shape
carat
color
clarity

Mens Bling Eyecandy Folder

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
In my lurking days, I often used to scan this thread for inspiration - it's surely the best collection of concepts for men's rings on the net. Now I've signed up, it may be useful to show a range of designs in one place. I've shown most of these before, on this or other threads. Feel free to take them as inspiration. (Or even as warnings of what to avoid...).

Dead-set traditional. Your grandfather may have worn a ring like this. Nothing wrong with that - traditions become traditions for a reason:
PurpleStar.jpg

You can decorate it bit. This one frames the cat's eye as an eye: CatsEye.jpg

Bezel is a staple, and very suitable for men's rings. But they can be more elaborate: Garnet_Bezel.jpg YellowBerylA.jpg

Half-bezels can be stylish. They help to avoid the 'wall of metal' that can be a problem with deep stones:
RedSpinel.jpg
PurpleSapphire.jpg
TsavoriteRing.jpg

Variations on Belcher can help with deep stones - they give more protection than a half-bezel. They can also help to 'frame' smaller stones:
DoubleStarRing.jpg
SpessRing.jpg
Belcher.jpg

Trilliants require some creativity:
TrilliantComp.jpg

Split shoulders can give a nice curve:
SplitShankComp.jpg

More to come.

i have saved this image (the pink one) previously as inspiration for a future ring
some kind of orange stone and peridot in place of diamonds
men's rings have great finger coverage
1656552425287.png

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
In my lurking days, I often used to scan this thread for inspiration - it's surely the best collection of concepts for men's rings on the net. Now I've signed up, it may be useful to show a range of designs in one place. I've shown most of these before, on this or other threads. Feel free to take them as inspiration. (Or even as warnings of what to avoid...).

Dead-set traditional. Your grandfather may have worn a ring like this. Nothing wrong with that - traditions become traditions for a reason:

You can decorate it bit. This one frames the cat's eye as an eye: 891827

Bezel is a staple, and very suitable for men's rings. But they can be more elaborate: 853820 893072

Half-bezels can be stylish. They help to avoid the 'wall of metal' that can be a problem with deep stones:

Variations on Belcher can help with deep stones - they give more protection than a half-bezel. They can also help to 'frame' smaller stones:
Belcher.jpg

Trilliants require some creativity:
TrilliantComp.jpg

Split shoulders can give a nice curve:

More to come.

Love love love these!!!!

Are these from your personal collection? Or are they inspiration files your've gathered for future projects? Would love to hear about the stones in some of these. So many gorgeous colors!

How do you select which one you wear, or do you wear multiple at a time?

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
Love love love these!!!!

Are these from your personal collection? Or are they inspiration files your've gathered for future projects? Would love to hear about the stones in some of these. So many gorgeous colors!

How do you select which one you wear, or do you wear multiple at a time?

They are all mine. All are custom designs.

Why so many rings? As I like to say, I don't have jewellery, I have a wearable rock collection. I have my stones set into rings so that I can admire them. (I guess many PSers are like that.)

I always wear one ring on each hand, unless I have a specific reason not to - gardening etc., going to dodgy places, or if a display of wealth would be unwise or inconsiderate. More than one on each hand would exceed my 'Liberace limit'.

As for which ones I wear, the weather is important - star stones are good for sunny days, faceted stones for overcast and dark days. On cold dark days, I like to wear my spessartites, because they look warm - you get the idea. Also, I like to make them suit my clothes.

Apologies for not naming the stones - my posts were really about designs. But since you ask, here goes:

Purple star sapphire, cat's eye chrysoberyl.

853820 893072
Belcher.jpg
Tsavorite, malaia garnet, heliodor, red spinel, purple sapphire, tsavorite, double star sapphire, spessartite, colour change garnet.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are all mine. All are custom designs.

Why so many rings? As I like to say, I don't have jewellery, I have a wearable rock collection. I have my stones set into rings so that I can admire them. (I guess many PSers are like that.)

I always wear one ring on each hand, unless I have a specific reason not to - gardening etc., going to dodgy places, or if a display of wealth would be unwise or inconsiderate. More than one on each hand would exceed my 'Liberace limit'.

As for which ones I wear, the weather is important - star stones are good for sunny days, faceted stones for overcast and dark days. On cold dark days, I like to wear my spessartites, because they look warm - you get the idea. Also, I like to make them suit my clothes.

Apologies for not naming the stones - my posts were really about designs. But since you ask, here goes:

Purple star sapphire, cat's eye chrysoberyl.

Tsavorite, malaia garnet, heliodor, red spinel, purple sapphire, tsavorite, double star sapphire, spessartite, colour change garnet.

i need to work beside you
going to work would never get borring !

we might not get a lot of actual work done mind :lol-2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some stones seem to demand something special.

Square stones can be set kite-wise:
Kite.jpg

The stone is half a trapiche emerald. The setting makes a feature of the segment wall:
Trapiche.jpg

Sometimes a bit of creativity is called for:
ChrysoRingA.jpg SpessartiteRing.jpg

do they all fit the same finger or do all the digets get some bling days ?

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
do they all fit the same finger or do all the digets get some bling days ?

There are only two sizes. Most are for 4th finger, either hand. A few are for pinky.

Where I live, it's a bit unconventional for men to wear rings (other than a wedding ring) at all. But accepting that, I try to be as conventional as possible.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are only two sizes. Most are for 4th finger, either hand. A few are for pinky.

Where I live, it's a bit unconventional for men to wear rings (other than a wedding ring) at all. But accepting that, I try to be as conventional as possible.

understood
a bit like here too
a man came into work the other day with at least 8 coloured stone rings
i mean it was cool to see
but a bit, as you say Liberace :lol-2:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cough cough @LilAlex please share your Dragonfly Spinel ring here too!

Thanks for the prompt, @emmy12!

Putting this here for completeness only! This is the link to the thread:

It's for this ring with an Inken-sourced spinel and a Gary Roe-designed, -carved, and -engraved 18K YG ring.

IMG_8797.jpg
IMG_8798.jpg

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Some stones seem to demand something special.

Square stones can be set kite-wise:
Kite.jpg

The stone is half a trapiche emerald. The setting makes a feature of the segment wall:
Trapiche.jpg

Sometimes a bit of creativity is called for:
ChrysoRingA.jpg SpessartiteRing.jpg

That first ring is especially cool!

bananaboat

Rough_Rock
I got myself a tennis bracelet for my birthday but it's super big for me (6.5inches- I've 5.4inch wrist). I put it on my husband and seems to fit him perfectly, what do you guys think?

It's 20pointer each; do you think this carat size fits him well? If it does, I'm gonna give this one to him (he said he wants a tennis bracelet as well) and order another one for myself with slightly bigger carat at my wrist size.
Or should I get him the bigger carat and reduce this bracelet to fit my wrist?

Attachments

• DE3ECF21-B95A-4C6F-9D0E-DF390AC5879A.jpeg
    DE3ECF21-B95A-4C6F-9D0E-DF390AC5879A.jpeg
    305.1 KB · Views: 114

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
I got myself a tennis bracelet for my birthday but it's super big for me (6.5inches- I've 5.4inch wrist). I put it on my husband and seems to fit him perfectly, what do you guys think?

It's 20pointer each; do you think this carat size fits him well? If it does, I'm gonna give this one to him (he said he wants a tennis bracelet as well) and order another one for myself with slightly bigger carat at my wrist size.
Or should I get him the bigger carat and reduce this bracelet to fit my wrist?

I think it looks a bit too dainty for him. Can you resize the bracelet and then convert the left-overs into a necklace or earrings?

bananaboat

Rough_Rock
I think it looks a bit too dainty for him. Can you resize the bracelet and then convert the left-overs into a necklace or earrings?

Awesome thank you! I thought that as well but since he insisted it's fine on him I was getting confused...

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Continued:

Demantoid/yellow sapphire, green sapphire, teal parti-sapphire, black star sapphire, yellow star sapphire.

Orange sapphire, trapiche emerald, chrysoberyl, spessartite.

Is that a small ring or a GINORMOUS red spinel?

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
Is that a small ring or a GINORMOUS red spinel?

It's 3.3ct, 9.5x8.2mm. Pretty chunky, but not ginormous in the PS world. (Anywhere else ...) It's probably my best stone by conventional standards. I wear it when I'm window shopping at high end stores, to give myself some credibility... The setting and stone together are one of my favourites.

Last edited:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear it when I'm window shopping at high end stores, to give myself some credibility...
Yes! Why is this even a thing?! I do the same. The only time I ever walk into a jewelry store is on vacation. It does seem to make a difference. That or correctly identifying the colored stones in their display. But that can backfire. Me, pointing: "Rubellite, yes?" Them: "Oh no -- that's called tour-ma-line."

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results