shape
carat
color
clarity

MOBzilla Meltdown Moment

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 12:21:29 AM
Author: miraclesrule

Date: 7/11/2008 12:11:57 AM
Author: meresal
Is the salon manager the one in the mirror with her head against the wall... looks like she has a black dress on???
Yep, that''s her. But she is wearing pants. Are you visioning her for some voodoo?
31.gif

No, that''s bad karma. Maybe....or maybe not...
No voodoo... just wanted to point out that her attitude looks absolutely sickening. Was she standing back there like that the whole time? It''s not your fault that she has taken a job where she deals with people on a daily basis. I was immediately irritated just thinking about what is going thru her head in that picture!!! UGGHHHHH!!!
29.gif

I REALLY despise her!!!
29.gif
(despise is my most hurtful emotion... lame, I know)

I don''t know how I could handle having her look at me like that, for 2 hours... you are much stronger than myself. Congrats for making it all the way here!!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 12:53:39 AM
Freke,

You are the bomb chicka. Honestly, if I didn''t have you and PS, I think I would have seriously lost my mind. With these pictures it is so clear, so obvious, that nobody, especially a salon manager and a seamstress could argue with my assessment.

Seriously, you are the reason my my sanity. I want to reach out and squeeze your guts out...

Awww....thank you!!!!And you''re welcome very much!!!!! It is my pleasure to help you!!!
I welcome any bone-crushing and gut squeezing hugs from you, miracles!!!!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
You know, the more I look at the pictures the more
29.gif
''up I get.

I am sick and tired of having to be forced to be "that MOB" who seems like she is a lunatic. For gawd''s sake it is so obvious!!

Part of me thinks I should cut them some slack, because it is wedding season and they are probably inundated with Brides and fittings and alterations, but I tell myself that bs and I don''t care. That isn''t an excuse to ignore the obvious. They should be the ones analyzing and providing alternative solutions, not me. I''m supposed to have to write the check and watch it transform into ...as the designer states "The crowning glory" of the wedding.

Today, I was wearing my famous "granny panties" aka "vintage" and I kept stooping down and they would totally show. I kept having to say sorry for my granny panties, but this is important ladies. I would get up and try to tuck those suckers down. It was drama. Two hours of this maddening drama. My daughter has the pictures now and she is going to email the salon manager to make it clear that we do want them to make the adjustments that I made today. She said she just doesn''t have the ability to deal with it tonight. We are both stressing over what to pack for her Vegas weekend. We both just discovered that we had the same thing in our suitcase. One pair of jeans.
6.gif

We really need to get crackin''. I told her "Look, if we can''t think straight, just toss in all our makeup, curling irons and beauty products, a few pair of shoes and we can just buy clothes when we get there. I guess dress drama can be a real good excuse for retail therapy. But I may have to kiss my dream diamond studs goodbye for a few months. Boo....

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Go to Tiffs and buy yourself a stacking ring!!!Along with your new wardrobe!!!

Because, you know, that''s so what I''d do.

What about your sheer "Vegas" shirt you were telling me about?

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 2:04:22 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Go to Tiffs and buy yourself a stacking ring!!!Along with your new wardrobe!!!

Because, you know, that''s so what I''d do.

What about your sheer ''Vegas'' shirt you were telling me about?
Yep, I tossed that in the suitcase. I hate the color now, but I think I am going to have to live with it. I can''t wear the jeans I used to wear with that shirt because they were too big for me and I gave them away to a friend. So, I have another pair that I don''t have shoes that go with them very well. I think I have three pair of shoes, two shirts, a couple of tees, two pair a undies, all my bras, and make up. There will be 15 gals there, so if push to comes to shove, I will rifle through their clothes. They always share with me, and me with them, so I think we will be okay.

I do have a really cute dress that I wore last time I was in Vegas, so I guess I will have to text my daughter to tell her to pack those shoes of hers that I borrowed last time I wore the dress. At this point, I couldn''t care less what I''m wearing. ::::sigh::::

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 12:51:01 AM

Date: 7/11/2008 12:21:29 AM

Date: 7/11/2008 12:11:57 AM
Is the salon manager the one in the mirror with her head against the wall... looks like she has a black dress on???
Yep, that's her. But she is wearing pants. Are you visioning her for some voodoo?
31.gif

No, that's bad karma. Maybe....or maybe not...
No voodoo... just wanted to point out that her attitude looks absolutely sickening. Was she standing back there like that the whole time? It's not your fault that she has taken a job where she deals with people on a daily basis. I was immediately irritated just thinking about what is going thru her head in that picture!!! UGGHHHHH!!!
29.gif

I REALLY despise her!!!
29.gif
(despise is my most hurtful emotion... lame, I know)

I don't know how I could handle having her look at me like that, for 2 hours... you are much stronger than myself. Congrats for making it all the way here!!
She was definately more helpful this time, because I made her participate. There were so many girls in there tonight for fittings that we had to wait a good 15 minutes for the seamstress to pin a BM's dress before she could get back to working with us. I was really fuming that the other bride in there for getting to work with a "fitter" or seamstress who was American and spoke English. I was frustrated, and it showed, that the salon manager wouldn't translate for me. I would say a few whole sentences and she would say four words. I had to tell her "you are not translating what I am saying". Now bear in mind, that I have to work with translator a lot on the job and in depositions, so I know when someone is not translating what I am saying. I think the seamstress is beginning to get stressed out over the miscommunication as well. I feel like we need to have all understanding in emails with a big "10-4" Comprende after each one. I hope I can get some sleep tonight. I may not join the party tomorrow night and just rest up in my hotel room alone, take a nice long bath and gear up for all the Saturday events. I may have to take a lot more days off before the wedding than I had originally planned to.

Gypsy: I hear you!! I am one of the most impatient people that I know. Which is why I think that having to be patient with these people and not stress out my daughter is not working. It probably makes me worse. A lot of frustration just shows in my sighs and my talking to myself out lou, hoping someone will jump in and offer solutions. At one point it was destined to get ugly and I had to walk around and look at jewelry or talk to other brides and congratulate them so I could prevent myself from going ape-caca on the store personnel. I wish I had Freke's skill so I could do an instant import of photos to show side by sides on my laptop while I was in store so that I didn't have to go throught the additional stress and time of doing it this way...but whatever...it is what it is.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Okay, one last photo side by side request...remember the perfect looking dress last week? This is what it looked like today. Something has definately changed from the last great pic in the side by sides...especially at the bottom. Praying it''s the steaming, but I doubt it. I think they did drop the bottom tier or maybe it was the placement of the petticoat. I can''t tell.

July 10 front view...what happened.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
hmmmm, let''s try that again...

July 10 front view what happened.jpg

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I just want to say I am SO relieved everything turned out alright. I''ve been lurking in this thread hoping for positive updates. Your daughter looked lovely in the flawed dress, but NOW it''s PERFECT!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Miracles! Whyyyy did I not think of this before? I speak Spanish. Not 100% perfect Spanish, and I don''t have technical dress terms, but I speak "Get my point across and get what I want done" Spanish. If you want to write out on here what you need, I can do my best to translate it so that the seamstress can understand and you don''t have to deal with the salon manager.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Miracles: The bride on Say yes to the dress, has ordered your daughters dress....

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What is up with that last pic? Why is the under layer so long?

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
princesss- I really could have used you tonight. The salon manager wasn''t there and it was pure hell trying to talk to the seamstress. I have gotten good at hand signals.

Freke- I have no idea why it''s doing that. I am crazy mad about it and may have to take some scissors to some of the crinoline underneath. How can the dress change so much from one week to the next week when they only put two small pieces in and we yanked them right out? They did something else to that dress and I have no idea what it was.

meresal- I just saw that on another thread. I get that channel and it starts right now...so I am going to watch the episode. I wish I had a vhs cassette right now.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
38.gif
38.gif
39.gif
40.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Freke: It looked a bit better tonight. We go back on Thursday. I am going to have her try it on without the petticoat first and then with it on.

It''s so bizarre. Really...just bizarre. But in person she looks so beautiful that it doesn''t matter to me if it looks wonky to us. I just want to be able to tear the bottom layer off and choke someone with it.
31.gif

Kidding..... I am a peaceful person. A fun vivacious gregarious gal. Well, that was before this dress drama. At least I know that when it''s over, I will be that person again. I really do try to be that person at the salon, but it''s hard. Verrryyyyyyy hard.

I figure that since we have the best photographer in town, they will be able to get the best pictures and nobody will ever notice the details like I do.
9.gif

sunnygirl

Shiny_Rock
I came upon this thread late but just wanted to say that I am so happy everything worked out and that dress looks AMAZING on your daughter! Love it!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Who is your photog?

No one is going to notice anything now I don''t think. How was the bustle? Need anymore side by side pics?

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Im in this thread soooo late, but I hope it all worked out MR... with my own dress, they changed the design at a very late stage (straps instead of no straps!!!!!) Also my flowers, went to great pains to arrange a ''cottage garden'' type of wildflower arrangement - got full roses. *sigh*
what can you do?
do you have equanimity?
9.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Shizen, that is an absolutely mind-blowing fantastically gorgeous dress!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Ate my post
39.gif

I know I should copy them before I submit, but I''m getting exhausted by this whole dress drama. I just wish they would put the same type of crinoline in the dress during the alterations as they used when we were fixing and pinning at the fitting. It''s maddening and confusing to me.

I also discovered last night that the salon manager never even showed the pictures to the seamstress that we had emailed her. I printed them out yesterday and took them with me and it was the first time the seamstress had seen them. Again, very frustrating.

I can''t wait until this is o.v.e.r. Because I know that the day of wedding will be great and we won''t care about any of the problems by then.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Thanks sunnygirl and lara...it''s getting there, but it has been a wild ride. It is a beautiful dress.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Miracles: I''m no doctor, but is there such a thing as an empathy ulcer??? I think I might be getting my first... this whole situation is BEYONE comprehendible!!
29.gif
40.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2008 9:25:50 AM
Miracles: I''m no doctor, but is there such a thing as an empathy ulcer??? I think I might be getting my first... this whole situation is BEYONE comprehendible!!
29.gif
40.gif
That''s the first thing that made me smile in the last 24 hours!! I know that sounds sadistic, but really, it was funny. I know it''s craaazzzy. I feel the same way. I think they should stop selling that dress if it is such a PITA.

I am becoming sleep deprived and starting to really feel the stress now. But, then again, what''s the point. There are just some things that can''t be controlled and this is becoming one of those things. My daughter is just relieved that I will be able to tweak whatever needs to be tweaked come wedding day. So, eh, I need to just relax. I think I am going to take more days off work than I had planned to before the wedding, because I just don''t think I can bear the stress at work and the stress of the wedding during the last week.

I am going to take my dress in today to see it we can get it to stay up around my chest. I should get in the shower, but I just feel like crapola. I need to drag myself in there and get ready to work.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bump for tomorrow''s excitement.

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
1. I think your daughter rocks that dress the best compared to the woman in the show.

2. Maybe you could give the seamstress from the show a call since she has experience with making that dress work
27.gif
j/k

good luck with the dress! I would like to try to make you feel a tiny bit better though, so I hope I get this across correctly:

While you have every right to be furious that you paid 4000+ dollars for a product that has not lived up to expectations, have been given the runaround by several people, have had to deal with something that YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO DEAL WITH!!! I can honestly say that no matter what that dress looks like compared to how it is supposed to look, not a single person at the wedding would be able to find fault with it. They don''t know that it is supposed to be a V and not a U or that the lace should lay like this and not like that. They are going to see a stunning dress on a stunning body and know that it must have had a stunning price tag, and that''s pretty much it! It''s one of my huge pet peeves when someone (especially a guy) tells me "it''s okay" when I''m complaining about a service or a stiff back or whatever (uh, I''m the one with the problem here, so why do you think you get to say if it''s okay or not!?), so I''m not saying it''s okay that the salon did this. I''m just saying that she''ll be beautiful, and no one else will be able to tell that there was a problem with the dress.
1.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
hahaha Guilty Pleasure...
I didn''t want to be the one to say that, because I didn''t want to sound catty or braggy, but after I saw that show, I thought the same thing. If I had to choose my daughter in a jacked up dress or that girl on the show in a perfect one???

My daughter hands down!! My daughter is gor-or-or geous!! (Okay I''m biased, I''m her Mum) The interesting thing was, I was afraid before watching the show that my daughter would be bummed, but after watching that show she said she went to bed happy. She knows her dress isn''t right and is "funk-ti-fied", but she said it made her even more happy to her marrying her handsome man walking down the aisle with her beautiful Mommy. She told me so yesterday. It was nice to know that at this point, we couldn''t care any less about this dress, this designer or this salon manager. They may not be able to work with the dress...but my daughter will work it!!
30.gif

I actually think the show was really good for her to watch. I have to thank those that gave us a heads up about that. We have another fitting tonight...Blech.

Thanks for making my day GP!!!

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t caught up on everything, but I did see the salon employees in that picture and I can''t believe the level of apathy they seem to have. In any case, I''m so sorry that you and your daughter are going through this still. Hopefully, there will be some resolve soon. However, I am glad to hear that after watching the show that she "went to bed happy." She''s going to be beautiful.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
How''d the fitting go?

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
It went well. The bustle looks much better, but I think the petticoat is making the dress too poofy at the sides and flat across the front. No body was there to help us. The salon manager wasn''t in and the seamstress was busy with someone in the back so there wasn''t anything we could do. My daughter was getting hot under the lights and started feeling faint, so we just got her out of the dress.

My daughter thinks it will look fine once if we take out or move two wierd pieces of stiff crinoline at the sides. It doesn''t matter at this point. She was over it. I was over it. We were both cranky. Her phone wasn''t charged, so she''s stressed out. She''s stressing me out. Blech... We both just wanted to get out of there. So we left. Nobody made an appt. for us to pick up the dress, we are still waiting for the fabric from them to get to the floriist for the bouquet. They don''t answer emails. So, we just asked the girl who was there to please have the manager respond to my daughter so we can get this wrapped up.

Now her FI is calling me because he can''t find her and her phone isn''t working and ...you know...just a crazy week before the wedding. I think it''s getting to her. Stresswise.

So now we just wait to find out where she is. I hope she didn''t go buy a bus ticket to Texas.
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results