shape
carat
color
clarity

MOBzilla Meltdown Moment

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I always say tomorrow brings new things, so you are on the other side of the sh*t storm and things worked out reasonably well. I mean, the dress is just beyond incredible and she looks lovely and special in it, and you were the momma bear for her in her time of need. It is draining to do that, but she needed you to and you did it. Trust me she will likely NEVER forget it, no matter what else goes on, beyond the money for the wedding...you fought for her, really went to bat for her, and that is priceless.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2008 12:23:33 AM
Author: miraclesrule
We emailed your first comparison pic to the designer. Well, not we, my daughter attached it to her email. We suspect that her email and the picture you created convinced the designer I wasn''t just a crazy controlling MOB. We think that is why there was such a major about face in the service received to date. Whatever it was, and it was probably a combination of things, we are just relieved that the dress look like it is supposed to look. I just want my daughter to be happy. And that dress was not happy...it was very sad.

Why are you UBER grumpy? Not that you need a reason. I believe women have an inherent right to be grumpy just because.
2.gif

Can I do something to make you smile? Like this...

Just pretend I''m streaking....
27.gif
I don''t have to pretend you''re streaking...I know that off in San Diego you''re running around nakey.

Uber grumpy due to school. My teacher is totally disorganized and out of wack. Seriously-didn''t know that the online curriculum thing didn''t kick in until the day of (midnight last night), and she didn''t order the books with the bookstore-but she''s still requiring them-so I can''t get one until about Saturday (if I''m lucky) and we have our test on Friday. Yes. This friday-and the saturday is the day AFTER friday. UGH. And the class is only 4 weeks. Did I mention that the book costs $132??

Then she showed up to class today looking completely disheveled (her hair was a birds nest), and spend 15 minutes before class messing with the AV equipment, had to go get the AV guy, and then finally figured out that she couldn''t even project to where she was projecting to, because there wasn''t a screen there, and then it took her another 5 minutes to figure out there WAS a screen there, only the controls for it were on the wall. It was a freaking mess. And now I''m really tired and have a headache. UGH UGH UGH.

Oh and not to mention my peridot fiasco. But that is partially in the Colored Stones thread. The other part is in my email and contains words that are not PS appropriate.

Apparently I''m still pretty grumpy.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/8/2008 12:22:09 AM
Date: 7/7/2008 12:58:45 AM

Author: diamondfan

Never underestimate the power of PS dust!!

Will you adopt me (if you are not too exhausted?)

I already have.
2.gif

just for the record, DF adopted me in the wedding shoes thread (i''m holding you to that in the hopes that my feet grow enough to wear an 8.5 or 9!!!
2.gif
), and you adopted df, so doesn''t that make you my adopted grandmother??
9.gif

i''m soooooo glad the dress got fixed--your daughter is absolutely gorgeous, and you have to post wedding pix, and you''re not allowed to vacate PS post-wedding because you''re the comic relief around here, you streaker you! ...okay, so i''m demanding. hehe!
37.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey! DF adopted me too!!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Girls, there is enough of me to go around! And I think Miracles can handle a few more daughters too, as as long as they do not have wedding dress issues. Do not think she can survive another round of that.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don't worry Miracles!!! I'm laidback until someone pushes my buttons, and then the one who did it must face
THE WRATH OF FREKE,
which, I'll be honest, can be extremely scary. Especially if you're my dad.
11.gif

So I can take care of my own wedding dress drama (although there had better not be any. See above.)

But I'd love to be in both of your families diamondfan and miracles!!!!

(Imagine the shoe collection...
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
)

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I honestly don''t think my heart could ever take another wedding....

So, we had another dress fitting today and instead of getting the two detachable pieces that were to put onto the dress so the back of the dress was even all the way around in the back, they had the pieces sewn in. I didn''t think it would be a big deal...because the dress looked gorgeous when she came out and it finally fits on top.
36.gif

The seamstress agreed that the adornment on the waist needed to be lowered a bit and she made note to do that this week. Then it was time to bustle it again. For some reason, when we bustled it this time, we had that wierd mass in the back on the bottom. We are mystified as to why it was doing what it was doing. It was like the dress rose up in the back into a ball. Two hours later and we still can''t figure it out. And one point my daughter started crying because although she knows it looked better last week, she couldn''t articulate what was different and at this point I was too exhausted to care.

Perhaps it is because it was bagged and everything is all bunching up wierdly. I don''t know. But the dress is bordering on funky again. I just hope when they steam it out and iron it out again, and make the pieces detachable, we will have the dress looking exactly like it''s supposed to.

I wish she would have chosen a simplier gown. I just don''t have any patience left. My poor camera is tired of importing and I am tired of this dress.
38.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
14.gif
38.gif
39.gif
32.gif
20.gif
8.gif
7.gif
29.gif

29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
You know what was sort of ironic...
When we were booking the next fitting for next week, there was a very large coffe mug at the counter that said"

La la la....I can''t hear you...La la la

I pointed it out and a little sarcastically said "Nice cup" the salon manager said "Yeah, that''s mine" I said "Yeah, why did I guess that would be yours"
20.gif

Anyway, I am just going to stay in the "Let Go and Let God" mode and pray that whatever they do this week is what we be. So, let''s just hope that it was the fact that it was bagged.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA at her mug. Fitting, yeah? OMG.

She needs a...nevermind. I would like to stay on PS.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2008 11:38:46 PM
Author: FrekeChild
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA at her mug. Fitting, yeah? OMG.

She needs a...nevermind. I would like to stay on PS.
I can think of alot of things I''d be willing to give that salon manager, as well
11.gif
29.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Freake,
Could you do me a favor? I can send you some PS fairy dust...
31.gif

I would like to get a Freke special...the side by side of the bustle shot from last week and compare to this weeks wtf bustle...

July 10 wtf bustle.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miracles... I would be at my wits end with these idiots. Seriously. Its crazy that after all this time the issues haven''t been resolved yet. I woulda gone bridezilla on their arses LONG before now. Of course, I have the patience of an ant on speed. LOL.

I''m worn out on the my wedding, I can''t imagine how you and DD feel. Crazy.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
After much stress and my tinkering and more stress and more tinkering...this was the MOBjob bustle before we left today...

July 10 bustle after MOBjob.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah give me a couple of minutes...

ETA: I like the file name for the last one. LMAO.

ETA: actually the last two...

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
bangnut1.gif
pound.gif
paddle.gif
rollpin.gif
29.gif

I really have no words...
slider_sigh.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Miracles: I've been MIA from PS for awhile, and didn't see your post until now.

I truly feel for you and your daughter. This just blows!

I'm not certain if you're looking to take further action due to all the crap this salon has put you thru. But if you do, then I suggest you visit bridalinsider.com That site was INVALUABLE to me when I was planning my Temecula wedding a couple of years ago. The San Diego forums are very active, and the ladies there ROCK!

I'd start by doing a search and learning all you can about the salon. Perhaps others have had similar experiences?

Hope this info helps!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here you go. Want one with the the MOBjob too?

Miracles daughter wtf bustle.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Is the salon manager the one in the mirror with her head against the wall... looks like she has a black dress on???

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Or the one in the light purple sweater with khaki slacks?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 12:13:44 AM
I was guessing that one is the seamstress...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooo...good point!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 12:11:57 AM
Author: meresal
Is the salon manager the one in the mirror with her head against the wall... looks like she has a black dress on???
Yep, that's her. But she is wearing pants. Are you visioning her for some voodoo?
31.gif

No, that's bad karma. Maybe....or maybe not...

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 12:13:44 AM

Yeah, the seamstress was wearing the lavender shirt.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Sure, one with the Mobjob would be good...especially if all three fit together. My daughter doesn''t really want to see the whackjob wtf bustle, but I think it''s important that she send the picture to the salon manager to ensure that we are very clear what look we love and one that makes us want to toss someone over a really high cliff.
17.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 12:21:29 AM
Date: 7/11/2008 12:11:57 AM
Author: meresal
Yep, that''s her. But she is wearing pants. Are you visioning her for some voodoo?
31.gif

No, that''s bad karma. Maybe....or maybe not...
What on earth kind of pants is she wearing?!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What order do you want them in?

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
The same order of my mood swings...Happy Bustle July 3/Mad Bustle July 10/MOBModified July 10

Or something they can understand. Muy bueno/No No Bueno/Mas differente bustle

Although I can cuss in spanish, I can't spell it..
8.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
BAM!

ETA: I just want to say thanks Miracles, for improving my mad photoshopping speed skillz. Less than 4 minutes!! WHOOOOT WHOOOOOT!!!!

miracles daughter bustle 3 panel.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 12:11:35 AM
Author: ChargerGrrl
Miracles: I''ve been MIA from PS for awhile, and didn''t see your post until now.

I truly feel for you and your daughter. This just blows!

I''m not certain if you''re looking to take further action due to all the crap this salon has put you thru. But if you do, then I suggest you visit bridalinsider.com That site was INVALUABLE to me when I was planning my Temecula wedding a couple of years ago. The San Diego forums are very active, and the ladies there ROCK!

I''d start by doing a search and learning all you can about the salon. Perhaps others have had similar experiences?

Hope this info helps!

It does blow. I have been looking for you Charger girl. How sad was the whole Terrence Kiel death. What a waste of potential. Such a tragedy.
15.gif

I will check out those forums. I sure hope that everything will work out in the end. I could do without the stress though. Really. Really could do without it. I know that it doesn''t help my daughter for Mom to start going a bit ballastic but honestly, she just wants to believe it will all work out. I felt bad that I sort of took some of my frustration out on her tonight and told her to start talking...tell them. But then all she could do was tear up and could only say that she liked it better last week and didn''t know how to explain what was different and what could be done. At times, I just wanted to give up and at one point I did say "Forget it, I''m done" But then I realized that I just couldn''t do that. It''s not in my blood to give up. I got it from my Daddy. You fight for what is right. Even if you have to unleash some beast.

But on the other hand, one of the girls at the salon that I do really like, was talking to me as she was pretend fluffing pillows and told me that our bustle was the best that she has ever seen on that dress and that nobody has gotten it to look that good. That made me feel better because I knew that all the stress was actually helping, even though I was made to feel like a loon. I''m not a loon...well, not all the time.
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results