mate, no recutting or tweaking required. Even within the ranks of precision cut rounds - matching this well within size and colour constraints is… Lucky. You really couldn’t have done better with those. When you look at them in-person - can you tell which is which without a loupe?
And the setting, gosh, not at all, that crown motif is a staple in vintage pieces - I take no credit for it! It suits your stones beautifully ::)

The dragonfly!!!!!! I’ve wanted to see more pictures of this!! :love: Such a treasure, and looks STUNNING perched on your black top and dress. I can imagine it must be a conversation starter!? I’d love more pictures of this. Is it just one pin on the underside?

So I’ve historically not been much for capsules or sets… In that - I tend to buy whatever appeals and “figure out what to do with it” later. With the end effect of having a number of pieces that don’t get worn. I’ve vowed to experiment more with what I’ve already got in 2022. I don’t wear necklaces but a DBTY seems like the ultimate #capsule piece - and it wouldn’t be too much with ring and studs and brooch at all, if the neckline works :love: And I also worry about hoop earrings on myself, because one of my ears faces forward a touch more than the other and it makes me terribly self-conscious even if my husband assured me that no one else can see it! So I’m going to just wear some hoops anyway, and see if I can’t get over myself. I’ve always liked the look of a substantial hoop like your new RC. I think in Western culture it’s a fusion of classic and edgy? In Indian culture hoops and cluster earrings are the everyday norm… And the older I get the more I’m drawn more to things that reflect my birth culture. I think I stayed in teenage aesthetic rebellion for a few decades too long :lol:

Hah! The Leatherology cases!! So glad those worked our for you!! I adore mine, they’re so cheery - I just wish they’d come out with more colours!!!

Ohhh. Okay. Loving the group shots. Sorry this response is all over the place, I’m reading in one browser window and typing in another - so you’re getting a wholly unedited stream-of-consciousness here :halo: But your group shots… So I felt the same way about Alhambra. Coloured clovers, plain as anything, what’s got everyone going over here? And then I saw them in person, and just like you, I *got* it. Like a static zap. Their real world appeal is in precisely what still photos can’t convey - the simplicity reads “fresh”and the bright colours are just so festive!! No wonder it’s still so popular half a century after release. And your selections fit really well with your collection. Based on just the group photos you’ve shared in this thread - I feel like I can guess whether or not you’d like other pieces. You and @m-2-b and @DorotheaBrooke, you all have such clearly defined collections!!
And I’d forgotten that you had the onyx and YG bracelet, what do you think about adding the 20? It’s stock, no SO madness, and it would complete the set… ❤️

I didn’t even mention the tennis bracelet. How far are you from having all the stones you’ll need? You must be close right!? That’s going to be a project for the books. Everyone’s got a tennis bracelet or two. An ultra-luxe hand-selected completely-mind-clean tennis bracelet, that’s not exactly commonplace :cool2:

You had the best bling year @RunningwithScissors!! :love: Congratulations on all your beautiful pieces, you chose them with love and intention and those feelings come through ::)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, @RunningwithScissors, on all your lovely new pieces. Wishing you many years of joy!

And wonderful news re your dad - better than any jewel!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing all of your lovely, classic pieces! They are gorgeous and you wear them well. Fingers crossed that you get the bracelet completed this year; availability has probably not been plentiful.
Your Dad’s recovery sounds remarkable. Hope he enjoys many more years of the good life!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I love your approach to acquiring your much-wanted capsule collection. Each piece is a treasure. And a classic. I wish that my younger self had thought of acquiring a capsule collection of stunning basics. I adore that dragonfly brooch, no wait, I covet that brooch :). Thank you so much for sharing your collection.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fab-u-lous! :kiss2:

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Well you and your collection are absolutely stunning! Thank you so much for sharing, and you are 100% correct in that the photos of the jewelry being worn are so helpful for envisioning and planning. Thank you for helping your fellow PSers to this level! Such detail! I love it all.

I’m curious if you did a lot of collection culling along the way? I’d love to hear more about your process, if you’d like to share.

Amazing news about your dad’s recovery!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results