shape
carat
color
clarity

MOBzilla Meltdown Moment

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I think your hair looks great pulled up and off your face, like in your photo. You have really striking features and you should show them off!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Ummm, let me Goggle "spinel"...

Okay, it''s a gemstone, but I''m not finding anything scandalous...:::snicker::::

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Erica: I''m leaning in that direction too. I am still trying to get used to having my hair dark again, so it might be better for me in pictures, although I don''t like my profile as much with my hair up. I like to had behind it when possible.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I''m still having fun looking at my daughter''s dress fitting today. I''m not super in love with the back of it, but it''s still so much better than it was...and it will be even better when they get finished tweaking with it...but she loves it and when she is happy....I am happy.
9.gif

july 3rd fitting 3 way heart face.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
The back looks so much better. She looks gorgeous.

And no the pink spinel is not as scandalous as it probably should be...

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Okay, last one, I promise. I love looking at her. I can''t help it. My baby is getting married in three weeks. WOOHOO!!!

july 3rd fitting bustle side view1 heart.JPG

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/4/2008 12:56:46 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Got any pics?
31.gif
31.gif

Hubba hubba lady!!!You're going to pick up some men wearing that dress!!! (How are you going to do your hair and what else are you going to wear with it?

What Freke said
9.gif
And, I agree with Erica that you should wear your hair off your face - let that dress and your rocking body be the focus!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
That thing looks like it''d be a beast to bustle. How hard is it?

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2008 1:31:32 AM
Author: FrekeChild
That thing looks like it'd be a beast to bustle. How hard is it?
12 or 14 buttons on the lowest tier, and I can't see the little pieces of material to wrap around the buttons without my reading glasses (I'm getting old).

The second tier is only 3 buttons, I think. And the highest tier, only one button that hangs on a strap. Sturdy stuff, that's for sure. Initially they told me they were going to use "ties" and I thought "huh". But it's much better with the buttons.

::::sings::::: Loosen up my buttons babe...loo sen up mah but tons babe :::::::::
31.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I pinky swear.... last one... Dang, her dress is going to fire off like some of the bling in SMTR thread.
30.gif

july 3rd fitting sparkly princess bride.JPG

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I''m loving the pictures! I think a celebration is in order.
party2.gif

gingerbread%20house.gif

flower2.gif

Date: 7/4/2008 1:09:42 AM
Author: EricaR
I think your hair looks great pulled up and off your face, like in your photo. You have really striking features and you should show them off!
Miracle, is your avatar an actual picture of yourself? You don''t look old enough to have a daughter to give away!
Oo, I think you should have your hair up, and the front down your face, if you know what I''m talking about.

What if her FI saw this thread with all these gorgeous pictures?
3.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
A) YAY the dress looks HEAPS better! Just HEAPS AN HEAPS!

B) If you leave the boards I will hunt you down and drag you back. LOL. Just kidding, but please don''t leave. We
emlove.gif
you.

C) YAY THE DRESS LOOKS BETTER. I''m so happy. It''s night and day in the three panelled pic you posted!!!

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
The dress looks a million times better than it did. I am soo happy for you gals. I am really glad that everything worked out. Now you can focus on your dress. Before you know it the wedding will be here and you will have soo much fun.
36.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
The dress looks way better then it did before :) I am so glad for you that the seamstress came through :) and the main thing your daughter is happy again.

She is going to look stunning on her wedding day the dress is really something else, I love it.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks GORGEOUS on her. I''m so glad that it got sorted and that everyone''s happy again. It fits her like a glove now. And your dress is amazing! You''ll be one hot mamma!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!! I''m glad the dress worked out. You daughter''s going to look ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!! And Freke is right, you''re going to pick up some guarantee attention with your dress too! Yay!!! Happy synthetic Friday for EVERYONE.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG that looks SO MUCH BETTER. Your daughter is going to be a knockout gorgeous bride
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

And that dress for you is seriously fabulous - you will both look absolutely fantastic
9.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Looks fantastic! I am so happy you guys are back to enjoying this glorious wedding stuff! You will both be incredibly beautiful for this wonderful day!
36.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2008 2:25:22 AM
Author: choro72
I'm loving the pictures! I think a celebration is in order.
party2.gif

gingerbread%20house.gif

flower2.gif

Date: 7/4/2008 1:09:42 AM
Author: EricaR
Miracle, is your avatar an actual picture of yourself? You don't look old enough to have a daughter to give away!
Oo, I think you should have your hair up, and the front down your face, if you know what I'm talking about.

What if her FI saw this thread with all these gorgeous pictures?
3.gif

Her FI will never see this thread. Unless we show him afterwards. Oh, wait...NO WE WILL NEVER SHOW HIM. He would freak out about the
22.gif
, even if it wasn't his. He can't believe what women spend on dresses. But we can definately show him photos after the wedding so he can fully appreciate what women have to go through that men seldom seem to go through. Although we could give him grief over how much he spends on collector edition action figures ala 40-yr Old Virgin.
2.gif

Yes, that is me in my avatar. A recent picture. I'm surfing the web right now for inspiration pics for my hair. I am also trying to play around with my dress. I need to go get a spanx to see if I can push some bootie/hip flesh up into my waist. Otherwise, I really need to grow a larger upper back. And well...that just isn't gonna happen.

Gypsy: Doesn't it though? I mean HEAPS and HEAPS was a good choice of words too...

Amber, Lliang, Poc, Deelight, Zoe, Museik, bee, Erica, Gwen- Thank you, all of you, we are both so relieved.

I bet you are relieved too Museik, since this will mean I won't be such a freak next week.
17.gif

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!!! I''m so glad it worked out and I think it''s fabulous!!

3 weeks for me and your daughter!!

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, night and day difference! It is not a dress I would have picked up on a hanger...which is a shame, because it is stunning on your daughter!
30.gif
I can''t wait to see the pictures from the wedding!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
WOW. To be honest, I didn''t think the terrible fitting was that terrible until I saw these last photos. That dress is incredible, and your daughter is going to look just stunning.

And, by the way, you are going to look smokin''! Holy cow. You and your daughter are gorgeous.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah HEAPS is endlessly appropriate. My Australian cousin used to use it a lot... or heaps. It's stuck with me.

I'm with princess... when you see the before and after it's like night and day. HEAPS better I say.
36.gif

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
I am slightly relieved but I know you will be stressin until the day of. :)

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Oh my I am SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I was gone for a few days and came back to great news!!
12.gif
PS dust is seriously magic!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Haha, muse...tis' true. But I am sure both of you will be more stressed when I'm gooooonnnnneeee afterwards. Well, maybe not.
32.gif

SARAH...Yayayaya, I hope you had a great 3-day holiday. I am so relieved. I think I found a really cool bolero for my dress too. Things are lookin up!!

Courtney (That's the name of my daughter's MOH), Amadine, and Princesss...thanks. I know that it seemed like I was being picky, but hopefully, you can see the difference now, and why I was freaking out and ready to go to blows with the salon manager and the designer. [/i]

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you guys ever email the pics to the designer?

I''m UBER grumpy ATM. So I''m restraining myself from throttling everyone within walking distance.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
We emailed your first comparison pic to the designer. Well, not we, my daughter attached it to her email. We suspect that her email and the picture you created convinced the designer I wasn''t just a crazy controlling MOB. We think that is why there was such a major about face in the service received to date. Whatever it was, and it was probably a combination of things, we are just relieved that the dress look like it is supposed to look. I just want my daughter to be happy. And that dress was not happy...it was very sad.

Why are you UBER grumpy? Not that you need a reason. I believe women have an inherent right to be grumpy just because.
2.gif

Can I do something to make you smile? Like this...
Just pretend I''m streaking....[/i]

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Never underestimate the power of PS dust!!

She looks AMAZING. That dress is spectacular, on her, and with the theme. I think it is wonderful that SOMEONE in that idiot salon got their crap together.

You will be hotness itself as the MOB. Your daughter is lucky to have you, you have done all you can and then some to ensure her the wedding of her dreams, even if it caused you some nightmares. Will you adopt me (if you are not too exhausted?)

Glad it all worked out. But I would pass on referring anyone to that salon or that designer!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2008 12:58:45 AM
Author: diamondfan
Never underestimate the power of PS dust!!

She looks AMAZING. That dress is spectacular, on her, and with the theme. I think it is wonderful that SOMEONE in that idiot salon got their crap together.

You will be hotness itself as the MOB. Your daughter is lucky to have you, you have done all you can and then some to ensure her the wedding of her dreams, even if it caused you some nightmares. Will you adopt me (if you are not too exhausted?)

Glad it all worked out. But I would pass on referring anyone to that salon or that designer!

I already have.
2.gif

Thank you DF. I think we might be changing the BM dresses now, with less than 3 weeks to go.
20.gif
I am not stressed over this possibility though. Wierd, I am much more calm than ever, now that the wedding dress disaster was averted.

I just had another massage, made some dinner and I am reading the posts without a care in the world right now. Such a 180 from the last few weeks when I was being driven bonk, bonk, bonkers
14.gif

Maybe it is exhaustion. Oh well, I found a bolero and we are getting down to the wire, and I am getting excited now.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results