diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hathalove|1370977920|3463582 said:
diamondseeker2006|1370974499|3463531 said:
Yssie|1370973791|3463524 said:
God that stone is gorgeous.
In photos and IRL...jackpot!!

Yours was the first AVR I'd seen in-person and I wish I could've had her to myself for a couple of hours :bigsmile: the faceting is so crisp and even - well, of course it would be! But I'm not used to expecting the combo of old-cut patterning and modern precision-cutting.
I actually really like it in the Vatche :love: :appl: It's unexpected but the stone doesn't look out of place in that setting at all... and I have to say, I don't think I'd feel that way about a true antique.

What in particulr about this stone do you like better? And is there anything about your RB that you miss?

Hi, Yssie!!! :wavey: Thank you so much!

You know, I agree with you that this stone can go either in the simple Vatche solitaire or an antique mount. I am really struggling with the idea of giving up the flexibility to wear something like a french cut band (or others) if I got a particular type of antique style setting! So I am really not sure what to do!

To answer your question, I just enjoy the facet pattern more in this stone than my rb's. I appreciate their fantastic cut and light return, but this stone has that as well as the larger facets that just reflect light and color in a different way. I know you like higher crowns, too, but the higher crown and small table are another factor that I appreciate in AVR's and OEC's. But after having a H&A, it was easier for me to go to an AVR so I wouldn't be giving up optical symmetry and light performance. This is really the perfect stone for me, but I appreciate rb's and antique stones, of course! I love seeing the facet pattern and can see why someone like Wintotty wants a 4 ct instead of the 3 ct she has at the moment! This is probably as large as I can get away with, but I get why people want even larger ones!

As you have probably seen, I have just a few new pictures I will post once the thread makes it over to page 4! One is my favorite and better than any on page 1!

DS would you say that the ability to really appreciate the facet pattern in an AVR is dependent upon size of stone? Do "little" AVRs hold the same beauty even though they are smaller? Have you seen smaller stones in this style in persone.

I LOVE YOUR RING! And I cannot believe we are still on page 3 darn it!

Hahaha! I hope you aren't disappointed in the new pics after all this anticipation!!!

I am going to say that the first pair I ordered were .60 each for studs, and I the main reason I did not keep them was because they were I and J color and I could see the color difference. So I sent them back. But I probably would have kept them had the color matched better. I think I would say for me personally, a carat and up would be preferable, in order to best appreciate the facet pattern. I have had a 1.8 here and almost bought it, and it was really fine as far as seeing the pattern. I'd still probably take a pair under a carat for earrings and set them in milgrain bezels or something like that, though!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snicklefritz|1370978513|3463589 said:
Wowie! That's a fantastic little disco ball (but only in comparison to your average size disco ball) of color! Magnificent stone!

Thanks so much, Snicklefritz!!! :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1370980140|3463606 said:
Page 4 yet?

:sun: :sun:

You are TOO FUNNY...and it worked!!!! :lol: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Okay, now for my 5 litle pics! :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, here she is hanging out with my black and silver bead necklace.......(trying to make this show up bigger but it won't!)

l_img_0805.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, and here she is sitting on a porcelain flower. I had on a white shirt, so all the colors are just coming from the light and facets!

m_img_0823.jpg

n_img_0826.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And a side view of her crown and table...

p_img_0843.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1370981358|3463623 said:
And my favorite diamond picture that I have ever taken.....

I agree this is amazing! I noticed your newest avatar before I knew it was you, and I thought "Now that is an amazing looking diamond!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1370981506|3463626 said:
diamondseeker2006|1370981358|3463623 said:
And my favorite diamond picture that I have ever taken.....

I agree this is amazing! I noticed your newest avatar before I knew it was you, and I thought "Now that is an amazing looking diamond!

Thanks, Dreamer! I wish it looked like that all the time..20mm and lit up!!! But you know all about that since you have a similar size stone with a great facet pattern!

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
This is so beautiful! Love it :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seeing if the other bead pic will post larger..

q_img_0806.jpg

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
This is where we need that emoticon that goes awooga awooga and the eyes bug out!!
It is beautiful!! Love it!!
Plus I really love the picture you now have as your avatar one of the best diamond pictures I've seen :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
HOLY MOLEY!! DS you knocked it out of the ball park with that new avatar picture!! WOWZERS!! :love: :love: :love: ah-OOOOO-ga, for sure!! (I even heard the horn in my head and saw Roger Rabbit bug out his eyes, when I typed that!! LOL!)

Amazing - just AMAZING!! you are so lucky to have found such a beautiful diamond!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

AudiLover

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous stone! I love the pictures with the forget-me-nots!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yummmy! I love it.

I would love a larger diamond some day in fantasy land. It is not a painful need or anything, like it was before I found my ring, but its a fun fantasy for waaay in the future. 20mm might be a big large tough :halo:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elisateach|1370984506|3463679 said:
This is where we need that emoticon that goes awooga awooga and the eyes bug out!!
It is beautiful!! Love it!!
Plus I really love the picture you now have as your avatar one of the best diamond pictures I've seen :appl:

Haha!!! :bigsmile: Thanks so much, Elisa!!!

Enerchi said:
HOLY MOLEY!! DS you knocked it out of the ball park with that new avatar picture!! WOWZERS!! :love: :love: :love: ah-OOOOO-ga, for sure!! (I even heard the horn in my head and saw Roger Rabbit bug out his eyes, when I typed that!! LOL!)

Amazing - just AMAZING!! you are so lucky to have found such a beautiful diamond!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Still laughing! :lol: You are a great supporter (and enabler, too!), Enerchi! Thanks so much!

AudiLover said:
Gorgeous stone! I love the pictures with the forget-me-nots!

Thanks so much, AudiLover! I am bad about flower names, but I do love them!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1370988176|3463722 said:
Yummmy! I love it.

I would love a larger diamond some day in fantasy land. It is not a painful need or anything, like it was before I found my ring, but its a fun fantasy for waaay in the future. 20mm might be a big large tough :halo:

You've really helped me, Dreamer. Somehow you knew I wanted a larger stone before I did! :lol: But I think the thing holding me back was that I needed to cross over into the antique cuts to get to what I really wanted. Thanks for all your help and advice along the way! I don't think I'll ever again use the term "forever diamond" :lol: , but I would like to keep this avatar pic forever so maybe it will force me to keep the diamond,too! :lol:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations DS! It is a beauty! You are one patient woman...it was worth the wait!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
DS Love the new avatar although I love your other ring so much. I am sooo glad that you have come to realize how having this master piece cut by a master has found its proper home on your finger. The faceting and the brillance of this stone regardless of the letter of its color is just spectacular. Wear her in good health and I can't wait to you find its final home.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lizzyann|1370990623|3463745 said:
Congratulations DS! It is a beauty! You are one patient woman...it was worth the wait!

Thanks so much. Lizzyann!!!

heididdl said:
DS Love the new avatar although I love your other ring so much. I am sooo glad that you have come to realize how having this master piece cut by a master has found its proper home on your finger. The faceting and the brillance of this stone regardless of the letter of its color is just spectacular. Wear her in good health and I can't wait to you find its final home.

Thanks for all your encouragement, Heidi! I appreciate it!!!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I am so late to this thread! Ahhhh! haha.

Congratulations on your decision!!! I was always leaning towards the 2.29, so I am happy to see that you have fallen in love with it! :appl: :appl: :appl:

The diamond is absolutely stunning-hands down one of the most beautiful on PS! The facets are so chunky, crisp and lively. The AVR throws off light and color like it is nobody's business!!! :love:

While I can certainly understand your desire to put it in an antique style setting, the Vatche really is letting it shine right now! I am enjoying the combo much more than I thought I would. Do you have any ideas of what type of antique setting you would like? Maybe a solitaire with an antique feel to it, like star sparkle's, that would allow you to still be able to mix and match bands if you want. Anyways, whatever you choose, I am sure it will look amazing!!!!

Congratulations again on your new, wonderful AVR!!!!!!!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
armywife13|1371006973|3463923 said:
I am so late to this thread! Ahhhh! haha.

Congratulations on your decision!!! I was always leaning towards the 2.29, so I am happy to see that you have fallen in love with it! :appl: :appl: :appl:

The diamond is absolutely stunning-hands down one of the most beautiful on PS! The facets are so chunky, crisp and lively. The AVR throws off light and color like it is nobody's business!!! :love:

While I can certainly understand your desire to put it in an antique style setting, the Vatche really is letting it shine right now! I am enjoying the combo much more than I thought I would. Do you have any ideas of what type of antique setting you would like? Maybe a solitaire with an antique feel to it, like star sparkle's, that would allow you to still be able to mix and match bands if you want. Anyways, whatever you choose, I am sure it will look amazing!!!!

Congratulations again on your new, wonderful AVR!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much, Armywife! I do think a more simple antique style setting might give me more flexibility with bands, but I am not quite sure that is worth it considering it wouldn't look much different than it does now! Van Craeynest has been an option, but there is no flexibility with bands if I go with one with so much detail and width. I think if I could actually go to places like VanC and Singlestone to see rings in person and try them on, then this might be much easier! But at the moment, I don't have a lot of access to antique settings.

kathness

Shiny_Rock
congratulations DS!! the ring is absolutely gorgeous and classic!

I cannot wait to see which antique setting you would put in your lovely 2.29 AVR!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Your stone is incredibly beautiful and the pearl picture gives it such an intoxicating glow. :love: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky:
Well done !!!!

(I could never get enough pictures..... more please ? )

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
These pix are just blowing me away diamondseeker!!! More than anything we are happy that YOU are happy!!! May you get many years of enjoyment from it. I just mounted up an AVR for myself in a mens' ring and I can't stop staring at it either! :rodent:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous!

Is there any chance that you might put a video of it on YouTube so we can see it flash and sparkle? Photos are quite limited when it comes to showing off a diamond's action!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, your avatar pic is swoonworthy!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much, kathness, Shiney, Smith, and Laila!!!

Smith, I have not ever even used the video on my phone, nor would I know how to upload it to YouTube! But I will ask my kids if they can help me!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rhino|1371055949|3464265 said:
These pix are just blowing me away diamondseeker!!! More than anything we are happy that YOU are happy!!! May you get many years of enjoyment from it. I just mounted up an AVR for myself in a mens' ring and I can't stop staring at it either! :rodent:

Thank you, Jon! I am happily surprised with some of the pictures and especially the new ones on page 4! I can't change diamonds now because I like my new avatar pic too much! :lol:

Yay for you!!! Since your wife and daughter have AV stones, I think it is only fitting that YOU have one, too!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thanks for everything, Jon!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results