shape
carat
color
clarity

MOBzilla Meltdown Moment

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here, because I had issues finding it again (didn''t look on the first page-silly Freke), and decided it needs to be on this page as well.

Miracles%20daughters%20gown%20comparison.jpg

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Miracles, I looked at the photos again. Compared the latest one you posted to the model photo and I can see how the bottom is lifeless. Something needs to be done and obviously the bust is too loose if it''s falling off. While it is common for the bust to be big, it is WAY too big. And the response from the designer is INSANE.
20.gif
Keep trying (e.g. send the photos like you plan) and hopefully something will happen.
7.gif
((Hugs)) and dust for you!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now granted the pics are from two different angles-but there is clearly a problem here. The skirt is just not shaped the same way.

miracles daughter gown comparison 2.jpg

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Freke!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I am going to try to post the side by side as taught by mia, although it''s not nearly as lovely as Freke''s side by side.

Now, well maybe I should just post the try on pic and Freke can do a left to right....
Model, try on, and current.
31.gif

WARNING: On the sample she tried on, the last tier before the bottom of the dress was clearly sewn on in the wrong place. In fact, it was the first thing I said to the designer and she said it was just the sample, but the ordered one would be fine. She assured me that it would be sewn with the tier in the right place. NOT having this in writing was cause for concern and what prompted the first emails to the designer before the dress was even delivered. My daughter sent two of them and they were delivered but never read or responded to. This might of been why I was a bit apprehensive about the dress not coming in as ordered. I don''t get a good vibe from people who ignore emails after you just gave them a ton of cash. Especially after two attempts. But you can still see from the photos that the sample was reinforced with "life" under the layers in the dress she tried on, which is on the right. Also notice how much better the back looked.

Testing picture side by side.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope this works ok. It had to be a pretty big file to get all three dresses in...

ETA: YAY!!!!!

Miracles daughter gown comparison 3.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
YOU ARE THE SHIZZLE!!
I feel vindicated. I am not crazy. I am not even OCD.
41.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you.

And yeah. It's not just you. And I'm OCD, but that's too obvious to be OCD. Even BF would notice a difference there, and he notices NOTHING. Except, unfortunately, when a new shoe box appears in the closet.
40.gif

Can you email that pic to the designer?

My heart is hurty for you. If they don't see a problem, then they are blind to it.

ETA: on the model the skirt is distinctly upside down V shaped, the sample is also upside down V shaped-although to a slightly lesser degree, but her actual skirt is upside down U shaped. It almost looks deflated. And that's not what you paid for.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
::::heavy sigh:::: I know. It''s so obvious, even a person who is monocular can see it. (Like my daughter).

But the dress is still beautiful, and if we can keep "tweaking it" as the designer says, to look as closely as it''s supposed to look then we will be most joyous. But you are right. And I can''t tell you how much I appreciate your time and help. It''s frustrating that her dress shortens her torso too. I think we can fix that problem, at least a little with an illusionary adjustment. I would post how we would do that and how obvious it is in another pic, but I am trying to get all my little duckies in a row so I can get this fixed. Besides, I am getting "tarred", but I doubt I will fall asleep easy tonight. Sheesh, I forgot to do laundry too... I guess I go commando tomorrow.
32.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah. Tweak it. Like add 20 layers of crinoline under the whole bottom half of the skirt.
38.gif

It''s my pleasure to help you out! I need the breaks from this Classical Soc. Theory nonsense to clear my head and realize that not all people are obsessed with figuring out how society works! I''m still far from being done with my assignment, but at this point, I don''t care anymore! Just give me my B and I''ll go away a happy camper!

Sorry. Anyway, get some rest. And go buy new undies! Yay! (Ok, well that will have to wait until tomorrow, but shopping for undies is usually a pretty fun activity! Or you could go shoe shopping
31.gif
-something to cheer you up anyway!)

I think I should head to bed soon as well, I''m starting to be a bit on the delirious side methinks! (Not to mention my rate of typos has gone through the roof!)

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know if this would work correctly, but could you try to add a hoop skirt underneath to make the bottom fuller like the model''s dress? I think it was Robbie that might have worn one under her beautiful gown. Unfortunately, it sounds to me like you and your daughter are going to have to be the ones to figure out how to fix it to make it look right.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
sap...I do have a petticoat that I am bringing to the fitting Thursday, but it's more the individual tiers that need to be addressed...individually, unfortunately. Wish us luck.

Freke: I know I didn't ask to pirate your work, but my daughter sent a response to the designers email today and she attached the picture you created. I didn't really think about it, but thought I should tell you.
32.gif

I was soooooo proud of her response. She is so level-headed. She did use the word "insulted" but other than that, she remained calm, composed, and direct. Me a proud Mommy right now
16.gif

And being the little investigator I am, and having the benefit of hindsight, I just realized that they knew all along that the dress my daughter tried on was not was she was going to get. My daughter first tried the sample dress on when she thought she would be having a destination wedding and there was no way that dress would work, so we nixed it, even though we bothed cried when she tried it on. Then when she changed plans and a local wedding was decided we went back to the salon and cancelled the original dress order, within days, and went back in the following weekend because there was a trunk show with the designer, Michelle Roth. I don't know if I posted a picture of my daughter with the designers dresses hanging in the background, but it just hit me this morning as I was looking at them and saw the "newer non-sample" dress hanging up in the background. The salon manager (who, at the time we thought was so nice because she didn't charge us for the original cancellation) had told my daughter over the phone that Michelle Roth would be there the following weekend and that she would get to try on a new sample dress that wasn't as full as the one she originally tried on and that it was available in two versions. A fuller skirt or a slimmer version.

She did end up trying that one on, but we didn't like the way it fit and the lack of fullness like the original dress my daughter tried on, or the back of it. My daughter and I said "Blech".

Sooowa, it hit me like a brick this morning, that perhaps this is what was expected all along. That the sample version was a special version of the dress and that it didn't really come in two different variations and that both the designer and the salon manager knew the dress would come in looking just like the "slimmer version" that we didn't like or want. The one we wanted was made abundantly clear at the try-on with the designer. That would also explain the flatness of the delivered dress and the funky back of the delivered dress that is not evident at all on the original one she tried on. It is all becoming so clear. So sickeningly clear.
38.gif

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
OH no. That doesn''t sound good at all. The only hopeful part is that obviously someone knows how to make the dress look like the one your daughter tried on. Plus then there''s the issue of having it actually fit, since I would tolerate tier problems before I could handle walking down the aisle not sure whether or not my dress would stay up...
14.gif

Wishing you luck.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Miracles, don't worry about it! I'm not a professional or anything!!!What did she (your daughter) say about the pic?

ETA: I just read the rest of your post. And I'm feeling kind of sick to my stomach now...

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2008 12:09:22 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Oh Miracles, don't worry about it! I'm not a professional or anything!!!What did she (your daughter) say about the pic?

ETA: I just read the rest of your post. And I'm feeling kind of sick to my stomach now...
Yeah, I didn't feel as sick to my stomach as I just felt like it all made sense. The attitude, the responses, the behavior. This is one of those moments where I would rather be happy than right. This explains it all....

Hoodwinked.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What are you going to do now?

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry Miracles, I really don''t know what else to say. Any chance of getting a new dress? Any funds left? I know there''s not much time.
38.gif
If not, then I do think this dress is still beautiful even if it isn''t 100% right.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Freke: I don't know what I am going to do now. Send some 80's hair pics to Admin so they post them in my thread for you to laugh at me???
7.gif

I just feel so horribly vulnerable and gullible right now. I feel like I should have been able to prevent this from happening to my daughter. I feel like a stake has been driven through my heart. I failed to defend her against this from happening.

Sarah: I know. It is what it is. That's about all I can say about it right now.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
No way, don''t blame yourself. This is not your fault at all! You have been there 100% and doing your best, if anything they slid something by you and that is not your fault.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
At $4000, you shouldn''t have to convince yourself that "worst comes to worst, she will still look beautiful and nobody will notice"!!!
29.gif
29.gif
Heck, even with the amount that my parents paid I still expect perfection!
Don''t blame yourself. I''ve been treated better at Denny''s. The pictures show the problem clearly. It may be too late for the wedding, but I think a small claims court is in order afterward...Did I say this already?

Good thing you''re posting everything here though. Sort of a documentation plus back up from all ps''ers!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Miracles I have no other wisdom to add that has not already been said, I just wanted to send you a
biggyhug.gif
and offer support.

I understand you feel like crap now and after thinking about it you realise things that could have possibly but may have not prevented this from happening but the thing is hindsight is 20/20 vision, things ALWAYS seem clearer after the event.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Miracles- I''ve been following the thread and wanted to let you know that after seeing the pictures just recently posted, I totally see what you are talking about. The way each layer lays is what makes the skirt of the dress. On the display dress, each layer clearly has a filler to help boost and lay each layer the way it should be. On your daugher''s dress, NOT having that support, each layer just lays there. With the extra support, the skirt fills out the way a wedding gown should.

Also, the way it lays in hte back as your daughter is walking, to me is a HUGE problem. A dress should should follow a bride as she walks fairly straight behind her (I know mine did), not start bunching to the left.

I hope the designer resolves this, but I would look into a back up dress in case this isn''t resolved!

Best of luck!

Feb03bride

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone~

Deelight, Sarah, Freke, sap, Choro and Feb...

I just looked at the side pics of the bustle and some more views of the dress from the last fitting and I thought the same thing. We need a back up plan and we are down to the wire.

My daughter received a delivery and a read receipt from both the designer and the salon manager, but we have not received any response. The fitting is tomorrow so my daughter won''t even entertain the thought of a back up plan until after tomorrow. So I am going to follow her lead and just pray.

I didn''t even post the worst of the pictures because it is so depressing. I posted the best we had.
39.gif

So, we hope, we pray and we see what tomorrow brings.
7.gif

It''s just hard to focus on all the other last minute aspects of the wedding and plan for the bachlorette party when this heavy clouds hangs over us. I need some PS strength.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 1:31:09 AM
Author: miraclesrule
I didn't even post the worst of the pictures because it is so depressing. I posted the best we had.
39.gif

I need some PS strength.
23.gif
14.gif
39.gif
to the picture comment.

I'm supremely grumpy, with no reason for it, so I'm not the source of much strength, but if you need cake recipes, a pair of fabulous shoes, or a friend to commiserate with-I am your woman.

I just had a terrible thought:
Miracles, you aren't going to leave the board after the wedding, are you?!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 2:40:46 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Date: 7/3/2008 1:31:09 AM

Author: miraclesrule

I didn''t even post the worst of the pictures because it is so depressing. I posted the best we had.
39.gif

I need some PS strength.

23.gif
14.gif
39.gif
to the picture comment.

I''m supremely grumpy, with no reason for it, so I''m not the source of much strength, but if you need cake recipes, a pair of fabulous shoes, or a friend to commiserate with-I am your woman.

I just had a terrible thought:

Miracles, you aren''t going to leave the board after the wedding, are you?!

Freke I am grumpy, too! Let''s be snarky together!
4.gif
11.gif
Hey Miracles you better not leave that would be sad.
39.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooo...snarkiness....you start Sarah!!!!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I think I already did on about three threads.
14.gif
32.gif
12.gif
12.gif
Haha. Hmmmmm..snarky snarky. What''s a snarky comment. Actually, I learned a new one on Bridezillas last weekend.."Build a bridge and get over it.." I''d never heard that before.
6.gif
Miracles you need to use that one for the salon in reference to them insisting nothing is wrong and they''re right. They need to build a bridge and get over themselves! Designer included!
29.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice!!!Miracles-you must tell them that!

I fear I''m not exactly well versed in the art of snark. But I''m good at being whiny. And right now I have a crappy headache and feel like I need to go scream into a pillow. BF would be very alarmed.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Haha, I bet he would be alarmed!! I am going to go try to fall asleep. My eyes hurt. I did a lot of cleaning today because when I got back into the apartment it was well..rather dusty. Since I have horrid allergies, I had to wear a scarf as a mask. Haha. It looked really funny I assure you, but there was no way I could clean and keep inhaling that junk! Apparently FI doesn''t know how to organize his bills, receipts, mail, or...well he doesn''t seem to know how to dust either!
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
While I did find some of my stuff in the mess so it is partially mine, I actually located his Nintendo DS which apparently he had "lost." Ah hem..it was under a stack of bills on the coffee table.
20.gif
Oh and he thought he had an identity fraud thing recently..well apparently he was "signed up" for some service, but didn''t know because he didn''t read the mail when they sent him "information" on it. It clearly told him he would be charged after 30 days.
23.gif
Yeah. He''s a mess when I''m not around if I do say so myself.
5.gif
Oh and did I mention I opened the refrigerator this morning to discover a lack of milk after I had already excitedly poured my bowl of cheerios?
38.gif
His shopping skills are lacking as well. I guess I should make him make the grocery list once in a while? But anyway enough picking on FI I must pack for our trip to my Grandma''s tomorrow and wash some clothes, etc., which means I need sleep now. Night Freke hope you can get some sleep, too!
28.gif
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
You two are too funny!! I would have been responding but last night but I was listening to the 3-part podcast series that said designer did regarding dress fittings and how important it is to trust the professionals and consultants you are dealing with and blah, blah, blah. Its actually a good thing that I can quote her to her own consultants. I still haven''t gotten to the third one, because I was getting disgusted with the fact that they have given us nothing to build trust on....

That women needs to build a bridge and get over it....
31.gif

Speaking of that....old picture of me and daughter singing Love Will Build a Bridge...Karaoake in my other thread.

No, I''m not leaving the board. I love y''all too much. and I also met someone who may be helping me complete my remodel after the wedding. All on PS. Right now I am late for work, but I could hardly sleep because of the fitting today, and finally fell asleep around 2:00.
40.gif

I look like a wreaking ball hit me.
14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results