shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My 2021 Sparkly Year In Review

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
This post is looong overdue!

2021 was a rollercoaster year for me and my family. There were low times (my father had a massive stroke, and part of my house collapsed in the Texas freeze). But there were also miracles. My father, against the odds, regained so much of his health and mobility that he's able to return to being an obstinate old cuss again and scaring us all by climbing ladders with chainsaws :oops: (and falling off.)

2021 was the best Bling year of my life. Since childhood, I have always desired a high-quality, capsule jewelry wardrobe of classic pieces. I began that collection in 2019 when my husband and I acquired "Dainty" my CBI engagement ring upgrade. 2021 saw my collection increase with the following 10 pieces I will share with you below.

I've photographed the items both on their own, and also worn on my person. I'm posting the modeling pics NOT because I'm in love with my own image (its actually very difficult for me to look at myself nearing 50 -- where did all my collagen go? :confused2:) but in an attempt to be helpful for others. PriceScope is a wonderful resource for anyone contemplating their next jewelry purchase and seeing how an item looks on a living body, is, in my opinion, invaluable.

So without further ado. Here are my 10 Bling Beauties of 2021...

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
1. "Flotsam" & "Jetsam"

ACA + CBI = A match made in Heaven

My new studs!!! I loooove them and wear them almost every day. They are true disco balls. They shoot laser lights, seriously.

3.792 ctw
ACA 1.902 ct E VVS2
CBI 1.890 E VS1

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
The settings are in platinum, and are a custom crown design. I want to thank @donnabrsd and @yssie -- they came up with the design, and with their permission, I copied it. It lays perfectly flat on my ear. Super comfortable!

Check out the light show in that first image...

Flotsam & Jetsam with Hat 1.jpg

Flotsam & Jetsam with Hat 2.jpg

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
A family shot: Flotsam, Jetsam, and Dainty

(Dainty is a 2.5 ct D VS1 CBI and still the most intensely sparkly diamond I have ever seen in person, bar none.)

Flotsam & Jetsam & Dainty Family.jpg

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
And because we all miss him, here's to @Dancing Fire's memory. He always wanted to see the certs. It always chaffed me. But now I'm so sorry it did. I hope he's smiling down at all of us...

Flotsam:

Jetsam.jpg

Jetsam:

Flotsam.jpg

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
The diamond melee in this is the most fiery I've ever seen. It kicks butt. Seriously.

I'm an old fashioned gal and I love brooches. My "go-to" ensemble for date night dinner out, or gallery openings (a routine part of my career) is Dainty, Flotsam & Jetsam and Draco. That's it. Any more and I would be over-done. But these three "stations" on my body are perfection. And they are so easy...just grab and go and I'm out the door feeling like a million bucks!

Tiffany Dragonfly Brooch in restaurant 8.jpg

Last edited:

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
All of your pieces are beautiful. If that is close to 50 you are clearly doing something right. You look gorgeous!

Edited to add.....I do understand though because I am in the same boat.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
3. Diamond Station Necklace from WhiteFlash

(Any suggestions for names?)

16.75 inches, Nine .2 diamonds, D-E color, VVS clarity (melee is upgraded from their regular) Platinum 1 mm chain

Whiteflash-by-the-Yard-Diamond-Necklace-in-Platinum-by-Whiteflash_69971_a copy.JPG

Whiteflash-by-the-Yard-Diamond-Necklace-in-Platinum-by-Whiteflash_69971_g copy.jpg

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
4. Five "Pings" (12 total in my collection) for my Tennis Bracelet Project

"Pings" are what I'm calling the individual ACAs that I'm collecting. They crackle with light, so in my mind they make a "pinging" sound.

Each one is between .33 - .35 cts, all are D color, clarity ranges from IF to VVS2, all are ACAs)

Here are 11 of my 12 total lined up on my kitchen island...

Tennis Bracelet Pings on Kitchen Island 2 copy.jpg

Tennis Bracelet Pings on Kitchen Island close up copy.jpg

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
5. Roberto Coin Diamond Hoops

23 mm hoops, 2.35 ctw, 18K white gold

These are actually fairly casual in person. I tried on a lot of diamond hoops. Yeah, I'm not going to lie, I would love larger diamonds in my hoops, and I would prefer to have them colorless diamonds. But I have a gram weight threshold for earrings and in order to wear earrings all day, which is a requirement for any I purchase, then they need to not be above 9 grams. These are about 6.5 grams, so light as a feather. They have good sparkle too!

I am enjoying these and get a lot of wear out of them, especially for when I want a little bling on my ears, but when Flotsam & Jetsam are too much for the occassion.

Roberto Coin Diamond Hoops 1 copy.jpg

Roberto Coin Diamond Hoops 2 copy.jpg

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
6. Van Cleef & Arpels -- 2 Pairs of Earrings and 1 Bracelet

I'm an artist and I am really drawn to bold, graphic patterns. Until I had tried on VCA in person, I didn't understand what the appeal was. But oh man once I could see these on my ears, feel them, wear them...! These are now some of my most-worn items.

The black onyx pieces continually surprise me by how they go with so many different colored outfits. The biggest revelation, is that they look the best with light, summer clothes! I would have thought them "winter" jewelry because they are dark, but oh no, they really "pop" with white and light pink t-shirts, cotton blouses, etc. And because they are black, they seem a little racy too. :P2.

VCA Vintage Alhambra Family 1.jpg

VCA Vintage Alhambra Black Onyx Pair.jpg

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
And I adore the color turquoise. Refreshes my eye like a cool pool of water.

These are the smaller, "Sweet Alhambra" earrings. I'm sometimes out in the field painting, so I need minimal bling. But I can't stand to have naked ears! So these little bitties are perfect.

VCA Sweet Alhambra Turqoise Earrings 1.jpg

VCA Sweet Alhambra Turqoise Earrings 2.jpg

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
7. Tiffany's Elsa Peretti Starfish Necklace in 18K YG

8. David Yurman 16" Box Chain Necklace in 18K YG
(pre-loved, purchased from Fashionphile)

9. Vintage Dangle Earrings - Turquoise and 18K YG (1970's "Futurist" style)

10. Antique Garnet and 9K Rose Gold Orb Pendant
(I still need a chain for this)

Here is a cool metal family photo:

1 Tiffany Dragonfly Brooch Studs DBTY small copy.jpg

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Another thank you to @yssie for the great idea of making jewelry travel cases out of Leatherology lipstick cases.

I had two made with the initials of what I carry inside them...F&J for Flotsam & Jetsam, and VCA for, well, VCA...

1 Leatherology Cases ALL with Earrings.jpg

Leatherology Case F&J.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results