shape
carat
color
clarity

LOGR Settings . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
So.... if you need them modified, or made for specific sizes, you have to go through him directly, not just pick one up through the auctions, right?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks arjunajane for the honest opinion. He did recommend VS diamonds, and hopefully it will look nice. All of Lauren''s pictures look fabulous. Besides, for that price I''m not expecting Leon Menge (sp?) workmanship either (LOL!). I''ll post pics when I get it, and my tourmaline. It''s going to take 15 days to make.

Is he out of the U.S.? Where did you return the item to?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2008 7:17:22 AM
Author: arjunajane

Date: 9/20/2008 10:20:17 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I ordered this one in 14K yellow gold for my Mozambique blue copper bearing tourmaline. I special ordered it with VS diamonds ($131 extra) because I always worry about cloudy diamonds when a setting is so inexpensive. It still came out to less than $500 with all of the extra work,, ring sizing, diamond upgrade and shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=320300275524

How are the standard diamonds on his settings, truly really? I might order another setting. He''s also going to make the head in the correct size for my stone (my stone is more of a roval). For $50 extra, I couldn''t believe how cheap that was. My Jeweler would charge AT LEAST 4 to 5 times what I paid for this.

This seems too good to be true. I was looking at his settings a long time ago, but I didn''t order anything. Now that I happened upon this thread, I took the plunge. My poor stone has been sitting in a box forever.
Hey tourmaline lover - I also purchased the legacy style, in 18k gold and with standard diamonds.
I wasn''t going to post this, but seeing as you asked - I''m gonna send mine back
40.gif

Its not so much the diamonds, although they aren''t as sparkly as I''d hoped - quite a few of them seemed to have dark spots, perhaps ''ring of death''..
Mine just has some stodgy work around the bezel set stones.
Although, I really don''t want to discourage anyone - he has been really cool about the return, and all I''ll be out is a bit of shipping.
Dunno, perhaps I just got unlucky?

Also, I am actually not put off, and may consider getting the same round one as Lauren above, although I may need to upgrade to VS.

I would suggest just getting the standard first, then you can always send it back and upgrade the clarity, if need be.

hth
1.gif
Jane, thanks for posting this - and I''m sorry your setting turned out badly. I did have my jeweler fix loads of problems I had with the Legacy-esque, including polishing out the basket, because it''s clearly just cast and then set. I lucked out with mine, though - you can clearly see a tiny black spot in one of the melee at 11:00 in my halo - but, the rest of the diamonds are really nice and much more firey than I expected, though I have an impossible time of catching it with my camera.
4.gif

original.aspx

I''m not picky with my melee, either - but, the Cheapy McCheaperton that I bought shows ring of death in the tiny melee, and I wish I had upgraded to VS stones in that one.

Oh, well - the other 3 settings that I have I''ve been very happy with, and I really am trying to moderate myself with setting them.
11.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2008 9:46:32 AM
Author: geckodani
So.... if you need them modified, or made for specific sizes, you have to go through him directly, not just pick one up through the auctions, right?
Nope, you can just win the auction and then send him a message with what you want, and he''ll add the appropriate charge to make changes to your invoice.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a half carat pink/champagne diamond which shows a very strong pink cast. He told me I could pick out any of the round diamond settings, and he would do a rose gold head and make it for a 5mm stone. I''m dying to have that one set as well. It would look soooo pink in pink gold. I''m going to wait and see how this ring turns out. Again, another poor lonely stone sitting in a box for years.

At first I was thinking about getting this one with a VS diamond upgrade, but since he said he could do any of the diamond settings, it''s even more of a challenge picking one out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=280238061833

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
has anyone bought a rose gold setting from them?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2008 1:48:50 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Date: 9/21/2008 9:46:32 AM
Author: geckodani
Nope, you can just win the auction and then send him a message with what you want, and he''ll add the appropriate charge to make changes to your invoice.
Seriously? Awesome!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey again Lauren and tourmaline lover.

Lauren, no need to say sorry ! Like I said, I think I was just unlucky..plus, I've had alot of difficulty finding a coloured stone to fit the mount, I thought I'd be better served to wait until I have the gem, then go back.
I'm keen to try again though , and definately the rounf one of yours is on my list for my OEC
1.gif

I'm happy for you that most of yours have turned out good.

Tourmaline, the ring came from China but I am sending it back to the US. My guess is their customer service is in the US, while the production is in China.
I definately agree that for the price its better than anything else I've seen.

hth
1.gif

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
I just browsed their ebay website, great settings and great price. BUT...has anyone bother to check out whether those are real diamonds melees?

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I think I read that Lauren has taken the setting to her jeweler and has received their confirmation that they are real.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 12:27:49 PM
Author: lovegem
I just browsed their ebay website, great settings and great price. BUT...has anyone bother to check out whether those are real diamonds melees?
My jeweler confirmed the diamonds as real. The gold tested as 14k. In both of the settings he has seen he was amazed at the price, so he went back and double confirmed the quality.

Hope that helps!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
MY RING HAS BEEN SHIPPED!! Cant wait to get it and Ill share lots of pics!!!!! :)

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 2:32:07 PM
Author: blondebunny
MY RING HAS BEEN SHIPPED!! Cant wait to get it and Ill share lots of pics!!!!! :)
Woooohoooo! Can''t wait to see the pics when you get it!

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 2:15:18 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Date: 9/22/2008 12:27:49 PM

Author: lovegem

My jeweler confirmed the diamonds as real. The gold tested as 14k. In both of the settings he has seen he was amazed at the price, so he went back and double confirmed the quality.

Hope that helps!

Thanks Lauren. You have done us great service!
36.gif

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
hey guys, couple more questions before I start looking for a setting for my garnet.

1. Usually how much does it cost the jeweler to put the stone into the setting? Will most of the jeweler provide this service?

2. Are their VS diamond much better than their SI diamonds? Do they sparkle?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depending on the size of the stone and the gold type (it usually costs much more to set white gold since they have to typically repolish and replate), it can cost anywhere from $20 to $120 to set a stone. The price varies on the jeweler and the workmanship expertise. A higher end jewelry store will probably charge more than a small operation that doesn''t specialize in wokrmanship. If the jeweler also has to make accomodations to the setting to get your stone to fit, that also adds quite a bit to the price.

The LOGR vendor said the diamonds are "lively", but he said that if I had a stone that had greater clarity than SI, then I should get VS. I take that to mean that the SI stones are lively, but probably have visible to the eye inclusions. When I get my VS setting, I will post pictures of it.

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
Thanks tourmaline.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
My jeweler charged me $50 to set my diamond in my setting about a year ago. It was white gold and that included a rhodium dip. (I live in Southern California)

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
My setting is VS stones in 18kt..so Ill tell ya how sparkley they are when I get it hopefully by the end of the week!!!!! :)

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
Thanks luvmyhalo.

BB, can''t wait to see your new purchase.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Ok I just did a TERRIBLE thing and read this entire thread for the first time. I MUST HAVE one (or all) of these settings!!!!
11.gif

I just put an offer on a house and CANNOT be spending my money.
39.gif
But it''s soooooooooooooooooooooooo fun................................

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
LOL Kelli. Get your ring back and replace the diamonds in your band first silly.
2.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
No kidding LOL!!! I will probably wait on changing the stones in my band though. I''ve had the ring for over seven years and I''ve decided that it doesn''t become my official "wedding ring" until after the stones are changed, and at that point I won''t wear it again until we are actually married (2010). It''s my placeholder for now.
1.gif

But yes, you are right. I need to wait!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2008 1:54:31 PM
Author: Kelli
Ok I just did a TERRIBLE thing and read this entire thread for the first time. I MUST HAVE one (or all) of these settings!!!!
11.gif

I just put an offer on a house and CANNOT be spending my money.
39.gif
But it''s soooooooooooooooooooooooo fun................................

9.gif

Just focus on the house, and the diamond recut . . . and all of the othe things you have up in the air right now.

Once you complete those, though - I think you should celebrate with a little something for yourself.
2.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
And so of course I pointed out several settings that are ending soon over in the RIW thread for Kelli, LOL! Enabling is fun...

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
My ring arrived in NY today.. hopefully it gets to me tomorrow or friday!!! im sooo excited!! Ill take pics before I get it set!! :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t wait for your ring to arrive either. You MUST post pictures!!! How exciting.
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2008 8:41:19 PM
Author: blondebunny
My ring arrived in NY today.. hopefully it gets to me tomorrow or friday!!! im sooo excited!! Ill take pics before I get it set!! :)
Is it here yet?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results