shape
carat
color
clarity

MOBzilla Meltdown Moment

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Miracles, I''m hoping your daughter''s fitting goes well. **** TRUCK LOAD OF PS DUST **** to you!!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto to lliang_chi!!!

DUST DUST DUST DUST!!!!!!!

(And Sarah-I did end up getting some sleep. And you are NOT alone with the BF/FI messiness/disorganized/lack of shopping skills-mine is the SAME WAY!)

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
DUSSSSSSSSSSSST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5.gif
Hehe. Please don''t forget to let us know how it went and it''s nice to hear you''re sticking around!

Yaay Freke, I''m not alone! Haha. I''m glad you got some sleep! I got less than I planned.
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
FI woke me up at 8:30 to say.."Ummm..Ummm...my...car..is..breaking down.
39.gif
" Well he didn''t cry, but sounded like he was going to. So I got up and went into action. Luckily we both got paid today and he has a second, newer car now, so we took his car to the shop. We''ll see how it goes. It''s strange that the brakes are going out for a second time within a year.
33.gif
Oh well, we''ll see in a few hours how bad the damage is $$-wise and what the problem is I suppose.
23.gif
Off to nap!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to say that I hope things go well at the fitting also. I''m kind of confused about what''s going on with the dress at this point (was it a bait and switch type thing, where you thought you were getting the other dress but they knew all along it wasn''t available? and if so, can''t they be held responsible legally?) but it''s certainly clear that things haven''t improved since the last time I read up on what was going on.
7.gif

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
Miracles I''ve been following this and just... WOW... You may want to consider a small claims case...

How''d the fitting go today? Hopefully they fixed everything and it looked fabulous!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
DUST, DUST, DUST!!! And some pepper for the "others"...
11.gif
29.gif

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
MR, I am so sorry to hear about all of your dress woes. I hope tonight's fitting will solve all of your problems.

Although I do see the differences in the gown your daughter received and the gown she tried on (the sample), I don't think you should abandon that dress, it's gorgeous and your daughter looks amazing in both of the gowns. I would not think something is wonky about the dress.

*sending more dust your way*

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Yayayayaya!!! I do not know what kind of PS fairy dust you all have, but I sure am glad it''s legal
36.gif
31.gif

We walked into the store with the petticoat and she tried on the dress, while I talked to the seamstress who assured me she understood what the problems were. It was as if everything before today had never happened. My daughter came out and I broke down crying. I hugged the seamstress. She probably almost poked herself with a pin, but I couldn''t help myself, I wanted to pick her up and do a twirl as though we were dancing on SYTYCD!!
30.gif

Although we still need to do some tweaks, and it is clear they did a lot of them this on the dress this week, I think we are going to be good to go. The dress bustled beautifully, although I am going to need my reading glasses on to do that come wedding day, because there are a lot of buttons. We are adding some temporary pieces of crinoline for the ceremony and then we will have to detach them before buttoning up the bustle. The next fitting is next Thursday. I will post pictures from today as soon as they download from the camera and I can resize them.

My daughter said..."The petticoat wasn''t that big Mom, they worked some sort of magic on that dress" So, thank you PS''er''s. Between your dust and our prayer chain, my daughter''s dress looks much more amazing than we thought it would be able to look given the problems with the length and the amount they had to take it in. They did offer to drop the bottom layer and make any other tweaks if we thought they were needed.

OMG, I can breathe again...Now I can focus on getting my dress ready.
26.gif

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Yaaayyyyyyyy!!!! I could hug myself!!! I''m so happy for you! Oo, be sure to let us know which dress you''re wearing
5.gif

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYAYAYAYAY!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I am smiling ear to ear reading that! So wonderful! I am endlessly happy this is working out for you, miracles. You and your beautiful daughter deserve to have perfection!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
YAH Miracles
36.gif
I''m thrilled for you and your daughter! I''m so happy everything worked out
9.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad it worked out! I''ve been reading but I didn''t know how I could contribute to this thread, so I stayed quiet. I''m happy that you can finally move on to other parts of this whole planning process.

Just out of curiosity, is your daughter interested in joining PS? I feel like we''ve gotten to know so much about you both.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 11:39:32 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
I''m so glad it worked out! I''ve been reading but I didn''t know how I could contribute to this thread, so I stayed quiet. I''m happy that you can finally move on to other parts of this whole planning process.

Just out of curiosity, is your daughter interested in joining PS? I feel like we''ve gotten to know so much about you both.
She''s probably lurking...
I don''t think she''ll admit it, but I''ll bet she''s spying on me.
31.gif

Zoe, Wishful, poc, choro mere gtn, all of you...Feisty Freke, Sarah, Gwen, and everyone else I am too lazy to go back and pick one...I didn''t forget you, I love all of you...now some pics..

We still have some poof to add, and some adjustments with the adornments on the hipline and some more taking in at the chest (she inherited my flat chest)...but Phew...it''s getting there!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
THANK GOODNESS!!!

I was worried I was going to have to fly out there and whoop some dress shop owner arse with some stilettos.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I have to white her face in the rest...she doesn''t like it when she''s got no makeup on...
13.gif

july 3rd fitting front1.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh you weren''t kidding!!!!It looks amazing now!!!!YAY!!!!!

Is she excited now? (Dude, seamstress needs a RAISE!!)

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 11:51:34 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Oh my gosh you weren''t kidding!!!!It looks amazing now!!!!YAY!!!!!

Is she excited now? (Dude, seamstress needs a RAISE!!)
Oh yeah, you can tell by the look on her face between the last two fittings and this one. It turns out that the person I thought was the seamstress is actually the "fitter" and works with the seamstress, but whatever...she "gets" it. And I want a raise too!! This is bustle from the back...it''s soooo looking better and very much in keeping with the theme of the wedding. She could have easily gone with our other choice of a some beautiful mermaids and trumpets dresses, but she wanted to be really different and go with something that would honoring her new last name and her future childrens heritage. And..well, something blingy and princess-y.
9.gif

july 3rd fitting bustle back.JPG

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Miracles - the dress looks awesome! It fits your daughter like a glove and I don''t see a flat chest at all - she looks amazing!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2008 12:11:16 AM
Author: pocahontas
Miracles - the dress looks awesome! It fits your daughter like a glove and I don't see a flat chest at all - she looks amazing!

That would be because she whispered to me "Mom, I left my boobs in the dressing room", so those of you who know me, know that I have no shame, so said "R******, she left her boobs in the dressing one, could you get those for us? "
3.gif

My daughter did this
20.gif

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Haha! Too funny. Again, I''m so thrilled for you guys! By the way, did you already post about your outfit? I couldn''t find anything. What is the MOB wearing to her DD''s wedding?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I mean, LOOK at the difference!!!

Model, awful fitting, and latest fitting!!!

ETA: I'm so happy miracles. Her poor skirt isn't U shaped anymore!!!!HUZZAH!!!!!!!

Miracles daughter gown SAVED.jpg

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
now THAT''S a dress! it looks soooooo much better, and i am ECSTATIC for you and your daughter! yaaaaay!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
It looks GREAT now! I''ve been checking back all evening hoping to see the photos and now I see that they were worth the wait!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Wow Freke, that was fast!! Yeah, HUGE difference. We still aren't happy with the way that it shrunk my daughter's torso because they had to take it in so much and it was too short, but overall, we aren't dreading it and we can totally live with it the way it is. In a perfect world, we would have known to custom order, but I can't even imagine how much more it would have cost us...
22.gif
22.gif

They still have to steam the petticoat, and I think that lowering the hip adornment will give a slight illusion of adding a teensy bit to the torso issue, but again, despite the disaster it could have been, we couldn't be more relieved than we are right now.
36.gif

She is going to love your picure prowess....

ETA: Now that I look at your side by side pictures, we may go ahead and have them drop the bottom an inch or so..that might help too. Good I love these comparision pictures. It sure is helpful.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
2.gif

I do what I can. I''m just thrilled that it looks so much better.

Are they charging you for alterations?

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2008 12:36:22 AM
Author: FrekeChild
2.gif

I do what I can. I''m just thrilled that it looks so much better.

Are they charging you for alterations?
They charged us for that at the first fitting.
7.gif

But they waived the cost of steaming and pressing the dress, and they are also steaming and pressing our petticoat as well as making any every alteration from now until the day we walk out the door. I still think they should toss in a veil for the grief they gave us, but I have already been working on my forgiveness. All last night and today.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
My daughter didn't give me time to order a MOB dress, so I am wearing one I bought for a black tie wedding last year. She really wanted me to wear this one anyway, because it is like the bridesmaid dresses. They have gold ones, but there's are strapless or floor length. The BM's are wearing Nicole Miller ruched cap sleeves style ones. Two of the gals need full coverage for bras because they are "blessed" (although they would say "cursed") with bigger than life tata's.

I took the silver thingy off of it last week, and have no idea what I am going to do with it. I need straps or something I think, and I am still looking for some sort of bolero. I also bought some fabric to see how creative I can get with the top of it....

My MOB dress already owned by me.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Got any pics?
31.gif
31.gif

Hubba hubba lady!!!You''re going to pick up some men wearing that dress!!! (How are you going to do your hair and what else are you going to wear with it?

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t decided on hair yet. I was just so stressed over my daughter''s dress that I couldn''t even think about me. Now that I can, I have no idea.

My daughter is going half up/have down with extensions in her hair. MOG is getting a french bun/twist and she has GOBS of hair.

I don''t have gobs of hair. So, I think I am going to try out some extensions, not for length, but just for more thickness and go with that or go up...I dunno. I can''t whip out my 80''s hair, that''s for sure.
2.gif

Anyone have any suggestions?
28.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
80s hair!!!80s hair!!!!80s hair!!!!

Can you see the look on your daughter's face if you said that to her?

Hee hee hee...

Think I should buy a 1 ct pink spinel?

ETA: I'm seeing something curly and pulled to a side. How long is your hair?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results