#JOTW Meet "Uisce"

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh and those fire shots!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that I’ve figured out how to get videos to work on PS, I decided to take a snip of Uisce & the Ladies to update this thread with some fire! :dance:

Oooh GORGEOUS!:love::love::love:

And whaaaat? Hold the presses...we can post videos on PS now?
cheerleader1.gif

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh GORGEOUS!:love::love::love:

And whaaaat? Hold the presses...we can post videos on PS now?
cheerleader1.gif

You have to upload the video on YouTube, first, then copy/paste it, here. ;)2

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
@Matthews1127!

Sooooo many amazing photos in this thread, but ONLY ONE from the side so that we can see the side profile!

Please rectify this. You need to post more pictures!

:mrgreen2::lickout::kiss2:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock

Wow that's so pretty! Look at all those details you cannot see from the top! The detail is awesome and intricate. I love that you can see the cutlet. I really love how thick the prongs are, they look very reassuringly protective.

Did you have any input in the setting choice? Personally I'm not sure how you get anything done, there's no angle where you wouldn't be looking at that and tripping over your feet in distraction!

:mrgreen2:

Thanks for going out of your way to do that, so sweet of you. Droolworthy stuff!

Best wishes,
Lydia

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that's so pretty! Look at all those details you cannot see from the top! The detail is awesome and intricate. I love that you can see the cutlet. I really love how thick the prongs are, they look very reassuringly protective.

Did you have any input in the setting choice? Personally I'm not sure how you get anything done, there's no angle where you wouldn't be looking at that and tripping over your feet in distraction!

:mrgreen2:

Thanks for going out of your way to do that, so sweet of you. Droolworthy stuff!

Best wishes,
Lydia

Awe!! You’re so kind!! :kiss2:

I found this setting quite by accident, the year before DH proposed. I had gone into the jeweler’s to have my grandmother’s set inspected & fixed, and while they were taking care of her rings, I browsed their case. I stumbled upon this beauty, and asked to see it, up close, to view the details.
I have an heirloom piece from my Great-Aunt Katie; she’s an amazing Art-Deco Era shield ring. I wanted my ER to be similar in style to that ring; engraving, filigree, Vintage/Art-Deco inspired. This was the only ring that came close.
The jeweler grabbed her book, collected our info., documented the info for the ring, and kept it on file, in case my sweet man ever went there in search of my ER.
Sure enough, the following year, he did; he asked me for help with the center diamond, and he made the choice to go to the same jeweler (I was so excited...lol!). While looking at diamonds, the jeweler remembered me, whipped out her little book, and pulled out the exact setting to show him what I liked.
I was more concerned with the diamond, at that time, and would have accepted any setting he had chosen for me; even a temp setting, if that’s what he could afford. He chose the setting I loved, and surprised me, when he proposed. :mrgreen2:
I’d say I left a trail of breadcrumbs, but he, ultimately, chose the setting. I believe he really loves it, too. While we were searching for my WR, he insisted that it match my ER; the same scrollwork and millgrain detail HAD to be added to any WR, or he wouldn’t have it...lol!
You’ll notice, the jeweler acquiesced to his request, as my WR has the exact same design and detail added to it.
For my birthday, this year, he purchased a matching Anniversary Band made by the same designer who designed my ER. I wear that on my RH.
The 7 stone Asscher Anniversary Band Project also includes the same design & detail. We are just so in love with the design, and it really fits my personality & taste.
I get a lot of compliments from people, throughout the week; others see my rings from different angles & perspectives than I do, so I sometimes forget how awesome she looks from the profile...lol!
As for the prongs & the head design, that was a discussion between jeweler and DH, before he purchased the ER. The jeweler recommended this style to protect the EC. As much as I love dainty claw prongs/dbl claw prongs, these specially designed prongs act as a barrier for my EC, and have been very successful in doing their job.
My only concern, down the line, is the head coming loose (for some crazy reason), and losing that entire piece, including the diamond. I frequently stop at the jeweler’s for cleaning & inspection (average twice a month) just to make sure my diamonds are snug, and the head is secure.
I do baby my jewelry, and my wedding set puts my jewelry OCD into overdrive...lol!! I’m aware of the ring’s presence on my finger, and rarely knock it or snag it. Honestly, I’m surprised by that, but it’s true, and I use my hands, constantly.
I do glance at it, throughout the day, and catch myself staring at it during my walks to & from work (hence all the photos...lol!). I take photos of my rings, everywhere. As far as I’m concerned, every opportunity I have free time is an opportunity to catch my rings in the environment, especially if it’s a bright, sunny day! :lol-2:
“Shameless”!! :twisted2:

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOW! I love those pictures. The rings are just gorgeous ! Emerald cut stones are beautiful and the way you have the diamond set is stunning! Good think you walk to work or you might get blinded by sparkle driving!:appl:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! I love those pictures. The rings are just gorgeous ! Emerald cut stones are beautiful and the way you have the diamond set is stunning! Good think you walk to work or you might get blinded by sparkle driving!:appl:

:lol-2:

Thank you for your kind words!!! :kiss2:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread needs a little love.
I took this video in my mother in law’s backyard.
DH, his brother, and his dad were all there building a fence, and fixing her porch.
I supervised with our youngest daughter, while sunbathing with Uisce and Buann gra’ gach rud. Sweet November was chilling at home. ;)2
It was nice to wear just my wedding set to switch it up a bit.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
DH, his brother, and his dad were all there building a fence, and fixing her porch.
I supervised with our youngest daughter, while sunbathing with Uisce and Buann gra’ gach rud. Sweet November was chilling at home. ;)2

Gorgeous and so peaceful.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful ❤️

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowza!! Your set is blinding in the sun, @Matthews1127!! And I envy your long, slim fingers!

That is very kind. My hands are small, but my fingers create the illusion that they are longer than they really are...lol!
I LOVE the flashes that fly off step cuts! There’s nothing quite like it!

Gorgeous and so peaceful.
Thank you!
It was a beautiful day, this past Sunday. Almost 100 degrees, but very sunny, and blue skies.
My EC soaks in the colors around her, and that is what I try to capture in my videos and photos. Not very easy.

Beautiful ❤

Someday, we must meet and make a joint video, together.
Buballah and Uisce would be great friends. :cool2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dayamond

Rough_Rock
Good Morning, PSers!!!
After months of scrolling (and trolling), and drooling, and sharing, I finally decided to start my own thread to introduce my Engagement Ring (and my Wedding Band-after all, they ARE BFF's)!!
Recently, I posted a thread about how to "name" a diamond. After several hours of debate & discussion, I did some research & I came up with a name that suited my center ER diamond: Uisce
(Pronounced "Ish-ka" or "Oohsh-ka", depending on the dialect)
"Uisce" is Irish Gaelic for "Water".

Background Story:
My DH proposed to me, upon blended knee, on a bridge that overlooks a beautiful lake, in October. The water was clear & still, and it was a beautiful, sunny day. I couldn't have created a more picture perfect scene for a proposal, if I had tried.
When he opened the box, a gorgeous Emerald Cut Diamond stared back at me; clear and mesmerizing...just like the lake. She was absolutely stunning, and I had to close the box to concentrate on him, rather than the hypnotizing sparkler!
From that day on, I have always remembered that day, and how perfect the lake was; how clear & beautiful. Every day I look at my ring, I think how much she resembles the water, and it's mesmerizing qualities; smooth, clear & endless.
My DH & I share many heritages, but the one we chose to integrate into our wedding ceremony was our Celtic Heritage. Inscribed on the inside of our wedding bands (and written on the outside of our ceremonial programs) are the words "Buann gra' gach rud". Translated LITERALLY: "Love Wins Everything". Our slogan throughout our relationship has been "Love Conquers All". We face every obstacle & challenge head on, together, and that has only made us stronger & more united.
When carefully choosing a name for my beautiful, clear Emerald Cut, I decided to follow the Gaelic theme for her name: "Uisce"; "Water". Water is associated with so many other likenesses: fluidity, adaptability, and balance, which I believe defines who he & I are, as a couple. "Uisce" fits, perfectly.

Introduction:
Without further ado, I am completely ecstatic to formally introduce you to Uisce
IMG_6095.JPG

As you can imagine, choosing just ONE photo, or a "few" to share was painstakingly difficult, and I don't like photo clutter, so, I created a collage of SOME of my favorites of my beautiful Uisce.

Specifics:
Emerald Cut Diamond
1.07ct
G color
SI2 Clarity
VG Cut/VG Symmetry
6.90 x 4.74 x 3.28mm
L x W ratio: 1.45:1
No Fluorescence
(Her certificate does not give me specs on her table, girdle, culet, etc. If an ASET exists, my DH never kept it-he's not a jewelry person *GASP*! lol!)

She is Cut very well, and faces up quite large. Her table is long & slender & creates a very still water effect. The facets sparkle magnificently, and she loses very little to no light for an EC. She dims & brightens in all the right places; her flashes are intense, and blinding. She has beautiful reflective qualities, just like the lake; she is quite impressive for her size.
I can share more details about her setting, mounting, and BFF wedding band upon request; this thread was created just for her.

I should mention that my DH & I did shop together for ideas for my ER, but he was the one who ultimately decided what to purchase.
He was also very involved in the selection of my wedding band.
Considering he is not familiar with jewelry, I think he did an AMAZING job!

So beautiful...lovely setting! I am showing my bride to be

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful...lovely setting! I am showing my bride to be

Thank you very much!
I just hope this gives you confirmation that not all SI clarity graded EC’s are created equal. There are some very beautiful SI’s out there. You just have to be willing to look!
:cool2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just lovely, @Matthews1127! I like your wedding set very much - so pretty! Is your wedding ring the larger baguette and round band, which is bar set? I know you have one that's bezel set as well, but am not sure which was your actual wedding band. Anyway, I LOVE that larger one and aspire to one myself!!

And Uisce steals the show as always. That girl really knows how to put on a light show!!

Beautiful, Matthews. :)) :appl: :wavey:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just lovely, @Matthews1127! I like your wedding set very much - so pretty! Is your wedding ring the larger baguette and round band, which is bar set? I know you have one that's bezel set as well, but am not sure which was your actual wedding band. Anyway, I LOVE that larger one and aspire to one myself!!

And Uisce steals the show as always. That girl really knows how to put on a light show!!

Beautiful, Matthews. :)) :appl: :wavey:

Good morning, @mrs-b! So wonderful of you stop by to check out this thread!
You are always so kind with your compliments.
I will accept them with pride, coming from someone with such an amazing collection.
To answer your question, the band on the bottom of my finger (larger, bar set ring) is my wedding band (Buann gra’ gach rud). The smaller, bezel set band in the middle is my 1 year anniversary band (Sweet November).
Each has their own separate thread, as well. ;)2

It would seem the style of my wedding band is becoming increasingly more popular. I get a lot of compliments on it, and many ask where I found it.
Our local jeweler carried this ring for a short time, and once mine was sold, there was not one to replace it. Honestly, I think I bought the only one, which leads me to think this was not a stock piece. I was fortunate to find it, when I did.
There are plenty out there similar to it.
I have no doubt it can be replicated by any of the fabulous artisans you frequent.
=)2

H

Horsegirl76

Gorgeous, classic, and yet unique. Beautiful set! :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results