shape
carat
color
clarity

Mens Bling Eyecandy Folder

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t have any still photos but here are a couple pictures of my newest ring.

It’s a 0.89 J VS1 ACA in a custom, unplated 14k white gold solitaire. I drew the design with influence from William White’s style and had a local goldsmith make it.

The design is unique and modern, and looks great on you! I would have thought the diamond is in the D-F range as it looks so white. Enjoy!

pk888

Shiny_Rock
Nice one

And would have also been nice if there were baguette diamonds in those spots between the main stones abs that wave

Hello everyone! I'm new to this site and I'm enjoying all the threads I have read on the forum and they are so informative! I am a newbie to the gemstone world (been collecting gems for only three years) and love making jewellery designs with them as a hobby. I am a baker by profession :).

I buy my stones from a gem dealer from Sri Lanka. He has been in the business for quite a while and is quite known in the area. He closed shop a year ago, with plans of opening a new shop on a better location. But the pandemic happened. He didn't set up shop yet but I am able to visit his home to look at his stones.

I like to share one of my most
recently made pieces from the stones I got from him. It is a tourmaline, emeralds(3 cut and 1 rough) and a chrysoberyl cat's eye.

The jeweler wasn't able to get my design as I intended it to be, but I'm happy with the results 20210309_152734.jpg The original design was this one 20210309_152908.jpg

pk888

Shiny_Rock
Was able to take some stuff out that I haven’t been able to use for a long while now... what do you guys think of these?

It’s a red coral and diamond ring

sapphire and diamonds

star sapphire and diamonds

ruby and diamonds

and what I cal as my “all-in-one” ring that has rubies sapphires emeralds and diamonds

Attachments

• 22547AEB-2057-4CD5-9B5E-762A93658D8A.jpeg
    22547AEB-2057-4CD5-9B5E-762A93658D8A.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 26
  • B48F7A6E-E6E5-441C-858F-FF65AFB70272.jpeg
    B48F7A6E-E6E5-441C-858F-FF65AFB70272.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 24
  • C1D7F012-C4D9-45DD-B2C5-7070F4E26F8B.jpeg
    C1D7F012-C4D9-45DD-B2C5-7070F4E26F8B.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 0AEF62BD-DD3D-4B7F-9484-845F1A1926B2.jpeg
    0AEF62BD-DD3D-4B7F-9484-845F1A1926B2.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 8A54B58C-E045-487C-9407-E7B006A570E8.jpeg
    8A54B58C-E045-487C-9407-E7B006A570E8.jpeg
    130.2 KB · Views: 21
  • D04D5C9F-1D7B-4CE0-8CE2-3429A2B39144.jpeg
    D04D5C9F-1D7B-4CE0-8CE2-3429A2B39144.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 0A877C41-F153-4AD5-800C-C85C316BA7F3.jpeg
    0A877C41-F153-4AD5-800C-C85C316BA7F3.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 24

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Was able to take some stuff out that I haven’t been able to use for a long while now... what do you guys think of these?

sapphire and diamonds

ruby and diamonds

and what I cal as my “all-in-one” ring that has rubies sapphires emeralds and diamonds

Great collection! You can rotate one for each day. Enjoy!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

sapphire and diamonds

ruby and diamonds

I just love all of these !
Enjoy

sarasulzy

Rough_Rock

sapphire and diamonds

ruby and diamonds

Wow all beautiful rings, but love the red coral one!!

pk888

Shiny_Rock
Wow all beautiful rings, but love the red coral one!!

That one was something that took me a really long time to find before finally acquiring it

hard to find men’s rings

pk888

Shiny_Rock
I just love all of these !
Enjoy

Yesss me too

I stared with faceted sapphires rubies and emerald and then I Just needed to have red blue and green in cabichon style cuts

and realized the solid colors in cabichons are also as visually stunning

have yet to have a ruby cabichin but for now this coral ring is what I consider as my red cabochon ring

JustinL

Rough_Rock
Thanks all for the kind praise on my bangle. Really love it a lot. Was contemplating between a bangle and tennis bracelet. Bangle seems to works better for me in terms of size and budget. And it’s less flashy. I do appreciate a tennis bracelet probably one in the future :)

mewing

Rough_Rock
I'm oddly comforted to see so many guys here with all sorts of ring designs! I've always felt a little like an oddball for buying shiny stuff :razz:

Here are a few of my rings:
  1. The first one is a 4.5 carat unheated cornflower blue sapphire. It was my first blue sapphire and I didn't know what I was doing. The colour shifts a little to violet under incandescent lighting and it irks me a little.
  2. My second ring was bought in 2020. It's a Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green 2.03 carat diamond. I've really enjoyed the ring and I got it at a real bargain because I think my diamond dealer was really impacted by the global pandemic. I kinda regret the grey a little, but I'm not going to complain.
  3. The 5 stone diamond stack rings have a bit more drama going on. The white diamond ring was bought by my grandfather in the 1920s - 1930s. It's an old Straits Malayan piece. As a child I used to bug him nonstop for the ring, and after his death there was a huge tussle for his fortune. My aunt kept my grandparents' jewellery for herself except this ring, because my grandfather explicitly told her that he wants this ring to go to me before he passed on. Anyway, the ring was very loose on my finger and I decided to pair it with another ring consisting of 5 Fancy Vivid Yellow diamonds (1.66 ct total) so it wouldn't fall off.
IMG_3543.jpg
IMG_3747.jpg IMG_4721.JPG IMG_5450.jpg IMG_6305.jpg IMG_6993.jpg IMG_7028.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm oddly comforted to see so many guys here with all sorts of ring designs! I've always felt a little like an oddball for buying shiny stuff :razz:

1. The first one is a 4.5 carat unheated cornflower blue sapphire. It was my first blue sapphire and I didn't know what I was doing. The colour shifts a little to violet under incandescent lighting and it irks me a little.
  2. My second ring was bought in 2020. It's a Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green 2.03 carat diamond. I've really enjoyed the ring and I got it at a real bargain because I think my diamond dealer was really impacted by the global pandemic. I kinda regret the grey a little, but I'm not going to complain.
  3. The 5 stone diamond stack rings have a bit more drama going on. The white diamond ring was bought by my grandfather in the 1920s - 1930s. It's an old Straits Malayan piece. As a child I used to bug him nonstop for the ring, and after his death there was a huge tussle for his fortune. My aunt kept my grandparents' jewellery for herself except this ring, because my grandfather explicitly told her that he wants this ring to go to me before he passed on. Anyway, the ring was very loose on my finger and I decided to pair it with another ring consisting of 5 Fancy Vivid Yellow diamonds (1.66 ct total) so it wouldn't fall off.
IMG_3543.jpg

there are no odd balls here =)2

i love them all !

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new bangle 1.77ctw - 18 diamonds. I like how the oval shaped of the bangle able to fix the position of the diamonds on top

9C7DB21F-E44C-41F2-8E7E-C1F410697EBC.jpeg

If I were to have a bangle, it will be very similar to yours, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

JustinL

Rough_Rock
If I were to have a bangle, it will be very similar to yours, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

@dk168 you're welcome! yes it's a very versatile bangle. Can consider tennis as well :)

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@mewing amazing collection!!!!

JustinL

Rough_Rock

IMG_3543.jpg

Impressive collection!
By the way what is Straits Malayan piece? I’m fr malaysia and never hear about jewellery at these period time. @mewing

mewing

Rough_Rock
Impressive collection!
By the way what is Straits Malayan piece? I’m fr malaysia and never hear about jewellery at these period time. @mewing

I think more specifically it should be called Straits Chinese jewellery.

These rings were a spin-off from English jewellery in the 1900s, but they took on a more distinct Far Eastern style where the stones are pushed out further by a boxier centrepiece. But because the diamonds are held tall and high they tend to look bigger than they really are. Many of these rings also tend to be carved with Asian designs that is reminiscent of the Straits Malacca culture. It's hard to find them these days because many have been melted down. 10 years ago I saw a platinum one with Old European Cut diamonds, but I decided not to buy it because there's a limit to how many rings I can stack on my short pinky finger, haha. Anyway, kinda regret that I didn't get it after learning that these rings are quite hard to come by these days.

IMG_7038.jpg

mewing

Rough_Rock
My new rings came and this emerald ring will be sooon remodelled into a men’s ring

Pearl ring was picked up this week as well and resembles a crown with a diamond in the center 5484AD55-8C5E-4467-853C-646C2B8B81B3.jpeg

635A3700-5859-4B15-B313-9DC7C3DA8AD6.png

That's a very BOSS way of wearing a pearl! Love it! haha

JustinL

Rough_Rock
I think more specifically it should be called Straits Chinese jewellery.

These rings were a spin-off from English jewellery in the 1900s, but they took on a more distinct Far Eastern style where the stones are pushed out further by a boxier centrepiece. But because the diamonds are held tall and high they tend to look bigger than they really are. Many of these rings also tend to be carved with Asian designs that is reminiscent of the Straits Malacca culture. It's hard to find them these days because many have been melted down. 10 years ago I saw a platinum one with Old European Cut diamonds, but I decided not to buy it because there's a limit to how many rings I can stack on my short pinky finger, haha. Anyway, kinda regret that I didn't get it after learning that these rings are quite hard to come by these days.

IMG_7038.jpg

Interesting! Thanks for sharing :)

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_3543.jpg
IMG_3747.jpg

love that shade of blue! :kiss2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't remember if I had posted my carré cut bracelet in this thread, so here it is and I apologise in advance for the duplication.

Not straightly Men's jewellery, however the design is very masculine.

It is my own design, using 6 stones from a channel set band, and 2 slightly bigger loose ones reserved for making into a pair of earrings, all gifts from my mum.

I don't wear the band as I prefer to wear one of my own EC rings on my right hand, and the loose stones were too small as earrings for my big fat earlobes.

So I combined all 8 stones into a bracelet.

Instead of setting them in a row, I decided to spread them out a bit to provide better wrist coverage.

The design is based on a ID type bracelet with a solid plate, and I used to have one when I was young, made in platinum about 7mm wide.

It was very masculine and chunky, and I wore it for a few years until the engraving on the bracelet no longer matched my name on my Statutory Declaration as required by college.

It was sold and mum got her money back with a little bit extra.

Therefore, this new bracelet is a homage to my old bracelet.

The total carat weight of the carré cut diamonds is over 2.8ct, the width is 6mm, worn in the picture with my 1.94ct MRB bangle, again, another masculine design that I love.

20200721_164103.jpg

DK :))

JustinL

Rough_Rock
Can't remember if I had posted my carré cut bracelet in this thread, so here it is and I apologise in advance for the duplication.

It is my own design, using 6 stones from a channel set band, and 2 slightly bigger loose ones reserved for making into a pair of earrings, all gifts from my mum.

I don't wear the band as I prefer to wear one of my own EC rings on my right hand, and the loose stones were too small as earrings for my big fat earlobes.

Instead of setting them in a row, I decided to spread them out a bit to provide better wrist coverage.

The design is based on a ID type bracelet with a solid plate, and I used to have one when I was young, made in platinum about 7mm wide.

It was very masculine and chunky, and I wore it for a few years until the engraving on the bracelet no longer matched my name on my Statutory Declaration as required by college.

The total carat weight of the carré cut diamonds is over 2.8ct, the width is 6mm, worn in the picture with my 1.94ct MRB bangle, again, another masculine design that I love.

20200721_164103.jpg

I like both of them especially ID bracelet look. This will be my inspiration for next bracelet project. Thanks for sharing again! :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

20200721_164103.jpg

i love this thread
i feel quite inspired by bloke's jewlery
but i love that you are inspiring them back !!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results