shape
carat
color
clarity

MOBzilla Meltdown Moment

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Freke!! Gypsy! Sarah!! SDL!! Everyone!! I need you to help me breathe....

I have never felt so livid and ready to punch a person in my life. I am not a violent person.
But I was :::::fingers barely apart:::::: this close to taking out the salesperson at the bridal store tonight.

First off, let me say that we paid a LOT of money for my daughters wedding dress. We bought it when the designer was there. The designer took my daughters measurements and assured us we wouldn''t need to pay for alterations. She even asked about the height of the shoes my daughter would be wearing, so we wouldn''t need to worry about the length.

I first became nervous when the designer didn''t respond to any of our emails, but I figured I was being too nervous, so I let it ride.

Then the dress came in a few weeks late, but again, I wasn''t worried because I trusted that it would fit and we would still have time to make any last minute alterations.

However, the dress came in WAY TOO BIG, and so we had to pay an additional $180 for alterations. The dress was falling funky in the back at the bottom, but I was assured it was due to the fact that all the tulle underneath hadn''t been steamed yet.

Today we went back in and the dress is still TOO BIG, and when they altered it, it changed the way it fell on my daughter. Now, I realize I have a reason to start being nervous. They can''t take any more from the sides, so they have to remove all the beading and crystals in the back by the zipper and replace them. What bothered me the most was that the dress doesn''t flow or lay like it''s supposed to anymore and the back, which everyone will be looking at, is a nightmare right now.

When I pointed out all the issues to the saleslady, she again said that it would lay right once it was steamed. There a point where the layers at the mid thigh collapse oddly. Then when I brought the full display picture (which they have on their counter laminated on cardboard) to the saleslady and asked why it wasn''t laying like it was in the pictue and the way it did when she first tried it on, she told me:

"Well, that photo isn''t realistic, that girl has a petticoat under the dress and that photo has been photoshopped"

So I say, "Oh really, because my daughter looked just like that when she tried on the dress, we have pictures."

So then my daughter says" Should I get a petticoat to put underneath it?"

And the saleslady says, "No you can''t put a petticoat underneath it because of the waistline"

WTF????

I normally believe that any problem can be fixed. I prefer that people get things right the first time instead of doing things over and over and over again. But when somebody lies and or refuses to admit there is a problem, then my blood boils. At this point, the woman start taking pictures of my daughter while on the pedestal after she gets her in perfect positions, which I know are simply CYA pictures. I ask my daughter to step off the pedestal and walk as if she is walking down the aisle on the flat surface and then the dress starts doing it''s funky thing. I say to the saleswoman, "See how it''s bunching on each side and the back adornment is no longer even close to center? It''s looking like a worm, not a train. And the woman had the huevos to say, "I think it looks fine" I don''t see anything wrong.
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

Okay, now imagine you have your diamond e-ring in front of you and you see a huge chunk missing from the side and you say to the jeweler... See, this rock is cracked and missing the corner" And they say to you "Nope, it''s looks fine to me".

What would you do? What does someone do in this situation? I just don''t have a point of reference. I want to strangle her. I think that we need to buy another dress as backup because the wedding is in one month.

We paid over $4000 for this dress. I can''t believe this women is being so disingenuous. My daughter is stressed, but also knows that if push comes to shove, I will take the dress from them and fix it myself, but I shouldn''t have to. I almost started to cry, but didn''t want to shake up my daughter, she is already stressed enough at the fact that when they had to take it in so much , it raised the dress up to the point that she can only wears flats.

Then they made a mess out of bustling the thing. They just kept putting tons of pins in it and you could see through the top layer to the uneven mess they created underneath. I give the saleslady minor credit for admitting that it was unsightly when I pointed it out, and said "See this, see this, see that" At that point, she finally admitted they would have to do something about it.

::::heavy sigh:::::

I want to tell the salon that aside from taking in the waist and chest some more, that I don''t want them touching the dress until the tulle is steamed so we can see what we need to do in additional alterations to make sure it isn''t a mess come wedding time. I am also considering bringing in another professional seamstress that I can talk too. The one we are working with now doesn''t speak English.

Sorry for the long vent...

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Oh my God
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
!!! Okay, so your MobZilla moment is totally understandable. This is nuts and unacceptable!!
38.gif
38.gif
They have to work this out. They absolutely have to. I am so sorry this is happening to your daughter and to you. People in the wedding business should be honest and professional, seriously. What is wrong with people?! I wouldn''t want them touching the dress anymore either. When will you know what else they are willing to do? Since the lady did at least admit they must do something. I would definitely get that tulle steamed. And trying another seamstress doesn''t sound like a horrible idea. Try that first..if that doesn''t work..then look for the new dress. But I am really hoping it won''t come to that since it means more money and I am sure your daughter loves this dress.
7.gif
I am so sorry! Here''s some dress working out PS dust and ((hugs))!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wooo...breathe....in.....out.....in.....out. Or if it makes you feel better, do it the way they make pregnant ladies in labor do it.
27.gif

Ok, keep doing it while I go read your whole post! (I only got a sentence in so far...)

ETA: I think you should get your money partially refunded or not have to pay for alterations. That is BS. And you should take it to another seamstress as well as get in touch with the designer. Do you know if the designer is semi local or across the country? Do you have any pics? What dress is it? Keep breathing!!!! How far off was the sample dress from fitting her perfectly? And do they still have it? Breathe lady!!!!

If I had been in your shoes, I'd be sitting in a very small room with a metal toilet right now...

Want me to kick someone for you? I have multiple pairs of pointy toed stilettos. I'll even let you pick the color!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I honestly don't understand how bridal salons get away with being so rude!!! I suppose because their customers tend to only shop there once anyhow.

*Hugs*

Miracles, I'm so sorry you and your DD are dealing with this. I don't know if I would have been as restrained as you were--bravo. Have you considered reporting them to the BBB?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there any way you could get in touch with the designer to let her know how disappointed you are, and that it looks like the dress is going to end up different than the sample your daughter tried on... and than the designer''s vision?

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, all of you, Freke, Sarah, Pirate, Mims...

I am just beside myself right now. At one point I had to just close my eyes and cover my face so that I could "take a moment". I don''t want to stress out my daughter, but honestly, the women had the nerve to say to me. "I know that you are not used to deal with wedding dresses" I cut her off and said "You don''t know anything about me". I wanted to tell her that I made my daughter''s graduation dresses, that I know symmetry, that I know what I bought, but none of it would have made a difference so I had to just shut my mouth.

I do want to spend tomorrow writing a very detailed letter of dissapointment and email it along with the pictures we took at the original purchase and then have my daughter email the camera phone pictures the saleslady took today... WITHOUT EVEN bothering to ask for permission to photograph her. I think it''s odd that they don''t allow you to have a camera but they can snap away. I regret not having my camera with me tonight, but forgot it because I had hooked it up to download the pictures from her shower this weekend.

The interesting part was when we were leaving and I noticed that they now have my daughter''s dress displayed on one of the mannequins in the front window. I pointed out that it is laying fine on the mannequin (and I bet the mannequin isn''t wearing a petticoat). GAWD, I am so livid right now. I need to cool off. I was going to post a picture of me in my thread for Freke, but I can''t get the thing reduced so now I am even more frustrated. lol....I just need to zen out. I don''t know what to do. I have to make this right. I have to figure out how to make this right.

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry you''re dealing with this! Is there any way they can order a new dress, and have it in within a month? Perhaps check the measurements on the order form, and make sure they are your daughter''s. I''m sure they''ll be able to rush a dress. It shouldn''t take a month to make the dress. Don''t wait around for them to figure things out, they have to get you a new dress -- especially if it''s already so short that your daughter can only wear flats. Did you speak to a manager?

If that''s not possible, take the dress to a seamstress that *speaks english*. If the dress is 1 or 2 sizes too big, an experienced seamstress should be able to take it in without any issue.

I hope you get this resolved soon!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have pictures of the butchered dress and the original dress with your daughter in them? For over $4000 spent, this sounds like a court case to me!

Or, maybe you can talk to the store owner? A lot of times the sales person think that they are going to lose their job if they make the store responsible for anything, but when the boss hears the story they go "Of course we will fix it!!".

The best way will be like MINIMS said, get in touch with the designer...

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 1:25:16 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Wooo...breathe....in.....out.....in.....out. Or if it makes you feel better, do it the way they make pregnant ladies in labor do it.
27.gif

Ok, keep doing it while I go read your whole post! (I only got a sentence in so far...)

ETA: I think you should get your money partially refunded or not have to pay for alterations. That is BS. And you should take it to another seamstress as well as get in touch with the designer. Do you know if the designer is semi local or across the country? Do you have any pics? What dress is it? Keep breathing!!!! How far off was the sample dress from fitting her perfectly? And do they still have it? Breathe lady!!!!

If I had been in your shoes, I''d be sitting in a very small room with a metal toilet right now...

Want me to kick someone for you? I have multiple pairs of pointy toed stilettos. I''ll even let you pick the color!
Yes please. With the most painful pointy ones you own.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Definitely need to breathe! And no you don''t have to make this right THEY have to make this right. This is not your fault! This will work out, but they need to fix it. And they will, if not..then someone else will. But it''s not up to you, you just need to figure out who is going to do the fixing and when. There''s still time left to fix things, and this is ridiculous.
38.gif
But deep..deep..breathing..and a glass of wine are definitely in order.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Could you ask for that gal''s boss? If it really is a problem and you do only have a month left, there isn''t really time to go back and forth. Instead of writing a letter, which may be ignored for a while, why don''t you go into the store in person and ask to speak with the manager/owner. If that doesn''t work, try to get someone high up with the designer/company that made the dress.

I know that sometimes when I''m pinning things out they look like a terrible mess until I start sewing. But if you sew, you probably have a good eye for that. I''m sure they don''t deal with a lot of people who are familiar with garment construction...

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
The designer is in New York and we are in San Diego. I told my daughter to find out if the designer is having a trunk show between now and her wedding, but I think she was just here a few weeks ago. We have another fitting next Tuesday night and I will be armed and ready with my camera so I can take pictures at all angles. It''s too late for me to do anything now, except take a Zanax.
24.gif

I will be more clear-headed in the morning and more rational. But you can bet the phone lines will be burning up tommorow and the emails flying....

I will post a picture of the dress. Now imagine from the front, instead of laying nicely one layer upon layer, the top layer is sticking out like a bell or christmas tree and the second layer collapsing and then going flat.

072508cwdresssd.jpg

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 1:49:08 AM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Definitely need to breathe! And no you don't have to make this right THEY have to make this right. This is not your fault! This will work out, but they need to fix it. And they will, if not..then someone else will. But it's not up to you, you just need to figure out who is going to do the fixing and when. There's still time left to fix things, and this is ridiculous.
38.gif
But deep..deep..breathing..and a glass of wine are definitely in order.

Agreed! If we had a bottle open, I would have one in sympathy.

ETA: That is a gorgeous gown! I hope they can get it fixed.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I agree, that is a beautiful dress! Ugh, they need to fix it.
38.gif

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that''s a gorgeous dress...I hope your mind will be clearer tomorrow.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
M'dear, go have a glass of wine, and maybe a bite of chocolate or two. They WILL make this better. I guarantee it. Otherwise, they'll have to deal with you (except the on fire you, not the normal lovely you we see on PS), and I don't think they want to do that.

The dress is beautiful and she will look stunning in it.

Let us know how it goes. And I would talk to the owner of the salon in person, with a letter in hand, because they HAVE to fix this. Or else, they get Freke's pointy toes up their bum or perhaps a steel toed boot to the shin. Or both. And no one wants that.

(No worries about the pic. You can always post it tomorrow! Or the next day...whenever you can breathe normally without help.)

ETA: breathe in..........and out.........and in..........and out..........in.........out. Now repeat one hundred times and take another sip of wine and a bite of chocolate. And repeat 5 times.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Oaky, let me see if it is just me, or if this is really as bad as I think it is....

jacked up fitting.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
This should help...

Miracles daughters gown comparison.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok. What is going on at the bottom of your daughter's dress? And how long is it on her at the moment? Is it clipped back at all?

Goodness that thing is gorgeous.

Was this the picture that was taken today?

Your daughter's isn't quite as poofy, but is more floofy than the model's dress (these are very technically terms, I know). A crinoline would make it poofy, but I don't know what else to do besides them taking a needle and thread to it or making a whole new dress....

I'm sorry. They f-ed up. And now they have to fix it. I just wish you guys didn't have to put up with this shiz.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, that picture was taken today. I think that when they took it in, they took it in too tight on the lower hip area and raised it up. It shortened her long torso and then the third tier is collapsed on the left in the picture (right on the body). Their excuse for the bottom is that the tulle underneath isn't steamed. I was under there trying to smooth out some it, but there is a lot of tulle. I also think that because they had to take so much in, it came in at a size 8 and she wears a 4. When she put it on today, the seamstress whispered..."But I took so much in, I don't know why it is still too big". I could tell the seamstress was really disappointed too. The back is what is really bothering me...You can't even tell my daughter is nearly 5'9" in these photos.

back of unsteamed dress.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Can you see the not so nice pose of me on the left? That would be my not so happy stance.
Hands on hip, ready to toss somone against a wall.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah I see what you''re saying....Oh I''m so sorry....Get some rest and deal with it tomorrow. I''d insist on a whole new one I think. I can''t believe it was a size 8 and she''s a size 4.
23.gif
That is just BAD.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Oh dear, I see what you mean.

The back looks very strange - like they took it in too much just below the hollow of her back. It''s not lying smoothly at all.

With the skirt bit at the bottom, if it was just that I would have suggested getting them to tack some stiff netting in just behind the bit at the bottom to hold it out. I use that on little girls dresses just to give a bit of pouff at the bottom and it works pretty well.

But... it looks like they need to get your daughter a new dress in her measurements.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i know my dress was a several sizes larger than i normally wear. street size doesn''t equal dress size in the wedding world. i also had to take in my dress - several inches. i''m sure it can be fixed.

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 6:54:28 AM
Author: Pandora II
Oh dear, I see what you mean.

The back looks very strange - like they took it in too much just below the hollow of her back. It''s not lying smoothly at all.

With the skirt bit at the bottom, if it was just that I would have suggested getting them to tack some stiff netting in just behind the bit at the bottom to hold it out. I use that on little girls dresses just to give a bit of pouff at the bottom and it works pretty well.

But... it looks like they need to get your daughter a new dress in her measurements.
Ditto.. With that much detail, it may take longer to alter than to get a new one. I''m so sorry Miracles. It''s a gorgeous dress though. Hopefully something will come from your efforts today.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
From the front it really looks pretty decent (does need a steaming), however the back is completely wonky
38.gif

I have no idea how they could fix that, and for $4K it should be the dress of your dreams.
29.gif

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 1:41:50 AM
Author: miraclesrule
Thank you, all of you, Freke, Sarah, Pirate, Mims...

I am just beside myself right now. At one point I had to just close my eyes and cover my face so that I could ''take a moment''. I don''t want to stress out my daughter, but honestly, the women had the nerve to say to me. ''I know that you are not used to deal with wedding dresses'' I cut her off and said ''You don''t know anything about me''. I wanted to tell her that I made my daughter''s graduation dresses, that I know symmetry, that I know what I bought, but none of it would have made a difference so I had to just shut my mouth.

I do want to spend tomorrow writing a very detailed letter of dissapointment and email it along with the pictures we took at the original purchase and then have my daughter email the camera phone pictures the saleslady took today... WITHOUT EVEN bothering to ask for permission to photograph her. I think it''s odd that they don''t allow you to have a camera but they can snap away. I regret not having my camera with me tonight, but forgot it because I had hooked it up to download the pictures from her shower this weekend.

The interesting part was when we were leaving and I noticed that they now have my daughter''s dress displayed on one of the mannequins in the front window. I pointed out that it is laying fine on the mannequin (and I bet the mannequin isn''t wearing a petticoat). GAWD, I am so livid right now. I need to cool off. I was going to post a picture of me in my thread for Freke, but I can''t get the thing reduced so now I am even more frustrated. lol....I just need to zen out. I don''t know what to do. I have to make this right. I have to figure out how to make this right.
THIS is my pet peeve!!! Why must people ASSUME things about people they know nothing about?? You could be a wedding gown designer for all she knew!!

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
I see how they raised it up too much in the front and how it''s shortening her torso. It''s so hard to see how this can be fixed...not to say it can''t of course. The back does look a little strange. I hope you get it worked out because it''s a gorgeous dress.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I'd be pretty p'ed off too.
38.gif
$4000!!!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I just went to the designers website and she is having a trunk show at our salon two weeks before the wedding, but the designers brother will be there instead of her. The problem with the weekend of the truck show when they will be in San Diego, is that it''s the same weekend of the bachlorette party in Vegas.
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

I don''t know what to do. I want to tell them that I am insisting they bring the proper size dress with them or be prepared to die....okay just kidding. I want to tell them that they better bring the proper size dress with them and have it steamed and alternatively they better have another dress for her to wear. Our only concern with that is that the entire wedding theme and BM dresses and decor is built around this dress. She is marrying a man who is Spanish, the venue is The Prado, a spanish landmark, and to have her wear an entirely different style of dress at this point may look as "wonky" as the back of the dress right now.

I am going to call them and go in at lunch today. I can''t go by myself though or I will end up a mess. I need to find someone who gets it. I will call around today for some seamstresses or dress makers and I don''t care what I have to pay them to get them to go with me, but this saleslady will listen. Perhaps I will also bring somebody who is bilingual. I don''t know, I couldn''t sleep and I don''t think I will be much of a good employee today until I can get some optimism that this will be worked out in time. Thanks for confirming I am not going crazy and that my concerns are valid.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results