shape
carat
color
clarity

Modern Finewater cushion meets Sako collet set

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
806587ED-23C3-48E7-A51C-63A84067736F.jpeg 765510D7-979B-4CD6-AAA3-A11B30260E31.jpeg 654E6A03-1452-4DC3-A249-9CCD4F0CC0BB.jpeg
Loose stone showing its different personalities. Dispersion unfortunately is hard to catch on photo. So is greenish/teal flash/tone that appears in some lightings.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I remember seeing a picture of this wonderful ring several days earlier. Absolutely unique and amazing creation! Thank you for starting its own thread!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oooh, I love the collet! It gives your stone a lovely sultry look. Is it blackened gold or oxidised silver (I really must get my reading glasses updated!)? And may I ask who created it for you?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
18k yellow shank/silver w/ patina

I’ve not seen much on PS about working with Sako so I can only recount ‘my’ experience. I’m sure it’s not the same for others. ‘These Covid times’ may play a part. The production time of the project was/is a non issue with me.

He’s very nice, funny, and approachable. He’s obviously very skilled and has a great eye.

If I could start this project over with what I know now -
Initial quote was ‘$X total’ and then I sent my stone to him. I should have asked what that total quote encompassed and what it did not. CAD fees in particular.
I gave my requirements of ring size and minimum shank measurement and said details were up to him.
I should have restated my minimum shank width later again to be sure, and realized maybe stating ‘details up to him’ may be taken as the earlier total quote given was a fluid concept. He mistakenly reversed my minimum shank width to be my maximum shank width.
I love the ring. I originally asked for simple and plain, Simple and plain examples were shown by him and I assumed that was enough. The first cad had scrollwork, design and additional cost were vaguely discussed, I chose back to simple and plain and that got lost in the conversation. The second and final cad is where the miscommunication became evident.
I probably would have picked a different stone for this project, in hindsight.
(this is an inexpensive stone in my most expensive setting - it’s a mind over matter issue)
After any discussion I should have asked ‘does this change the quote’. Even though the times I did ask - the answers were quite often ended with ‘maybe more’.
I get the impression many of his clients (think JAR level) do not need or wish to know of the final invoice being higher than initial quote due to additional labor/design/materials -
He’s very talented and he deserves to charge what he feels is correct for his work. I can not fault any craftsperson for that.
If I have the opportunity to work with him again - my approach will be tailored to suit his method of operation.

as I re-read this I see where it could come off as being upset or unhappy.
that is definitely not the case. I am happy with the outcome.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you are happy with your cushion collet ring - it is beautiful!

I found your comments about the project process and Sako's method of operation to be very helpful.

Sibsgirl

Shiny_Rock
That is one STUNNING ring!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could be wrong, however, I believe the stone was from Finewater Gems cut by Gary.

Lovely stone and a unique ring, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2:

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Ok that’s just fabulous! It looks perfect on your hand!

H

Horsegirl76

It’s beautiful!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for sharing your experience. It is a masterpiece!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just amazing!

Thank you!

I remember seeing a picture of this wonderful ring several days earlier. Absolutely unique and amazing creation! Thank you for starting its own thread!

Thanks!

Oooh, I love the collet! It gives your stone a lovely sultry look. Is it blackened gold or oxidised silver (I really must get my reading glasses updated!)? And may I ask who created it for you?

Thank you!
Patina/oxidized silver and the ring was made by Sako.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you are happy with your cushion collet ring - it is beautiful!

I found your comments about the project process and Sako's method of operation to be very helpful.

Thank you! And thank you for mentioning the comments are helpful.
This means a lot to me. A lot.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is amazing....it all goes together so perfectly! Beautiful, dark and sultry....I love it!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I love this ring and I'm flattered you would spend so much to make it for me.
Soooo, when ya sendin' it? :love: :lol: :twisted2:

In all seriousness, it is beautiful and I'll second that the explanation of the work process will be invaluable to many people.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:shock: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

So Gorgeous! And thank you for the detail of working with him!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
I will say it again- that ring is so stunning and unique!!! I love it!! You know how I love grey spinels! Your's is beautiful and looks perfect in it's new home!

I have to ask, what Is JAR?

Thank you for sharing your experience!!! The many things I have learned from Pricescopers is invaluable. That includes who to work with and how that individual runs their business.

It is at times a difficult process to do custom and from a distance. I know there have been times when I have been so thrilled to have my expectations exceeded and other times not even have them met.

I am so happy you love your ring- who wouldn't?!!!! Also happy that you are still happy with the experience. I feel the experience means so much!!! I would love it if all vendors did an itemized statement and did a revised one with each change. Also if they stated their policies- so much for a CAD, return policy, prices based on metal used. Now doing the colored stone adventure I feel I work with even more people I don't actually "know". I feel very fortunate to have all of my experiences turn out wonderfully with them!

Enjoy your beautiful new ring- I can't stop looking at it!!! You most definitely don't have sausage fingers!!! It looks fabulous on you!!!!

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
@Rfisher It’s a beautiful and beautifully made ring!! I love the antique references, collet setting, the oxidized silver and the gorgeous stone! Honestly besides being beautiful, it’s a really interesting ring, a study in merging antique and modern elements. Congrats on a beautiful design! Enjoy in good health and happiness!

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
This ring is breath taking! So beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results