carat
color
clarity

My 2.29 ct AVR...Take 1!!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1370922234|3463210 said:
DS, it's gorgeous! You really found a winner; all your patience paid off for sure!

Congrats and enjoy!

Thanks so much, Laila! It really was a case of perfect timing for it to work out!

Smith1942 said:
NICE SIZE!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thanks, Smith!!! It only took me 7 years to overcome my size issues! :lol:

mol42 said:
Yay!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:
Well done. Well done.

It is a beautiful stunning stone and looks perfect on your hand. And Jon is a sweetheart (had an opportunity to meet him last year); it is wonderful to have such a warm experience attached to a gorgeous stone. Wear it in good health!

Ah, I absolutely agree that it is a bonus to have such a good association tied in with the diamond for sure! Jon is just one of the nicest people ever! Thanks so much for your kind comments!

badabling said:
Wow....that is an amazing stone! I can't wait to upgrade my itty bitty AVR - they're beautiful and dangerously addictive. I love your band too- would you mind sharing the make and specs.

I am afraid you may be right about the beautiful and addictive part! :-o :lol: Thanks so much! My band is the Tiffany Legacy 2mm band. I have really enjoyed the band very much!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
DS, it's absolutely beautiful and I am glad you choose this one - there is nothing like finding "the one". Enjoy wearing it and I love it with your legacy band. Perfection :love: :wavey:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It is gorgeous, enjoy your new beauty!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
DS- I'm so happy you decided to keep it!! It's a gorgeous diamond and looks so pretty on your hand-it's the perfect size!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
Oh DS, so glad you picked what made your heart sing! It looks wonderful on you and so glad you have your dream stone by Yoram. Wonderful ending to your holy grail story. You and Mr. DS enjoy!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY, she's going to keep it....she's going to keep it! :appl: It truly is a stunning stone and is perfect on your hand. I can't wait to see what setting you finally put her in.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's definitely one of my most favorite stones ever! It looks just gorgeous on you!!! :love:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
That stone is perfection and I'm glad to see you are keeping it! :appl: It definitely doesn't look too big on you and the 2.12 really wouldn't have been noticeably smaller. Can't wait to see how you end up setting it!

LittleSparkle

Shiny_Rock
Oh, DS, I am SO glad you decided to keep this stone. It is just beyond words...

Actually, it is perfect, splendid, magnificent, delicious, AMAZING. There are some words for you! Wear it in such good health and happiness!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
That stone is dreamy!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnyjay|1370944951|3463276 said:
DS, it's absolutely beautiful and I am glad you choose this one - there is nothing like finding "the one". Enjoy wearing it and I love it with your legacy band. Perfection :love: :wavey:

lknvrb4 said:
It is gorgeous, enjoy your new beauty!

Thanks so much, Monnyjay and lknvrb4!!!!!

pinkjewel said:
DS- I'm so happy you decided to keep it!! It's a gorgeous diamond and looks so pretty on your hand-it's the perfect size!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thanks, PJ! Hopefully we can have a GTG in the near future! I HAVE to see your new MR ring!!!

backwardsandinheels said:
Oh DS, so glad you picked what made your heart sing! It looks wonderful on you and so glad you have your dream stone by Yoram. Wonderful ending to your holy grail story. You and Mr. DS enjoy!

Thanks so much, b! I am glad I was able to go with the one that I really wanted!

Catmom said:
YAY, she's going to keep it....she's going to keep it! :appl: It truly is a stunning stone and is perfect on your hand. I can't wait to see what setting you finally put her in.

Thanks so much, Michelle!!! Your have such an amazing collection and it was so nice to meet you!

mrssalvo said:
It's definitely one of my most favorite stones ever! It looks just gorgeous on you!!! :love:

MrsS!!! :wavey: I know we have been on what seems like a neverending journey, but it has been fun along the way! I appreciate your help and friendship immensely!

stargurl78 said:
That stone is perfection and I'm glad to see you are keeping it! :appl: It definitely doesn't look too big on you and the 2.12 really wouldn't have been noticeably smaller. Can't wait to see how you end up setting it!

Thanks, stargurl!!! I hope I can figure out the right setting!!!

LittleSparkle said:
Oh, DS, I am SO glad you decided to keep this stone. It is just beyond words...

Actually, it is perfect, splendid, magnificent, delicious, AMAZING. There are some words for you! Wear it in such good health and happiness!

:lol: Those are great descriptive words for an AVR, and I appreciate your kind words very much!!!

dragonfly411 said:
That stone is dreamy!!

Thanks, dragonfly!!!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've been following your quest in lurkdom, :wavey: & the stone you choose is simply gorgeous. I just love it--you did well!! Enjoy & wear in good health DS!! :love: :love: :appl: :appl:
sarahb

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! It is gorgeous!!!

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Enjoy!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1370963226|3463399 said:
I've been following your quest in lurkdom, :wavey: & the stone you choose is simply gorgeous. I just love it--you did well!! Enjoy & wear in good health DS!! :love: :love: :appl: :appl:
sarahb

tyty333 said:
Wow! It is gorgeous!!!

mandasand said:
Gorgeous! Enjoy!

Thanks SO much, sarah, tyty, and mandasand!!! :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few MORE PICTURES coming up!!!

(I hate to have them split on two pages, so I may wait until this rolls over to the top of page 4!)

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow. So beautiful and just perfection!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hathalove|1370970921|3463494 said:

A double thank you for a double post!!! :bigsmile:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lol. It should be said millions of times! Wow. Leaving another comment so we can roll over to the top of another page a by faster DS. I would love to see more photos!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hathalove|1370971084|3463496 said:
Lol. It should be said millions of times! Wow. Leaving another comment so we can roll over to the top of another page a by faster DS. I would love to see more photos!

Haha! Thanks for helping me out!! It is only about 5 pictures but I think they are better than the ones on page 1, so I wanted them all on the same page!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Yay DS!!!!!!! You must be so thrilled! It is stunning!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1370972712|3463512 said:
Yay DS!!!!!!! You must be so thrilled! It is stunning!

Thanks, S!!!! I am very excited although now I want it to be about 20mm like my avatar picture! I get why you love your new ring so much! It is gorgeous!

More pics coming so come back and check page 4!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
God that stone is gorgeous.
In photos and IRL...jackpot!!

Yours was the first AVR I'd seen in-person and I wish I could've had her to myself for a couple of hours :bigsmile: the faceting is so crisp and even - well, of course it would be! But I'm not used to expecting the combo of old-cut patterning and modern precision-cutting.
I actually really like it in the Vatche :love: :appl: It's unexpected but the stone doesn't look out of place in that setting at all... and I have to say, I don't think I'd feel that way about a true antique.

What in particular about this stone do you like better? And is there anything about your RB that you miss? Other than the colour... *do* you miss the colour?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1370973791|3463524 said:

Yours was the first AVR I'd seen in-person and I wish I could've had her to myself for a couple of hours :bigsmile: the faceting is so crisp and even - well, of course it would be! But I'm not used to expecting the combo of old-cut patterning and modern precision-cutting.
I actually really like it in the Vatche :love: :appl: It's unexpected but the stone doesn't look out of place in that setting at all... and I have to say, I don't think I'd feel that way about a true antique.

What in particulr about this stone do you like better? And is there anything about your RB that you miss?

Hi, Yssie!!! :wavey: Thank you so much!

You know, I agree with you that this stone can go either in the simple Vatche solitaire or an antique mount. I am really struggling with the idea of giving up the flexibility to wear something like a french cut band (or others) if I got a particular type of antique style setting! So I am really not sure what to do!

To answer your question, I just enjoy the facet pattern more in this stone than my rb's. I appreciate their fantastic cut and light return, but this stone has that as well as the larger facets that just reflect light and color in a different way. I know you like higher crowns, too, but the higher crown and small table are another factor that I appreciate in AVR's and OEC's. But after having a H&A, it was easier for me to go to an AVR so I wouldn't be giving up optical symmetry and light performance. This is really the perfect stone for me, but I appreciate rb's and antique stones, of course! I love seeing the facet pattern and can see why someone like Wintotty wants a 4 ct instead of the 3 ct she has at the moment! This is probably as large as I can get away with, but I get why people want even larger ones!

As you have probably seen, I have just a few new pictures I will post once the thread makes it over to page 4! One is my favorite and better than any on page 1!

pixgirl

Shiny_Rock
Whooo hooo! Perfection. Love the facet pattern. Congrats!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pixgirl|1370974568|3463532 said:
Whooo hooo! Perfection. Love the facet pattern. Congrats!

Thank, pixgirl!!! I adore yours as well!!!!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1370974499|3463531 said:
Yssie|1370973791|3463524 said:

What in particulr about this stone do you like better? And is there anything about your RB that you miss?

Hi, Yssie!!! :wavey: Thank you so much!

You know, I agree with you that this stone can go either in the simple Vatche solitaire or an antique mount. I am really struggling with the idea of giving up the flexibility to wear something like a french cut band (or others) if I got a particular type of antique style setting! So I am really not sure what to do!

To answer your question, I just enjoy the facet pattern more in this stone than my rb's. I appreciate their fantastic cut and light return, but this stone has that as well as the larger facets that just reflect light and color in a different way. I know you like higher crowns, too, but the higher crown and small table are another factor that I appreciate in AVR's and OEC's. But after having a H&A, it was easier for me to go to an AVR so I wouldn't be giving up optical symmetry and light performance. This is really the perfect stone for me, but I appreciate rb's and antique stones, of course! I love seeing the facet pattern and can see why someone like Wintotty wants a 4 ct instead of the 3 ct she has at the moment! This is probably as large as I can get away with, but I get why people want even larger ones!

As you have probably seen, I have just a few new pictures I will post once the thread makes it over to page 4! One is my favorite and better than any on page 1!

DS would you say that the ability to really appreciate the facet pattern in an AVR is dependent upon size of stone? Do "little" AVRs hold the same beauty even though they are smaller? Have you seen smaller stones in this style in persone.

I LOVE YOUR RING! And I cannot believe we are still on page 3 darn it!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Wowie! That's a fantastic little disco ball (but only in comparison to your average size disco ball) of color! Magnificent stone!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Page 4 yet?

:sun: :sun:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results