shape
carat
color
clarity

Modern Finewater cushion meets Sako collet set

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is super helpful. I just started a project with him, and am anxious as I am on a very tight timeline. I am curious - how long did your ring take from start to finish? Fingers crossed it works out, thank you for sharing your experience!

I think the outcome is just FABULOUS! I was ogling your ring on Instagram and think the deep colored spinel is just perfect for the setting. It is moody, edgy and just luscious.

Thank you - fabulous is a good descriptive :)
As for timeline of mine - I don’t think knowing that will assist you in any way. Mine encompasses the whole Covid shelter in place and essential business only timeline. I know mine wasn’t the first in que, and I know certain accounts of his take priority. And that’s ok. I don’t think that’s uncommon in small operations like his. And like said upthread by someone already - he doesn’t do things halfway. It takes as long as it takes.
This may be too forward, but if you have a very tight timeline as you stated, I hope you have had crystal clear communication. That’s essential for him to know to also able to be crystal clear to you on whether it’s feasible or not. I’m not quite sure how any vendor can guarantee that anyways. Crap happens.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Thank you - fabulous is a good descriptive :)
As for timeline of mine - I don’t think knowing that will assist you in any way. Mine encompasses the whole Covid shelter in place and essential business only timeline. I know mine wasn’t the first in que, and I know certain accounts of his take priority. And that’s ok. I don’t think that’s uncommon in small operations like his. And like said upthread by someone already - he doesn’t do things halfway. It takes as long as it takes.
This may be too forward, but if you have a very tight timeline as you stated, I hope you have had crystal clear communication. That’s essential for him to know to also able to be crystal clear to you on whether it’s feasible or not. I’m not quite sure how any vendor can guarantee that anyways. Crap happens.

Appreciate your honesty! A lot!

Yes - I have been very clear about timelines, and we mutually understand that things might happen and if the timeline is blown, it is what it is. My timeline is my ideal (like in a perfect world, I will have my ring ready for an important date) but the end result is more important to me. (Like, if I ask for lots of CAD iterations, that may render my timeline possible) - so, I am trying to be realistic! So, agree that guarantees are not always possible!

Hope you enjoy your new stunner

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
I keep coming back to stare at this ring! It’s really a knockout, I am in love.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Wow how beautiful. I have never seen an oxidised basket before! Thank you for indulging us and so glad to hear you happy with the end product. It is definitely a unique piece. And thank you for sharing your experience with Sako with will help any of us who are interested in the future.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
That looks so cool!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
@Rfisher What an absolutely fabulous ring! Truly a gorgeous piece, wear it in good health :)

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rfisher You have the knack for coming up with the nicest designs using oxidized metal. Your ring is like a work of art!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep coming back to stare at this ring! It’s really a knockout, I am in love.
Thank you - I am too!

Wow how beautiful. I have never seen an oxidised basket before! Thank you for indulging us and so glad to hear you happy with the end product. It is definitely a unique piece. And thank you for sharing your experience with Sako with will help any of us who are interested in the future.
Thanks! I haven’t worn silver much, and ever something intentionally oxidized before. So it will be a learning experience on how it reacts to wear and my skin.

That looks so cool!
Thank you!

@Rfisher What an absolutely fabulous ring! Truly a gorgeous piece, wear it in good health :)
Thank you!

@Rfisher You have the knack for coming up with the nicest designs using oxidized metal. Your ring is like a work of art!

Thank you - hats off to Sako for sure!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t believe I forgot to share the in-progress pictures!
They were unexpected and quite a treat :love:

5DC9F1C8-5328-4356-89C6-9D039586FDB1.jpeg 0CF8885C-ED73-4D06-9475-105E285364AC.jpeg 512FB31B-1E44-4578-967D-3A2215063AD3.jpeg EB76FCB0-0D17-4C79-B901-F0E8D5321B8F.jpeg 65EAA0E4-FD21-4D1C-8946-48F64171A18F.jpeg 29A44985-A467-4C3E-8946-F72C47A719B1.jpeg

The joining between the stone and the collet is expected to be watertight. No no issues should be there regarding inability to clean the stones pavilion.
But- because of the silver patina- recommendation is to not get it wet anyways.

I recently sent a Victorian cluster to him for evaluation of restoration vs recreation. Kinda excited about that :)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, congrats!!!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock

5DC9F1C8-5328-4356-89C6-9D039586FDB1.jpeg 0CF8885C-ED73-4D06-9475-105E285364AC.jpeg 512FB31B-1E44-4578-967D-3A2215063AD3.jpeg EB76FCB0-0D17-4C79-B901-F0E8D5321B8F.jpeg 65EAA0E4-FD21-4D1C-8946-48F64171A18F.jpeg 29A44985-A467-4C3E-8946-F72C47A719B1.jpeg

The joining between the stone and the collet is expected to be watertight. No no issues should be there regarding inability to clean the stones pavilion.

I recently sent a Victorian cluster to him for evaluation of restoration vs recreation. Kinda excited about that :)

Oh I can't wait to see how that one ends up.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
It’s a beautiful ring, and I like the oxidized metal design.

I personally find customizing nerve-wrecking and really appreciate your honesty re: the process.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ummm this is absolutely beautiful!!! I think we need some new pics! It’s been like two months! Hee hee

Thank you!
your thread has me excited for you!
the victorian cluster I asked Sako to rehab/resto is done - I should get it sometime next week and will pic them both then.

I would love love love to have a medium light grey just as much as this dark grey. I can imagine it’s shifty glorious-ness in a different way.

Last edited:

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!
your thread has me excited for you!
the victorian cluster I asked Sako to rehab/resto is done - I should get it sometime next week and will pic them both then.

I would love love love to have a medium light grey just as much as this dark grey. I can imagine it’s shifty glorious-ness in a different way.

Cant wait!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is so beautiful. Unique and gorgeous. And thank you for your honest insight in the process. How do you evaluate your ring after wearing it for a few months?
Looking forward to see your newest Victorian ring

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cant wait!!

Your ring is so beautiful. Unique and gorgeous. And thank you for your honest insight in the process. How do you evaluate your ring after wearing it for a few months?
Looking forward to see your newest Victorian ring

Yay USPS for delivering a day early!
@Acinom its a hard evaluation because I’ve not had the chance to wear much outside of home - thank you pandemic. I do still wish the shank were not as thin, but have gotten over it.
The rehab/restore done on the cluster is absolutely lovely. I would have loved to have the prongs more tab-like and lower profile, but I don’t think it was possible.
ABA6CD17-C9A7-4153-8C9A-B37FD1C60FEB.jpeg D82DD1EB-D89C-49AE-9725-E044841964E6.jpeg
:love:

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
@Acinom its a hard evaluation because I’ve not had the chance to wear much outside of home - thank you pandemic. I do still wish the shank were not as thin, but have gotten over it.
The rehab/restore done on the cluster is absolutely lovely. I would have loved to have the prongs more tab-like and lower profile, but I don’t think it was possible.
ABA6CD17-C9A7-4153-8C9A-B37FD1C60FEB.jpeg D82DD1EB-D89C-49AE-9725-E044841964E6.jpeg

What a wonderful post to start my morning!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another amazing addition. Please post a lot more pics. Both rings are stunning with such amazing detailing

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Both rings are gorgeous!! I love your new one- very glamorous. I will forever be in love with your spinel. Just so unique and kinda edgy. You have amazing taste!!! Enjoy them both, I don't know how you ever take them off!!!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring and it's like the setting has brought the stone alive. Honestly it's gorgeous!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They’re both such beautiful rings :love: . I saw a glimpse of the turquoise cluster in a picture a while ago and have been hoping to see more ever since! I love it!! It looks like Sako did an amazing job. I plan to send him a couple of pieces in the New Year and appreciate your review of working with him.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW the setting goes perfectly with that stone!! Well done.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

This ring is SO gorgeous and are the gold things on the side supposed to be serpents because it is AMAZING. how big is that spinel? What a beautiful piece.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
The cluster came out fantastic.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just did a ps search for sako and this popped up. I think I was on a break when this was posted.

Oh. My. Wow it is fabulous!!! Sexy is the only word I can think of to describe it! :love::lickout::love:

Are you still loving it? How is the collet setting doing as far as cleaning it? Is it watertight?

Love it!! Edgy cool. And you rock it!!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just did a ps search for sako and this popped up. I think I was on a break when this was posted.

Oh. My. Wow it is fabulous!!! Sexy is the only word I can think of to describe it! :love::lickout::love:

Are you still loving it? How is the collet setting doing as far as cleaning it? Is it watertight?

Love it!! Edgy cool. And you rock it!!
Thank you
Yes, I do really still love it. :)
I am too chicken to clean it more than with a damp Qtip. I’m sure this is exceedingly needless angst.
reapplying the patina shouldn’t be that big of a deal. Aside from hassle shipping back/forth or finding and trusting a local bench.
So it’s not been submerged in any liquid or washed hands with, to test its watertightness.
again- too chicken to try.
:lol:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring is SO gorgeous and are the gold things on the side supposed to be serpents because it is AMAZING. how big is that spinel? What a beautiful piece.

Thank you!
Yes, those are tiny little snakes :)
3.87 ct
close to 9x9

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results