shape
carat
color
clarity

Modern Finewater cushion meets Sako collet set

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, I love the oxidized basket. Gorgeous!

asterismdispersion

Shiny_Rock
That's quite cool. Great execution of a unique setting that draws focus toward the spinel with interesting accents. It reminds me of the kind of ring Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty might wear! Antique styling for a stone with a dark glamour and a deeply saturated glow.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stone! What a setting!
I love the outcome

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring is amazing....it all goes together so perfectly! Beautiful, dark and sultry....I love it!
dark and sultry - yes! Thank you!

❤❤❤❤❤❤ this, @Rfisher!!
:love:

I love this ring and I'm flattered you would spend so much to make it for me.
Soooo, when ya sendin' it? :love: :lol: :twisted2:

In all seriousness, it is beautiful and I'll second that the explanation of the work process will be invaluable to many people.
Thank you! I got to watch out for you dont I? :evil2:

:shock: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

So Gorgeous! And thank you for the detail of working with him!
Thank you!

From someone who doesn't love grey spinel... WOWZA!

Congratulations, it's really gorgeous!
Expand your horizons!
Thank you!

I will say it again- that ring is so stunning and unique!!! I love it!! You know how I love grey spinels! Your's is beautiful and looks perfect in it's new home!

I have to ask, what Is JAR?

Thank you for sharing your experience!!! The many things I have learned from Pricescopers is invaluable. That includes who to work with and how that individual runs their business.

It is at times a difficult process to do custom and from a distance. I know there have been times when I have been so thrilled to have my expectations exceeded and other times not even have them met.

I am so happy you love your ring- who wouldn't?!!!! Also happy that you are still happy with the experience. I feel the experience means so much!!! I would love it if all vendors did an itemized statement and did a revised one with each change. Also if they stated their policies- so much for a CAD, return policy, prices based on metal used. Now doing the colored stone adventure I feel I work with even more people I don't actually "know". I feel very fortunate to have all of my experiences turn out wonderfully with them!

Enjoy your beautiful new ring- I can't stop looking at it!!! You most definitely don't have sausage fingers!!! It looks fabulous on you!!!!
You are too kind- thank you!

@Rfisher It’s a beautiful and beautifully made ring!! I love the antique references, collet setting, the oxidized silver and the gorgeous stone! Honestly besides being beautiful, it’s a really interesting ring, a study in merging antique and modern elements. Congrats on a beautiful design! Enjoy in good health and happiness!
yes-what you said! :lol:
thank you!

This ring is breath taking! So beautiful!
thanks!

CJ Sako does not do things half way that is for sure.
I love the collet and the shank this is beautiful.
Thank you!

Beautiful ring, I love the oxidized basket. Gorgeous!
Thanks!

That's quite cool. Great execution of a unique setting that draws focus toward the spinel with interesting accents. It reminds me of the kind of ring Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty might wear! Antique styling for a stone with a dark glamour and a deeply saturated glow.
Maleficent is A-OK with me!
Thank you!

What a stone! What a setting!
I love the outcome
Thank you!

and I forgot my loose leaf tea picture
2B10D577-917D-4805-BA49-518851ADD202.jpeg
Pai Mu Tan

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, the setting and the stone look fantastic together!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a unique and interesting ring! I dont dare call it pretty...it might hiss or bite me! :lol:

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
@Rfisher I just have to tell you that your ring is on Instagram and it is a HUGE hit!!!! No surprise!!! It's so stunning!!!! People are gaga over it- I believe you will be starting a new trend!!! I love it!!!!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I think that killer sapphire/oec dreamboat you had done is going to waste now that you have that chunk of black magic on your finger, so I'll have to help you out in that regard. No no, don't thank me!

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats! it's so gorgeous!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This ring is stunning and I am so entranced by it :love: . Congrats on such a unique piece!
I didn't even know what Georgian era jewelry was until he mentioned it on Instagram and now I have gone down a rabbit hole looking at Georgian pieces. The stone is perfect for the setting and the setting is perfect for the stone!

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
This is beyond stunning. I almost have no words and that’s hard to do lol.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is gorgeous! Simply beautiful! Enjoy it.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous freaking ring. I can’t fault you for wanting something simple but I must admit that I love the details on this one. Those little snake heads! :kiss2: The whole thing is a work of art.

Thanks for sharing your experience with Sako. I think it gives the right amount of insight for those who may work with him in the future.

And lastly.... more pics pretty please?

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
and I forgot my loose leaf tea picture
2B10D577-917D-4805-BA49-518851ADD202.jpeg
Pai Mu Tan

Ok fine hold back on this one! I love the background of tea leaves and the color that that stone picks up!! But back to the tea, mmmmm. I'm heartbroken that my favorite Nepali tea isn't available (short of a trip to buy it in the region )
Thank you for sharing the process, as a fellow new client there are quite a few "wish I knew" moments but seeing the outcome is really encouraging.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I think that killer sapphire/oec dreamboat you had done is going to waste now that you have that chunk of black magic on your finger, so I'll have to help you out in that regard. No no, don't thank me!

Yes, yes & I MUST hold onto that emerald heart cab ring of yours & why that diamond three stone is sure lonely, so it can come home with me also! (;

P.s. I described your ring to sako as ring p0rn. So I basically had a flirting session with your ring before I knew it was yours! I also have to admit that at first glance I had the thought that whoever put a grey spinel into this setting has f$$k you money haha

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely adore this it is unique and that spinel is divine.

I am a huge grey spinel fan I love their metallic look this setting is perfect for it.

I know you feel you should have had a more expensive stone in this expensive setting but I think it is perfection

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning. ❤
It looks amazing on you. Wear in good health and blingy joy.
thank you!

Wow, the setting and the stone look fantastic together!
They do don’t they? Thanks!

What a unique and interesting ring! I dont dare call it pretty...it might hiss or bite me! :lol:
:lol: it is striking isn’t it? :snake:

@Rfisher I just have to tell you that your ring is on Instagram and it is a HUGE hit!!!! No surprise!!! It's so stunning!!!! People are gaga over it- I believe you will be starting a new trend!!! I love it!!!!
:lol:

Try me!
:lol-2:

Congrats! it's so gorgeous!
Thank you!

This ring is stunning and I am so entranced by it :love: . Congrats on such a unique piece!
I didn't even know what Georgian era jewelry was until he mentioned it on Instagram and now I have gone down a rabbit hole looking at Georgian pieces. The stone is perfect for the setting and the setting is perfect for the stone!
Thank you! Sometimes rabbit holes are are totally fine. I think this was one of those times, no? :)

This is beyond stunning. I almost have no words and that’s hard to do lol.
Ha! Thanks!

That is gorgeous! Simply beautiful! Enjoy it.
Thank you!

What a gorgeous freaking ring. I can’t fault you for wanting something simple but I must admit that I love the details on this one. Those little snake heads! :kiss2: The whole thing is a work of art.

Thanks for sharing your experience with Sako. I think it gives the right amount of insight for those who may work with him in the future.

And lastly.... more pics pretty please?
Thank you -
And I will spam some more-just for you
:)

Ok fine hold back on this one! I love the background of tea leaves and the color that that stone picks up!! But back to the tea, mmmmm. I'm heartbroken that my favorite Nepali tea isn't available (short of a trip to buy it in the region )
Thank you for sharing the process, as a fellow new client there are quite a few "wish I knew" moments but seeing the outcome is really encouraging.
Yes! Finding a tea, or anything else for that matter, and then realizing it’s not easy to re-obtain kinda sucks - but then also contributes to keeping it somewhat ‘special’ no?
And you are welcome.
I hope there’s no negative connotations taken by anyone. It’s meant to be a positive in knowing/expecting beforehand and being able to make informed choices of what one can roll with, or not. not a right/wrong. :)

Yes, yes & I MUST hold onto that emerald heart cab ring of yours & why that diamond three stone is sure lonely, so it can come home with me also! (;

P.s. I described your ring to sako as ring p0rn. So I basically had a flirting session with your ring before I knew it was yours! I also have to admit that at first glance I had the thought that whoever put a grey spinel into this setting has f$$k you money haha
This is close to home. And true. And yes, part of my hesitation. It is frivolous. But if I am able to do so - and ok with it- it somewhat adds to the charm and specialness. YMMV.

Thank you!
And I’ve hidden my emerald! :lol-2:

I absolutely adore this it is unique and that spinel is divine.

I am a huge grey spinel fan I love their metallic look this setting is perfect for it.

I know you feel you should have had a more expensive stone in this expensive setting but I think it is perfection

thank you!

Last edited:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here’s the inspo pic and mockup.
And you can see the work Sako did to take that idea and then refine it to work oh so beautifully in the end product.
46068AD2-2135-4D2A-AE22-E4F671668F18.jpeg ADB0925A-6333-419E-9519-F9962E224AB6.jpeg

If anyone else decides to get this setting from him - I know he had plans to engrave detail on the snakes.
I didn’t seize that opportunity, but if someone else does I’d love to see it!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rfisher - this is stupendous. I mean, truly, overwhelmingly, heart-stoppingly GORGEOUS. I covet this so bad!! Everything about it is absolutely perfect. The stormy stone, the masterful setting, the proportions...she is breathtaking from every angle. Even her butt is a showstopper!! I am drooooooling......

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
78C4D8BE-6341-4F06-9BFB-42F935D9BBC3.jpeg
With this stones strong moodiness, the meds prop are quite appropriate. :)
The varying colors I see in the photos up thread look very close to what I see in person.
I know someone will point out the skin tone colors are all over the place. I see that. I understand that. The stone color itself is very similar onscreen to me, to what I see with naked eye in person.
the purple body color
The bluish body color
The monochromatic varying scales of flat charcoal grey
And variations of all depending on light source and intensity. And then the dispersion - when it comes into play.

the green/teal-ish tone sometimes apparent is still hard to catch on photo. It’s caused by some sort of mixed lighting, not environmental wall color /clothing.

Last edited:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rfisher - this is stupendous. I mean, truly, overwhelmingly, heart-stoppingly GORGEOUS. I covet this so bad!! Everything about it is absolutely perfect. The stormy stone, the masterful setting, the proportions...she is breathtaking from every angle. Even her butt is a showstopper!! I am drooooooling......

:blush: you are too kind.
thank you!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5EA115D7-B1A9-49CB-832A-1733E7A95E9F.jpeg

Thank you for some extra pics...I love them. :love: One of the things I love about this ring is the way the shank attaches to the top. It’s so fluid. Just look at those perfect swirls. :kiss2:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic ring - a little bit sinister, a little bit tough guy, and a whole lot of unique design and execution. LOVE the Chassis shots. You, m'dear, have some mad design skills for sure.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I saw this on IG & just realized the sides are snakes! Love it! I can’t put together the words to describe how much I love your ring.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic ring - a little bit sinister, a little bit tough guy, and a whole lot of unique design and execution. LOVE the Chassis shots. You, m'dear, have some mad design skills for sure.

thank you - but I want to clarify 99.5% of this is Sako’s design skills.
He honed and implemented the snake idea I haphazardly threw across the table at him.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
18k yellow shank/silver w/ patina

I’ve not seen much on PS about working with Sako so I can only recount ‘my’ experience. I’m sure it’s not the same for others. ‘These Covid times’ may play a part. The production time of the project was/is a non issue with me.

He’s very nice, funny, and approachable. He’s obviously very skilled and has a great eye.

If I could start this project over with what I know now -
Initial quote was ‘$X total’ and then I sent my stone to him. I should have asked what that total quote encompassed and what it did not. CAD fees in particular.
I gave my requirements of ring size and minimum shank measurement and said details were up to him.
I should have restated my minimum shank width later again to be sure, and realized maybe stating ‘details up to him’ may be taken as the earlier total quote given was a fluid concept. He mistakenly reversed my minimum shank width to be my maximum shank width.
I love the ring. I originally asked for simple and plain, Simple and plain examples were shown by him and I assumed that was enough. The first cad had scrollwork, design and additional cost were vaguely discussed, I chose back to simple and plain and that got lost in the conversation. The second and final cad is where the miscommunication became evident.
I probably would have picked a different stone for this project, in hindsight.
(this is an inexpensive stone in my most expensive setting - it’s a mind over matter issue)
After any discussion I should have asked ‘does this change the quote’. Even though the times I did ask - the answers were quite often ended with ‘maybe more’.
I get the impression many of his clients (think JAR level) do not need or wish to know of the final invoice being higher than initial quote due to additional labor/design/materials -
He’s very talented and he deserves to charge what he feels is correct for his work. I can not fault any craftsperson for that.
If I have the opportunity to work with him again - my approach will be tailored to suit his method of operation.

as I re-read this I see where it could come off as being upset or unhappy.
that is definitely not the case. I am happy with the outcome.

This is super helpful. I just started a project with him, and am anxious as I am on a very tight timeline. I am curious - how long did your ring take from start to finish? Fingers crossed it works out, thank you for sharing your experience!

I think the outcome is just FABULOUS! I was ogling your ring on Instagram and think the deep colored spinel is just perfect for the setting. It is moody, edgy and just luscious.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results