shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My 2021 Sparkly Year In Review

Leigh10

Shiny_Rock
Another thank you to @yssie for the great idea of making jewelry travel cases out of Leatherology lipstick cases.

I had two made with the initials of what I carry inside them...F&J for Flotsam & Jetsam, and VCA for, well, VCA...

1 Leatherology Cases ALL with Earrings.jpg

Leatherology Case F&J.jpg

Great idea! I've never been satisfied with the way I travel with jewelry. This idea is a game changer... thank you!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This post is looong overdue!

2021 was a rollercoaster year for me and my family. There were low times (my father had a massive stroke, and part of my house collapsed in the Texas freeze). But there were also miracles. My father, against the odds, regained so much of his health and mobility that he's able to return to being an obstinate old cuss again and scaring us all by climbing ladders with chainsaws :oops: (and falling off.)

2021 was the best Bling year of my life. Since childhood, I have always desired a high-quality, capsule jewelry wardrobe of classic pieces. I began that collection in 2019 when my husband and I acquired "Dainty" my CBI engagement ring upgrade. 2021 saw my collection increase with the following 10 pieces I will share with you below.

I've photographed the items both on their own, and also worn on my person. I'm posting the modeling pics NOT because I'm in love with my own image (its actually very difficult for me to look at myself nearing 50 -- where did all my collagen go? :confused2:) but in an attempt to be helpful for others. PriceScope is a wonderful resource for anyone contemplating their next jewelry purchase and seeing how an item looks on a living body, is, in my opinion, invaluable.

So without further ado. Here are my 10 Bling Beauties of 2021...

Runningwithscissors.. Oh my goodness!!!
What rock was I hiding under that I missed your incredibly FABULOUS thread????
First and foremost.. so glad that your Dad is on the mend and recovering from his stroke.
Second I absolutely LOVED each and every piece of jewelry that you posted. It's a true collection for the ages.. varied, classic and dazzling all at the same time.
Last but not least.. you look 29 not 49 as you said you are nearing 50.
You collagen is most certainly intact.. swan around in your finery because you look fabulous.
Thank you for letting us all enjoy the beauty!

secretagentdee

Rough_Rock
Thank you SecretAgentDee! (lol I love your screen name!)

My favs are my new studs too, I wear them everyday, even when no one is hear to see them, not even my DH. They just brighten my day (and we all need that sometimes!)

Lol thanks. It was a email address I had when I was 18 and still use but now I’m in my 40s it’s embarrassing when I think about it but it makes a good username:)

I hear you nothing like abit of bling to cheer us up, especially in your recent events. I’m sorry to hear.

You have gorgeous pieces so enjoy it all!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Runningwithscissors.. Oh my goodness!!!
What rock was I hiding under that I missed your incredibly FABULOUS thread????
First and foremost.. so glad that your Dad is on the mend and recovering from his stroke.
Second I absolutely LOVED each and every piece of jewelry that you posted. It's a true collection for the ages.. varied, classic and dazzling all at the same time.
Last but not least.. you look 29 not 49 as you said you are nearing 50.
You collagen is most certainly intact.. swan around in your finery because you look fabulous.
Thank you for letting us all enjoy the beauty!

Thanks @Rubies-R-Me ! This means a lot coming from you -- a beautiful lady with a fabulous bling collection!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
It is insane how well your two diamonds match! CRAZY! love love love

Thanks so much @Gemstonesrock ! My journey to finding these two matching stones was not straight forward. I first had two 1 ct each CBI studs, but shrinkage syndrome set in fast, so I combined both CBIs in an upgrade for 1 1.89 ct stone. Then I had to wait until my wallet stopped screaming to look for a mate to it. I found a 1.82 ct ACA which I purchased first, though it wasn't a perfect match. While the diamonds were being set, a new ACA popped up on WF's website -- it was a perfect match, so I halted the setting process and upgraded the diamond. Whew! The whole upgrade process took about 9 months -- that's a long time with naked ears! But worth it in the end.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!!! @PreRaphaelite said it right - an honours class in beauty and quality! Both you and your beautiful jewels!!! You, and your high standards, are very much an inspiration for me and clearly others on this forum.

I am also happy to hear that your father recovered, you must be immensely relieved.

Thank you for doing this thread, and being willing to do the modeling pictures!! You are so beautiful, and from what I can see, you have loads and loads of collagen left, lol!!! It does make such a difference to see the pieces on a real life person (even one who actually looks like a professional model...). :wavey::clap:

Awww...thanks so much @Fabulous50 !! Very kind of you!!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous collection and I'm so glad your dad is better.
On a totally separate note, nearing 50?!? I am begging for your youth and beauty secrets!

Thanks so much @mrsctobe !!! You are so kind.

Im not sure I have any beauty secrets other than find a good facial sunscreen you like and wear it every time you go outside, don't smoke, try to get enough rest, eat the highest quality food you can but don't overeat, get lots of veggies, and try to enjoy life and love others and yourself. :)

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much @Gemstonesrock ! My journey to finding these two matching stones was not straight forward. I first had two 1 ct each CBI studs, but shrinkage syndrome set in fast, so I combined both CBIs in an upgrade for 1 1.89 ct stone. Then I had to wait until my wallet stopped screaming to look for a mate to it. I found a 1.82 ct ACA which I purchased first, though it wasn't a perfect match. While the diamonds were being set, a new ACA popped up on WF's website -- it was a perfect match, so I halted the setting process and upgraded the diamond. Whew! The whole upgrade process took about 9 months -- that's a long time with naked ears! But worth it in the end.

Wow, I assumed you had had WF custom cut your ACA stone to match the CBI- your stud story is incredible. I LOVE how the size of your studs look on your ear. Well, you have shown that patience and focus pays off!

I really appreciate how you thoughtfully you developed your elegant capsule collection. You are inspiring me on my own journey. I'm finding I want to have a tightly edited jewelry wardrobe as I have been wearing my fashion designer pieces (e.g. David Yurman, Ippolita, Roberto Coin) less and less. While I will keep a few favorites, going forward I want to be really mindful about the pieces I acquire and focus more on classic fine jewelry pieces.

Diamond studs have been high on my wish list. I am so truly distraught about what happened to Wink and his business. I figured most of my future diamond projects would be with him as I, like you, have had such a wonderful experience with him. I had been hoping to find a second CBI to match the 1.29 CBI in my solitaire pendant (and then upgrade the pendant CBI with a larger one) so I could make a pair of matching studs. I do feel much better knowing that I might be able to accomplish this working with WF as you did. But I am also still holding out hope that Wink rises like a Phoenix from the ashes (a venture with Continental Diamond?) as has been hinted at.

Thanks so much for sharing your studs and your entire sparkly collection!

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I assumed you had had WF custom cut your ACA stone to match the CBI- your stud story is incredible. I LOVE how the size of your studs look on your ear. Well, you have shown that patience and focus pays off!

I really appreciate how you thoughtfully you developed your elegant capsule collection. You are inspiring me on my own journey. I'm finding I want to have a tightly edited jewelry wardrobe as I have been wearing my fashion designer pieces (e.g. David Yurman, Ippolita, Roberto Coin) less and less. While I will keep a few favorites, going forward I want to be really mindful about the pieces I acquire and focus more on classic fine jewelry pieces.

Diamond studs have been high on my wish list. I am so truly distraught about what happened to Wink and his business. I figured most of my future diamond projects would be with him as I, like you, have had such a wonderful experience with him. I had been hoping to find a second CBI to match the 1.29 CBI in my solitaire pendant (and then upgrade the pendant CBI with a larger one) so I could make a pair of matching studs. I do feel much better knowing that I might be able to accomplish this working with WF as you did. But I am also still holding out hope that Wink rises like a Phoenix from the ashes (a venture with Continental Diamond?) as has been hinted at.

Thanks so much for sharing your studs and your entire sparkly collection!

I totally hear you and agree!

I definitely think you'll be able to find a match for your 1.29 CBI either through a new incarnation of Wink/CBI or through WF with an ACA. If you are interested, you may want to ask one of the WF sales associate to set you up to receive email notifications when a matching diamonds appears in their inventory. I've never received any pressure from them to buy and the email you'll receive is auto generated. Might be nice to know when a stone that's in the realm of possible matches pops up.

Good luck and keep us posted on your search and your capsule wardrobe!

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
I totally hear you and agree!

I definitely think you'll be able to find a match for your 1.29 CBI either through a new incarnation of Wink/CBI or through WF with an ACA. If you are interested, you may want to ask one of the WF sales associate to set you up to receive email notifications when a matching diamonds appears in their inventory. I've never received any pressure from them to buy and the email you'll receive is auto generated. Might be nice to know when a stone that's in the realm of possible matches pops up.

Good luck and keep us posted on your search and your capsule wardrobe!
That's a great idea- I didn't realize they could do that!

musicalmeow

Rough_Rock
Stunning collection, thanks for sharing and the lovely modelling shots! Have your jewellery pieces inspired your art in any way? I would love to see your paintings too!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Running, do you mind if I ask if you bought the Starfish new? I saw one today at a consignment shop and was "interested". Always wanted a starfish or the Tiffany leaf. (long out of production...)

cheers--Sharon

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
HI:

Running, do you mind if I ask if you bought the Starfish new? I saw one today at a consignment shop and was "interested". Always wanted a starfish or the Tiffany leaf. (long out of production...)

cheers--Sharon

@canuk-gal

Hi Sharon,

Sorry for my late reply! I bought the Tiffany Starfish pre-loved from an eBay seller. It is in almost pristine condition and I haggled it down to $1000 USD (almost exactly half the price of the new one). Because the starfish is convex, the "belly" on pre-loved ones is prone to having scratches on it. Tiffany's will buff them for you for free, so as long as the scratches aren't deep enough to feel with your finger, they will probably buff out -- so just watch out for that if you buy one online without seeing it first.

I had tried the starfish necklace on over the years while at various Tiffany's boutiques so I knew I wanted the large-sized one in YG (there are several different varieties). I also familiarized myself with the variations in the hallmark on the back (it changes slightly over the years like it does for the Bean necklace.

Good luck with your pre-loved Tiffany adventures! I am cheering you on! Just be careful and deliberate, there are a lot of fakes out there, but there are also deals to be had too. :)

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Stunning collection, thanks for sharing and the lovely modelling shots! Have your jewellery pieces inspired your art in any way? I would love to see your paintings too!!

Thank you Musicalmeow!

Oh gosh, that's a good question. I don't think my jewelry inspires my art, but I do think because I'm in the arts and my visual senses are worked hard every day, that in response I'm drawn to simple, clean-lined, and unadorned settings. I crave the visual version of "peace and quiet" in my home and on my person (my clothes, jewelry, hairstyle, etc.). I have no tolerance for clutter or extra flourishes.

I think if my visual senses DIDN'T get such a hard workout every day, then I'd crave more stimulation and I'd be drawn to busier designs in my jewelry. Does that make sense?

We all need a certain amount of visual stimulation in our lives, but if we get too much, we just crave simplicity and minimalism -- and that's where I'm at most days.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The settings are in platinum, and are a custom crown design. I want to thank @donnabrsd and @yssie -- they came up with the design, and with their permission, I copied it. It lays perfectly flat on my ear. Super comfortable!

Check out the light show in that first image...

Flotsam & Jetsam with Hat 1.jpg

Flotsam & Jetsam with Hat 2.jpg

Your collection is absolutely spectacular as are you! F&J are my favorite. I believe my jaw actually dropped looking at these photos!!

vicktorsgirl

Rough_Rock
A family shot: Flotsam, Jetsam, and Dainty

(Dainty is a 2.5 ct D VS1 CBI and still the most intensely sparkly diamond I have ever seen in person, bar none.)

Flotsam & Jetsam & Dainty Family.jpg
Dainty is a dream :). Could you share setting details of dainty? And a side profile? is it cathedral set or without shoulders and what is the band width?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results