shape
carat
color
clarity

LOGR Settings . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 11:44:02 AM
Author: MonkeyPie

Date: 8/27/2008 11:18:15 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Oh, and I''m also considering the 3 stone with pave that your husband didn''t care for, for a 6mm diamond.
2.gif
Eee! Now that one I really want to see. I loved those teeny little diamonds on the sides.

I also really like this one - if the EC shaving down doesn''t work out, I am seriously considering this one, and trading in my EC diamond for an asscher. This setting is just gorgeous and I love the euro band.

To be perfectly honest, I just want all of them. Lol if only!
Oh my goodness, MP - I''m right there with you!

And I LOVE the setting you linked! The price is exceedingly reasonable for such a gorgeous setting!

Gah, I''m going to have 20 of these things before the year is up if I don''t watch it!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 12:17:12 PM

Eee! Now that one I really want to see. I loved those teeny little diamonds on the sides.

I also really like this one - if the EC shaving down doesn''t work out, I am seriously considering this one, and trading in my EC diamond for an asscher. This setting is just gorgeous and I love the euro band.

And I LOVE the setting you linked! The price is exceedingly reasonable for such a gorgeous setting!

Gah, I''m going to have 20 of these things before the year is up if I don''t watch it!
Hah! Better start procuring stones that will fit each one! I wish I could have one of each - with a different color in each one!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 12:26:54 PM

Date: 8/27/2008 12:17:12 PM

Hah! Better start procuring stones that will fit each one! I wish I could have one of each - with a different color in each one!
Oh, geez - that was not a good thing to say, MP! Now you have the brain a-churning!

I''m already working on a red tourmaline, posisbly a pinkish tourm, and possibly something in yellow for this same setting.

I''m so bad.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 12:34:09 PM

Date: 8/27/2008 12:26:54 PM

Oh, geez - that was not a good thing to say, MP! Now you have the brain a-churning!

I''m already working on a red tourmaline, posisbly a pinkish tourm, and possibly something in yellow for this same setting.

I''m so bad.
*does the enabler dance*
The thought of a rainbow in my jewelry box is sooooo appealing. I have been chatting with a cutter I found via flickr and I am considering a warm, golden citrine...that would look DELISH in a LOGR setting. I love yellow!

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
affordable is right! we''re not richy riches by any stretch - my mom always said i had champagne taste on a beer budget... so while i would LUV a trinity pave rolling ring
2.gif
these will just have to do ;-)...

i''m going to order the white gold ring first to check out the quality etc.
if everything is a ''go'' i''ll order the rose gold... THEN i was thinking that i''d probably get my sister, mom and myself a yellow gold pave band for christmas! i like the idea of having matching jewelry, since we were always a ''trio''.. and adding another color band each year ;-)

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 12:37:45 PM
Author: vizsla
affordable is right! we''re not richy riches by any stretch - my mom always said i had champagne taste on a beer budget... so while i would LUV a trinity pave rolling ring
2.gif

if everything is a ''go'' i''ll order the rose gold... THEN i was thinking that i''d probably get my sister, mom and myself a yellow gold pave band for christmas! i like the idea of having matching jewelry, since we were always a ''trio''.. and adding another color band each year ;-)
Awww, that''s a super cute idea!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 12:41:02 PM

2.gif

Awww, that''s a super cute idea!
Ditto! Very cute!

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
that is unless he gets sooooo popular and raises his prices -- are you listening LOGR??? tee hee heee.. it''s like starbucks.. i can''t handle the $.10 increase ;-)

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 12:58:54 PM
that is unless he gets sooooo popular and raises his prices -- are you listening LOGR??? tee hee heee.. it''s like starbucks.. i can''t handle the $.10 increase ;-)
Be still my heart noooo!
39.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
2.gif

What a great idea!

I may have to steal this . . .

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Oh no fair !
39.gif
I was bidding on and winning this band since the start, now I've been outbid overnight...grumble grumble..

oh, and is it just me or have the prices seemed to go up a lil? as in, the min. start bid seems higher on a lot of them..?
15.gif

dia band1.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been watching several of the LOGR settings, too, until I found the Whiteflash setting for my asscher spinel. There are SO many colored stones that I would love to have and LOGR would be the place for me to shop for mountings as long as they hold their prices down. I contacted them and they are willing to make custom pieces, too, but I don''t know what the prices will be.

How do you decide on one piece when there are so many options out there???

Lori

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 9:53:35 PM
Author: arjunajane
Oh no fair !
39.gif
I was bidding on and winning this band since the start, now I've been outbid overnight...grumble grumble..

oh, and is it just me or have the prices seemed to go up a lil? as in, the min. start bid seems higher on a lot of them..?
15.gif
Awww, I'm sorry Jane!

I'm going to tell you a little secret about Ebay.
2.gif

I find auctions I want to bid on, and then just stick it in my watch list - take note of when the auction ends and schedule it in my Outlook calendar with a link to the auction, and then snipe the auction with my max bid with 20-40 seconds left.4

I never lose an auction. I just hate watching an auction go up and up over the week, and if the interim bidding starts happening too often, I abandon the auction and move on to a new one.

Just a little hint - I know I'm going to lose a setting now to one of you.
6.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 10:21:24 PM
Author: loriken214
I''ve been watching several of the LOGR settings, too, until I found the Whiteflash setting for my asscher spinel. There are SO many colored stones that I would love to have and LOGR would be the place for me to shop for mountings as long as they hold their prices down. I contacted them and they are willing to make custom pieces, too, but I don''t know what the prices will be.

Lori

I emailed LOGR about custom pieces. Basically, you pick the one you want, and add $50 to the "Buy It Now" price. That''s it :) VERY inexpensive.

I am still hoping this is what my husband is doing.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 10:33:40 PM
Awww, I''m sorry Jane!

I''m going to tell you a little secret about Ebay.
2.gif

I find auctions I want to bid on, and then just stick it in my watch list - take note of when the auction ends and schedule it in my Outlook calendar with a link to the auction, and then snipe the auction with my max bid with 20-40 seconds left.4

I never lose an auction. I just hate watching an auction go up and up over the week, and if the interim bidding starts happening too often, I abandon the auction and move on to a new one.

Just a little hint - I know I''m going to lose a setting now to one of you.
6.gif

I do this exact same thing :) I have still lost auctions to other people doing the exact same thing, with a higher max bid than mine. But very rarely.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh no fair !
39.gif
I was bidding on and winning this band since the start, now I''ve been outbid overnight...grumble grumble..

15.gif
Awww, I''m sorry Jane!

2.gif

6.gif
I''ve used automatic auction sniper programs (such as auctionsniper.com) to do the same thing. I enter my top bid in the auction sniper program, tell it how far in advance of the close of the sale I want the bid placed (i.e., 10 seconds), and then forget about it. I can go in and change the snipe before the end of the auction if I change my mind about how much I want to spend for some reason, but usually I don''t. The main advantage for me is that I can place a last second bid no matter when the auction ends, and it allows me to be a bit more disciplined about choosing my top bid and then sticking to it!
2.gif

There is a slight fee when I win, but it''s usually minor. Of course it doesn''t help when someone is willing to bid more than I am on something....

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

Oh no fair !
39.gif
I was bidding on and winning this band since the start, now I''ve been outbid overnight...grumble grumble..

15.gif
Awww, I''m sorry Jane!

2.gif

6.gif
Thanks guys for the hints.
I am such an ebay amatuer !
I don''t use Outlook, but may have to start just for this reason, lol..
5.gif

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
hey all!
quick question...

hubby gave the thumbs up to ordering one of these bands
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

now, i''m having trouble deciding which one..

this one is a full eternity pave and 2.0mm

c802_2.JPG

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
this one is half pave and 2.5mm

i''m going to eventually stack 3 bands together (baring the quality is decent) - my other rings are 1/2 eternity as well.. but my sapphire band is full eternity.

i quite like the look of a full eternity better, but am concerned that with pave being.. well pave... that for durability i should probably go for the 1/2 eternity.. and i could also have it sized in the future.. what are your thoughts?

320290275111_1.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I bought this split shank fishtail pave setting and it was very pretty. My only dissatisfaction with the settings is that they only come in one head size. For example, this setting fits a one carat only. I'd love to have a bigger option because I think a cushion cut aqua would look stunning in here!

LOGRfishtailpave.JPG

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Upgradeable that is gorgeous! Very sparkly :)
And you can change the setting size, you just have to add $50 and they will custom make it.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 9:40:50 AM
this one is half pave and 2.5mm

i''m going to eventually stack 3 bands together (baring the quality is decent) - my other rings are 1/2 eternity as well.. but my sapphire band is full eternity.

i quite like the look of a full eternity better, but am concerned that with pave being.. well pave... that for durability i should probably go for the 1/2 eternity.. and i could also have it sized in the future.. what are your thoughts?
Oh Vizsla, i''m voting for the full eternity! I want it, too, and since my wedding band is 2 mm, that would be a great alternative to my plain band, I think.

Unless you have supermodel long, thin fingers, that''s the direction I would go. Could you maybe ask him to make it in 3/4 pave?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 1:16:20 AM
Author: MINIMS

Oh no fair !
39.gif

15.gif
Awww, I''m sorry Jane!

2.gif

6.gif
I''ve used automatic auction sniper programs (such as auctionsniper.com) to do the same thing. I enter my top bid in the auction sniper program, tell it how far in advance of the close of the sale I want the bid placed (i.e., 10 seconds), and then forget about it. I can go in and change the snipe before the end of the auction if I change my mind about how much I want to spend for some reason, but usually I don''t. The main advantage for me is that I can place a last second bid no matter when the auction ends, and it allows me to be a bit more disciplined about choosing my top bid and then sticking to it!
2.gif

There is a slight fee when I win, but it''s usually minor. Of course it doesn''t help when someone is willing to bid more than I am on something....
I''ve used them before, but, I use my method for a bit of self-control.
4.gif

It means I have to really, really want something because I have to know I''ll be near a computer when the auction ends. It helps me not buy every single LOGR setting I like.
2.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 10:05:42 AM
Author: Upgradable
I bought this split shank fishtail pave setting and it was very pretty. My only dissatisfaction with the settings is that they only come in one head size. For example, this setting fits a one carat only. I''d love to have a bigger option because I think a cushion cut aqua would look stunning in here!
Upgradeable - I''ve been looking at that one, or one like it.

It looks pretty, but do you have any larger pics of it? I''d love to see if you have a chance.
1.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 10:56:46 PM

Date: 8/28/2008 10:21:24 PM
Author: loriken214

Lori

I emailed LOGR about custom pieces. Basically, you pick the one you want, and add $50 to the ''Buy It Now'' price. That''s it :) VERY inexpensive.

I am still hoping this is what my husband is doing.
Thank you MP! Can''t wait to see what your husband has been up to!
31.gif

Lori

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I don''t own any. Never even heard of them till now. Have you been happy with them?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2008 1:12:53 AM

Date: 8/29/2008 10:05:42 AM
Author: Upgradable
I bought this split shank fishtail pave setting and it was very pretty. My only dissatisfaction with the settings is that they only come in one head size. For example, this setting fits a one carat only. I''d love to have a bigger option because I think a cushion cut aqua would look stunning in here!
Upgradeable - I''ve been looking at that one, or one like it.

It looks pretty, but do you have any larger pics of it? I''d love to see if you have a chance.
1.gif
Let me take a look and see. I was really impressed with the setting, unfortunately I let it go to someone who needed it more than I did.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
So, I got my other 2 settings, but haven''t had time to take any decent pics. Boooo!

But, I''m a stinker, and I ordered a 3rd.
11.gif

I found a diamond that will fit perfectly for a steal and I should have that project done by the end of this month!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 6:07:47 PM
So, I got my other 2 settings, but haven''t had time to take any decent pics. Boooo!

But, I''m a stinker, and I ordered a 3rd.
11.gif

I found a diamond that will fit perfectly for a steal and I should have that project done by the end of this month!
umm.. pictures, pictures!
36.gif
pleeeeease
31.gif
I am trying to decide if (and what setting?!) I will go with LOGR for pinkie the spinel. I''d love to see what else you have now.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Holy cow Lauren! I''m so jealous, I want to be you. Lol you must have five LOGR settings by now. Are the new ones that came in just as gorgeous as the first?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results